Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you rather be tall and ugly or short and handsome?  (Read 6733 times)

MrHandsome

Re: Would you rather be tall and ugly or short and handsome?
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »

Sometimes I question people's experiences with actual girls and think they are stuck in their heads and on Internet forums. I have dated three girls who said they don't even like tall guys. One said: "I think the hottest male celeb is blank. I like him because he's 5' 7" and I don't like guys who are too tall." Another girl said, "I dated a guy who was 6' and it was awkward because I'm really short." And finally the third said, "he was too tall and felt like a giant next to me."

I guess you can play devil's advocate and say they are the exception and may be in the 5% minority, and for each one of them I could have had ten more girls interested in me if I was 6', however the point stands.

Tall is not universally preferred. Fact. I have to add one thing though. Every single girl except for one I've dated mentioned height / asked how tall i was at some point.

They are just saying this to be nice to you. Girls will date short guys but they prefer taller if all else is equal.

MoveUp

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 04:43:22 PM »

They are just saying this to be nice to you. Girls will date short guys but they prefer taller if all else is equal.

Ok, reverse the situation. I prefer short girls over tall girls but if I was talking to two girls and I hit it off even a teenie bit more with the tall one, I would go with her. Same can be said for boobs and other features. People have preferences but many times these are not requirements and are not as important as you may think.

I've even been attracted to girls who I would not have even given a glance to on the street because they had a certain sxxy personality and aura about them. And I've been turned off by 9's who have a look like they are above everyone else.
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

MoveUp

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 05:03:39 PM »

Ways to even out playing field and win easily over most six footers at 5' 7"+ (have to work harder at less than 5' 7" but can still be achieved):

-Become a musician (tall guys are a dime a dozen but musicians are rare and girls love talented musicians)
-Learn game
-Be funny
-Control negative thoughts
-Wear nice clothes
-Work out but don't get bulky
-Have a mentor who you see yourself in and who is successful at what you want to do. "If that guy can do it, so can I."
-Eat your pride man. We can't all be Ryan Gosling, Calvin Harris, Jake Gyllenhaal.... Some people are born lucky, most aren't
-Realize that tall guys have depression, anxiety, insecurities, fears, and flaws just like us
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

Iamready

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »

this place is turning into r/short real quick.

crimsontide

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 05:38:08 PM »

avg height at ivy league universities is less than 5'10.

Many Asian males  and no athletic scholarships= not a tall avg

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »

When you are 5'8 or under the first thing people notice about you is your height or lack thereof.

LOL! The stupidity in this forum can get so insane sometimes. How people can actually believe these statements is beyond me.

5'6'', 5'7'' and 5'8'' are completely normal, unspectacular heights. They are below average, sure, but they are also very normal and common. I literally see dozends of men in that height range every day when I go out in the city, and I'm even trying not to pay attention. It's definitely not a height that will make people pay attention or turn heads, because it's seen every day, in men and women.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 05:54:32 PM »

LOL! The stupidity in this forum can get so insane sometimes. How people can actually believe these statements is beyond me.

5'6'', 5'7'' and 5'8'' are completely normal, unspectacular heights. They are below average, sure, but they are also very normal and common. I literally see dozends of men in that height range every day when I go out in the city, and I'm even trying not to pay attention. It's definitely not a height that will make people pay attention or turn heads, because it's seen every day, in men and women.

I don't remember anybody commenting on my height ever.

5'5 living in a tall european country

YungGud

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 06:13:43 PM »

it's not about stupidity of the forum it's about craziness of some users(c)Joker
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

MoveUp

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 06:17:20 PM »

it's not about stupidity of the forum it's about craziness of some users(c)Joker

Dude, you're 5' 10" with a solid wing span. You don't need to worry about height stuff.

google42

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 06:34:14 PM »

I don't remember anybody commenting on my height ever.

5'5 living in a tall european country

That's because most people aren't all caught up in this height crap. It only people like us that would notice.

Bander72

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 07:16:03 PM »

Mr handsome you said before with 2 cm you woild solve your height issues. If you think 5 8 is very short i doubt the 2 cm could. Don't you think this  is all in your head. 5 8 is a little  below avg but not 5 2 like you make it out to be. Id advice  to get theraphy before anything else.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 07:30:28 PM »

Mr handsome you said before with 2 cm you woild solve your height issues. If you think 5 8 is very short i doubt the 2 cm could. Don't you think this  is all in your head. 5 8 is a little  below avg but not 5 2 like you make it out to be. Id advice  to get theraphy before anything else.

his probably from usa and got cm to inches mixed up cause he could easily and discretely wear 2 cm lifts in his socks

Bander72

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

No he said with 5 9 he would be good. This a false sense of reality that he has. As a expert of insoles I know that 2 cm aren't much of a difference maker to even wear them.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 11:01:16 PM »

No he said with 5 9 he would be good. This a false sense of reality that he has. As a expert of insoles I know that 2 cm aren't much of a difference maker to even wear them.

Then he has a mental illness

Jack1066

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 11:57:24 PM »

Can people please stop using "tall" and "short" incorrectly.

I.e. "many women want tall in a man, but some don't mind short" should instead read "many women want taller men, but some don't mind shorter men".

This is because "tall" and "short" are actually adjectives.

Just something I read a lot that kind of annoys me. I'm not even a grammar Nazi.

Aside from that, women don't walk around with tape measures. Maybe they'll claim to like x or y height and no less if they have to think about it but it's not like being 2 cm shorter than their proclaimed cut-off is generally going to disqualify you.

If they have to ask you and then decide they don't like you after the fact, that's funny enough to make the rejection worth it. Women (people in general) who think like that are vapid as fk.

I go to a UK Russell Group uni which I think should be the equivalent of US ivy league and the (private-school educated, white) guys here are probably around 5'11" give or take a cm, I would say 6'0" still looks tallish. (Not talking about the southeast Asian students who are really tiny). And American white men and British white men are practically the same height, British white men are a little taller even.

P.S. my sister thinks tall guys look gross and short guys are more "compact" and aesthetically pleasing (her words). I see her point. In my experience a lot of short girls prefer relatively short guys, or just don't care because most guys are much taller than them anyway. Not even a minority at all, probably actually more than have ridiculous height cut-offs. That said, when I say relatively short I generally mean like 5'7" plus, so really quite average broadly speaking. If you are below that I think it gets pretty hard. Then again a lot of short guys don't help themselves by acting like insecure pricks about it. Pile on the hate, but it's true. Being insecure is OK so long as you are cool and not scared to be vulnerable about it, and willing to put it to the side too, but being a dck about it will stop anyone from taking you seriously.

I think 5'8" is considered short in some places, average in others, but very short, no way. Where I am "very short" would be 5'5"-5'6" or less, "short" 5'8" or less, and other  people here are pretty tall.

Jack1066

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 11:59:37 PM »

That's because most people aren't all caught up in this height crap. It only people like us that would notice.

Yup

MrHandsome

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2017, 12:15:47 AM »

I meant to say 2 inches boss. I don't mean to cause any nuisance here. I am just commenting that my height of 5'8 is rarely found on campus. Moreover even orientals are getting taller these days. That has just been my experience. Others should feel free to share their experience.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 10:39:15 AM »

Can people please stop using "tall" and "short" incorrectly.

I.e. "many women want tall in a man, but some don't mind short" should instead read "many women want taller men, but some don't mind shorter men".

This is because "tall" and "short" are actually adjectives.

Just something I read a lot that kind of annoys me. I'm not even a grammar Nazi.

Aside from that, women don't walk around with tape measures. Maybe they'll claim to like x or y height and no less if they have to think about it but it's not like being 2 cm shorter than their proclaimed cut-off is generally going to disqualify you.

If they have to ask you and then decide they don't like you after the fact, that's funny enough to make the rejection worth it. Women (people in general) who think like that are vapid as fk.

I go to a UK Russell Group uni which I think should be the equivalent of US ivy league and the (private-school educated, white) guys here are probably around 5'11" give or take a cm, I would say 6'0" still looks tallish. (Not talking about the southeast Asian students who are really tiny). And American white men and British white men are practically the same height, British white men are a little taller even.

P.S. my sister thinks tall guys look gross and short guys are more "compact" and aesthetically pleasing (her words). I see her point. In my experience a lot of short girls prefer relatively short guys, or just don't care because most guys are much taller than them anyway. Not even a minority at all, probably actually more than have ridiculous height cut-offs. That said, when I say relatively short I generally mean like 5'7" plus, so really quite average broadly speaking. If you are below that I think it gets pretty hard. Then again a lot of short guys don't help themselves by acting like insecure pricks about it. Pile on the hate, but it's true. Being insecure is OK so long as you are cool and not scared to be vulnerable about it, and willing to put it to the side too, but being a dck about it will stop anyone from taking you seriously.

I think 5'8" is considered short in some places, average in others, but very short, no way. Where I am "very short" would be 5'5"-5'6" or less, "short" 5'8" or less, and other  people here are pretty tall.

I completely agree with everything you said.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

guichethope

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 10:17:27 AM »

5'7 is short , it's a fact but honestly I can pick all the girls i want cause of my face . Height is not all in dating life .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up