Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: to sue or not to sue?  (Read 8816 times)

notimportant

to sue or not to sue?
« on: April 03, 2017, 09:29:25 PM »

This is situation. The manufacturer sells bad nails and the patients have to suffer the consequences: more surgeries, more pain, more recovery time, permanent sequels. The failure was due to bad functioning of this expensive product. The doctor doesn't want the patients to sue the manufacturer because his business would be off. The doctor sides with the manufacturer instead of patients. Would you support such a doctor? The doctor's priority shouldn't be business but patients' wellbeing but this LL doctor is a greedy moneymaker s most LL doctors. imo patients should take care of themselves and not worry about the business of a person who doesn't care about them.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

vegeta24

Re: to sue or not to sue?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:45:29 PM »

Hmm yet another Dr. Monegal thread. I wouldn't go to Monegal mostly because of what all you have said and I do believe he is incompetent somewhat and the nail seems to have a lot of problems. But what is with this obsession man? Did he wrong you personally or something? Just focus on getting your surgery.

Auron

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »

This guy isnt banned yet? No wonder this forum look like a circus now a days.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 11:21:22 PM »

Not going into Dr.Monegal competence or incompetence, this guy should be banned as it is a clone account off a banned account.

Also, This guy praised Guichet even after he got that female patient the exact same complication of Musicmaker and went to reccomend him and other docs even though he has no idea on any doc.
I learned some stuff during this time

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 11:48:58 PM »

I believe that if a patients has to sue someone this is fitbone's company, not the doctor because it is not his fault.
But if this nail keeps having a high complication rate, then I think that any doctor who is considered respectable should stop using it.

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 12:31:48 AM »

I think that in terms of reliability precise 2.2 is surely better.
I haven't seen this nail failing in any diary while fitbone failed in about 1/3 diaries.
Of course this rate can be general but even if 1/10 of fitbones fails it is still too much and the company must do something asap to fix that problem.
It is obvious that 0,1 % failure rate that the company mentions (I think that I read it in Helloworld's diary) can't be real when we have so many failures in the diaries here.

Of course there isn't a perfect nail but fitbone (like precise) isn't perfect mainly because it is now weight bearing.
But that doesn't mean that it is normal to have low reliability. This is unacceptable for any modern nail.

Tiny

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 12:46:24 AM »

He also recommends Dr Mitkovic... while 4 patients from Dr Mitkovic came here for having corrections by Dr Monegal and some others are requesting information for future procedures!

Can you give more details about these corrections?

Edit: Not asking for something personal, just an overview of what these complications are. Thanks.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 04:02:30 AM »

Can you give more details about these corrections?

Edit: Not asking for something personal, just an overview of what these complications are. Thanks.

I want to know this too.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Bander72

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 04:04:58 AM »

Take into account that Precise has also failed in some cases, like in Penguinn's.

As Dr Monegal says, the perfect implant doesnt' exist. Each doctor must choose the nail which he deems the best among those available in the market by taking into account his own experience, the existent literature, and the company history records.

Dr Monegal uses Fitbone because the system allows not only lengthening but also bone transport in cases of massive loses of bone (Precise is trying to copy this at this moment). Moreover, the Wittenstein company's policy is smarter than Precise's. While Precise's approach is more of a commercial kind and allows undiscriminate surgeons to use its nails, Fitbone creates centers and educates its surgeons so that patients have the best possible results.

You defend mongeal way too much and on points that are not true. Precise may have had some failures but it is still a far more superior nail to fitbone and as bodybuilder said a doc that sees a lot of these failures should stop using  the device. Your worshiping of mongeal is like that other patient that said that mongeal was better than paley or rozbruch.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

RealTrump

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 05:42:35 AM »

LLUser1 started coming here like 3 years ago. Crazy thing is.. 3 years later, he is still short and angry.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 06:28:19 AM »

Take into account that Precise has also failed in some cases, like in Penguinn's.

Which he got replaced immediately

You defend mongeal way too much and on points that are not true. Precise may have had some failures but it is still a far more superior nail to fitbone and as bodybuilder said a doc that sees a lot of these failures should stop using  the device. Your worshiping of mongeal is like that other patient that said that mongeal was better than paley or rozbruch.

That's monegal patients for ya. But if you dare to say something bad about him almost whole triggered army will come after you.

Bander72

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 07:55:14 AM »

Which he got replaced immediately

That's monegal patients for ya. But if you dare to say something bad about him almost whole triggered army will come after you.

Yes and I don't see other doctor patients  coming out of the wood work like they do, almost like a cult.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 08:24:51 AM »

We all know that Precise is better than Fitbone. Also, we should suspect that Dr Monegal actively "encourages" his patients to advertise for him in this forum. This doctor is probably good or at least average but this is clearly a business for him (as for all others), that's why he omits information about complications or downplays them.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

helloworld

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »

I doubt that Precise and Guichet nail are better than Fitbone, because my doctor, Dr. Monegal, told me that Fitbone is superior to Precise and far superior to Guichet nail. In fact, the doctor told me that he was incentivised by Precise do use their nail but chose not to, due to the nail inferiority.
I agree with Musicmaker and Auron (full disclosure: they are my friends) that Dr. Monegal is doing a fantastic job. So if at all we might pya more to say "thank you".
I am not sure about Fitbone, maybe the nail is really good. But of course, even if the manufacturer of a nail has done everything correctly and has indeed a low failure rate, they would still be liable in those cases that a failure occurs.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 11:13:04 AM »

Of course your Dr who uses Fitnone won't admit he uses an inferior nail. Fitbone malfunctions more than Precise, Precise is FDA approved and is used by the top LL doctors in the world as we ALL know. Do you admit that Dr Monegal actively encourages patients to advertise for him? We all know he was one time very active here, constantly arguing with many trolls, etc. Would you expect that kind of behavior from Paley? Rozburch?
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Auron

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 11:30:50 AM »

Of course your Dr who uses Fitnone won't admit he uses an inferior nail. Fitbone malfunctions more than Precise, Precise is FDA approved and is used by the top LL doctors in the world as we ALL know. Do you admit that Dr Monegal actively encourages patients to advertise for him? We all know he was one time very active here, constantly arguing with many trolls, etc. Would you expect that kind of behavior from Paley? Rozburch?
How do you know that fitbone malfunctions more than precise? Any official proof?

When we say that fitbone is better than precise we are simply giving our opinion. If I thought othetwise I'd had gone with precise. I do want the best choice for my legs.

Also, I don't know about the other patients but I don't discuss forum matters with my doc and if I see someone accusing him with false statements its just natural that I  defend him, after all, he has done a fantastic job with my legs so far and not many patients around the world can say the same of their doctor.

If by any chance or at any given time I think that my doctor is not capable of doing it's job correctly I can switch to any other doctor at my own free will.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »

How do you know that fitbone malfunctions more than precise? Any official proof?

When we say that fitbone is better than precise we are simply giving our opinion. If I thought othetwise I'd had gone with precise. I do want the best choice for my legs.

Also, I don't know about the other patients but I don't discuss forum matters with my doc and if I see someone accusing him with false statements its just natural that I  defend him, after all, he has done a fantastic job with my legs so far and not many patients around the world can say the same of their doctor.

If by any chance or at any given time I think that my doctor is not capable of doing it's job correctly I can switch to any other doctor at my own free will.

It is impossible to get definite proof. Because the company controls which doctors do the surgery and therefore also all information regarding outcomes (publication bias). Furthermore, Precise is available all over the world and information regarding this nail is free and more transparent.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »

Guys I know I can't back up what I'm about to say, and I don't have definite proof. However, at least listen to this. People close to the patients of Dr Monegal have told me he "forces" them to advertise for him because they are living in his residence. DO be very careful with this doctor.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Auron

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »

Guys I know I can't back up what I'm about to say, and I don't have definite proof. However, at least listen to this. People close to the patients of Dr Monegal have told me he "forces" them to advertise for him because they are living in his residence. DO be very careful with this doctor.
LOL! This made my day, thank you.

crimsontide

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 01:21:47 PM »

The creator of this thread has way too much time on  his/her hands

I would not  trust their opinion too much. At the same time,  Musicmaker's  opinion  on this matter is totally worthless.  Not even sure why she posts as it    looks as if Monegal sent her here.  Musicmaker, your posts only hurt Monegal

My experience with  Monegal has  been pretty positive.  That being said, I would not choose the Fitbone.  My opinion  is solely based on the nail

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 03:09:24 PM »

He also recommends Dr Mitkovic... while 4 patients from Dr Mitkovic came here for having corrections by Dr Monegal and some others are requesting information for future procedures!

Were those patients cosmetic?

helloworld

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 03:19:50 PM »

We all know that Precise is better than Fitbone. Also, we should suspect that Dr Monegal actively "encourages" his patients to advertise for him in this forum. This doctor is probably good or at least average but this is clearly a business for him (as for all others), that's why he omits information about complications or downplays them.

About this being a business for him: I think Dr. Monegal is the one treating it least as a business.
Why would he do the procedure for free for patients that cannot afford it but need it?
From the money I paid for the procedure most went to Fitbone and a significant part to hospital.
Money he keeps is far less than other doctor doing cosmetic LL in the western world.

Why is he resistant to increasing his prices, even though I told him he has to do it, because by having a low price some people might actually think, that lower price means lower quality. Because he would not feel comfortable charging cosmetic patients and thus private patients much more than insurance patients, even though he knows he would make more money.

Something to think about.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

vegeta24

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 07:13:17 PM »

I find him sketchy due to the all the controversy surrounding him, I'm not talking about his skills as a doctor. I find it very odd how this user seems to have an obsession with warning everyone to stay away from him. Then you have music maker who defends him  religiously in an odd way every time he's brought up. Frankly I wouldn't trust either of these users opinion on this doctor, there's obviously something weird going on that we probably do not have the full story on. His nail also seems to have a lot of problems, so there is some legitimacy to this user's claims. There's too much controversy surrounding him for whatever reason. Also how he was apart of this forum and would get into it with other members is also something that struck me as odd, don't see any other LL doctors doing that.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 08:16:26 PM »

These dumb monegal + fitbone vs precise threads need to be stopped for once and for all. This forum is turning to a circus full of trolls...
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »

I doubt that Precise and Guichet nail are better than Fitbone, because my doctor, Dr. Monegal, told me that Fitbone is superior to Precise and far superior to Guichet nail. In fact, the doctor told me that he was incentivised by Precise do use their nail but chose not to, due to the nail inferiority.

Fkin communist propaganda is like a lullaby comparing to this crap

The Kaiser

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »

As Dr Monegal says, the perfect implant doesnt' exist. Each doctor must choose the nail which he deems the best among those available in the market by taking into account his own experience, the existent literature, and the company history records.

Dr Monegal uses Fitbone because the system allows not only lengthening but also bone transport in cases of massive loses of bone (Precise is trying to copy this at this moment). Moreover, the Wittenstein company's policy is smarter than Precise's. While Precise's approach is more of a commercial kind and allows undiscriminate surgeons to use its nails, Fitbone creates centers and educates its surgeons so that patients have the best possible results.

Why whats wrong with Penguinn's process?!!

Bander72

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 04:21:20 AM »

Why whats wrong with Penguinn's process?!!

She was talking about penguins precise breaking the first time but she omits that it was replaced right away. Also the precise representative of precise there to observe the surgery. I wonder why rozburch or paley would charge much more than mongeal yet use an inferior nail that cost more to produce. ::)

Penguinn

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 04:54:18 AM »

She was talking about penguins precise breaking the first time but she omits that it was replaced right away. Also the precise representative of precise there to observe the surgery. I wonder why rozburch or paley would charge much more than mongeal yet use an inferior nail that cost more to produce. ::)

My nail didn't break, it just didn't lengthen. It was replaced in the initial surgery itself, so personally I have no complaints about Precice. I was told that 3 in 1,000 Precice nails do fail.

Bander72

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 06:03:21 AM »

My nail didn't break, it just didn't lengthen. It was replaced in the initial surgery itself, so personally I have no complaints about Precice. I was told that 3 in 1,000 Precice nails do fail.

Sorry I was thinking of the paley patients whose nail broke. Yours was the nail not working as planed to lengthen.

notimportant

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 08:15:13 PM »

Yes something weird is going on here. You don't have the full story and you can't have because I can't post patients' medical proofs but you can't tell I haven't warned you. Crimsontide is right about Musicmaker. She doesn't tell the truth and Cooper got screwed because of her advice and advices of other Spanish people. Musicmaker should go to America doctors if she wants her problems fixed because this one hasn't fixed yet after 3 years. IF you want to be like her choose same doctor and nail. Precise has a better policy than Fitbone as you can see in Penguinn.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

antitroll

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 01:51:36 PM »

Yes something weird is going on here. You don't have the full story and you can't have because I can't post patients' medical proofs but you can't tell I haven't warned you. Crimsontide is right about Musicmaker. She doesn't tell the truth and Cooper got screwed because of her advice and advices of other Spanish people. Musicmaker should go to America doctors if she wants her problems fixed because this one hasn't fixed yet after 3 years. IF you want to be like her choose same doctor and nail. Precise has a better policy than Fitbone as you can see in Penguinn.

musicmaker this musicmaker that blah blah blah worst case blah blah blah....

why you got such a hard on for musicmaker?  RealTrump is right about you, it's been 3 years dude, i don't think she's interested
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up