Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have lengthened 8.8 Cm, Tibia LL, anyone has some info regarding the recovery?  (Read 8614 times)

doomsday

I will be using these legs for another 60 years. Taking risk of loosing a significant chunk of athleticism was out of option.

Espresso2132

I will be using these legs for another 60 years. Taking risk of loosing a significant chunk of athleticism was out of option.
Alright... Your legs your Life.

onemorefoot

It is easy to talk about the surgery if u haven't done it.... Generally... But Yeh I will give him a shout out....
No mate, dont get me wrong. I support you
Budget will determine my future.

onemorefoot

You did too much lengthening on tibias plus you did atl. I believe that your balance will be worsened a lot compared to pre LL and you will run very hard and for only small distances.
I hope I'm wrong but almost 9cm in tibias is too much and I'm curious why Catagni let you do ao much.

Anyway, you'll have the frames for about 1 year since surgery so be patient. Your further rehabilitation is something up to you and your body but it would have been much easier if you haven't lengthened more than 6-7 cm.
9 cm are really 3 inches.
Budget will determine my future.

crimsontide

9 cm is closer to 4 inches than 3 inches. Way too much. 7 cm is too much

fujitora

Hello everyone. I have done the tibia lengthening Oct 2016 with doctor Pili and Catagni in Milan (Italy). Been already 5 months into the process. Have lengthened 8.8 Cm (tibias), I also have done the lengthening of the Achilles tendon, about 3 weeks ago had the pins removed from the back of my feet. Now the situation seems steady, and I started walking (still with crutches).
Wanted to know if anyone had some thoughts they'd like to share regarding the recovery and the calificacion, in terms of time, also post removal of the full ilizarov cast.

Thank You.

Hi Buddy, Congratulations on breaking your legs!! Just kidding. I lengthen around 5 cm about an year ago (1 year and 3 days to be precise) and I got my external frames removed 20 days ago. I can now walk without crutches. I'm at 50% of the strength and 30% in terms of agility and swiftness. I was however walking without crutches since Janurary, which was 9 months post surgery. There are plenty of tibial lengthening diaries on this forum. You can read them to get a better perspective about recovery. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Espresso2132

Hi Buddy, Congratulations on breaking your legs!! Just kidding. I lengthen around 5 cm about an year ago (1 year and 3 days to be precise) and I got my external frames removed 20 days ago. I can now walk without crutches. I'm at 50% of the strength and 30% in terms of agility and swiftness. I was however walking without crutches since Janurary, which was 9 months post surgery. There are plenty of tibial lengthening diaries on this forum. You can read them to get a better perspective about recovery. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

well done, good to know. i have a question for you.. how come u have only lengthened 5 cm?

Zenithian

• Visitor

i havent done the surgery but i want to do it with pili
i wonder, how did you people who did lengthening sleep?
i have been trying to prepare by sleeping on my back but i wake up on my stomach every morning

Dreamer94

• Visitor

Conversation with the docs and they have told me that their goal is to have at least people lengthening 6-7 Cm on (average).

Pili and Catagni recommend people to lengthen Tibias by 6-7 cm's on average?

Interesting because they also always seem to perform atl surgery.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up