Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I did 8.0 cm LATN on tibias in 2016......AM(a)A : Ask Me (almost) Anything  (Read 21388 times)

limby101

hey
thanks for your sharing of your experience, its helpful.

about LATN vs LON:
you wrote ... "Discussed about benefits of LON( cheaper, 1 major surgery + 1 minor frame removal surgery, no corrections possible at all) vs LATN (more expensive, 2 major surgeries, correction can be done before nailing) Eventually I settled for LATN and the surgery was scheduled a week later.

From what ive read, I couldnt find an explanation for the LATN being superior (and hence why is it more expensive). Ive read (correct me if im wrong) that LON allows your consolidation time to be shorter. add this to making it a "1 major surgery" vs. 2 (LATN) , im trying to find the reason to choose LATN.
if its the corrections before nailing thing, well could u elaborate on that?  what and how the surgeon correct exactly? how often is correcting needed?  did u have any corrections before nailing?

Thanks!

limby101

and another thing, about the scars. do they bother you?
I suppose theyre not going away, but to what extent they will be fading out?

Sibirsky

hey
thanks for your sharing of your experience, its helpful.

about LATN vs LON:
you wrote ... "Discussed about benefits of LON( cheaper, 1 major surgery + 1 minor frame removal surgery, no corrections possible at all) vs LATN (more expensive, 2 major surgeries, correction can be done before nailing) Eventually I settled for LATN and the surgery was scheduled a week later.

From what ive read, I couldnt find an explanation for the LATN being superior (and hence why is it more expensive). Ive read (correct me if im wrong) that LON allows your consolidation time to be shorter. add this to making it a "1 major surgery" vs. 2 (LATN) , im trying to find the reason to choose LATN.
if its the corrections before nailing thing, well could u elaborate on that?  what and how the surgeon correct exactly? how often is correcting needed?  did u have any corrections before nailing?

Thanks!

Hi man I think Doctor Donghoon Lee makes a very good comparison between LATN and LON. You can read his comparison here: http://www.drdonghoon.com/index.php/archives/2414

I chose LATN because I could tell from the consultation my surgeon preferred LATN (maybe because it's more common in Russia) and because of the deformity correction thing.

So a corrections are done based on measuring struts on the hexapods and making a comparison with the patients x-ray or CT scan. The scans reveal inequality between both sides, if any, and the struts are then adjusted by either tightening or widening the struts to bring about change in the kind shape. Correction takes about 2-3 weeks and in my case the doctor did daily adjustments to the struts to get the best correction

It's very confusing to understand this but here's a video by Dr Parihar about this: https://youtu.be/om8da13dLnU. You don't have to watch his full lecture just maybe the first 5 minutes to get the picture

So why may correction be needed? Well when you are lengthening, you may inadvertently lengthen 1 side more than the other, which makes 1 limb longer than the other. Further still, you might lengthen 1 strut on the exfix more than the others and this could cause it to angulate and not be straight. Doing correction after lengthening counters these inaccuracies which is why it's very beneficial.

So why can't we do it in LON? It's because the nail inhibits completely free movement of the bone and hexapod which is why you may want to install the nail after lengthening (as in LATN) instead of before

Hope this helps!
176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller

Sibirsky

and another thing, about the scars. do they bother you?
I suppose theyre not going away, but to what extent they will be fading out?

They don't bother me too much cause I don't wear shorts outside the house too often. Yeah they are fading out gradually, but they are becoming more even in terms of contour quite quickly. I wear moisturiser daily.
176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller

Mikayyy

• Visitor

Thanks for your reply man. So for me to fully understand, you were using a walker for the first month right after the nailing?? I read that it takes about a week to 10 days to use crutches. did if have anything to do with your ballerina or complications?? I'm heavily leaning towards latn.

Sibirskiy

Re: I did 8.0 cm LATN on tibias in 2016......AM(a)A : Ask Me (almost) Anything
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2017, 08:17:02 PM »

176 cm before
184 cm after
Diary (LATN Dec 2016-March 2017, 8.0cm) :  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4403.0
Post CLL thoughts (Audio logs): http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4859.0

runaway

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »

你好,我27岁,164CM。我想做断骨增高。想咨询以下一些问题,麻烦你帮帮我。另外,我164CM想长到175CM就可以了。虽然不能保证,但是我有点担心你们的钉锤打下去,会不会把骨头打成裂纹,然后骨头就竖着的方向裂开,我很害怕。听说还有骨头连不起来的问题,很担心。我27岁了,你觉得还有可能长高的空间吗?
1、手术是在哪个国家或者城市做靠谱?
2、手术费用是多少呢?包括后期调理的补品一共需要多少钱?
3、真的有残疾或者死亡的风险吗?我担心的是骨头连不上的问题等,想咨询一下您,希望你能帮帮我。谢谢你!

myloginacct

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2017, 07:39:49 PM »

Hey man, no questions - I just hope you have been doing better with the depression you mentioned in another thread.

normythebear

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2017, 05:37:50 AM »

From what ive read, I couldnt find an explanation for the LATN being superior (and hence why is it more expensive).

I don't think it is more expensive because it is considered "superior". It is more expensive because it requires the patient to undergo general anesthesia and requires an entire surgical team twice prior to consolidation as opposed to LON requiring it only once. I'm currently undergoing LON because it seems to be favored in this part of the world, and I prefer to go with whichever the doctor has the most experience.

Astronomy

你好,我27岁,164CM。我想做断骨增高。想咨询以下一些问题,麻烦你帮帮我。另外,我164CM想长到175CM就可以了。虽然不能保证,但是我有点担心你们的钉锤打下去,会不会把骨头打成裂纹,然后骨头就竖着的方向裂开,我很害怕。听说还有骨头连不起来的问题,很担心。我27岁了,你觉得还有可能长高的空间吗?
1、手术是在哪个国家或者城市做靠谱?
2、手术费用是多少呢?包括后期调理的补品一共需要多少钱?
3、真的有残疾或者死亡的风险吗?我担心的是骨头连不上的问题等,想咨询一下您,希望你能帮帮我。谢谢你!
哈哈怎么可能啊,你的骨头没你想象得那么脆弱,不过这是髓内针一代,二代就不是这样打下去植入的了。骨不连是有可能但是好的医生会很好地避免骨不连。还有27岁不可能长了,这哪怕是70 80年代都不能。175完全可以,就是必须大小腿,光小腿或者大腿是找死。
小腿我建议外架,这样的话越南老挝就不错,去欧美国家更好但是太贵了。大腿我建议内置,我建议你去欧美国家,穷的也要坚持去印度(这是最差的选择),千万别去做外架大腿,不然会苦一辈子的!
小腿你要准备14 15w,大腿你要准备50w+了,加上后期补品也差不多这个钱,这个手术主要是手术费和住院费费钱。
残疾除非你不听医生建议,多做了,是会残疾,那也怪不得医生的。死亡是扯淡,我是没见过有人做过这个死了。

Big Decision

Hi Sibirsky,

It's been a while,  I hope I can hear from you,

A bit about me,   I have done my LATN surgery on my tibia,  I'm now
One week post up nailing.

This week has been the hardest,  I couldn't walk during lengthening at all duo to knee contractions,.

Now, one week post up nailing,  my feet are totally numb,  I don't feel my right foot at all,  it's like piece of meat hanging from my knee,  it makes me really worry.

Another thing is edema,  my feet are still super swollen.

And finally my knee contractions are really bad.

In results of all this I'm falling into really bad depression..

Can you please let me know how did it go for you?  How long did it take for you to get life back to your feet?

By the way,  did u get Russian nail?

Astronomy

Now,two years.
Do you feel having recovered fully?What about your kinetism?

Sibirskiy

Re: I did 8.0 cm LATN on tibias in 2016: 4 year Long-Term Update
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2020, 05:07:45 AM »

Hello everyone. Its been a while. I'll be posting a major update on my progress soon. Its been 4 years and I'm sure many of you are keen to know the long term effects of LL. Although I can't give any definitive conclusions to this question, I can at least speak from my experience. Please post any questions you may have here and I will answer them. I will NOT be answering basic questions i.e. how long did you lengthen? Where did you lengthen etc, unfortunately. Such answers can be found in this diary, so no point in repeating them.

https://imgur.com/a/SL8yWro

Audio logs: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4859.0

I look forward to your questions,

Sincerely, Sibirskiy
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:53:53 AM by Sibirskiy »
176 cm before
184 cm after
Diary (LATN Dec 2016-March 2017, 8.0cm) :  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4403.0
Post CLL thoughts (Audio logs): http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4859.0

infinity&beyond

Holy   that photo is of your legs right now? Those scars are horrendous

Sibirskiy

Haha camera contrast might have been high. But yea scarring is worsenthan the average patient. They dont bother me much thoug, rarely someone notices to which I reply, " Accident", and we leave it at that
176 cm before
184 cm after

Movie

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2020, 07:07:17 AM »

Hey bro would love to see your running videos at almost 4 years post op. Please share , thank you
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Body Builder

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2020, 01:03:55 PM »

Hi dude.
From your experience, how much athletic loss do you think you lost? 4 years is a respectable time to have a full consolidation so I would like to know what is your condition now.

We lengthened about the same (I did 7,5 cm) and if haven't done 2 surgeries on my achilles tendons (a lengthening that was a very bad decision of my then doctor and a correction with a very good doctor that almost gave me back my full strength) I think I could have reached something close to 90% while now I am about 80-82%.
What do you think about your condition?

Also, about the scars, you can do a cosmetic surgery to make them less visible, but I never cared about all these things. After all, scars are sexy on men..hahaha.

Be strong!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up