Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening 6m at a rate of .66mm per day in external tibia?  (Read 1419 times)

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
Lengthening 6m at a rate of .66mm per day in external tibia?
« on: April 12, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »

Is it feasible? I heard .66mm is the reccomended rate to avoide soft tissue injury but I am worried about premature consolidation. Im getting 2 surgeries one in tibia and another internally so I really kinda want to avoid damaging mt tibia first time.
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

The Kaiser

Re: Lengthening 6m at a rate of .66mm per day in external tibia?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »

Is it feasible? I heard .66mm is the reccomended rate to avoide soft tissue injury but I am worried about premature consolidation. Im getting 2 surgeries one in tibia and another internally so I really kinda want to avoid damaging mt tibia first time.
0.66 mm in Tibia is what experts recommend, there is no worry about premature consolidation, because tibia have a weaker bone than femur, but everything's possible in this surgery, expect the unexpected. good luck.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »

Thanks! My biggest concern is non union.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 04:49:12 PM »

This is something no one can expect but a professional doctor may treat it with bone stimulation, if it didn't work then there's no choice but grafting. Good luck

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 05:03:53 PM »

I believe the rate of 0.66MM daily to be the upper 'safe' limit of which someone should lengthen but for some reason 1MM has become very common - I believe this comes from people wanting to finish lengthening much sooner with little regard to soft tissue damage, most of those who lengthen at ridiculous rates do so because they are lengthening ridiculous amounts so it's a double whammy. Though, I would advise you bring your goal down to a maximum 5CM of tibial lengthening as anecdotally, most people seem to handle lengthening up to 5CM relatively complication free but beyond seems to cause issues.

You are much less likely to suffer non-union if you are young, don't smoke, ensure good blood flow through exercise and are conservative with the amount and rate lengthened.

vegeta24

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you planning to add 12 cm on your tibias in two separate surgeries?

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 02:51:32 AM »

No 6cm in tibia and 6cm in femur. I have no choice but to lengthen this much becaude im so damm short :/.

taieruya

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »

No 6cm in tibia and 6cm in femur. I have no choice but to lengthen this much becaude im so damm short :/.

I'm planning on doing something in between 5cm and 5.5cm. I'm kind of worried that the extra 5mm will be too much but I'm not sure.
I don't think 1cm would make too much of a difference for you. So why no try 5cm tibia, 6cm femur?
Hoping to do LL in 2019 or 2020.

The Kaiser

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »

I'm planning on doing something in between 5cm and 5.5cm. I'm kind of worried that the extra 5mm will be too much but I'm not sure.
I don't think 1cm would make too much of a difference for you. So why no try 5cm tibia, 6cm femur?

Not the extra 5 mm will be too much, attempting this surgery itself is too much to your natural body.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »

Some people here believe that with 5cm everything will be fine and they'll get back completely normal and after that threshold they are gonna face huge problems.

There is no threshold, this is bs.
For someone lengthening 6 cm would be far easier than 4 cm for someone else.
And yes, LL is too much on its own, 5mm won't make any real difference.

Only the ones who do this surgery know how difficult it is and you must listen to your body and know when to stop lengthening.
Everyone's limits are completely different and the 5cm limit doesn't mean anything. 5cm may be too much for a 1.60cm person while too easy for a 1.75cm one.
So don't stick to these stupid thresholds.
Noone know his limits before doing LL.

midnightninja

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »

I would honestly recommend doing a max of 4cm on your tibia. if you really want 6 then you should look into femur lengthening. 

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »

Avoid putting a nail on your tibia because of the risk of permanent knee pain! know that if you do external tibia as the tibia takes longer to heal you will be in the frames for 6 months at least.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

guichethope

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 07:17:27 AM »

doesn't exist with paley and co ( knee pain )
Pages: [1]   Go Up