Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When you walk around, how often do you compare your height to other guys height?

<25% of the time
- 1 (4.3%)
25-50% of the time
- 2 (8.7%)
50-75% of the time
- 6 (26.1%)
75-100% of the time
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When you walk around, how often do you compare your height to other guys height?  (Read 1954 times)

MoveUp

Height neurosis can eat you alive. I'm starting to believe that the only way I will never think about height again is if I'm 6'1"+. I can imagine my mind saying, "I'm 6 foot but 1/4 of guys are at least 6 foot so I won't stand out to girls" or something like that. In reality, I'd still give everything I have to be a magic solid 5' 10", but I know that won't stop the monologue in my head, although it should for a rational thinker.

Sometimes I walk down the streets or go into clubs and all I do is size myself up to other dudes and check the heights of the guy if I see a couple or flirting going on.

You guys in your heads with this stuff all the time too or am I just a looney?

I'm starting to think that control over your mind is more important than anything in the end.

What I do sometimes to get out of my head when this happens is a specific self talk ritual:

"Am I my body or is my body a vehicle for achieving what my mind desires? Can I make this work with my current body? I think so, let's do this!"
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

DreamOf180cm

I'm 171.5cm / 5"7.5 and I do this everyday everywhere I go. I compare heights 24/7, 365 days a year. How tall are you btw?
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

MoveUp

I'm 171.5cm / 5"7.5 and I do this everyday everywhere I go. I compare heights 24/7, 365 days a year. How tall are you btw?

I'm a solId 5'8" weak 5'9"
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

TIBIKE200

was doing it 100% of the time and feeling awful.

Now, I don't do it anymore and I feel much better. If a year ago walking down the street was a torture, now it's like it was before I got this neurosis.

You have every right to feel short... But you shouldn't suffer for knowing that. Accept it and know that you can either be at peace with it, wear insoles or do LL. But keeping yourself in the state to grasp how short you are compared to the rest will only hinder your advancements in the stages of grief (which is what height neurosis is part of); The hit (you got a negative event that was related to your height that an even be a simple "you are short"), denial (which is basically the height neurosis in which you constantly compare your height in order to see how short you really are and suffer for getting conformation from your consistence comparing which goes against your will to not accept that you are short), realization (you get it that you are short and now feel like crap but calmer than before), acceptance (you might feel down for being short but you are no longer depressed) moving on (now in a calmed state which is "pre-hit" you just move on).

most guys here are young and get blocked in a long denial period which puts them in a limbo

Most guys who do LL responsibly are well beyond the height neurosis
I learned some stuff during this time

MoveUp

Now, I don't do it anymore and I feel much better. If a year ago walking down the street was a torture, now it's like it was before I got this neurosis.

You have every right to feel short... But you shouldn't suffer for knowing that. Accept it and know that you can either be at peace with it, wear insoles or do LL. But keeping yourself in the state to grasp how short you are compared to the rest will only hinder your advancements in the stages of grief (which is what height neurosis is part of); The hit (you got a negative event that was related to your height that an even be a simple "you are short"), denial (which is basically the height neurosis in which you constantly compare your height in order to see how short you really are and suffer for getting conformation from your consistence comparing which goes against your will to not accept that you are short), realization (you get it that you are short and now feel like crap but calmer than before), acceptance (you might feel down for being short but you are no longer depressed) moving on (now in a calmed state which is "pre-hit" you just move on).

most guys here are young and get blocked in a long denial period which puts them in a limbo

Well said and pretty spot on.  My issue is that I've gotten to the acceptance point and done a partial circle back

google42

Height neurosis can eat you alive. I'm starting to believe that the only way I will never think about height again is if I'm 6'1"+. I can imagine my mind saying, "I'm 6 foot but 1/4 of guys are at least 6 foot so I won't stand out to girls" or something like that. In reality, I'd still give everything I have to be a magic solid 5' 10", but I know that won't stop the monologue in my head, although it should for a rational thinker.

Sometimes I walk down the streets or go into clubs and all I do is size myself up to other dudes and check the heights of the guy if I see a couple or flirting going on.

You guys in your heads with this stuff all the time too or am I just a looney?

I'm starting to think that control over your mind is more important than anything in the end.

What I do sometimes to get out of my head when this happens is a specific self talk ritual:

"Am I my body or is my body a vehicle for achieving what my mind desires? Can I make this work with my current body? I think so, let's do this!"

Yea I know exactly how your feeling. I've done everything you say you do. Measuring my height almost everyday, comparing my height to others, not feeling good enough, and lots of other things. I also started thinking that I need to be atleast 6 feet to feel happy with my self and be normal because of all things I've heard like "women only want men over 6 feet" or "if your below 6 feet your not a true man" and lots of other exaggerated stuff.

I've always felt short, especially at the beggining of high school, I think I was a bit below 5 feet when I entered high school idk for sure though but I was really short. I just wanted to feel normal and fit in. I was worried that I wasn't going to grow and I told myself that if I could just be my dads height atleast (5'4") then I would be satisfied. I ended up being 5'6" near the end of high school and I feel almost normal but I still feel short.

I started hearing about how tall guys where better and short guys would always have it hard I life and were doomed. So I obessed over my height and felt really depressed about it. I found out about leg lengthening but I thought I was way too extreme. Now I'm here on this forum learning about people's experiences and I completely understand why short guys and even a few taller ones would want to do this. It's an extreme procedure and has drawbacks but it has provided benifits to quite few people on this forum.

So You're not alone in obesessing over height. A lot of us at this forum have had the same thoughts that you've had. After all that's why we're here.

I also agree that we have to learn to control our minds. There will always be someone taller
Than you but that doesn't mean that they are better. It took me a while to realize this, but height isn't everything. There are a lot of other things that matter too besides height.

It's probably going to take you a while to get out of this height obsession phase. If you are really short like below 5'3" then it's going to be very difficult. Try to spend less time on the internet and on sites that make you feel worse.

I personally do feel better now but I still Think about my height often. I doubt I'll ever get leg lengthening but it's good to know that I still have this option if I really want it. I think I'd be satisfied with being 5'9".

Sorry for the long post, just letting out my thoughts.

IwannaBeTaller

It looks like you successfully moved on and found peace with your situation - walking out side is no longer painful for you. Will you still do LL?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Nah ur not a looney i do the same thing and constantly compare myself. I've never saw a guy my height only two and the girls here are super tall but im 5'2.5 and ur 5'8 which makes me feel crapty that im gonna need 2 LL segments to be this height that ur so insecure about. That's why im thinking of quitting the internet completely it does nothing but make me feel like crap all the time. I did a experiment and bought 4 inch lifts that should put me up to about 5'7 and i felt okay still towered over but comfortable. Could be because I'm naturally 5'2.5 and more grateful though because if I was naturally 5'7 i'd probably still do LL to be 5'10-5'11. 

taieruya

Nah ur not a looney i do the same thing and constantly compare myself. I've never saw a guy my height only two and the girls here are super tall but im 5'2.5 and ur 5'8 which makes me feel crapty that im gonna need 2 LL segments to be this height that ur so insecure about. That's why im thinking of quitting the internet completely it does nothing but make me feel like crap all the time. I did a experiment and bought 4 inch lifts that should put me up to about 5'7 and i felt okay still towered over but comfortable. Could be because I'm naturally 5'2.5 and more grateful though because if I was naturally 5'7 i'd probably still do LL to be 5'10-5'11.

I would definitely say go for limb lengthening if you think it's going to add to the quality of your life. I'm currently 5'7 and my height bothers the living   out of me, but that only comes from myself. Nobody has ever treated me any differently, and rarely has anyone ever said I was short. At your height you could easily limb lengthen to improve your life. I think once you finish limb lengthening you will never worry about height again.
Hoping to do LL in 2019 or 2020.

I would definitely say go for limb lengthening if you think it's going to add to the quality of your life. I'm currently 5'7 and my height bothers the living crap out of me, but that only comes from myself. Nobody has ever treated me any differently, and rarely has anyone ever said I was short. At your height you could easily limb lengthen to improve your life. I think once you finish limb lengthening you will never worry about height again.

yeah I know im definitely not in the stage of should i or should i not do LL I'm 100% gonna go for it but i appreciate that comment. At least u know ur height neurosis comes from urself thats a big step in self improvement i totally admire that of u because some people of ur height actually see that height as a disadvantage 5'7 isn't aesthetic for a male but it isn't enough to make ur life worser than it is. Even me at 5'2.5 i feel like a outcast because i have a 4'11 friend that is completely happy with his life but still i know what i want. After LL neurosis will go away im sure. definitely looking forward to being 5'7ish
Pages: [1]   Go Up