Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap internals for femur  (Read 3723 times)

Bry

Cheap internals for femur
« on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:39 PM »

I was planning on doing 7cm lengthening, seems like for proportion and for this amount internals would be ideal, however I got a low budget, 5k to 15k dollars.

Is there any doctors that do internals for that price?

vegeta24

Re: Cheap internals for femur
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 06:03:31 PM »

I think Dr Mitkovic in Serbia does internals for pretty cheap compared to other doctors, I think around $20,000, don't quote me on that though.

jimpoFr

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »

I am in the same situation as you, i live in France and i am looking for internal femur with fast weight bearing for the cheapest price ...

Overdozer

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:12:58 AM »

20-30k$ is the cost of internal self-lengthening nails alone. At least they are sold for that price, the production cost is probably 1$
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:42:38 AM by Overdozer »
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

jimpoFr

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 07:18:35 PM »

I have just got the answer from Mitkovic and he asks 30900Euros for internal femur lengthening , with precice 2.

DO you guys know nails other than the guichet nail which allows full weight bearing ?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »

The Betz nail and I think a recent version of ISKD is also full weight bearing.

Precise and Fitbone are only partial weight bearing.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Bander72

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »

I have just got the answer from Mitkovic and he asks 30900Euros for internal femur lengthening , with precice 2.

DO you guys know nails other than the guichet nail which allows full weight bearing ?

Really 31k that is a very good price if it is for precise 2.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

biggerdreams

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 02:56:10 AM »

I thought I read that he doesn't have a lot of experience with Precise. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Chris

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »

The price for two of Dr. Mitkovic's own patented internal nails will be as low as 16.000 EUR - including surgery.
Putting the nail at the side of the bone is even less invasive than traditional internal nails.
If this holds true, he will be offering both, the superior and the cheapest internal solution worldwide.
I'm getting goosebumps from writing this :D

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

doomsday

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 11:48:29 PM »

The price for two of Dr. Mitkovic's own patented internal nails will be as low as 16.000 EUR - including surgery.
Putting the nail at the side of the bone is even less invasive than traditional internal nails.
If this holds true, he will be offering both, the superior and the cheapest internal solution worldwide.

Youre wrong. If side internal femur nails were superior most surgeons would actually use it. There is a reason why million of dollars are being into full internal nails. Also you're overestimating Dr Mitovic. His externals are inferior to any Ilizarov frame(valgus issue), also there is an actually patient on this forum who did 6 cm on tibias and then his  tibia axis was messed up. He had gone to Spain to fix it. He never reviled who his doctor was but only Mitovic uses his device.  I know they messed you up in India so be very careful when you choose your next doctor.

google42

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 12:32:51 AM »

Putting the nail on the side would pretty much be like monorails would it not? If putting the nail on the side is better, then the people who made precise and other internal nails would have probably thought about this and not made their nails fully internal.

Chris

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 01:02:58 AM »

The screws/pins are much closer to the bone. So this is different from a monorail and if you don't go over 4cm (don't quote me on this!) this shouldn't be a concern.
Also, I've been hearing only good things about Dr. Mitkovic and how he even fixes messed up people like me.
Does anyone happen to know that name of said user? Would like to read the diary.
And aren't nails on the side Mitkovic's invention and doesn't he have a decade old patent for this? I can imagine it to be hard for companies to make money from other peoples patents.
About 10 years ago, the first generation of Mitkovic's nails had malfunctions like all the other expensive nails too.
Now they will be back, so lets just lean back and see what happens.

I'm a real LL-patient.

doomsday

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 02:27:05 AM »

What's  difference does it make whether he has a patent or not? If his device is inferior then it is inferior, end of the story. Also I dont know where did yo get information about his internal because i messaged him some time ago and he insisted on precise. His internal has been in making for over a decade so I'm very sceptical.
Dude if you want reliable information about a nail just read medical journals
https://www.sicot-j.org/articles/sicotj/pdf/2017/01/sicotj160103.pdf

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 02:41:28 AM »

If his precise really is 31k then I think I can save up for it. :D

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 04:18:23 AM »

If his precise really is 31k then I think I can save up for it. :D
The question is why is so Cheap? It is a great new, And I can save that money too.
Budget will determine my future.

Bander72

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 05:43:16 AM »

Factors could be his living cost being less and him not having done to many cases with precise. This makes me think though how doctors do charge more for precise than needed.

Chris

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 12:25:02 PM »

What's  difference does it make whether he has a patent or not? If his device is inferior then it is inferior, end of the story. Also I dont know where did yo get information about his internal because i messaged him some time ago and he insisted on precise. His internal has been in making for over a decade so I'm very sceptical.
Dude if you want reliable information about a nail just read medical journals
https://www.sicot-j.org/articles/sicotj/pdf/2017/01/sicotj160103.pdf

Your link only compares in-bone internals. On-bone is not even mentioned.
There are also journals showing great results with his on-bone technique.
Also, I didn't say it was a difference because of a patent, I said other companies probably don't invest in on-bone nails because Mitkovic has the patent.
I know more than you might think and it's certainly not the end of the story, dude.

And don't come up with this "they messed you up in India" bullcrap again, it sounds like you're thinking that I was stupid or are not entitled to have any opinion because of it.
That's a good example of the downsides of contributing to this "community", too many people (who even never did LL)  love to keep attacking you with your own content.

All devices - external and internal - are made for lengthening one leg at a time and mostly intended for amounts of up to 4cm that are needed for medical reasons.
If most of you wouldn't be >180cm tall and heavy giants who wanted to lengthen ridiculous amounts on both legs simultaneously, weight-bearing and alignment wouldn't even be an issue!
If you are short and light, what the real LL patients are supposed to be, other devices than your Apple-priced hipster nails can be superior.

Now we are at the end of the story.
And yes, I'm having a bad day.

I'm a real LL-patient.

Bander72

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »

blank

doomsday

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 01:48:38 PM »

Also, I didn't say it was a difference because of a patent, I said other companies probably don't invest in on-bone nails because Mitkovic has the patent.
I know more than you might think and it's certainly not the end of the story, dude.

And don't come up with this "they messed you up in India" bullcrap again, it sounds like you're thinking that I was stupid or are not entitled to have any opinion because of it.
That's a good example of the downsides of contributing to this "community", too many people (who even never did LL)  love to keep attacking you with your own content.

All devices - external and internal - are made for lengthening one leg at a time and mostly intended for amounts of up to 4cm that are needed for medical reasons.
If most of you wouldn't be >180cm tall and heavy giants who wanted to lengthen ridiculous amounts on both legs simultaneously, weight-bearing and alignment wouldn't even be an issue!
If you are short and light, what the real LL patients are supposed to be, other devices than your Apple-priced hipster nails can be superior.

Dude, if on bone nails were better then all the surges would use on bone nails and that article would be about on bone nail not in bone nails. Motivic's patent does not change anything. They would go quickly around it they needed to. Western countries got such much money that if they wanted to to use on bone nail they would do it and trust me, Motivic patent would be irrelevant.
Regarding India I'm just stating a fact and that's all.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »

I also think you should be more cynical after what happened to you. Be very careful and don't be so positive. Put everything in doubt when dealing with LL doctors.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient
Pages: [1]   Go Up