Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New generations are taller, it's science (and Italians overcome Americans!)  (Read 11447 times)

drtruman

http://www.lastampa.it/2016/07/27/societa/abbiamo-superato-gli-americani-ma-soltanto-in-altezza-ZFTFUVSSB46dNOYO65WUzI/amphtml/pagina.amp.html

It's Italian but you can use Google translator anyway in simple terms young Italians are 177.8 and young Americans are 177.2 on average (I guess different ethnic groups have different averages with Latinos lowering the average). Researches are FROM Imperial College of London.
So this confirmed my idea of new generations being definitely taller of the standard 175 cm which was said to be the average for Italians.
If you consider that in northern Italy people are taller than southern Italy, I think that those 177.8 cm in northern Italy (where I live) could reach the 180 cm. Also here there are a lot of Chinese and Indian or Middle eastern teens who could have lowered the average of the real Italian teens. This would confirm why girls nowadays treat you as "shorty" if you are less than 180 cm. Because you are shorter than average (and they tend to look for the guys at least slightly Above average so I guess that to be sure that height won't be a problem with any girls you have to be at least 182 cm, 6 feet). 183 cm is the new 180 cm (the standard "good height") and 180 cm is the new 177 cm (the average height), we should deal with this.
So in conclusion, if you are 177 or 176.5 (depending on the measure)  like me, you Are not short, but shorty. Here.

I wish I was 180 cm I would not ask anything more. 182 would be the best. I feel my legs are shorter than how they should be. My chest is broad and muscular with large shoulders and my legs are short and very muscular. This makes them look even shorter. I think I'm a perfect candidate for LL. Could you give me some advice on the type of LL to do and maybe where? Here in Italy would be the best. Otherwise in Europe.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

You first came to the site claiming that 183 cm was the average and called yourself short at 177.5 cm, but according to your own study you're perfectly average height over there.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

taieruya

Height growth has been pretty significant in the past 150 years, but I think it's starting to taper off as nutrition is kind of "maxing" out. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though, because I don't want to get limb lengthening and then still be short 30 years down the road.   :'(
Hoping to do LL in 2019 or 2020.

IwannaBeTaller

Mean height has started to stagnate in the Netherlands, Denmark, the US and other countries. The demographic of African-American women in the US has experienced a reduction of average height.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1862.msg29608#msg29608
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TIBIKE200

1) You are average height in Italy according to this research (Which exluded minorities) so stop trying to convince yourself you are short.

2) Stop to try to bring the other users here down by saying everyone are tall and that the new 180 (whatever that means) is 183.

3) I am a 171cm immigrant in Italy who had no problems with the height obssesed Italian girls.

4) You are probably incredibly ugly orr have an awful body shape (narrow shoulders, small bones or just fat) and that would explain how come that at your age you didn't have any GF

I have no more patience for incels. Get a psicologist or better surgeries to fix you face
I learned some stuff during this time

crimsontide

Italy has about 60 million people and declining

America has around 330 million  and increasing

Much easier to be 175 in Italy than  America as the total number of tall and super tall people is far greater in America.

Also, I don't consider those numbers very accurate and Italy is still very very homogenous compared to America.

Average height of  young caucasian males in America is significantly greater than the  overall avg

You are too obsessed about  height. If you were 165 I could understand but you're supposedly 177. Focus on  more important issues

TIBIKE200

Much easier to be 175 in Italy than  America as the total number of tall and super tall people is far greater in America.

Also, I don't consider those numbers very accurate and Italy is still very very homogenous compared to America.

Average height of  young caucasian males in America is significantly greater than the  overall avg

You are too obsessed about  height. If you were 165 I could understand but you're supposedly 177. Focus on  more important issues

So you agree with the average height is 6' for white teens in the USA?

Jack1066

British youth are probably taller because America has worse social programs and the average for British white kids (fully grown) might be closer to 6' than it is to my height (5'8) but it is no way 6'.

Maybe 5'11 max.

Anyway average height is supposed to be in decline in America.

Plus.. what you just said makes no sense. Average height in America and Italy is very similar for young white people (within a range of like 1.5 cm as far as I remember).

Given the way averages are calculated, it wouldn't make sense that there are much less super tall people in Italy.

IwannaBeTaller

That isn't really logical. Whether a population has more tall people in numbers is irrelevant, what is relevant is only the ratio of heights. You're not gonna see 330 million people in your life, ever. You're never gonna see 60 million people as a typical Italian. You're gonna see the people at your work, at your school, at the street when you go outside, at the subway station, in a club, and so on. That's a couple of dozends people on a lonely day and a couple of hundreds on a very busy day, both in America and Italy. In a population with relatively more short people, you're gonna feel better and vice versa. The total number is irrelevant.

TheLichKing

Yep and your perfectly average height as you just proved it in your post. If you want to be above average, then that's another story but I'd prefer fixing the other below-avg things first before moving on to improving the perfectly average things that as of now matter less. Could be your body shape (for that go to the gym) or improve personality.

Besides my 169 cm height, my skinny body figure and narrow shoulders are also things holding me back, not height alone.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

google42

Makes me feel kinda sad how some average and tall people worry about height too.

crimsontide

Avg height is not declining for caucasian males.  America has a large number of Mexicans and central american men that are BELOW 165 cm

Avg  height for an under 25 caucasian male in America is  around 180. over 5'10. UK  avg is shorter

to the other  person that said only ratios matter, no, you are wrong.  Absolute numbers matter because   people   in general and tall people  specifically  are not distributed evenly throughout  the country

if you want to live in a major city such as los angeles or new york you will be competing against the elite not the avg.  Total numbers matter in this context

Since America has a much larger number of super tall people and because they are concentrated in major cities you will feel  much less avg living in a major American city.

Easier to be 176 in London than it is to be 176 in New York, and actually it's  partly due to the subsidies provided by the UK govt

NYC is   basically for only the wealthy now, not the poor or middle class. London  on the other hand is  for the wealthy,  and definitely not for the middle class, but the poor  can live in London as housing assistance is much more generous there

TBIKE, around 180, maybe a tad less. This would be the median for  caucasian males across the nation, though I suspect  higher in  upper class areas such as Manhattan or Silicon Valley

British youth are probably taller because America has worse social programs and the average for British white kids (fully grown) might be closer to 6' than it is to my height (5'8) but it is no way 6'.

Maybe 5'11 max.

Anyway average height is supposed to be in decline in America.

Plus.. what you just said makes no sense. Average height in America and Italy is very similar for young white people (within a range of like 1.5 cm as far as I remember).

Given the way averages are calculated, it wouldn't make sense that there are much less super tall people in Italy.

Bander72

Avg height is not declining for caucasian males.  America has a large number of Mexicans and central american men that are BELOW 165 cm

Avg  height for an under 25 caucasian male in America is  around 180. over 5'10. UK  avg is shorter

to the other  person that said only ratios matter, no, you are wrong.  Absolute numbers matter because   people   in general and tall people  specifically  are not distributed evenly throughout  the country

if you want to live in a major city such as los angeles or new york you will be competing against the elite not the avg.  Total numbers matter in this context

Since America has a much larger number of super tall people and because they are concentrated in major cities you will feel  much less avg living in a major American city.

Easier to be 176 in London than it is to be 176 in New York, and actually it's  partly due to the subsidies provided by the UK govt

NYC is   basically for only the wealthy now, not the poor or middle class. London  on the other hand is  for the wealthy,  and definitely not for the middle class, but the poor  can live in London as housing assistance is much more generous there

TBIKE, around 180, maybe a tad less. This would be the median for  caucasian males across the nation, though I suspect  higher in  upper class areas such as Manhattan or Silicon Valley

I live in the bay area and a major city san francisco. I don't notice Caucasians being that much taller they seem about 5 10. I would imagine in the Midwest that despite being less populated you would feel shorter because there is less minoritys. And op you showed how irrational you are when your own data shows that you're not short. If you were the 5 5 equivalent I would understand but you sound like that and your average height.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:26:35 AM by bander72 »
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

Average height for Caucasians in the US is not 180.

This just isn't true. Absolute numbers affect the ratio, a population with 50 million people and 20 million tall people will raise the average height, but obviously America with 300 million people will have more tall guys than Italy with 60 million people, but this is irrelevant.

And no, you won't be "competing against the elite" in a large city. This is bull . LA in particular has a very diverse population with a lot of Latins and Asians, and several people here have confirmed that living in LA as a short guy is much easier than living in the rural Mid West.

Jack1066

Sigh, not this again.

Average height has not changed in America in the past 2 generations- not if you account for the fact that people generally lose a little height with age. Some studies even say it is now decreasing.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr010.pdf#page=15

press crtl+f and search for 178.9 on this link. The sample size is small, but big enough to give a fairly solid estimate.

Quite a few other studies back that up too. From what I remember, average height is actually declining in the USA now for some groups, and stagnating for almost everyone. Maybe that's because of wealth inequality, and the rich are getting taller and the poor are getting shorter, but I think it's more likely that height has almost been maxed out. This one gives the highest estimate for young white men I know of.

In the UK it is still increasing but very slowly. If I look around I'd say 175-182 cm is average, but that's just by eye- according to the statistics though, that should be about right.

It depends on where you are, too. I live in south Wales which is renowned for having short (white, British) men. I am 173 and even I am often one of the taller people in the room when I go out here- if I'm with local people- even with the young local people I'm solidly average. But with (wealthy) students from other parts of Britain, I am short. Their average is closer to 180 cm, but I think 183 cm still looks pretty tall, and I couldn't call that average- I have a few friends that height and they are noticeably tall.

Plus average height for white Italians was 175 in about 1970-80, but since the 90s it has increased. You can see that if you look on wikipedia. I imagine seeing as Italy is quite a wealthy nation it will probably not increase much more. 

Jack1066

Lol, just realised I have commented twice on this thread.

Body Builder

This generation is maybe 1-2cm (at best) more than the previous one but I am almost sure that height will not increase more in next generations.
Many countries face economical crisis (including Italy) and the strong majority of people in the world won't live wealthier than now, so future kids will be at max as tall as the current generation.

So no, 6.3 will never be the average height for men and everything above 5.10 will always be a respectable height for men anywhere in the world.
It doesn't matter only how much is the average height in each country but what heights make a man's body looks good and not small.
And even in countries where average is close to 6ft, a 5.10 frame will never look short while in countries where average is 5.5 (like China) a 5.6 man will still be short.

So I don't care if in a country the average is 6.3 (there is not such a country of course), if someone is 5.11 he will look very good and no short even there.

If you are above 5.11, height stops to matter.
I would never feel inferior to a 6.2 man if I was 5.11 due to my height because I don't think that being taller than that has any benefit or that a 6.2 body looks better than a 5.11 body. Almost most of the times a 5.11 frame is the ideal for a man.

asfastaslight

So you agree with the average height is 6' for white teens in the USA?
i'm 165 *autistic screeching* I banged an Italian girl from Italy.  What's the problem at 177? 

asfastaslight

This generation is maybe 1-2cm (at best) more than the previous one but I am almost sure that height will not increase more in next generations.
Many countries face economical crisis (including Italy) and the strong majority of people in the world won't live wealthier than now, so future kids will be at max as tall as the current generation.

So no, 6.3 will never be the average height for men and everything above 5.10 will always be a respectable height for men anywhere in the world.
It doesn't matter only how much is the average height in each country but what heights make a man's body looks good and not small.
And even in countries where average is close to 6ft, a 5.10 frame will never look short while in countries where average is 5.5 (like China) a 5.6 man will still be short.

So I don't care if in a country the average is 6.3 (there is not such a country of course), if someone is 5.11 he will look very good and no short even there.

If you are above 5.11, height stops to matter.
I would never feel inferior to a 6.2 man if I was 5.11 due to my height because I don't think that being taller than that has any benefit or that a 6.2 body looks better than a 5.11 body. Almost most of the times a 5.11 frame is the ideal for a man.
How does wealth have to do with height overall?  Everyone in my family is short, billions wouldn't change genes. 

google42

How does wealth have to do with height overall?  Everyone in my family is short, billions wouldn't change genes.
More wealth equals less stress and more food. It is true though that it wouldn't make a huge difference, it would take generations to raise the average just a few inches.

IwannaBeTaller

More wealth equals less stress and more food. It is true though that it wouldn't make a huge difference, it would take generations to raise the average just a few inches.

Is there any evidence of mental stress affecting height? I haven't seen any.

YungGud

i would say 6 ft gonna be average in the nearest future(20-30 years) somewhere its already average(Montenegro and Netherlands) also 6 ft 1 suppose to be more common height that now but there no question about average height like 6 ft 3 or so, this is hilarious! :)
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

google42

Is there any evidence of mental stress affecting height? I haven't seen any.
Idk know for sure but you can google it. I think it may indirectly affect height just like how people say caffeine might stunt growth but it's really not the caffeine, it's not getting enough sleep. I'm not so sure on this though.

paco1

the height is an adaptation to the environment and if you are so taller you have disadvantage in this adaptation, in the sports and others situations, you are slower, clumsy, etc.
The height can,t go much more 5'11 because the nature is wise.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

the height is an adaptation to the environment and if you are so taller you have disadvantage in this adaptation, in the sports and others situations, you are slower, clumsy, etc.

And cardiological, blood flow, posture problems etc.

paco1

you are right

Utter crap. Provide any credible source for this assertion.

Look a those slow, clumsy athletes in the NFL, NBA, Heavyweight Boxing etc. 6'6" Usain Bolt is so slow.

TIBIKE200

Look a those slow, clumsy athletes in the NFL, NBA, Heavyweight Boxing etc. 6'6" Usain Bolt is so slow.

Bolt is a mistery as being 6'4.5 is considered a disadvantage to sprinting (best heights were always 176-185 which are average and normal tall heights).

Comparing normal humans to elite athletes is wrong since elite athletes are not the norm.
  Just like not all short guys can be elite gymnastics, not all tall guys can be good at basketball and play in the NBA.
Although it seems many NBA players are just there because they are tall (the low tier teams) and nothing else

Body Builder

Not crap at all.

The men with the most athletic bodies are always average height or just 1-2 inches more than average.
Basketball players is an exception of course because height in this sport is very important.

In bodybuilding where there are athletes from every height, almost all the mr Olympias weere from 5.7 to 5.10.
That means a lot for men's aesthetics.

Paco is absolutely right. Tall people is not the future because they need more food, more space, they live less, they have more injuries and they are more clumsy.
Always average height to just a little more (5.10 to 6ft) will be the ideal height for men in every aspect and nature won't let the average man be more than that.

crimsontide

people do not shrink   between 40 and 59. very rare

so the study  shows caucasian americans are getting taller

right now it would be  between 179 and 180. might even be 180.

bodybuilder, The vast majority of people   do not  consider Mr Olympia  aesthetics to be appealing.  Most of these guys are around  171 and 172 cm and weigh around 120 kilos with 2% bodyfat.

The men with the most pleasing physiques are swimmers and water polo players. Both are  quite tall on average 

Sigh, not this again.

Average height has not changed in America in the past 2 generations- not if you account for the fact that people generally lose a little height with age. Some studies even say it is now decreasing.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr010.pdf#page=15

press crtl+f and search for 178.9 on this link. The sample size is small, but big enough to give a fairly solid estimate.

Quite a few other studies back that up too. From what I remember, average height is actually declining in the USA now for some groups, and stagnating for almost everyone. Maybe that's because of wealth inequality, and the rich are getting taller and the poor are getting shorter, but I think it's more likely that height has almost been maxed out. This one gives the highest estimate for young white men I know of.

In the UK it is still increasing but very slowly. If I look around I'd say 175-182 cm is average, but that's just by eye- according to the statistics though, that should be about right.

It depends on where you are, too. I live in south Wales which is renowned for having short (white, British) men. I am 173 and even I am often one of the taller people in the room when I go out here- if I'm with local people- even with the young local people I'm solidly average. But with (wealthy) students from other parts of Britain, I am short. Their average is closer to 180 cm, but I think 183 cm still looks pretty tall, and I couldn't call that average- I have a few friends that height and they are noticeably tall.

Plus average height for white Italians was 175 in about 1970-80, but since the 90s it has increased. You can see that if you look on wikipedia. I imagine seeing as Italy is quite a wealthy nation it will probably not increase much more.

IwannaBeTaller

people do not shrink   between 40 and 59. very rare

so the study  shows caucasian americans are getting taller

right now it would be  between 179 and 180. might even be 180.

bodybuilder, The vast majority of people   do not  consider Mr Olympia  aesthetics to be appealing.  Most of these guys are around  171 and 172 cm and weigh around 120 kilos with 2% bodyfat.

The men with the most pleasing physiques are swimmers and water polo players. Both are  quite tall on average

So what exactly are you proposing? Should we all get on our knees and hail tall people as our new gods? Because they're superior in every imaginable way? or what else should be the purpose of what you're trying to say?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up