Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some advice for leg lengthening. Thank you :)  (Read 866 times)

Mouthy98

• Visitor
I need some advice for leg lengthening. Thank you :)
« on: April 24, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »

Hello guys this is my first post so try not to scrutinize me so much haha.
I'm 18 years old, male and I live in London, I'm no longer in education I work full time in Personal Training in which I have a Diploma in.
I'm 160CM tall and haven't grown since I was 14, I'm taller than my mother and the same height as my father although he claims to have been 170CM tall when he was younger. (lol)
I understand that a male can grow all the way up until 21 which is why this is just a discussion and I'm planning to get the treatment a little further on in life.

I've had several appointments with hospitals and my local GP and all of them are not willing or have nothing that they can do for me.
I was quoted £52,000 by the Guichet Nail and that's without removal...
I'm willing to get a loan or save up for a couple years to pay for the treatment.
I am extremely motivated and willing to pursue this, through all the pain and money.

My questions for you guys are:
Will the treatment effect my long term training goals; one day I wish to compete as a competitive bodybuilder/men's physique.
Will the treatment effect my strength in the long term and does it restrict movements such as deadlifts/squats?
My goal is at least 167CM (+7cm)
I would like to do this through an internal device not an external.
How much would it cost me and is my goal achievable?

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read my post.

Zeo

Re: I need some advice for leg lengthening. Thank you :)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »

Will the treatment effect my long term training goals; one day I wish to compete as a competitive bodybuilder/men's physique.
Will the treatment effect my strength in the long term and does it restrict movements such as deadlifts/squats?

7 cm will for sure affect your max strength (aesthetically idk what it will do to the muscles)as far as legs are concerned. Idk how much or in what ways but everybody is different and will depend on a lot of things. Unfortunately its a crappy vague answer but theres really not a lot of info post LL peak athetic performace differences. The general consensus is that with a successful moderate LL you will lose some athletic performance but can resume intensive sports, although you might not fair well in more competitive levels. Bodybuilding is different though because its more about aesthetic but i dont see why you can't compete.

If you want compete then just compete, even if you dont have the biggest quads. At 160 cm (my height too), i bet your not willing to give up the 7cm for the sake of competing in high end bodybuilding.

as far as body mechanics and excersises go, theres been a lot written about it but idk what is the consensus is, unfortunatley there isnt really any solid proof about a lot of things surrounding LL. It's mostly anecdotal stuff from diaries or a line cherry picked from some random ortho study.

Not dumb questions though for your first post. hopefully someone else could clarify things

I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Mouthy98

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 11:09:53 AM »

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my post.
Everything is so vague and there is many different answers out there I guess the only way to find out is to try it yourself but it's one expensive and painful way to find out haha.

Zeo

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my post.
Everything is so vague and there is many different answers out there I guess the only way to find out is to try it yourself but it's one expensive and painful way to find out haha.

Yea just keep on reading and reading and reading. There is really a lot that goes into LL, but after a few weeks of reading youll see it just comes down to the same thing:

Your preperation + quality of surgeon+ lengthegning amount + post surgery PT adherence = your chances of having a successfuly lengthening.

So lengthening a moderate amount with a good surgeon and you should be ok. With enough reading though you should see who is a good surgeon for your price range/situation.

Then its just a matter of getting the money, which is where most people here are stuck. Your still 18 so you should really think of getting in a more lucrative carreer, esp if you are considering Guichet. Even if you have to get some additional training for a bit, not necesarily a degree, just something that positions you to be able to get a lucrative job. Theres a lot of really good paying jobs that you dont require a degree for
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Mouthy98

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:12:12 PM »

bump

Metal Gear

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »

If you're a professional athlete, a NFL football player for example, you won't be after LL.

If your're the average athlete and do a moderate amount of lengthening with a reputable doctor, you can return 75-100%.

Just remember that this varies person to person and the best thing you can do is set yourself up for success. (Maintain a healthy diet and exercise daily)
It's also in your best interest to stretch and become as flexible as possible before you undergo the surgery, it will make your life a lot easier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up