Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cognitive Dysfunction Postoperative  (Read 1410 times)

onemorefoot

Cognitive Dysfunction Postoperative
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:46:49 PM »

That sounds bad, basically you can go out of the OT more stupid because of an unknown factor of the anesthesia, my question is if something can be done to prevent this, like not using general anesthesia or what the hell we do?
Budget will determine my future.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
Re: Cognitive Dysfunction Postoperative
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »

The simple solution is spinal anesthesia but Id rather not since It would mean getting a huge ass needle shoved up my spine. I also do not enjoy having a catherer inserted.
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »

The simple solution is spinal anesthesia but Id rather not since It would mean getting a huge ass needle shoved up my spine. I also do not enjoy having a catherer inserted.
Are you sure? Only general causes It?

Jack1066

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 06:05:51 PM »

Well, I've been under general anaesthetic in the past and I don't think it made me dumber...

In fact I don't think it's happened to anyone I know.

Must be a pretty rare thing to happen? I hadn't heard about it until now.

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 06:49:06 PM »

Well, I've been under general anaesthetic in the past and I don't think it made me dumber...

In fact I don't think it's happened to anyone I know.

Must be a pretty rare thing to happen? I hadn't heard about it until now.
Maybe was a slighty decline or maybe even you didnt have that effect, is more common on elderly people And with previous mental diseases, I hace read Many diaries And I dont find any kind of cognitive decline too, the correct procedure would be doing an intelligence test before And after, two different tests.

Chris

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 06:52:42 PM »

Four times general anesthesia here, two of them in the last three month and am still smart enough for university ;)

I know someone who had a terrible accident with his motorcycle and his leg ripped off and shredded.
He has had eighteen, yes, eighteen surgeries for reconstruction under general anesthesia within about three years and he seems pretty smart to me.
He once mentioned that some minor traces from one general anesthesia would remain in a human's body for about one year and that he had accumulated the maximum save amount, so he had to wait for more surgeries for some time.
I don't know if the chemicals used for general anesthesia are much different in other countries, but at least that's how it is in Germany.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »

Four times general anesthesia here, two of them in the last three month and am still smart enough for university ;)

I know someone who had an terrible accident with his motorcycle and his leg ripped off and shredded.
He has had eighteen, yes, eighteen surgeries for reconstruction under general anesthesia within about three years and he seems pretty smart to me.
He once mentioned that some minor traces from one general anesthesia would remain in a human's body for about one year and that he had accumulated the maximum save amount, so he had to wait for more surgeries for some time.
I don't know if general anesthesia is much different in other countries, but at least that's how it is in Germany.
We still dont understand if is just the anesthesia or the cause can be the surgery itself becuase of inflamatory event in the Brain, so it is lose or lose xd, whatever I prefer the height, because is what most people ser And matters more at least in a society like this, if we wait until a new method cames out we Will be dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up