Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs Barcelona - Dr Monegal  (Read 4520 times)

InferiorityComplex

Femurs Barcelona - Dr Monegal
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:15:15 PM »

Hey all, thought i'd pay it forward as i am on my way to walking if it continues to go the right path. I wish I started this diary when lengthening but there was so much drama and wanted to focus on lengthening instead :)

I excuse in advance about my horrific english and that it's not as good written as some others diaries here (some diaries here are just incredible and i read them like books, thanks for the tremendous effort it must've taken).

Short info about me:
20-30 year range, very athletic pre-op, my pure mindset has always been to work my hardest like there are some chinese on amphetamine competing with you 24/7/365  :P The world is cutthroat if you are trying to be in the 1%, instead of complaining...be happy that you are alive and use the effort on succeeding in life instead? Life is a beautiful thing if you have time & cash (which is essentially the same thing) AND is content with how you look in every scenario. Now that is something I was not, and as soon I knew about this operation I started making plans for it. What is also important to mention is that I traveled to every country and crossed almost everything on my bucket list before, preparing for the worst outcome.

Working for 18 hrs a day was not an impossibility for years pre-op, so work wise I felt very well prepared for what was to come  8)

In regards of my appearance. I loved my upper body, very broad shoulders for my height and I wouldn't change anything about my face. Now the lower body is a completely different story, feels like it is two different bodies. I don't know my exact metrics but sitting height i have never really felt short...lower body though.. trying out pants was just a pure joke pre-op. It just got me so discouraged after a while to try and look nice, I had to wear 3 inch lifts in every situation in order for me to be content enough...and wearing lifts brought me to 180 cm + which is not amazing height where I am but a bit lower than average. I was finally in the same height as the 173 cm + girls in my country when they would wear heels, which helped me notice the big difference. Not only how you are perceived but what's MOST important, how you perceive yourself! I finally felt like the young and non worrisome kid again..and that is when it all started, I started to get girls i could never dream of. Some amazing years and girlfriends after to not go in to much detail.

I am now here...6 cm lengthened (6.2 to be exact) and laughing at my penguin walk 4 months after surgery. Maybe it is not the fastest recovery, but believe me when i say this. It's probably one of the laziest things I've done in my life, sure the hospital part was probably worse for me than the majority of LL'ers (had to have a second surgery due to unimaginable headache, supposedly this can happen to women giving birth too with the anesthesia).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:53:26 PM by InferiorityComplex »

InferiorityComplex

Re: Femurs Barcelona - Dr Monegal
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:27:23 PM »

Trying to look at youtube videos to improve the walking here in our apartment at the beach in Barcelona, helps having the beast Helloworld here also who just looks like a god (no homo bro) and doing very well (as expected). We've come up with a cool strategy where I bike beside him (easy to bike after 4 months) and he runs beside we try to get his running to 100 %  (speed, response rate, the look of it etc). Ever since Elon Musk became popular I've copied his strategy on having a bit of "ridicilous" goals...from the outside it might look insane but you'd be surprised what can be accomplished. I don't want to discuss about whether you can get back to 100 % or not but I will try and so will Helloworld..and after we've tried our best it's not like we will be professional athletes anyways  ::)

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:40:57 PM »

Also my observation is that your dominant leg is doing a lot better overall, so my recommendation would be (another strategy I've adapted for a few years) is work on the things that you are bad at. My non dominant leg is the one i'm working the most on, it is easy for the human to work on the things that it is already sufficed at for various reasons like confidence boost etc. The reason i lengthened 6 cm and not 8 cm (i didn't feel any stiffness or pain that people are talking about so could easily continue, is my theory on that the same reason it's hard to even go trough with this surgery in the first place..it is even harder to stop at 6 cm and not at 8 when being wheelchair, walker, bedridden for 4 months without any social interactivity..you start getting greedy. But looking at the previous posts it seems like recovery is much faster at 6 cm vs 8 and I am doing this all alone with the hope that no one will notice. The plan is to not visit my home country unless I feel like i can walk good enough :) If i don't feel content being around 180 cm in the country of amazonas, the plan would be to do 4 cm tibias in a couple of years. I also do it as a safe net if it's the bio mechanics that makes me not being able to run naturally, 6 cm femur + 4 tibia should be better proportion wise for that...or maybe the arms would be problem then instead lol? Maybe il end up like a cripple doing ATL, who knows what the future holds lol. Anyways, that is the reasoning why I stopped at 6

Antonio

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:35 AM »

Congrats on the good lengthening so far, keep it up! I'm in Barcelona but too busy with work nowadays to go over to MIC

U only live once

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:02:48 AM »

Hey mate, I hope I can still find you in Barcelona next February and see your recovery. I have stopped my LL at 5.35 cm cuz I think my leg looks just perfect and plus work commitments but I'm thinking very seriously about doing tibias in 2020!

Anyways It would be cool you put some videos up so people see your recovery however if you wanna keep your privacy is understandable .

All the best and merry Christmas!!!!!
Aim high

helloworld

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »

5.35 cm? Don't you want to aim higher?
I did 5.1 because I had preconsolidation, but if I were you I would do more.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

backrandom

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 10:44:31 PM »

I would do 6 cm at least and not tibiae.

tallernacho

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »

It depends on the person and self perception. I originally aimed at 5.5-6cm and stopped at 5cm (real 5cm, with calibrated x rays), as I was starting to perceive my femurs as too long. This is a psychologically demanding process, and thinking on screwing proportions forever starts to outweigh height gains at some point.
Dr. Monegal patient
Two stage internal femurs with Fitbone.
5cm, from 172cm to 177cm

backrandom

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »

It depends on the person and self perception. I originally aimed at 5.5-6cm and stopped at 5cm (real 5cm, with calibrated x rays), as I was starting to perceive my femurs as too long. This is a psychologically demanding process, and thinking on screwing proportions forever starts to outweigh height gains at some point.

Yeah you're right, no way to fix bad proportions. And no, doing tibiae is not the solution because your torso, your head, your arms, your hands and your feet are still those of a short guy. Most people who do femur and tibiae look like dwarfs on stilts: short torso, small head, short arms and disproportionaly long limbs. Being a disproportioned freak is even worse than being short

U only live once

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »

Thanks guys for your opinions!! for a second I thought of taking out my fitbone device and put it onto use again. in fact , my initial goal was 6 cm but lately due to work LL has become less important and Taller Nacho is right , it is definitely a demanding process, physically and psychologically. Another important point is that I still have to do my right leg which it means the longer I lengthen my left leg the longer I have to lengthen my right one. With a recent promotion and more demanding tasks at work, I really wanna finish with LL and move on.

If I do tibias I'd do 3.5 cm only!! Although I'm short I'm not a dwarf for which I feel I can still get away without looking disproportionate. Anyways sorry Inferiority Complex for hijacking your diary😞😞😞
Aim high

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 05:28:25 PM »

Yeah you're right, no way to fix bad proportions. And no, doing tibiae is not the solution because your torso, your head, your arms, your hands and your feet are still those of a short guy. Most people who do femur and tibiae look like dwarfs on stilts: short torso, small head, short arms and disproportionaly long limbs. Being a disproportioned freak is even worse than being short

Head size, hand size, feet size (to an extent), torso and neck have nothing to do with the length of the legs.
I learned some stuff during this time

backrandom

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »

They aren't 100 per 100 correlated, but shorter people usually have shorter torsos and small heads and hands and feet, and taller people usually have longer torsos and bigger heads and hands and feet. U live once is maybe fortunate and he was a shortlegged individual with big head, big feet, big hands and long torso, but most people who do LL aren't usually like this.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 11:24:55 PM »

They aren't 100 per 100 correlated, but shorter people usually have shorter torsos and small heads and hands and feet, and taller people usually have longer torsos and bigger heads and hands and feet. U live once is maybe fortunate and he was a shortlegged individual with big head, big feet, big hands and long torso, but most people who do LL aren't usually like this.

That is simply not true.

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »

That is simply not true.

It is, especially when it comes to torso length.
People by nature have some proportions which differentiate by some percent but still they are corelated each other.
So a 5.9 man could have a longer torso compared to a 5.10 man but it is impossible to have a longer torso than a 6ft man.
So when a 5.9 man becomes 6 ft with LL it is impossible to have the same torso as a naturally 6 fter. Moreover if he does 2 LL and add 14cm (as I will after my second LL). My torso length will be a joke compared to a 6ft man as my teal height was 5.65.

A short man can have wide clavicles (my back is bigger than the strong majority of tall men) and wide bones (my wrist is bigger too than most tall men I know) but when it comes to length (torso and arms) then the biggest they can have is the proportions of a man 5cm taller than they are.
Someone who lengthens more than 5cm or both segments would never have natural proportions. I know it and I see it everyday although I haven't done my second LL which will make things worse.
But I really don't care as I have big muscles and a wide back and with clothes on I'll look like a superhero (still cartoon though :D) but nked my proportiins will be weird.
Still I prefer it thousand times than my initial height and anyone who does LL should care more than height than perfect proportions. Otherwise he should not do it.

backrandom

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »

As a general rule, it works like this. The shorter you are, the shorter your torso, the smaller your head. If you lengthen both your tibia and femur you will end up GREATLY disproportioned unless you were GREATLY disproportioned to begin with. You can mask your disproportions if you have a wide frame or resort to bodybuilding but the disproportion is still there.You must decide if short is better than disproportioned or the opposite holds true.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2017, 01:55:06 AM »

People by nature have some proportions which differentiate by some percent but still they are corelated each other.
So a 5.9 man could have a longer torso compared to a 5.10 man but it is impossible to have a longer torso than a 6ft man.
So when a 5.9 man becomes 6 ft with LL it is impossible to have the same torso as a naturally 6 fter. Moreover if he does 2 LL and add 14cm (as I will after my second LL). My torso length will be a joke compared to a 6ft man as my teal height was 5.65.

A short man can have wide clavicles (my back is bigger than the strong majority of tall men) and wide bones (my wrist is bigger too than most tall men I know) but when it comes to length (torso and arms) then the biggest they can have is the proportions of a man 5cm taller than they are.
Someone who lengthens more than 5cm or both segments would never have natural proportions. I know it and I see it everyday although I haven't done my second LL which will make things worse.
But I really don't care as I have big muscles and a wide back and with clothes on I'll look like a superhero (still cartoon though :D) but nked my proportiins will be weird.
Still I prefer it thousand times than my initial height and anyone who does LL should care more than height than perfect proportions. Otherwise he should not do it.

Torso length is dictated mostly by sxx hormones, unlike the limbs which length's is dictated almost exclusivly by GH. You can see again the dutch sitting height study and see that the sitting height/height ratio of dutch males varied between 49.7% and 52.7% and was indipendent of height.

Take someone who is lets say 168 and with a sitting height of 88cm. He has a SH/height ratio of 52.3. If he adds lets say 9cm his SH/height ratio will be 49.7 which is still perfect normal range (within 1 standard deviation norm).
  Half of people can add up to a max of 10cm without looking redicoulus if they belong to the 50% who are above the medial value of the SH/height ratio.

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »

Be careful with your the amount you lengthen, you May think you increase the amount you lengthen, but especially ok femurs is not very true, thats why I would have recommend yo lengthen a little more.
Budget will determine my future.

myloginacct

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 12:40:55 AM »

I don't think you should worry that much about proportions because nature is too varied. We see and expect to see all kinds of people. It might look weird, but most people will simply assume you have odd genetics and not think much about it. "That's just how he is."

We did even have women who commented positively on the unnaturally long legs of a few people in the LL diaries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up