Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What percentage of height is genetic and what percentage of it is environmental?  (Read 4650 times)

vegeta24

What is the point of this thread? Height is 99% genetic. Unless you were severely malnourished, you were born to be that height and that's what it's gonna be. It doesn't matter if your dad is tall and your mom is short or so on and so forth. Obviously having taller parents increases the chance of you being taller, but it doesn't guarantee you will even be close to their height. Height is complicated and geneticists still can't pinpoint exactly what height an individual will be. I just don't see the point in dwelling on things like these "I didn't get enough sleep, I didn't eat enough, I smoked" Chances are those didn't do much to effect your height at all. Genes literally dictate everything about us.

vegeta24

double post

YungGud

Younger generation  (guys like 15-17 y.o.)are taller no doubt but no more that 1-1.5 inches over national average height,lots of people just overestimate other people height
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Bander72

Yeah I think the shorter you are the more you think people are taller these days. I remember before not using lifts that I felt realyl small then with the lifts I felt that people aren't actually so tall as I thought.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

TIBIKE200

Yeah I think the shorter you are the more you think people are taller these days. I remember before not using lifts that I felt realyl small then with the lifts I felt that people aren't actually so tall as I thought.

How much does your lift add you?
I learned some stuff during this time

Bander72

Usually, use 4 cm one and some occasions use 5 cm one. I use shoes with an extra heel height like air max as well so maybe 1 cm more than regular shoes, so usually at 180-179 when I go out.

Bander72

Double post
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:15:33 AM by bander72 »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up