Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Short community needs a movement to find the cure for shortness.  (Read 6048 times)

Theman6

• Visitor

Hello everyone, I am a short man who is 5'5. My young life always had big dreams I always thought I could be anything I want. As I got older I noticed how people did not take me seriously as much how I ended up having too try harder just to get noticed. It all hit me when I had one girl tell me I was to short. I shrugged it off but I have had it happen on numerous occasions now. I think we all have a similar story on what made us height concious. I then decided I would do limb lengthening and get 2-3 inches so I could be around 5'8 which I  always felt was a fine height. I messaged numerous LL doctors and was ready to choose between Dr.Guichet or Dr.Paley and begin with  3.5 cm on my femurs this summer. But than I realized...why do we do ll? We do LL because we feel small and insignificant, we want to be beautiful and aesthetically appealing, we want to feel like men and make our women feel like women. I realized that adding a few inches would not achieve that. Our issue as small men is not just height, it is that we are smaller, even if we do LL we become unproportional, we may have a shorter torso, still have a small head, small hands, your arms will be shorter. We can ignore these proportions, but if we are going too ignore these proportions what is the point of LL? We do this for aesthetics so than why would we risk all this pain, to still not be aesthetically pleasing? I want to be taller more than anything in the world. Like many of you I am sick of feeling insignificant sometimes due to something that is out of my control. Many people say how women or minorities have it bad, but really it is smaller men who have been left behind in society and no one has even chosen to help us...They have had movements so people stop bashing fat people, yet small men we have been left behind and we have remained quiet for far too long.
LL is NOT THE WAY. Bashing your legs in half and slowly growing it over months going through months of pain and suffering still too not have your full goal achieved? It is not the way especially in the 21st century, especially in a time where technology is developing faster than ever.  We as short men need too start a movement TOGETHER. We need too find a way too make us grow proportionally and aesthetically in a humane way. I understand it sounds very difficult, however there is nothing that science can not figure out when money time and a movement and the best people come together. You have scientists growing heart tissue out of leaves, our society has advanced so much and I firmly believe if we come together and we start a movement and we create a movement that demands that we find this cure to smallness. I understand many of you will read this and immediatly dismiss me as a nut, many of you will say "it will never happen". There are scientific studies being done today that just a year ago people would have dismissed as crazy. I remember reading an article a few months ago this year saying how head transplants will NEVER happen. Today news has come out that there is a doctor who is planning the first head transplant this year and he has succesfully succeeded in his clinical studies of adding a head to a rat. Science is the answer and when money time and the movement is there they will find a way. But in order to find a way we as short people need too stand up TOGETHER. It is fact that short men are unhappier on average, earn less money over time, overall do worse in dating and are not seen attractive to a large group of people, and the shorter you are the more likely you are too commit suicide. These are real issues that everyone who is short has to deal with, there are millions of short men around the world and in an age where humans are getting bigger eat hurts us more and more every day. We need too stop being so silent and we need too demand the attention we deserve we need too start a movement and find the cure for this because it is out there I know it is but we will never find it sitting on our asses bitching about how things will never change. If you read this and agree with me please email me at ignatiousrf@gmail.com. It is time our vocal stops becoming scared to speak out and embarrassed that if we speak out we will be made fun of. We need change and we can no longer be pushed aside. God Bless

Theman6

• Visitor
Re: The Short community needs a movement to find the cure for shortness.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:33:45 AM »

I really hope someone decides to actually join in on this conversation. I see alot of people on this forum viewing stuff but no one here really discusses things. This is a community we need too help each other be the best we can be and engage with each other more.

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 05:56:54 AM »

No bad idea, it would remind people that short men are inferior as there has to be a movement to protect them, society doesnt owe you anything , you were born short, you have to deal with it . There are people that are  born ugly and get same treatment because of there looks. Its just human nature  no laws can change them. By the way you must be a liberal , only libs  reason like that It goes also against what society expects from men, men dont need to be protected because they are  " strong" ( not physically ) nobody cares about weak men , weak men need to " man up " . By the way there are lots of successful short people.   
6cm paley in the future

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 06:22:14 AM »

Very close minded sir, especially when you called me a liberal haha. I am not a liberal, in fact I am a very strong Trump supporter....but why would that even make a difference? Your reply is very close minded and it does not help anything. I agree there are people born lesser in the world and there are things that wont ever be changed...why? Because we do nothing too stop change them. It would not remind people that short people are inferior that is just a reflection of your insecurities. That is like saying Black Americans should not have made a civil rights movement to gain equality back in the 60s because it would have made them look more inferior. There were plenty of famous Black Americans before the civil rights era...did racism not exist? Were there no segregation laws? I was born short so therefore to you I or should I say WE have too deal with leaving an inferior life why because so I can make YOU happy? This is not about being protected by society, this is about us as a community standing up for ourselves and finding a solution. Again I would like you too give me another reason as too why finding a solution would be a bad idea, if anything coming together and figuring a solution out would actually be a good idea. And before I end this...I agree society does not owe us anything, we were born short and that is exactly what I am saying. Things only get done when you take action on something. Some people are born without a limb, should we just tell them that they were born that way suck it up they were born inferior? Sure we could, but than what would the point of medical science be? Should we just say to cancer patients they have cancer suck it up or should we continue too find cures and ways too change the human body. You talk about how some people are born ugly, and that is why there is going to be a huge explosion of Cosmetic Gene Therapy in our lifetime. But wait according too your logic we should not see how far science can take us...you are born a loser and you are not allowed too figure out a way too find a solution. With that logic wed probably still be wiping our asses with our hands.

6cm

• sad kek
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 06:43:41 AM »

The  only thing science can do to "fix "short or ugly people is designer babies to remove the undesired traits from the Dna. I think will never be possible to fix people after they are born because the dna is the map the body follows to build itself and it cant be changed once you are born because its inside every cell of your body..
Im against any movement towards  "protecting" short guys  because its a mans problem and nobody will care, it will just get ridiculized. It cant be compared to racism or disesases because its just an aestetic problem, doing so will get the other non short people angry and not tollerant towarsds your movement. I would totally dissociatey self from beeong short  through ll even if i was fine with imy height if there was such a movement. I wouldnt want to be associated with the "weak" that need  "protection " from sociiety, but thats just me .
6cm paley in the future

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 08:00:14 AM »

Well that is not true... We do not know what science can do because we have not fully looked into it as much as we have with other things. Is it hard? Oh yes definantly but like I said with science really anything can be achieved with funds and time, you hear things about how "science says itll never happen or take this long" than you see a new update the next week that totally contradicts that claim. We can not be so close minded about the power of science. And also the Dna thing you are incorrect about that, it is not just designer babies, it is full grown human beings that will be effected by dna gene therapy. Infact scientists are even trying to find the gene that makes us "immortal" and it would be possible to use on humans that are fully grown. Like I said with science especially now a days I do not see how people can still count things out.

And look I totally understand what you are saying. And I get your point that you think a movement or this movement I am referring to is too "protect" short guys. I get that, its weak horse   from what it sounds like but I can assure you that is not what I am trying too say. Being small is more than just an aesthetics issue, it is a real social issue its fact but we are afraid too talk about it because of peoples insecurities. Wouldnt you say that refusing too even look for a better option because you are afraid society will view you as inferior make you the one who is insecure and seeking protection? Because this is not about protection, this is about the fact that each year more and more small humans are going through painful procedures that are tearing legs apart just for a few inches. It does not solve all the issues and can even lead too more issues. This is all we have, that is all we got. So obviously there is already a need for this, in fact this kind of market has been here since the 50s! So obviously this is not a new issue, this issue and market has always been here and it is never going away. Infact it will only get bigger and that is undeniable more and more people do LL it is a growing trend. And what I am trying too say is this is obviously not the answer. This is not about protecting short guys, as a short guy myself I dont want anyone else feeling they need too protect me again not the point. Point is we have this industry that is getting bigger every day very fast and it will only get bigger however it is not the answer. Do you think in 2100 limb lengthening as we know it will really be the only way too make people grow taller? You really think by 2100 in a world where we have a settlement on Mars, intergalactic space travel is common, we have cured basically all diseases, we have fully submerged virtual reality even more "realistic" than real life, a time where scientists have said eventually we will be able too reverse ageing so you could be young again, a world where people will be 200 years old, you think we are still going too be breaking peoples bones and pulling them slowly over time in a painful barbaric way? We are going to be performing the first head transplant this year and just a few weeks ago people said its impossible. The point is science is the key, there is a better option out there that needs to be found because more and more men each year are going to be putting themselves through barbaric procedures when we should be asking how we can find a better procedure. It will happen one day and it can happen, but it seems like the main thing stopping you is "insecurities" which is very close minded in the whole grand scheme of all of this. Please email me at the email I provided if youd like too chat more. I will finish with what I have been saying, I agree society has no obligation too us and I dont want them too, all I am saying is that we need too come together and try and find a better option because it is out there it is a matter of finding it and this all starts with an open mind and wanting too find it. If I was a modern day libtard like you assumed of me in the beginning, Id be crying and bitching and screaming  and guiltripping without trying to fix anything :) , instead ive accepted my height thats  why I am not going through ll yet I do have an open mind and an ambition too try and find a procedure that is better. again if you wanna chat more email me!

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 08:24:10 AM »

Well Im a left leaning moderate and I dont think youll ever be able to find a cure for shortness. Im no expert but short people are actually more energy efficent than tall people ( my ex boyfriend was 6'3 and his tdee was around 2400 calories while mine was only 2000). Height is mainly influenced by parental genes (around 80%?) and shows a strong correlation with wealth and proper nutrition.

To put it simply, if a mommy and daddy had great nutrition and exceeded their predicted height by 2-5cm and combined their genes, they would have a child that was taller and vice versa. This is observed in Korea where their current heights differ greatly, the average male south korean being nearly a foot taller than north koreans despite less that a hundred years gap between the annexation of north korea.

So, what can we take from this? Height is mostly determined by parental genes that are culmilative. Better environment=tallet people. To completely eradicate short people we would have to sterilize all people behind a select goal height and even then if a country fell on hard times or had famine shorter people would pop up. Thats not very ethical either because, eugenics. Humans are meant to be shorter as it conserves energy and is simply a better evolutionary design.

Now we could find ways to grow the body humanely, Im personally curious with the idea of reopening the growth plate scars and administering HGH injections through keyhole surgery. Much cheaper but the height gained would kind of YMMV and some may not have any height growth at all.

Edit: words.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:22:58 AM by cole slaws »
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »

To completely eradicate short people we would have to sterilize all people behind a select goal height and even then if a country fell on hard times or had famine shorter people would pop up.

The fked up things you read in this forum.

"Eridacte short people", is that what you want? How can you even write that without shuddering?

Nevermind that you can't get "rid of short people", they will always be there. Even if you sterilize all short people who could potentially be parents, there will always be short people because height follows a normal distribution, the short ends of the distribution are part of nature. Even if the average were to rise by 30 cm, then 190 cm people would be the new shorties.

And this:

nobody cares about weak men

is nonsense as well.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 09:22:11 AM »

The fked up things you read in this forum.

"Eridacte short people", is that what you want? How can you even write that without shuddering?

Nevermind that you can't get "rid of short people", they will always be there. Even if you sterilize all short people who could potentially be parents, there will always be short people because height follows a normal distribution, the short ends of the distribution are part of nature. Even if the average were to rise by 30 cm, then 190 cm people would be the new shorties.

And this:

is nonsense as well.

Im actually arguing against the points mentioned above. I forgot to put in "thats not really an ethical solution" because yeah, eugenics. Anyway, most people learn to cope with being short but there are always some with height neurosis and there should be options to help them.

Jack1066

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »

IMO body positivity movement can do a lot for short men if short men want to get involved in it.

It's bullcrap that the whole discrimination against short men thing is written into our genes. Many societies, especially hunter-gatherer societies in Africa (ironically) don't discriminate against short height- they see couples of equal height as ideal for example.

It's because men's bodies are supposed to fit a certain role, they are supposed to take up space, women's bodies are supposed to be dainty and petite, and short men violate those gender norms. They are seen as feminine, which is seen as a bad thing by a patriarchal society. On the other hand, tall women are seen as masculine, which is also a problem for tall women when finding relationships (to a lesser extent) because they also violate traditional gender norms, but in other areas they are given more respect, because they are seen as more masculine.

Seeing as so many people on this forum are right-leaning, you'll disagree with me as soon as you see that word, but in my view most height discrimination is actually a very conscious and culturally ingrained thing, like racism or homophobia is for example, it is not universal and doesn't exist outside of cultural and historical context. It is based on very consciously preconceived notions that men's bodies should look a certain way and if they don't they are somehow less than. I don't think that outside of normal limits height can be a particularly aesthetic issue, and I have even experienced that height discrimination is something that women can consciously unlearn. Whether that is translatable into wider society I don't know, but I think it is.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:12:37 AM by Jack1066 »

The Kaiser

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »

Your cure is open your mind and invest in trading or anything give you profit. If you gained a huge amount of money, and you fell disrespect which i guarantee you it will not happen, come open an thread here. There is no choice but LL or become rich, Good luck.

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 10:59:52 AM »

There is no need to find a cure to shortness because it is something completely normal, not a disease.
The cure is to stop heightism and to stop judging a person for his height.

However I competely disagree that LL is not the solution. Not all short people have small frame and all these, there are short people like me who have big frame but just short feet. Also, many tall people have small frames, are skinny and relatively disproportional.
LL without exaggeration in lengthening most of the times lead to an aesthetic result.

So the real deal is to stop heightism.
The cure to shortness exist and even it is hard and expensive, it is really effective. The only thimg that should be improved about LL is to have more capable doctors with less money than the huge amounts that we want today for internals so anyone that doesn't like his height can do this surgery and change his life.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »

I also don't agree about the proportion/aesthetic thing.

People come in all shapes and sizes.. Also, yes, it would be prefered if you will be a short legged guy doing it rather than a log legged one.

If I can't find a single pair of pants that fits me but can only wear M/L shirts and XL coats, it means I dont have a small frame.
  Reason is that torso width/length is not dependent only on GH but also a lot on testosterone and other androgens while the limbs are almost entirely dependent on GH.

One can only hope that his growth was mainly androgenic and not GH related if he wishes to do LL
I learned some stuff during this time

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »

Exactly. Hit the nail on the head with that one. Most people are perfectly content with their height and those who dont are in the minority, those chosing to do ll are even rarer.

The Kaiser

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 12:05:20 PM »

There is no need to find a cure to shortness because it is something completely normal, not a disease.
The cure is to stop heightism and to stop judging a person for his height.

However I competely disagree that LL is not the solution. Not all short people have small frame and all these, there are short people like me who have big frame but just short feet. Also, many tall people have small frames, are skinny and relatively disproportional.
LL without exaggeration in lengthening most of the times lead to an aesthetic result.

So the real deal is to stop heightism.
The cure to shortness exist and even it is hard and expensive, it is really effective. The only thimg that should be improved about LL is to have more capable doctors with less money than the huge amounts that we want today for internals so anyone that doesn't like his height can do this surgery and change his life.

You're not short come on, now you're 173 something

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »

You're not short come on, now you're 173 something
I am not talking about now.
I am refering to my preLL height which was short. My frame was the same of course, so I was s short person with a big frame and as Tibike said I always wore (and still wear of course) L and sometimes XL sizes due to my large frame and muscles.

So I truly believe that being short is comoletely different to being small-having small frame.

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 03:38:23 PM »

Nobody gives a crap for shortness problem, they even enjoy making jokes about It, I am sad to tell you that nobody Will put money in order to make your Dreams real, It is the jungle also called real world.
Budget will determine my future.

Ozymandias

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »

Our issue as small men is not just height, it is that we are smaller, even if we do LL we become unproportional, we may have a shorter torso, still have a small head, small hands, your arms will be shorter.

"Hey look, that guy is 5'9 but has the head of a 5'7"

Said no one ever.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 05:19:03 PM »

I still am confused because this is a site where short people come on here too share their experiences of breaking their legs in half and slwoly growing them for not even that much height. First of all, what is with this "right leaning" and "left moderate" bullcrap? Why does this have to be a political issue? I disagree that height discrimination is not written into our genes, there are universal studies that show women do not prefer short men on average.

I just do not get it....There are no options for short men to grow taller, there are options coming out for every other kind of cosmetic surgery, I do not see you all going on their forums and trying to crush them. LL is not the answer, not even debatable. And if you think LL is the answer that is only because you already went through it and could care less about helping people or you want everyone who wants height increase to share your experience.

If you do not want too help I get it. But I have yet too see a valid reason why from you guys on why this just downright SHOULDNT happen. What is so insane about simply saying that if people want to grow taller we should find a more humane way.

I bet that if this forum existed in the 40s and Dr.Ilarzov tried too share his hopes of growing people through his frames you people would say the same exact thing on it. You are on a limb lengthening forum, yet you highly oppose a more humane way of growth....Very hypocritical.

Do you guys email scientists trying to extend our life and change our looks through dna gene therapy?
Do you guys email penis enlargement forums or surgeons?
How about cosmetic surgeries surgeries where even simple ones like breast surgery has occasionally lead to death. Are you guys on their forums too?

The saddest thing is that if a humane way that could innovatively grow your body proportionally and in a humane way came out tomorrow all of you would be jumping on it right away.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 06:10:24 PM »

I still am confused because this is a site where short people come on here too share their experiences of breaking their legs in half and slwoly growing them for not even that much height. First of all, what is with this "right leaning" and "left moderate" bullcrap? Why does this have to be a political issue? I disagree that height discrimination is not written into our genes, there are universal studies that show women do not prefer short men on average.

I just do not get it....There are no options for short men to grow taller, there are options coming out for every other kind of cosmetic surgery, I do not see you all going on their forums and trying to crush them. LL is not the answer, not even debatable. And if you think LL is the answer that is only because you already went through it and could care less about helping people or you want everyone who wants height increase to share your experience.

If you do not want too help I get it. But I have yet too see a valid reason why from you guys on why this just downright SHOULDNT happen. What is so insane about simply saying that if people want to grow taller we should find a more humane way.

I bet that if this forum existed in the 40s and Dr.Ilarzov tried too share his hopes of growing people through his frames you people would say the same exact thing on it. You are on a limb lengthening forum, yet you highly oppose a more humane way of growth....Very hypocritical.

Do you guys email scientists trying to extend our life and change our looks through dna gene therapy?
Do you guys email penis enlargement forums or surgeons?
How about cosmetic surgeries surgeries where even simple ones like breast surgery has occasionally lead to death. Are you guys on their forums too?

The saddest thing is that if a humane way that could innovatively grow your body proportionally and in a humane way came out tomorrow all of you would be jumping on it right away.

We get it. You fear this surgery.
 Bye

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 06:21:29 PM »

Ha very childish statement that completely disregards the whole point of this.
It is not neccessarily that I fear the surgery, but that it obviously is not the way of the future. Again do you really think there will be absolute no medical advances in height increase by 2050? And by 2100 we will still be doing this same procedure?

If someone could please email me or tell me why you all are so afraid of simply asking how can we get a more innovative approach I will try and understand your point of view.
However it seems that even though this is a forum for height increase and there are people on this forum who have spent up to 100 grand or more just for a few inches, you are very VERY closed off too asking if there is a better approach. Which again I do not know why, there is a better approach to everything and I think we should start asking. If you do not want to have an open minded discussion again please no need to even comment.

Funny how many of you claim this is a "right leaning" site...yet you all seem to be "leftist" the way you are unwilling too have open minded discussions without dismissing everything.

google42

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 06:54:17 PM »

Ha very childish statement that completely disregards the whole point of this.
It is not neccessarily that I fear the surgery, but that it obviously is not the way of the future. Again do you really think there will be absolute no medical advances in height increase by 2050? And by 2100 we will still be doing this same procedure?

If someone could please email me or tell me why you all are so afraid of simply asking how can we get a more innovative approach I will try and understand your point of view.
However it seems that even though this is a forum for height increase and there are people on this forum who have spent up to 100 grand or more just for a few inches, you are very VERY closed off too asking if there is a better approach. Which again I do not know why, there is a better approach to everything and I think we should start asking. If you do not want to have an open minded discussion again please no need to even comment.

Funny how many of you claim this is a "right leaning" site...yet you all seem to be "leftist" the way you are unwilling too have open minded discussions without dismissing everything.

The thing is people do not want to wait a long time for a new method of getting taller. reopening growth plates and stuff like that will not be available anytime soon and this is the only option we have so far of getting taller. Most People who decide to go through with this know what they're getting themselves into and have weighed the risks and benefits.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 07:00:55 PM »

Yes and agreed that is what I am saying. That this is the best we have right now. Eventually something will be available one day but what I am saying is that in order for us to get there faster we need too start asking questions and be more vocal for a better procedure.

I think we can both agree if something wants to be done nothing will get done just "waiting".
We can still try and find a better way while still co existing with LL.
I do not know why this is such a touchy subject, I am not trying too take anything away from anyone I am simply saying lets start a dialouge and I do not think there is anything wrong with that. Nothing will get done sitting on our asses and waiting.

onemorefoot

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 07:27:49 PM »

Yes and agreed that is what I am saying. That this is the best we have right now. Eventually something will be available one day but what I am saying is that in order for us to get there faster we need too start asking questions and be more vocal for a better procedure.

I think we can both agree if something wants to be done nothing will get done just "waiting".
We can still try and find a better way while still co existing with LL.
I do not know why this is such a touchy subject, I am not trying too take anything away from anyone I am simply saying lets start a dialouge and I do not think there is anything wrong with that. Nothing will get done sitting on our asses and waiting.
You know that we need money for creating a solution, I dont think anybody here Will give his own money in order to create a Magic pill because de dont know if It exists, having ll the money Will go there

guichethope

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 07:30:31 PM »

The method you are looking for will be available in 20 , 30  years . Trust me you still have the possibility to gain few cm but it's a lot of work and non permanent at your age . I 100 % understand what you mean but i really doubt that any one will do anything . People don't want to be rediculized . Just think about what's the best for you and move on .
cheers

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »

onemorefoot, Guichethope thank you for actually responding with an open mind.
Like I said many times yes indeed with money, time, and persistance science can truly do anything. Our world is advancing greatly, why must we be left behind or not allowed too ask more questions on what we can do or how we can do things in a different way?
There is a way to do things better all I am saying is lets ask lets be open minded. With an open mind you can do so many things much more than you think, if our society thought like most close minded people ive seen reply than we would be nowhere. If you could email me just to chat more Id greatly appreciate it. The first thing we can do is start a dialouge and that is all I am asking for now.

onemorefoot

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 08:07:28 PM »

The Guy at naturalheightgrowth is trying the same, wants to find a solution ,different from surgery, if you really want to do something you should put un contact with Michael, he has done a Big research.Although he is 5 11", he is not needed like some folks here.

Jack1066

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »

Show these universal studies, because many studies in fact show that women in Africa for example have much less strong opinions about men's height. Sure, most still like a taller man in most studies, (than themselves) but the ratio is more like 52% than 96% who have that preference.

It is still a strong preference and probably indeed much to do with human biology and sxxual dimorphism, but I doubt many African tribal peoples have a strong conception of what an "ideal height" is.

Also, it is a political issue, every social issue is innately political, because political intelligence, something humans and some other mammals and birds have, is defined solely as the ability to have third party relationships (although I doubt birds talk about heightism lol). Beauty standards are definitely a social issue.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »

I am responding that way because this is an LL forum. Not heightism forum, not "howtogrowtaller.com" forum, not a psycological forum to help depressed people. This is an LL forum as in limb lengthening as in lengthening the limbs.
  This forum should help those who seek info about what LL is, which doctors do it, and have patient experiences. I looked a bit at other cosmetic surgeries forums.. Non are full of all this semi-philosofical bullcrap about heightism or to search for a better way to get boobs bigger or nose smaller. All are simply forums of people sharing experiences and info regarding the surgery itself.

last year we saw a single troll ravage this forum and a bunch of incels,moralists, and other wakos pratically flooding this forum with bullcrap which has nothing to do with LL.

Post in r/short not here

Edit:
  Also, there isn't a reason for scientists to discover new ways to make you grow taller since being at your height of 5'5 or mine of 5'7.5 is not a disease. We are not handicapped. Just like there isn't a miracle way to make every women have double DDs there isn't going to be a magical pill to make every man 6' for the simple reason there is no reason for it.
 Being short is not a handicap. Being less sexually desirable is not a handicap (If it was, we wouldn't be giving birth to the ton of ugly kids walking the streets today with all the pre natal screening tests that exist).
  No body, including me is going to take this "heightism" thing seriously because it's not real. Sticking "ism" in the end of a word doesnt make it become some kind of a reality. In this sense there would also be "Uglism", "smellism", smalldckism", "hairylegism" etc...
  Get real

Jack1066

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »

fk r/short, that place is toxic. But I get your point.

google42

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 08:34:26 PM »

fk r/short, that place is toxic. But I get your point.
I just hope this place doesn't end up like r/short. Especially with what I've seen here  in the past months.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up