Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Short community needs a movement to find the cure for shortness.  (Read 6024 times)

Jack1066

Re: The Short community needs a movement to find the cure for shortness.
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »

fk r/short, that place is toxic. But I get your point.

google42

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 08:34:26 PM »

fk r/short, that place is toxic. But I get your point.
I just hope this place doesn't end up like r/short. Especially with what I've seen here  in the past months.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »

It already is like r/short.

More "I hate my life cause im short" threads than actual LL threads.
I learned some stuff during this time

Jack1066

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »

I tried adding some positivity there and everyone just   on me lol. It's like they want to wallow in misery

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2017, 09:02:58 PM »

I am responding that way because this is an LL forum. Not heightism forum, not "howtogrowtaller.com" forum, not a psycological forum to help depressed people. This is an LL forum as in limb lengthening as in lengthening the limbs.
  This forum should help those who seek info about what LL is, which doctors do it, and have patient experiences. I looked a bit at other cosmetic surgeries forums.. Non are full of all this semi-philosofical bullcrap about heightism or to search for a better way to get boobs bigger or nose smaller. All are simply forums of people sharing experiences and info regarding the surgery itself.

last year we saw a single troll ravage this forum and a bunch of incels,moralists, and other wakos pratically flooding this forum with bullcrap which has nothing to do with LL.

Post in r/short not here

Edit:
  Also, there isn't a reason for scientists to discover new ways to make you grow taller since being at your height of 5'5 or mine of 5'7.5 is not a disease. We are not handicapped. Just like there isn't a miracle way to make every women have double DDs there isn't going to be a magical pill to make every man 6' for the simple reason there is no reason for it.
 Being short is not a handicap. Being less sxxually desirable is not a handicap (If it was, we wouldn't be giving birth to the ton of ugly kids walking the streets today with all the pre natal screening tests that exist).
  No body, including me is going to take this "heightism" thing seriously because it's not real. Sticking "ism" in the end of a word doesnt make it become some kind of a reality. In this sense there would also be "Uglism", "smellism", smalldckism", "hairylegism" etc...
  Get real

It already is like r/short.

More "I hate my life cause im short" threads than actual LL threads.

I sign under this

I tried adding some positivity there and everyone just crap on me lol. It's like they want to wallow in misery

Because complaining is easy. Unfortunately it's not the most effective way of getting taller

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »

Even though I dont agree with what everyone is saying I am glad that we are actually discussing and for that I thank you guys.

You are right this is a LL forum and that I respect. And you do make good points, and I agree shortness is not a disease (unless you have dwarfism). However, we do have the human right too reach and search for ways to better ourselves. If being short was not an issue surely limb lengthening would not be growing, you are on a limb lengthening forum. LL is about making people grow taller, the idea is already here and it is never going away. I am not self pitying and if I come off as that I apologize. I am going too reach my fullest potential in life regardless of my height, I plan on being a rich superstar and fk hot bitches and do everything I want. However all I am saying is that this is obviously a market that is attracting more and more people why dont we try and get a safer market? Everything else is becoming safer why dont we try and look for a safer approach cause it is out there and it will be out there one day but in order to get there we have to start somewhere. All I am saying...

and for the person who said too state these studies, just google short men studies and the whole first page are studies on why "short men come up short" I am not going too let those studies define me though ofcourse. Plus I dont know too many men looking too get it in with African tribal women.

Anyways you are right this is a limb lengthening forum, all I meant was that this forum essentially is for people trying to grow taller. And I am saying that I think we have the human right too ask and find a way too make this market safer, like I said it will happen eventually.
If any of you could point me to a better site you think would help me?
I do appreciate the dialouge.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2017, 09:09:19 PM »

And again..If I sound like I am pitying myself I really do not mean too come off as that. For me it is the opposite. People who self pity want people too do the work for them, when in actuality they dont really see a positive future. I believe anything I set my mind on I can acclompish. Sure some things may be a   ton harder to acclompish than other things, but persistance is key. And that is what I am trying too acclompish, just a better way of bettering peoples lives, instead of bitching trying too make a difference.

Jack1066

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 09:14:34 PM »

No short guys definitely are discriminated against socially and that is wrong, it is the same reason they had body positivity for women, which in my view was overall a good thing.

But being less sxxually desirable, I agree, the fact that guys are complaining about THAT over the fact they are getting paid less, promoted less at work etc. or the fact that 58% of CEOs happen to be over 6 ft. Seriously, it makes me sad they don't have more self-respect.

Working yourself up about being less sxxually desirable is the very definition of a first world problem.

Body Builder

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 09:27:33 PM »

Heightism exist everywhere, someone must live in denial to not admit it.
But the only we can do is, even preLL (when it happens to us) or after (when we see someone else being mocked up for his height) to stand in our ground and ridicule the person who does it.
If every short person did that proudly and with self esteem, heightism would have been much less.

Of course, still in dating short men would have been less desirable but imo this is not as important as geting ridiculed everyday from other men for your height like you are inferior to them.

I never being ridiculed for my height when I was short but I was always ready to back myself up and never let someone insult me for something that is not my fault or something wrong generally.
Also, I never treated amy man with respect due to his height or muscles or all that, I judge people only from their character.
The appearance matters only in women for me, men are all equal and they get my respect only from their character.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 03:21:55 AM »

LL is the only reliable way to grow your height though. All ogher methods are unreliable or dangerous at the moment and height isnt as profitable as male pattern baldness or ED simply because most people arent bothered by their height that much.
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

helloworld

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2017, 10:27:38 AM »

It is true that people naturally discriminate against short men. It starts already in Kindergarden and high school, where the tall guys are the one that all the other guys want to be friends with, become the leaders, and all the girl are attracted to them.

I personally do not believe that tall men are nicers, smarter or better. However, even I have noticed the following: I saw a men sitting in a chair and talked to him, and thought he was good looking and smart and thus had high respect. But as soon as he got up and I saw he was much shorter than I expected, I could feel how my respect somehow decreased. And the exact opposite has happened again. So even though I rationally know this does not make sense, this is what naturally happens. So I believe height discrimination is something hard wired into our genes.

However, on a societal level finding ways to increase the height of the population does not solve the problem, because it is height of an individual in relation to his peer group. So for example, a man in North Korea, who is 5'6 might feel happy about his height, because he is taller than average, while a man in South Korea who is 5'7, might be unhappy about his height because he is shorter than average.

That also means that LL is no solution to the problem of height discrimination, because as some people become artificially taller, everyone else "suffers" from the increase in the average of the population. For example, imagine that 20% of the population do LL, then the people that were before close to average are now feeling really short and they also want to do LL, increasing the average even further. Finally, everyone does LL and everyone is worse off because they have to undergo a painful procedure but as the end result are comparatively to other the same as they were before.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »

It starts already in Kindergarden and high school, where the tall guys are the one that all the other guys want to be friends with, become the leaders, and all the girl are attracted to them.

I haven't observed this. It's true that some kids were popular than others, but I didn't see a correlation with height in my own experiences.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Jack1066

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »

I was popular as a teenager and I was always kinda short I guess. Except for a year when I had my growth spurt.I was chubby before then too lol. Afterwards I was skinny. I was never one of the sporty guys.

The popular kids were just the agreeable and fun ones. I got really popular as a teenager when I developed good social skills. Before then I was just weird. :-)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:24:56 PM by Jack1066 »

google42

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2017, 04:54:52 PM »

The popular kids are usually the outgoing ones who socialize more and are in more clubs/sports teams, height doesn't correlate much with popularity.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 11:14:03 PM »

LL is the only reliable way to grow your height though. All ogher methods are unreliable or dangerous at the moment and height isnt as profitable as male pattern baldness or ED simply because most people arent bothered by their height that much.
This is not true though, the reason why it isnt as profitable is simply because there is no safe and reliable way too grow someone at the moment. Infact if there was a way too increase someones height it would be just as profitable if not even more than ED or baldness its just it is easier too figure those things out. And when you say most people arent bothered by their height that just is not true. There are studies that show for every 2 inch increase in height you risk of suicide goes down by 9 percent.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »

Height does not have to be the sole reason someone is popular and it should not be, however it is easier to be popular as someone who is of average height or taller than a shorter person. This leads too greater self confidence and carries on too being more social equaling more popularity.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2017, 11:20:19 PM »

It is true that people naturally discriminate against short men. It starts already in Kindergarden and high school, where the tall guys are the one that all the other guys want to be friends with, become the leaders, and all the girl are attracted to them.

I personally do not believe that tall men are nicers, smarter or better. However, even I have noticed the following: I saw a men sitting in a chair and talked to him, and thought he was good looking and smart and thus had high respect. But as soon as he got up and I saw he was much shorter than I expected, I could feel how my respect somehow decreased. And the exact opposite has happened again. So even though I rationally know this does not make sense, this is what naturally happens. So I believe height discrimination is something hard wired into our genes.

However, on a societal level finding ways to increase the height of the population does not solve the problem, because it is height of an individual in relation to his peer group. So for example, a man in North Korea, who is 5'6 might feel happy about his height, because he is taller than average, while a man in South Korea who is 5'7, might be unhappy about his height because he is shorter than average.

That also means that LL is no solution to the problem of height discrimination, because as some people become artificially taller, everyone else "suffers" from the increase in the average of the population. For example, imagine that 20% of the population do LL, then the people that were before close to average are now feeling really short and they also want to do LL, increasing the average even further. Finally, everyone does LL and everyone is worse off because they have to undergo a painful procedure but as the end result are comparatively to other the same as they were before.

So how can you say finding a way to make people taller is not the solution? If it is hard wired into our genes which it is than how would being able to grow not be the solution?

"For example, imagine that 20% of the population do LL, then the people that were before close to average are now feeling really short and they also want to do LL, increasing the average even further. Finally, everyone does LL and everyone is worse off because they have to undergo a painful procedure but as the end result are comparatively to other the same as they were before."

But how could you say they would be worse off if they were the same as everyone else in the end result? That is exactly what their goal is in the first place when people do ll which is too get on the same page and feel normal with everyone else.

RealTrump

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2017, 01:58:36 AM »

Hi, I'm RealTrump, long time member and great LL veteran/hero.

We all hate new members because they don't bother researching or just plain dumb.

I messaged numerous LL doctors and was ready to choose between Dr.Guichet or Dr.Paley and begin with  3.5 cm on my femurs this summer.

Sent a couple e-mails, that's fantastic, seems like you are really committed to paying $100k for 3.5cm.

we need too start a movement and find the cure for this because it is out there I know it is but we will never find it sitting on our asses bitching about how things will never change.

They discovered growth hormones in the 1920s, and the Ilizarov apparatus was first used in the 1950s.

I want to be taller more than anything in the world.

Then why the hell did you write this self defeating piece of crap post. I urge you to create a new account immediately.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2017, 08:37:45 PM »

Hello RealTrump, not sure what was self defeating about this and not sure why I would need too make a new account...

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2017, 02:22:19 PM »

Yeah I dont see why you need to make a new account. Politics aside I think you should just stop sweating it.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »

Sweating what my friend?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »

You are thinking too much and in a childish way. We know the benefits of being taller and the difficulties of being short. If not we wouldn't be here. If there was a way to grow easily and safely without breaking your fking legs, we would be the first to do it. I think I prefer this forum as a concrete help for future and current LL and not to do philosophy or rant about why your crush doesn't love you.

For a 3 cm gain I suggest tall shoes...
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

google42

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »

We need to stop putting down people and making threads like these. Arguing about crap like this is not going to help anyone. This is the type of thread I should see in someplace like r/short not here.

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 01:28:37 AM »

I do not get you guys... no one is putting anyone down or thisis not a matter of philosophy. The point is, this is a forum where people are interested in height all I am saying is that maybe we need too stop being so quiet about this and start asking more questions or start being more vocal and work together too find new solutions. Thats how things get done. Yet you do not seem interested in changing things or even asking questions as it seems too offend you guys. Anyways I will move somewhere else and hopefully find more hope. God Bless

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »

I do not get you guys... no one is putting anyone down or thisis not a matter of philosophy. The point is, this is a forum where people are interested in height all I am saying is that maybe we need too stop being so quiet about this and start asking more questions or start being more vocal and work together too find new solutions. Thats how things get done. Yet you do not seem interested in changing things or even asking questions as it seems too offend you guys. Anyways I will move somewhere else and hopefully find more hope. God Bless

The thing is that most short guys would not want to join a "movement for short men" or something like that, because that would make height their defining trait. Most guys are probably raised with the belief they have to work for their success, and that nobody owes them anything. They don't define themselves as short, even if they are, that's just part of what they think about themselves as human beings. If they are comfortable with their height, they don't feel they have to join a movement, and if they're uncomfortable, they wouldn't want to exaggerate their height issues by joining a short men movement. Do you understand me?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

google42

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »

The thing is that most short guys would not want to join a "movement for short men" or something like that, because that would make height their defining trait. Most guys are probably raised with the belief they have to work for their success, and that nobody owes them anything. They don't define themselves as short, even if they are, that's just part of what they think about themselves as human beings. If they are comfortable with their height, they don't feel they have to join a movement, and if they're uncomfortable, they wouldn't want to exaggerate their height issues by joining a short men movement. Do you understand me?
Yea I agree, having a movement for us short people would probably make things worse.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »

Same here. While I appreciate movements to help minorited I cant help feeling that sometimes it can become 'othering'. Like c'mon man, we're short. We don't need another us vs them.

When I said stop sweating it I meant to not worry about your height so much. Most people aren't too concerned about height. If you really are bothered by height though, try tall shoes first.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up