Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Screening process for new members  (Read 4383 times)

Bander72

Screening process for new members
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:49:40 PM »

I think we can all agree that we are tired of the idiots that keep coming to the forum know. The ones that ask the same questions are now the lesser evil as we have guys that say that 6 feet is average, others that want to get to 6" 5 When there already 6"2. Obviously there's a chance they are just mentally I'll but the majority just come to troll the forum.

So perhaps we can have mods screen people before they can post. They can for example be able to create a account but be unable to participate in the forum until a mod views theire profile and activates the account. Another alternative can be to introduce a rep system like in the bodybuilding misc. Then all those trolls can be neged for theire troll post. They could also be restricted to post in off topic only until they have 100 post. Do you guys have another idea?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:10:20 PM by bander72 »
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

Re: Screening process for new members
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 01:43:22 PM »

I fully support this idea. Have them answer the question "Why did you register here? Why do you want LL surgery?". A moderator reviews their answer and decides if they can become members and post on the forum.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »

Agree, we dont want another reddit here.
Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 07:08:47 PM »

Lol you guys want moderators to play KGB

Besides checking posts like that would eat a lot of time and you gotta remember we don't have many mods on this forum and they are not 24/7 available robots.

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:25:59 PM »

Besides checking posts like that would eat a lot of time and you gotta remember we don't have many mods on this forum and they are not 24/7 available robots.
They should eliminate off topic section, It after all is a limb lengthening forum, although there Will be always a genius that puts women related topics in ll discussions, whatever topic not related should be eliminated And a warning to the user, after one warning comes the banning
Budget will determine my future.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 07:28:30 PM »

Why is KGB = eliminating bull  posters? They don't have to check their life story, just hear what they say and decide on their own account if the posters are legit or not. Some 16 year old kid who is 6 feet and plans LL (mentioning no names) I would not admit if I was the moderator. But that's for them to decide.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 07:41:54 PM »

How they are supposed to check if the posters are legit or not in the first place?

Let's see the possibilities:
So perhaps we can have mods screen people before they can post. They can for example be able to create a account but be unable to participate in the forum until a mod views theire profile and activates the account.

Ehh how you can know that this person is a troll without single post on troll's account lol?

Another alternative can be to introduce a rep system like in the bodybuilding misc. Then all those trolls can be neged for theire troll post.

This system has a lot of flaws(reddit is the biggest example). You gotta remember that unpopular opinions(but not a troll one) are easly downvoted aswell so in a long run it can limit the discussion.

Have them answer the question "Why did you register here? Why do you want LL surgery?". A moderator reviews their answer and decides if they can become members and post on the forum.

Well this one im just gonna comment with this:

So honestly, the only thing that could improve the level of discussion(which i guess you aim for) is leaving the current system in peace but moderators should just be more rigorous.
It's just my opinion doe, not my forum after all.

google42

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 08:16:14 PM »

i think screening and enforcing something like this is gonna be impossible. Also I think we should leave the off topic section at least for now, its good to have some off topic discussions here and there and to get peoples opinions on this forum.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »

Obviously it's not gonna be perfect. Some bad apples will fall through, but at least it would help to weed out some really horrible posters that would only spread nonsense here. And this forum isn't that big, the moderators could take the work. Altough you made me chuckle with that video.  :P

doomsday

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 09:39:41 PM »

the problem is that people who never did LL or even had a LL consultation give advice to other people that most likely will never do LL. This forum is a complete  joke. In the old forum people giving advice were actually former LL patients. This one is filled with kids and utter loser venting out about their miserable life. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:50:34 PM by doomsday »

Chris

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 12:09:53 AM »

the problem is that people who never did LL or even had a LL consultation give advice to other people that most likely will never do LL. This forum is a complete  joke. In the old forum people giving advice where actually former LL patients. This one is filled with kids and utter loser venting out about their miserable life.

Even if you did LL (proven), many users still don't want to listen, because the down-to-earth information you give doesn't meet their fantasies.
And then there are the ones who claim to be former LL patients, but never give any proof like pictures/x-rays, which I think, is a big issue as well, especially when their stories don't add up.

I don't think that screening new members would solve anything. There are many registered lurkers who never post anything, which is okay I think, because they don't harm anyone.
But this community needs some "special rights" management for those who have done LL (proven) or have contributed a lot.
There needs to be an area where only those can post/edit and everyone else can just read to build up more truthful content.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 03:45:41 AM »

I also disagree with screening new members. I think a warning or strike system would be much better.
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

Overdozer

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 07:52:58 AM »

the problem is that people who never did LL or even had a LL consultation give advice to other people that most likely will never do LL. This forum is a complete  joke. In the old forum people giving advice were actually former LL patients. This one is filled with kids and utter loser venting out about their miserable life.
Agreed. I say everyone who did LL and can prove it with a few x-rays should be given a special "LL veteran" badge, that way people could distinguish valuable advice from trash. Also the venting has to stop. This is a LL forum after all and we mainly should have LL information here. For discussing average, perfect height you can go to /r/short though you'll probably get downvoted because they don't like crapposts either. People bringing "redpill" discussions should be straight banned imo, as they are clearly here to troll.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 08:20:03 AM »

Alright if there is not a vetting process for new members then warning and bans need to be better enforced. One example is the not important vs monegal debate. At first it was funny and he brought good evidence such as the physical therapist without a license but enough is enough with the constant bashing from both sides. Also the delusional rambles like the Italian guy that thinks he's the equivalent of 5 5 when he's 177 cm.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 08:28:13 AM »

But this community needs some "special rights" management for those who have done LL (proven) or have contributed a lot.
There needs to be an area where only those can post/edit and everyone else can just read to build up more truthful content.

Agreed. I say everyone who did LL and can prove it with a few x-rays should be given a special "LL veteran" badge, that way people could distinguish valuable advice from trash.

Dumb idea. Being LL veteran doesn't mean that you will be right about everything. The biggest example of that is Apo.

For discussing average, perfect height you can go to /r/short though you'll probably get downvoted because they don't like crapposts either.

People discussing about height on a forum related to surgerical procedure which increases height! What a horror!!111

doomsday

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »

Dumb idea. Being LL veteran doesn't mean that you will be right about everything. The biggest example of that is Apo.

I read the old forum for over 5 years and by that I mean 90% of the diaries from the first page to the last one. Additionally I read pubmed and did as much research as I could to gain knowledge( unlike lazy beta males I wasn't asking if 9 cm is too much, because I had enough information to know better what is good and what is bad)

When I got LL all that wasn't even half of what I learned during lengthening and consolidation... Obviously you know better since you never did LL...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 12:29:10 PM »

I read the old forum for over 5 years and by that I mean 90% of the diaries from the first page to the last one. Additionally I read pubmed and did as much research as I could to gain knowledge( unlike lazy beta males I wasn't asking if 9 cm is too much, because I had enough information to know better what is good and what is bad)

When I got LL all that wasn't even half of what I learned during lengthening and consolidation... Obviously you know better since you never did LL...

Problem with supposed LL veterans is that some can be fake or just dishonest and hiding facts.
  Old forum fiasco aside, one of the recent cases here is Tolly and his fake diary which led chris to do surgery with an incompetent doc.

I learned some stuff during this time

Bander72

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 01:25:03 PM »

And let's also consider that vietnamese guy diary. While he seems sincere some facts did not add up like where that company that he recommended said that the nails used were from America and very strong.

doomsday

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 04:37:38 PM »

Problem with supposed LL veterans is that some can be fake or just dishonest and hiding facts.
  Old forum fiasco aside, one of the recent cases here is Tolly and his fake diary which led chris to do surgery with an incompetent doc.
where is tollys diary?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »

where is tollys diary?

Somewhere in the forum. He went to India spinal injury center

doomsday

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 06:19:37 PM »

Somewhere in the forum. He went to India spinal injury center
I found  it and it looks very suspicious.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »

A lot of diaries here are suspecious. Even past Guichet diaries which made me rethink him long ago (And I now see I was right to rethink him).

Same goes with many russian and eastern european doctors.
 Even a few monegal threads are suspecious but others (Like Yagen and the Emo/goth guy seem legit to me).

Its a gamble in the end. But one can atleast save himself some risk by skipping third world countries as a whole

taieruya

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 06:33:08 PM »

What I really would like to see is a way of verifying diaries. There are too many diaries that I've come across with no photos, and very little detail. It makes me kind of nervous.
Hoping to do LL in 2019 or 2020.

google42

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »

A lot of diaries here are suspecious. Even past Guichet diaries which made me rethink him long ago (And I now see I was right to rethink him).

Same goes with many russian and eastern european doctors.
 Even a few monegal threads are suspecious but others (Like Yagen and the Emo/goth guy seem legit to me).

Its a gamble in the end. But one can atleast save himself some risk by skipping third world countries as a whole

There's really no way to know if someone is telling 100% truth unless they provide solid proof. 

Also, would Russia kind of count as a 3rd world country or not? I'm kind of uneasy about Russia.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 07:15:54 PM »

There's really no way to know if someone is telling 100% truth unless they provide solid proof. 

Also, would Russia kind of count as a 3rd world country or not? I'm kind of uneasy about Russia.
[/quote

This is why people should seek info about the docs outside of the forum...

Chris

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »

The problem with Tolly's diary is that Dr. Deepak told me that they recently had a patient who did 8cm on tibia with them, they even offered me to meet their two former patients.
The picture showing Tolly's legs is also legit, I can recognize the background as a room/bed in the ISIC.
But Tolly exaggerated a lot, apparently.
My final decision to have the surgery with Dr. Deepak wasn't because of Tolly's diary though.
Dr. Deepak and his team appeared very trustworthy to me when I had my consultation with him.
According to the protocol from my surgery, Dr. Deepak didn't f*ck up my left leg, it was one of his assistants.
Dr. Deepak is skilled, but his team isn't and Dr. Deepak didn't check his assistant's work properly.
But okay, this goes too far now, it was about Tolly.

I'm a real LL-patient.

doomsday

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 11:41:59 PM »

The problem with Tolly's diary is that Dr. Deepak told me that they recently had a patient who did 8cm on tibia with them, they even offered me to meet their two former patients.
The picture showing Tolly's legs is also legit, I can recognize the background as a room/bed in the ISIC.
But Tolly exaggerated a lot, apparently.
My final decision to have the surgery with Dr. Deepak wasn't because of Tolly's diary though.
Dr. Deepak and his team appeared very trustworthy to me when I had my consultation with him.
According to the protocol from my surgery, Dr. Deepak didn't f*ck up my left leg, it was one of his assistants.
Dr. Deepak is skilled, but his team isn't and Dr. Deepak didn't check his assistant's work properly.
But okay, this goes too far now, it was about Tolly.

Do you have Stockholm syndrome or something? One leg is right to other so Deepak could easily see what his assistant was doing? Deepak saw your leg and though it was ok when it wasn't. For doing that he proved to be completely incompetent. So dont defend him...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 12:32:17 AM by doomsday »

Bander72

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 11:46:19 PM »

Yeah what kind of doctor would leave all the work to a assistant and not check their work. He obviously thougth  it was okay or even worse was so imcompetent to not even check at all and how can you be sure that things happen that way. For all you know he did both legs but fked up with one, ive read diarys where one leg for some reason has more complications than the other.

Chris

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 12:30:51 AM »

I didn't write this in defense of doctor Deepak. I was clarifying what happened because you talked about me.
I'm a real LL-patient.

realpatient

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »

Some people accuse me of trolling but I'm a real patient but I don't know how to prove because I don't want mi identity exposed for fear. It's also true some users here are real people but they lie. Others are directly fake users and clone accounts.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up