Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Betzs doctor was forgotten?  (Read 3228 times)

Betzs doctor was forgotten?
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »

In the old forum he is very popular, in the new forum does not seem to have much information about him, what is his shortcoming?

Bigpoppapump

Re: Betzs doctor was forgotten?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »

I'm not certain but from diaries I read he did seem to let people lengthen insane amounts

doomsday

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

He has got more patients than ever but  people simply dont want to share their stories since the forum is full of immature low IQ idiots(in majority). Also almost everything has been already said regarding LL with Betz.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 03:19:50 PM »

He has got more patients than ever but  people simply dont want to share their stories since the forum is full of immature low IQ idiots(in majority). Also almost everything has been already said regarding LL with Betz.

How do you know that he has many more patients now than before?
I learned some stuff during this time

doomsday

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »

I had consultation with him 12 months ago.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

I had consultation with him 12 months ago.

So why in the end you decided not to go with him? Was it because of money? Since even though he has some issues with morality, he is still a good surgeon.
I learned some stuff during this time

doomsday

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 05:49:44 PM »

So why in the end you decided not to go with him? Was it because of money? Since even though he has some issues with morality, he is still a good surgeon.
yep, money.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 12:24:47 AM »

yep, money.

I heard alot of people saying his ridiculously expensive. He is expensive but not that expensive. His prices haven't rose to guichet/paley's level have they?

Body Builder

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 01:18:19 AM »

I heard alot of people saying his ridiculously expensive. He is expensive but not that expensive. His prices haven't rose to guichet/paley's level have they?
I think he charges about 50k euros which are a lot but of course less than Guichet who use the same nail.

If I had to choose between Betz and Guichet I would easily choose the first to be honest.

helloworld

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »

I got this email from him. Price is 42,000 euro.
But that was 8 years ago, June 2009, so prices could have changed:
Thank you for your inquiries. Here is some information about cosmetic limb lengthening at the Betz institute.

Our patients can gain up to 4 inches (10 cm.) in one operation on upper legs (femurs) or lower legs (tibias). Patients may also gain a total of 8 inches (20 cm.) in 2 operations.

1 operation on femur for 4 inches (10 cm.)
2nd operation on tibias for 4 inches (10 cm.) The amount of gain in tibias may vary from patient to patient. In many cases it is advised by Prof. Dr. Betz to lengthen up to 6-6.5 cm. in tibias.

Patients gain an average of 7-10 cm. in one bone region at the Betz institute.

The rate of lengthening is 1 millimeter per day. Every 10 days is 1 cm. Patients can gain up to 10 cm. (4 inches) in 3 ½ months.

Patients have the option of staying at the residential center at the Betz institute, rehabilitation clinic, an apartment near by, or with a local family. The prices vary depending on where you stay.

Patients can also return home after their hospital stay once they feel comfortable with the lengthening. Patients can lengthen in Germany in or near our institute or return home to lengthen. Many of our patients return home shortly after the hospital stay. It is possible for our patients to return home to lengthen 2-3 weeks after their operation.

The Albizzia, internal device used by Prof. Dr. Betz is preferred for cosmetic limb lengthening because of its many advantages. The device is completely internal, allows for immediate weight bearing, patients do not require the use of a wheelchair and may use crutches from the day after the operation, allows for a 10 cm. 4 inch gain, has extremely small scars, minimal risk of infection, simple design to eliminate risk of mechanical failure, patients are in complete control of the rate of distraction, easy monitoring and controlling, allows patients to return to home, work, or school sooner than any other device.

The internal device is the only device that allows patients full weight bearing in combination with the use of crutches during the lengthening. Other devices require the use of a wheelchair or expensive, specially made orthopedic device during and after the lengthening phase.

The recovery depends on the amount of gain. After the lengthening the bone takes approx. 6-8 weeks to consolidate enough for patients to begin walking without crutches. Please note that this time frame may vary.

Here is the timeframe of a typical limb lengthening patient
Operation/rest = 1 day
Hospital = typically 6-10 (patients can stay up to 14 days)
Lengthening = 1 millimeter per day, 3 cm. per month.
Consolidation = typically 6-8 weeks (this phase may be longer)

The whole procedure costs approx. 42,000 euros and covers the entire operation, implants, hospital stay up to 14 days, physical therapy during the hospital stay, and Prof. Dr. Betz post-operative visits. The cost to lengthen both femurs (upper legs) is approx. 42,000 euros. The cost to lengthen both tibias (lower legs) is approx. 45,000 euros.

Prof. Dr. Betz is the most experienced limb lengthening surgeon in the world with internal devices. Cosmetic limb lengthening is a routine procedure for Prof. Dr. Betz in which he has performed over 320 procedures approx. 5-7 procedures per month   
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »

I think he charges about 50k euros which are a lot but of course less than Guichet who use the same nail.

If I had to choose between Betz and Guichet I would easily choose the first to be honest.

as of 2014 its been 52k euros for tibias if i recall correctly and same

Datum

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 04:31:24 PM »

There are some people who hate Dr Betz but he's not that bad and has good results
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

YungGud

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 11:11:37 AM »

Fresh information about prices of Dr.Betz

Our patients can gain up to 4-5 inches (10-12 cm) in one operation on both upper legs (femurs) and about 3-4 inches (7-9 cm) in both lower legs (tibias).

The rate of lengthening is 1 millimetre per day in femurs and about 0.7 mm in tibias. Every 10 days is 1 cm or 0.7 cm. Patients can gain up to 10 cm  (4 inches) in 3 ½ months in femur.

You have the option of staying at the residential centre at the Betz Institute, rehabilitation clinic, an apartment nearby, or with a local family. The prices vary depending on where you stay. In the rehab clinic it is 150 € per day including full accommodation, physical therapy and medication.

Patients can also return home after their hospital stay once they feel comfortable with the lengthening. Patients can lengthen in Germany in or near our institute or return home to lengthen. Many of our patients return home shortly after the hospital stay. It is possible for our patients to return home to lengthen 4-5 weeks after their operation.

The internal device  „Betzbone“ used by Prof. Dr. Betz is preferred for cosmetic limb lengthening because of its many advantages. The device is completely internal, allows for immediate weight bearing, patients do not require the use of a wheelchair and may use crutches from the day after the operation and allows for a 12cm/ 4-5 inch gain. You can walk from the first day after surgery. It has extremely small scars, a minimal risk of infection and a simple design to eliminate risk of mechanical failure. Patients are in complete control of the rate of distraction, easy monitoring and controlling allows patients to return to home, work or school sooner than any other device. Depending on your work – do have to walk a lot or more sitting work – you can start your work/life activities soon. There is normally nothing against to work during recovery period.

The internal device is the only device that allows patients full weight bearing in combination with the use of crutches during the lengthening. Other devices require the use of a wheelchair or expensive, specially made orthopaedic device during and after the lengthening phase.

The recovery depends on the amount of gain. After the lengthening the bone takes approx. 6-8 weeks to consolidate enough for patients to begin walking without crutches. Please note that this time frame may vary.

Here is the timeframe of a typical limb lengthening patient for both femurs  at the same time:
Operation/rest = 1 day
Hospital = typically 10-14 days
Lengthening = 1 millimetre per day, 3 cm per month.
Consolidation = typically 8-12 weeks (this phase may be longer)

Concerning pain: the pain feeling is different in every patient but all of our patients receive pain medication and muscle relaxant so there is no need to bear pain.

The whole procedure of both femurs costs approx. 49.100 Euro and covers the entire operation, implants, hospital stay up to 14 days, physical therapy during the hospital stay, and Prof. Dr. Betz post-operative visits. The cost to lengthen both tibias (lower legs) is approx. 52.700 Euro.

Prof. Dr. Betz is the most experienced limb lengthening surgeon in the world with internal devices. Cosmetic limb lengthening is a routine procedure for Prof. Dr. Betz in which he has performed over 800 procedures approx. 8-10 procedures per month.  Every operation has a risk. But this surgery is a used operation for us. We provide limb lengthenings since  about 20 years. Complications are seldom and we never had a big complication like infection or loss or malfunction of a limb etc.                                                   

We encourage all potential patients to come for a consultation and visit our facility (hospital, residential centre, rehabilitation centre), see the accommodations, and meet current patients during different stages of lengthening so that they can see the results for themselves. When patients come for their consultations they have the option of having their picture taken for the purpose of manipulating it for patients to see what they would look like with different gains.
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

onemorefoot

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »

Hasnt he crippled Metanoia And Apo? How is he a good surgeon?  Am I missing something?
Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 05:29:11 PM »

Our patients can gain up to 4-5 inches (10-12 cm) in one operation on both upper legs (femurs) and about 3-4 inches (7-9 cm) in both lower legs (tibias).

Pages: [1]   Go Up