Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can you take anxiety medicine with lengthening?  (Read 1783 times)

p89

• Visitor
can you take anxiety medicine with lengthening?
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:27:20 AM »

hello all,

i have met 2 doctors about limb lengthening and both have agreed to do operation on me. however even though i know this surgery will help me (i am 5'3" and want to become at least 5'5"), i can not make up my mind. i get bad dreams while sleeping. i feel i am doing something wrong my cutting myself open.

but every day at this height is very uncomfortable. my life is on hold because i am not excited to do anything. i just keep dragging on, one day to the next.

i imagine that people will make fun of me at the hospital, people with real deformities will stare at me.

i think the only way for me to solve this problem is to take some anxiety medicine to calm my tit$ down. then i will do limb lengthening and solve this problem. is it ok to take anxiety medicine before and while lengthening? will doctors allow this?

asfastaslight

Re: can you take anxiety medicine with lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 06:00:07 AM »

Something like xanax probably isn't a good idea since it's addictive your in a ton of pain.  It would be easy to be in a state of mind where you take the whole body mistakenly.  Would have the doc
Control you taking it.  If you need Meds to reduce anxiety you probably won't be strong enough for this.  Maybe consider not taking Meds or the surgery who knows maybe you can take pain but social anxiety is worse than physical pain to you ?  Try seeing if a doc allows it there is a thread of docs on the forum I can't link it on my iPhone in bed best of luck.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 07:09:28 AM »

From my experience, the discomfort of leg lengthening is so constant and your mood becomes so pissy that the last thing you care about is what other people think of you for doing this.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 08:20:59 AM »

i am not speaking aobut social anxiety (even though that is a small part of it - how people in the clinic will think of me). it is more of health anxiety. everyone in the hospital was a little taken a back by me request to make me taller. if i wanted knee replacement, they would have assured me better but for this were all like "are you sure you want this". that makes me feel i am screwing myself up. if someone is as assuring as doctor paley then it might feel more comfortable/

i want anxiety pills until i undergo surgery. after that i do not know how i will feel. if it is too much to handle after operation then i will think. but until then i am stuck in limbo. 90% of time i am certain i want it. other 10% i feel i am in a surreal place where i am planning to get butchered.

even though i am in india and quite young i have saved up so much money by sheer hard work. i have made sure my career will not get affected by surgery. but i am not able to make the last push to ease my suffering. i need anxiety pills to push through surgery

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »

What's the name of a medicine

alps

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:11 AM »

I don't think it's a great idea to take them regularly during lengthening (because drug interactions, withdrawal). But for your consultation, may be you can pop in a pill if it helps you talk with the doctor calmly.

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 04:45:24 AM »

What's the name of a medicine

xanax, valium, etc

jbc

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 05:29:39 AM »

I take a benzodiazepine for anxiety. I asked Dr. Paley about it and he said it's fine to continue that treatment regimen. May depend on each person.

(disclosure: I am not a Dr., not intended medical advice, check with your Dr., etc. etc.).

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 07:38:22 PM »

jbc are you on a long term treatment for anxiety? i also was one time but i left it because i did not want to take so many pills.

i think you should get it out of your blood stream before surgery?

are you sure there will be no drug interactions later on during length increasing?

jbc

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 04:51:51 AM »

jbc are you on a long term treatment for anxiety? i also was one time but i left it because i did not want to take so many pills.

i think you should get it out of your blood stream before surgery?

are you sure there will be no drug interactions later on during length increasing?

I've been taking benzodiazepines for anxiety (caused by a chemical imbalance) under a tightly controlled and supervised regimen through my Dr. for many years.

Again, I'm not a Dr., and not responsible, etc., my experience only, but Dr. Paley said it's fine, he mentioned he prescribes it to patients for pre-surgical anxiety. The hard anesthetics are so much stronger anyway, this would not make a difference.

I listed all the medications I take on the pre-surgery consultation and Dr. Paley had no issues. No drug interactions during lengthening either. Same with Dr. Rozbruch (I consulted with him recently to obtain a second opinion, he is absolutely stellar). We're really lucky to have these two world class surgeons in the US.
Pages: [1]   Go Up