Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 1485 times)

Gingerbeard_man

• Visitor
Advice needed
« on: June 04, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »

Hi all,

Hoping to get a bit of advice...

I am a male, 30 years of age standing at a short 5'1. I live in Australia and as you probably already know internal LL surgery cannot be done here.

Question 1)
However, I am have a Northern Irish passport. I assume this allows me to live in Europe and easily apply for medical cover? Would any of you know anything about this?

Question 2)
Shall I be able to get medical cover in Europe, what doctors that do internal (preferably precipe 2 if possible) LL surgery would you recommend?

I'd love to gain another 3-5 inches in height so I understand I may need to have both tibia and femur done over 2 separate time frames. I am however in no rush, but would love to be able to start saving away $$ and planning.

Advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Body Builder

Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »

I don't know if at your height you deserve a medical cover.
But even if you do, it would be for the country you have a passport.
In North Ireland I don't know if there are doctors who do LL, probably there are but noone is mentioned in this forum.

For 40-50 k euros you can do internals with good doctors in Italy, Spain and S. Africa (India is a no option for me).

Gingerbeard_man

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:49:39 AM »

Hi body builder,

I am short as a result of multiple medical conditions from my younger years which shunted my growth. I may or may not get medical cover but it's worth finding out, even if it's going to cover minor things.

I have a Northern Irish passport which is basically a U.K. and EU passport meaning I can live anywhere in Europe or the UK and I THINK I can get medical cover under that passport. So with that being said, what doctors (for internals)  can be recommended in either the EU or U.K at a reasonable cost? I would prefer to go to America but I'll have to write that one off because it will cost me too much.

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:57 AM »

Hi body builder,

I am short as a result of multiple medical conditions from my younger years which shunted my growth. I may or may not get medical cover but it's worth finding out, even if it's going to cover minor things.

I have a Northern Irish passport which is basically a U.K. and EU passport meaning I can live anywhere in Europe or the UK and I THINK I can get medical cover under that passport. So with that being said, what doctors (for internals)  can be recommended in either the EU or U.K at a reasonable cost? I would prefer to go to America but I'll have to write that one off because it will cost me too much.
Not many. Pili in Italy and maybe Monegal in Spain but there is a lot of controversy around the second doctor so there is not a sure option.
But both have good cases (with the second one there are a lot of diaries on this forum) and a reasonable cost

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 03:08:18 AM »

If I were you, I would go to de Birkholtz for femurs and for externals Italy, dont go anywhere else, all patients from Pili have been good, no complications so far, South África doctor is in my opinion very good too.
Budget will determine my future.

Datum

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:00:09 PM »

Go to Dr Pili if you want Europe. The Spanish one is controversial for many ethical and medical reasons. I wouldn't choose him ever.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Gingerbeard_man

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 05:19:52 AM »

South Africa could be another good option. I was born there and although I don't have my passport anymore I could potentially score free accomodation with friends, family friends or cousins. Does the South African doctor do internals precise 2? I'll read up on Dr Pili.

I just measured my height at 153cm. Wingspan 159cm. Do you think I'd look out of proportion adding an extra 3in to femurs and 2.5in to tibia's?

Is there a way i can take my photo and accurately add the extra length to get an idea?

I'm doing my research and hoping when the business is capable of running on it's own that I can go and get the surgery done. It would be between 1-2 years.

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 05:35:02 AM »

Don't hate me for this, but 153cm is 5 feet. 155 is 5'1.

Whether you can add that much or not depends on your proportions. If you could upload a picture with your face cropped, maybe someone here will make mockups for you- or at least we'll try to gauge whether you're short legged or not. I can fully understand why you'd care about height over proportion at your height though.

Gingerbeard_man

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 05:41:18 AM »

No hate! lol

I realise it's 5 foot... I actually think I've shrunk cause I used to measure in at 154.5cm unless the book slipped down a bit when I stood out and marked.

No worries! I'll try get a pic up in the next 24hrs.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up