Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportions - Opinions [LL]  (Read 5610 times)

jakejake98

Proportions - Opinions [LL]
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:48:17 AM »

I've been on this site before, just coming back to see you guys opinions.

My arm length is around 76~ cm, my height is 170.5 cm, my dad's height is around 180, my mum is around 160.

Here's a new picture I just made: http://i.imgur.com/YGrGsse.png
Here's another picture I made: http://i.imgur.com/dFFiXeH.png

I just want you guys opinion on this lengthening.
Bare in mind the first picture I'm not sure how much I lengthened, but in the second one I stand at 180cm tall.

I'm 16 and I don't notice a lot of growing, I was also thinking in getting human growth hormones in order to grow a few more cm, is this convenient and will it work? Please let me know, thank you guys!

Also, how is my torso? Short/long/average? My legs will look somewhat long, but they would look in proportion in a way? And what about my arm length?

hammad555

• Visitor
Re: Proportions - Opinions [LL]
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:55:23 AM »

Personally I think in the first picture you look fine, but in the second picture, idk if it's because how zoomed in the picture originally is, but it seems excessive. Had I had to guess the height of the second photo I would've though that was a 6'8 guy, but 5'11 isn't stand out tall at all, so I think it's just the photo that makes it look outrageous. You might look fine at 180 cm, but then again thats just my observation.

hammad555

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 03:58:15 AM »

Actually looking at it again I think you can pull it off. I'm sure others here will say it's too much, but they're overly critical about the whole LL thing. Average person wouldn't notice a thing about your proportions if you go to 180 cm.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 05:17:47 PM »

Whats your sitting height

jakejake98

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 03:57:38 AM »

I think my sitting height is about 92 cm (Measured by my mum, she said 92cm)
But I've got a 6'2 friend and my sitting height is the same as him. But then I've got another 6'2 friend and his sitting height is quite bigger than mine. So I think my sitting height is pretty suitable for a 180 person as I have shorter legs than all of my 168~+ cm friends, meaning I should be suitable for this operation (based on perception of the eye, because if I had really long legs already, then I wouldn't be suitable). I think I'm obsessed, everywhere I go I'm always looking around for people with bigger torsos than me and who is or wouldn't be suitable for LL.

Btw, I measured my arm length again yesterday, it is around 76cm, which I've heard it's the average for a 180 person?
My dad says I'm likely to grow at an older age because he was short until 19, but I don't believe this. It's highly unlikely I'll grow 10cm at the age of 16 until I'm 19.

Also my arm length is pretty long, but I've noticed, my hands are actually pretty small.
If you guys had to make an estimate, how tall will I grow at the end of my growing? I'm around 170.5~ cm right now, 76-77cm arm length, kind of short legs, but my dad is short-legged. I binge drink and smoke every Friday sometimes Saturday (will this be a high factor to stunting, or is that just a myth?)

In addition, I also sleep like a 3am~ every night but I have sleeps throughout the day as well.

Also can someone please tell me exactly how arm length is measured? I measure from the top of my middle finger to the top of my acromion bone
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:27:18 AM by jakejake98 »

jakejake98

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 04:23:43 AM »

Guys I measured my wingspan and I'm pissed :/, why the hell is my arm length around 76-77 cm but then my wingspan is 170cm? My arms look pretty long, but if I have to have an operation in my arms as well, I don't mind. +5m cm in each arm and +5 cm in Tibia and Femur, so I will be 100% proportional, but that would make my arm length 81 cm which is the arm length of a 183-185+ person.

Also if you see the second picture I posted above, does it look like my '170 cm wingspan' could handle me being 180? Because my arm length is pretty long and I wouldn't have expected to have a 170cm wingspan.

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 06:42:20 AM »

maybe your shoulder width is not a lot, wingspan is not only arm length. About you growing, dont know, if Lucky an inch. The fact that you are short legged should worry you, the last part growing is trunk, at least you are not a freaking Monster like me with a 96 cm of Sitting height, I am the really short legged. I do recommended this surgery for you at your height, but keep rational, dont wait to gain 180 cm in one segment( do you know Apotheosis? Ok, take a look), with one surgery in femurs would be enough Imao.
Budget will determine my future.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »

maybe your shoulder width is not a lot, wingspan is not only arm length. About you growing, dont know, if Lucky an inch. The fact that you are short legged should worry you, the last part growing is trunk, at least you are not a freaking Monster like me with a 96 cm of Sitting height, I am the really short legged. I do recommended this surgery for you at your height, but keep rational, dont wait to gain 180 cm in one segment( do you know Apotheosis? Ok, take a look), with one surgery in femurs would be enough Imao.

Aren't you fat? That's why you have a 96cm sitting height
I learned some stuff during this time

jakejake98

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »

Wait why should being short legged worry me, doesn't that just make me more suitable for this surgery? My trunk being even larger and my legs not, so my legs can be more proportionate.

I'm thinking of 5cm in tibias and 5cm and femurs, I'm very determined for this surgery. I hate my height, im very insecure about it, so the pain won't stop me from doing it. Only thing in my mind is my proportions, are they good?

I'll be doing this surgery at the age 17 if I'm doing it.

jakejake98

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »

Also I'm wondering how much would 2 surgeries cost? 5cm femur 5cm tibias (with a good doctor - name them if possible as well, thanks)

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »

Wait why should being short legged worry me, doesn't that just make me more suitable for this surgery? My trunk being even larger and my legs not, so my legs can be more proportionate.

I'm thinking of 5cm in tibias and 5cm and femurs, I'm very determined for this surgery. I hate my height, im very insecure about it, so the pain won't stop me from doing it. Only thing in my mind is my proportions, are they good?

I'll be doing this surgery at the age 17 if I'm doing it.
I wrote that you should be worried, becuase you probably wont grow more than am inch of your trunk is that Big. For the surgery yes, your proportions are ok. Why dont you wait at least  until 18?

jakejake98

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 04:37:23 AM »

Bump: I'm wondering how much would 2 surgeries cost? 5cm femur 5cm tibias (with a good doctor - name them if possible as well, thanks)

onemorefoot

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 05:01:40 AM »

If you do It in usa the cost for two segments can be as higher as 200 k USD with precice 2, that price can be lowered ir you have insurance. If you go to another country everything Will be Cheaper And can be at a good level. I would recommend the use of external fixators in the lower legs, Internal tibias are not very recommended And just internal nails for femurs.

jakejake98

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 05:40:06 AM »

If you do It in usa the cost for two segments can be as higher as 200 k USD with precice 2, that price can be lowered ir you have insurance. If you go to another country everything Will be Cheaper And can be at a good level. I would recommend the use of external fixators in the lower legs, Internal tibias are not very recommended And just internal nails for femurs.
'My' Budget is somewhere below 100k, but I'm not taking this surgery if the doctor is not a recommended one and is well respected regarding LL. I live in Asia but I'm moving to the UK soon. Any recommended Doctors? I want to do this surgery at 17, is that possible?

Also, can the two surgeries be performed at the same time or must they be done distinctively after one limb has somewhat recovered? So if I chose to do these surgeryies at 17, at what age might I be able to walk normally?

jakejake98

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 05:42:18 AM »

Even though I'm not extremely short and I'm the average in all the world, I'm doing this to boost my confidence and be happy. I'm happy but I feel as if I'm not myself, all my male family is tall except me. Even my uncle is 194 cm and my Brother is about 187cm, but I'm 170~. I know I'm 16 but my Brother was about 178 when he was 15 and a half. And 165 when he was around 12.

Also what exactly is 'insurance' for LL? My dad's company always pays expenses for Hospitals etc, but this surgery is cosmetic , so I bet they won't pay for it.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 08:58:46 AM »

Insurance won't pay for the surgery itself, but as I understood it, post-surgery expenses such as x-rays, physiotherapy, corrective surgery after complications and locking the nail can be covered by insurances.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

jakejake98

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »

I aslo have a question, is it possible to do the surgery at the age of 17? Or will doctors not accept that?

I really want to have it at the age of 17 because then it will look 'legit' if I have it at 18, there's no way I grew 10 cm after 18.

Body Builder

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »

I aslo have a question, is it possible to do the surgery at the age of 17? Or will doctors not accept that?

I really want to have it at the age of 17 because then it will look 'legit' if I have it at 18, there's no way I grew 10 cm after 18.
There is no difference in getting taller 10 cm at 17 or 18.
Both are very rare and both won't seem very legit but still the people who will believe that you had a growth spurt at 17 they would believe the same at 18.

So no real difference between these ages. And no, I don't believe any respectable doctor would do a surgery like that to an underage boy.

jakejake98

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 02:45:06 PM »

Dr Guichet is considered a respectable doctor, right? - I got the idea of him because he said 17 himself, I've been wanting this surgery ever since 15...

I commented in one of his vids very long ago:

9 months ago
Hello there Dr, I currently stand at 168cm tall and I'm thinking in getting a limb lengthening surgery. I have some questions though:

1. How old do I have to be to get the surgery?
2. What is the tallest I can get with 1 surgery?
3. What is the max height I can reach with a surgery?
4. Where are you located?
5. How long will it take to recover and will sports and walking feel the same or will it have some difference?
7. Will people notice my arm length?
6. And finally of course, how much money will one surgery be?

Thank you in advance!
Show less
Reply 1     
 Dr Guichet
Dr Guichet8 months ago
Hi, there is no age requirements. Usually, the surgery is performed once growth stopped (~17 yo for men). The tallest you can get in one surgery is of around 10cm. Coming to a consultation would allow me to review your biological parameters and determine if this is attainable. Any height can be achieved with repeated surgeries as long as this can be performed safely. The only variable is time as your body needs to adjust to your new hight each time. I am located in both London, UK and Milan in Italy. It usually takes one full year to recover but patients who were doing sports prior to the surgery often experience much shorter recovery times. Once your bone is fully fused and your flexibility recovered there is no difference as prior to the surgery. People tend not to notice the difference in proportions. As a matter of fact there is naturally big variation in proportions (look in the streets and you'll see that many people have various proportion without us noticing it). As for the price I do not disclose it online but I would enjoy providing you with a quote. To do so please contact me at http://www.drguichet.com/contact/. If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to contact me or refer to my website: http://www.drguichet.com.
Show less

Bander72

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 12:47:45 AM »

Add another reason to avoid Guichet. Operating on minors.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 02:11:11 AM »

"No age requirements", "any height can be achieved with repeated surgeries", "no difference as prior to the surgery".

This doctor is except from greedy an irresponsible liar.
I really can't understand how someone would give so much money to a joke like him after all these and what we've seen from Unicorn and his behaviour towards her.

Jake avoid this doctor at all costs. After all with about the money he wants you can go to Paley or any other doctor in the world. Don't risk with doctors who only care about money.

jakejake98

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 05:15:50 AM »

"No age requirements", "any height can be achieved with repeated surgeries", "no difference as prior to the surgery".

This doctor is except from greedy an irresponsible liar.
I really can't understand how someone would give so much money to a joke like him after all these and what we've seen from Unicorn and his behaviour towards her.

Jake avoid this doctor at all costs. After all with about the money he wants you can go to Paley or any other doctor in the world. Don't risk with doctors who only care about money.
Now I'm considering going to Dr Paley, however, since i'm going to have 2 surgeries (Femur+Tibia) which are separated over a year. I will have 7cm femur lengthening and 6cm Tibia. Because the max increase for femur is 8 and tibia is 6.5, so I thought why not have a little more? What do you guys think? Can my body handle these proportions? Also should I consider getting arm lengthening of 6.5 cm? So I can get a wingspan of 183 cm?

hammad555

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 07:12:49 AM »

Don't do arm lengthening. It's a waste of money, time and functionality. It won't provide any benefit other than aesthetics, honestly it is not worth it. Just have your new height be over your wingspan and never think about it again. The more one thinks, the deeper they go into the hole.

jakejake98

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »

The reason why I wish to increase my arm length is cuz I'm obsesed with proportions now.
I think my body can support an increase to 13~ cm
But as you can see in the picture, my arm length is relatively short, therefore, an arm length increase of 6.5 cm
Btw me and my friend who is around 6'2 have almost the same torso length, except his legs are so much longer, his arms are longer too.
I also have the same sitting height as another 6'2 friend, and I tower my friends of 5'7 (my height) while sitting.

Here is me with only Femur/Tibia Lengthening = http://i.imgur.com/8sGZVEd.png
Here is me with Femur/Tibia Lengthening = http://i.imgur.com/0FkGxcy.png

In the picture I am about 185~cm
But my ideal height is between 181-183cm

I feel arm length is somewhat an important factor because when I tiptoe with my 6'2 friend, his arm length looks close to mine then, so if I got LL until 183 cm, my arm length would be shorter than his (while both standing up). However, I'm happy to get LL first and consider arm lengthening later in life, if there is a later.

Funny thing is, I've edited myself so much to have longer legs in pictures I send in this forum, and I've noticed how I look kinda more proportional in the edited pictures than my normal leg length. Any opinions? Thanks in advance!

BTW: The doctor that I will have surgery with (if I do), will be Dr Paley - I will try get it at age 17, and I will see whether that age is allowed or not, because I sent a long e-mail asking questions.

I'm very insecure about my height, not a day goes by without me thinking of height haha, and also; my gf (of 2 years) is 175cm~...

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »

In the vast majority of cases, arm lengthening is unnecessary. You can do it if you want and it's generally safer than leg lengthening but realize you will only do it for yourself. Nobody in the world cares about your wingspan or proportions but you. It's only on your mind.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Lord Vader

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »

Do what you must. Not even a force-user would care about proportions. When I was 6 feet tall, they wouldn't even let me join the council. Now at 6 feet 4, my powers will never again be underestimated; the Jedi council is no more
6" 4' LL veteran.
"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations"

vegeta24

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 03:15:52 PM »

I'm looking at your pictures and for some reason it looks like you lengthened your forearms in the mockup, did you indeed do this? No doctor offers forearm lengthening. I think arm lengthening is unnecessary and should only be done if your arms are noticeably short. Then again, no one even notices arm length in real life unless they're really looking, then again it will still be hard to tell. Also, you have a long humerus to forearm, so if you lengthen your humerus (because no doctor will offer forearm lengthening) then it will look odd. Arm lengthening benefits those who have long forearms/short humerus ratio. Of course, no one will most likely notice anyway.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »

Do what you must. Not even a force-user would care about proportions. When I was 6 feet tall, they wouldn't even let me join the council. Now at 6 feet 4, my powers will never again be underestimated; the Jedi council is no more

And your son finished at whooping 5'7 congrats

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2017, 09:12:37 PM »

And your son finished at whooping 5'7 congrats

He's 5'8'', very important difference.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

He's 5'8'', very important difference.

"I'm not so short. I'm 5-foot-8 in my heels. The director, George Lucas, is my size"

Mark Hamill own words

Body Builder

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2017, 10:04:16 PM »

"I'm not so short. I'm 5-foot-8 in my heels. The director, George Lucas, is my size"

Mark Hamill own words
Mark Hamill was never 5.8 even in his youth. Even he didn't admit that as yourspaceboyfriend mentioned.
He was at max 5.7 but more probably a 5.65 .

Not to mention how tall was Yoda.  :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up