Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportions - Opinions [LL]  (Read 5615 times)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Proportions - Opinions [LL]
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

He's 5'8'', very important difference.

"I'm not so short. I'm 5-foot-8 in my heels. The director, George Lucas, is my size"

Mark Hamill own words

Body Builder

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2017, 10:04:16 PM »

"I'm not so short. I'm 5-foot-8 in my heels. The director, George Lucas, is my size"

Mark Hamill own words
Mark Hamill was never 5.8 even in his youth. Even he didn't admit that as yourspaceboyfriend mentioned.
He was at max 5.7 but more probably a 5.65 .

Not to mention how tall was Yoda.  :D

onemorefoot

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »

Never liked Star Wars, although the new movie was good. Lucas has been affected hay his age in someway, becuase he only does And says sh++ now, RIP.
Budget will determine my future.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2017, 10:42:25 PM »

That's too bad, I was so sure he was a good 5'8'' in his prme days and he still looked okay in the newest part.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

jakejake98

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 12:26:58 PM »

Hello guys,
Got a reply from Dr Paley's site not too long ago, here is what they said about my age and questions:

"Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It is possible to do an upper extremity lengthening. Many of our patients express initial concerns about their proportions, however, many remain happy after the lower extremity lengthening and most do not elect to undergo arm lengthening. I do not know off-hand what the cost of that would be, but I am happy to find out for you.

Yes, a combined femoral and tibial lengthening sounds like a good plan for your goals. We can perform the surgery at 17 years of age, but that will require parental consent since you will still be a minor.

Yes, the total cost for combined femoral and tibial lengthening separated by one year is $180,000. The scars are quite small, very minimal. And yes, easy to minimize with plastic surgery.

I am also attaching our FAQ on stature lengthening, though it sounds like you have already done quite a bit of research! If you have any other questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask. Also, if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Paley, please let me know.

Thank you!"

jakejake98

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 12:27:44 PM »

I'm looking at your pictures and for some reason it looks like you lengthened your forearms in the mockup, did you indeed do this? No doctor offers forearm lengthening. I think arm lengthening is unnecessary and should only be done if your arms are noticeably short. Then again, no one even notices arm length in real life unless they're really looking, then again it will still be hard to tell. Also, you have a long humerus to forearm, so if you lengthen your humerus (because no doctor will offer forearm lengthening) then it will look odd. Arm lengthening benefits those who have long forearms/short humerus ratio. Of course, no one will most likely notice anyway.
Yeah, I added two pictures; one with arm lengthening, the other one without arm lengthening just to see what the opinions were.

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2017, 04:53:24 PM »

Do not need arm Lengthening , you can swim to increase your shoulders.

vegeta24

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2017, 06:47:58 PM »

Yeah, I added two pictures; one with arm lengthening, the other one without arm lengthening just to see what the opinions were.

You cannot lengthen forearms, well you can but no doctor will do it. They will only lengthen the humerus (upper arm). So you would need to make a different picture adding length to the humerus instead of the forearm.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up