Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Documentary with Marie Gdalevitch  (Read 1701 times)

Confidence

Documentary with Marie Gdalevitch
« on: February 19, 2023, 05:43:21 PM »

Looks like LL is starting to blow up in Canada now.  I can't help but feel this will only have negative consequences as surgeons could capitalize on this exposure and raise their prices making LL even more unattainable for us who are serious about getting it done in the future.

Also the last 10 seconds was interesting; they were clearly talking about Stryde so I guess the new nail will still be titanium?  What are your guys' thoughts on this

informationispower

Re: Documentary with Marie Gdalevitch
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 06:10:44 PM »

I actually believe more exposure is for the better

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 06:36:49 PM »

I actually believe more exposure is for the better

All thats going to happen is people will talk about it more in a mocking way.  There is no way this surgery is ever going to gain acceptance.  Post Malone just did a commercial joking about it.

Think about more minor procedures like a nose job or breast implants.  Even those still have stigmas and they're super popular and have been around for a long time.  LL is another level.

And just fundamentally women have a double standard where they like to get all these procedures done basically completely changing they way they look over time, but then they want their men pure for judgment so they can pick a partner with perfect clarity.  Thats how they operate and its not going to change.  Men have the same judgement, its just that women are better at hiding it and men are oblivious.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

oklama

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2023, 07:39:49 PM »

link the post Malone commercial
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

oklama

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 07:41:11 PM »

All thats going to happen is people will talk about it more in a mocking way.  There is no way this surgery is ever going to gain acceptance.  Post Malone just did a commercial joking about it.

Think about more minor procedures like a nose job or breast implants.  Even those still have stigmas and they're super popular and have been around for a long time.  LL is another level.

And just fundamentally women have a double standard where they like to get all these procedures done basically completely changing they way they look over time, but then they want their men pure for judgment so they can pick a partner with perfect clarity.  Thats how they operate and its not going to change.  Men have the same judgement, its just that women are better at hiding it and men are oblivious.

this surgery could gain acceptance. its just going to be contentious as it already is. It would be like how trans surgery is viewed except viewed a little worse for reasons I cant quite figure out how to put into words
19 yrs old

Confidence

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 07:22:42 AM »

I agree.  It probably depends on how you define acceptance but there's a certain stigma that surrounds any kind of cosmetic procedure regardless of how intense it is.

For example when women get BBLs its generally not seen as a positive thing.  Most women aren't going to applaud another woman for getting a BBL.  If anything, it's perceived as more competition for the judging woman and they'll try to cope with it by saying a natural ass is better.  There's even a saying "built not bought" that surrounds this entire ordeal.

Not to mention you could literally see this all over instagram comments with guys ridiculing women for having a fake ass but ironically still being more attracted to them regardless lol.

Just look at this Reddit thread. You can see a definite pattern of people expressing their disfavour of BBLs similar to how people disfavour LL even though the comparison between the two isn't even close in terms of financial costs, healing time, and pain
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 07:42:47 AM by Confidence »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 09:46:29 AM »

None of these documentaries do any good for leg lengtheners. Can't imagine why anybody who does this would want to go public with it.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

informationispower

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2023, 09:49:35 AM »

None of these documentaries do any good for leg lengtheners. Can't imagine why anybody who does this would want to go public with it.

I think it is a good thing, as this eay more surgeons will feel conmfortable in offering it in first world countries thus might lower the price

hippo60

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2023, 03:43:47 PM »

I think when people hear about LL they think it's something people who are mentally ill do. Seeing examples of "normal" people doing it and understanding why can be helpful. Also, I think we, as a community, should give a lot of respect to these people who pave the way.

oklama

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2023, 08:07:27 PM »

I think when people hear about LL they think it's something people who are mentally ill do. Seeing examples of "normal" people doing it and understanding why can be helpful. Also, I think we, as a community, should give a lot of respect to these people who pave the way.

The question is... is height dysphoria a mental illness... or rational conclusion? initially I would say yeah anyone doing this is mentally ill including myself obviously.. but also there is plenty of data that confirms, as long as you are fine dealing with the pain and can be disciplined during the recovery, this is a very good choice to make as short person...

At some point though it does become a stupid thing to do but I cant say that point is really anywhere before 5'10 or 11
19 yrs old

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2023, 09:28:30 PM »

The question is... is height dysphoria a mental illness... or rational conclusion? initially I would say yeah anyone doing this is mentally ill including myself obviously.. but also there is plenty of data that confirms, as long as you are fine dealing with the pain and can be disciplined during the recovery, this is a very good choice to make as short person...

At some point though it does become a stupid thing to do but I cant say that point is really anywhere before 5'10 or 11

I am 100% sure its not a mental illness for most.  Though we all see 6 foot guys in here talking about doing LL and then I have to wonder.

But having a reaction to the way people treat you and wanting to change it is not a mental illness.  Its rational.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2023, 09:32:44 PM »

Yeah Im not a fan of people being public about this and giving "journalists" and film producers material regardless of what they say their intentions are.  The world is not going to accept this with greater transparency, all they're going to do is treat it as a freak show and sensationalize it to gain views.  This is how media works today and its not going to change for LL.

We already have proof of this if you look at Vices latest video on youtube.  They took literally the worst procedure in india or something using LON and sensationalized the f out of it.  This is how these people operate.

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2023, 10:40:02 PM »

I don't understand why guys care about what other people think. People should start talking more openly about everything, and if people think their stupid or disagrees, why should you care? My family doesn't support, and honestly I simply don't care.  ;D

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2023, 11:25:24 PM »

I don't understand why guys care about what other people think. People should start talking more openly about everything, and if people think their stupid or disagrees, why should you care? My family doesn't support, and honestly I simply don't care.  ;D

Literally every single person doing LL is getting it done for the sole reason of what people think about them.  To say we shouldnt care is just not based in reality imo.

hippo60

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 12:09:37 AM »

I'm not sure we should get into the definition of mental illness but I think you got my point. I also wouldn't judge taller people doing LL. While it's hard for me to understand as well, putting a limit is impossible. There is a reason why Rozbruch and Paley who I believe had a limit in the past don't have one anymore.

oklama

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2023, 01:26:01 AM »

I'm not sure we should get into the definition of mental illness but I think you got my point. I also wouldn't judge taller people doing LL. While it's hard for me to understand as well, putting a limit is impossible. There is a reason why Rozbruch and Paley who I believe had a limit in the past don't have one anymore.

I do judge taller people doing it, by that I mean people average or above avg height. so I would say 5'10 or above. first of all, it's either stupidly expensive or stupidly unsafe. and even if you pay for a good dr, its incredibly painful and thats 6 months of your life thrown away. All because you can't stand to be the tallest guy in the room? height matters, but it doesn't matter THAT much, especially if your average-above average. I mean, I think they should be allowed to do it, im all for personal freedom. but if you're doing this and you're already not short, you're kind of a retard who need help.

these people can never ever understand how it truly feels to be actually short, they think this surgery is a game to get more women or whatever. Height dysphoria literally kills. Suicide rates go up as height decreases, there is reason for this. This is the chemotherapy type of option for us, last resort. and while I think its amazing that it exists, and I would pay even a million dollars to get it done, it really should be highly discouraged for already tall people to get it.
19 yrs old

Confidence

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2023, 02:58:20 AM »

People will say anybody who does any kind of cosmetic procedure is "mentally ill" lol.  People are opinionated and love to judge things they can't see or understand. 

Bottom line is we are just doing this to be more comfortable with ourselves.  Many of us are well-educated, have good jobs, have families, and do our part to be good functioning members of society.  If people can't see that doing LL is just a way for us to improve our quality of life then it's not really our problem. 

I could judge people all day for buying expensive cars, doing drugs, being obsessed with the gym - whatever people do to make themselves feel happier but there's literally no point because I don't get to decide other people's values.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 05:25:13 AM »

I think it is a good thing, as this eay more surgeons will feel conmfortable in offering it in first world countries thus might lower the price

Doctors wanting to get in on the bandwagon that don't have the appropriate training. It's already happened with Dr Debiparshad. The layperson might think they're being treated by experts, yet real experts will be shaking their heads at how the newb doctors are putting these people into a world of trouble later on.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 02:03:09 PM »

LL has been around for very, very long time. Many people have gone under the knife; but few talk about it. Not everyone with a rhino goes on some forum to document their experience. Such is true with this. There are places where one can have an osteotomy performed and primitive technology placed for less than 8k euros. At that price; its easy to see exactly how attainable this is for your everyday person...most of which already drive a vehicle / own a home more expensive than this. We can pretend it's not a popular thing. But that's far from the truth :)

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up