Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Knee Pain Prior to LL?  (Read 524 times)

kveothe1101

• Visitor
Knee Pain Prior to LL?
« on: June 13, 2017, 06:19:10 AM »

Hi everyone. I've been browsing through the discussion posts regarding post-LL knee pain, however, I couldn't find any information about my situation. I'm currently a 22 year old, 5'7 male, and have consistent knee weakness that can become achy when standing for a period of time (around a couple hours). This is unfortunately due to my stint as a rower, and according to an orthopedist, a decrease in muscle mass that *should* go away with proper stretching and rebuilding of muscle.
This brings me to my question: I'd really like LL; however, should I still consider LL given my situation? If yes, should I postpone until all weakness is gone, with the possibility of it already being chronic? With this in mind, what procedure do you guys recommend?
Thanks for reading~ It's been bothering me for a while and I wasn't able to find any relevant information that I could understand. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Body Builder

Re: Knee Pain Prior to LL?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 11:04:48 AM »

External tibias affects the knee than internals or doing femurs so it is the best way for you to do LL.

However if your problem in kneee is permanent, LL, even external tibias, would make it worse so unless you fix this problem I wouldn't think that LL is suitable for you.

kveothe1101

• Visitor
Re: Knee Pain Prior to LL?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

That's what I thought too until recently. There was a thread that discussed ways to avoid knee pain entirely? Correct me if I'm worng, but would having the band released during surgery as well as proper attention to alignment be enough to keep it from getting worse or perhaps even better as the release will decrease stress on the knee?
Pages: [1]   Go Up