Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Generally speaking, what complications arise from lengthening femur too much?  (Read 800 times)

hammad555

• Visitor

I am just wondering what the common complications are when someone lengthens ,lets say, 10 cm on femurs.

YungGud

How the guys here said most of the time 10cm in one segment is too much even on femurs (no doubt about tibias)even if wont have any major complication(what is like close to unreal) your recovery time would be much much longer

Even Apo (king of Limb Lengthening)recognized that he did too much
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Body Builder

Your biomechanics would be so much altered that even if wverything else is perfect your running will be slow and weird. Even your walking gait may look strange.

Furthermore you'll probably end up with massive x legs which would need another surgery to be fixed and don't cause premature arthritis.

Also, with so much lengthening your muscles will stretch over normal which means loss of flexibility and power to a serious degree.

Finally, so long femurs will look really bad and disproportionate. You'll look ridiculous even with clothes on unless you do some lengthening in tibias too.

So in a few words, doing so much lengthening even in femurs means disaster.
Apo did a bad mistake and I am sure that his functionality would be much worse compared to lengthening a normal amount like a 6.5cm in tibias and 8 (max) in femurs which would have put him in a respectable 6.1.
He wanted crazy amounts and he sacrificed a good amount of his functionality to achieve that.
So, although I respect his motivation for doing 2 LLs, he is an example any LL'er should avoid.

onemorefoot

No sane doctor allows It, becuase of knee problems, although ROM is recovered easier with Internal methods for femur, going to 10 cm, I dont think so, also the risk of non union or misalignment increase, better do 6+5
Budget will determine my future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up