Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planning LL  (Read 2391 times)

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
Planning LL
« on: June 25, 2017, 08:15:36 PM »

Dear all, first time poster long time reader. Like you all I'm terrified but determined to have LL. I plan to begin LL in January and will keep an extensive diary to keep you all updated. I have just over $10000, I plan to earn another $10000 by January, and loan whatever else I need. My first choice of clinic is the Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology, who I think have the best balance of price, safety, and quickness. Only problem is, they've bumped up their prices to a whooping $45000 'as of January 2017'. My worry is they'll bump up again to $55000 in January 2018. I e-mailed asking about this, and am still waiting for a reply (I'll let you all know if I get a reply).  I'm wondering, if I pay the $9000 deposit before January, whether I could pay the rest and have treatment in January for the 2017 price. How long after paying the deposit can you wait to pay the total amount and have treatment? If I can't get a loan I plan to head elsewhere - so far my thinking is India or Armenia - Sarin seems to be trying really hard to salvage his reputation, and Armenia have extensive Youtube footage. One way or another, I will have had LL by next summer. Any advice / opinions would be most comforting :)

google42

Re: Planning LL
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 08:26:34 PM »

Is china actually safe to do this?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »

Which technique are you planning to do? Getting a loan to get a cosmetic surgery which could go wrong and require additional surgeries and expenses, as well as long recovery, IS THE WORST IDEA EVER. Also, I think there were bad experiences with the Beijing Institute. Your funds are too low, and I don't think anyone here recommends India or China. Sorry man. You should ask about doing externals in Russia or Italy.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »

For $55000 in China, you better at least be getting internals. There's only 1 doctor in India I'd recommend. Dr. Franz in South Africa seems great too. I think MDOW went to China and turned out fine.

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »

Dont pay 55k for lon in china when you can pay that for Internal femur lengthening.
Budget will determine my future.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 05:00:20 AM »

WTF? Do they charge you 45K? As far as I know they only accept Chinese 18K. China has a good doctor but he does not have foreign patients.

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 07:33:07 AM »

Hi, from what I've read Beijing sounds safe. Medium Drink of Water wrote a diary on his experience there, and he got what he wanted. They also have pretty good press coverage, which seemed to me the best way of being legitimised in the world of LL.

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »

Hey, in Beijing combined external and internal fixation techniques are used, which, according to Xia, 'allow's dynamics and synchronism during lengthening, that have greatly reduced the complications during leg-lengthening treatment.' Though, of course every LL practitioner says their methods are innovative and the best. I agree with what your saying about the loan thing and the risk, but the alternative would be to go somewhere really cheap, which would compromise safety. I have to get LL. Which doctor did you have in mind for Italy and South Africa?

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 07:43:57 AM »

Sorry, I meant Italy or Russia   :P

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 07:52:29 AM »

I'm hoping to get LL in Beijing for $45000, $55000 would be too much. Yeah MDOW is an example to us all. Who's the Indian doc you have in mind? I've not heard much about Birkholtz, South Africa seems one of the less popular LL destinations, which puts me off a bit  :-\

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 07:53:17 AM »

Hey, where would you recommend? What's so bad about Beijing?

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 07:56:19 AM »

Sorry, was trying to respond to individual messages - still getting used to this  ::)

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:14 AM »

Beijing has many bad results, if you want to come to China, I suggest you go to Changsha to find Dr. Zhang Xiangsheng.He is a Chinese general hospital top10 orthopedic professor. His price is 21K but I do not know if he will accept foreign patients because there is no diary here.

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »

I can't seem to find anything on Dr. Zhang Xiangsheng. How did you hear about him? My budget will be $40000, but most doctors seem either way less or way more than this 
 :o

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »

Because I am Chinese, China has a lot of people surgery but they do not know this forum. Dr. Zhang Xiangsheng has a lot of good results, maybe you can try to search for Xiangya Hospital.

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 09:21:21 AM »

I searched for Xiangya Hospital, but still could find very little. He doesn't seem to set himself up for international customers

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 09:43:57 AM »

45K is not worth it. You should consider Russia or have 75K to go to Dr. Betzs.

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 10:15:40 AM »

Betzs would be great, but he's outside by price range. Russia sounds tricks, this posting suggests its not the best place > http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2729.0

I guess I have the same problem as most people - limited money but want safety. I could wait and save, but like a lot of people the wait would be too painful. For what I can afford and what I'm after, Beijing seems the best place, and if not India. I know there are horror stories about Sarin but their website suggests it might be ok > http://www.drsarin.in/height-gain.html. Both Xia and Sarin have international acclaim, which is more reassuring than going to a Doctor who's had little publicity / exposure to cement his reputation

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »

This diary segment also redeems Sarin somewhat - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2099.0 -  not too long ago, and things seemed ok

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 03:20:07 PM »

Listen to me, dont go to Sarin, whatever you do dont go there, have you considered Italy?

Annalisa

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »

Forget China. Go to Italy.  Doctor Catagni is a very renowned doctor, with decades of experience in tibias lengthening. Externals costs 20000 euros, but you need to  at least have another 10000 for rents, physiotherapy and possible complications.

Looktothefuture

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »

I don't know if all the stigma attached to Dr. Sarin is deserved. I reckon 10 years from now he'll be looked on like a Paley.

I'm beginning agree with what your saying - forget China - it's so expensive now. Where can I find out more about Doctor Catagni?

onemorefoot

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 06:17:04 PM »

I don't know if all the stigma attached to Dr. Sarin is deserved. I reckon 10 years from now he'll be looked on like a Paley.

I'm beginning agree with what your saying - forget China - it's so expensive now. Where can I find out more about Doctor Catagni?
Just send him an email maurizio@catagni.it or visit his Page here in the forum, is by far the most experienced doc for tibia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up