Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'8 vs 5'10  (Read 21836 times)

LLSouthAmerica

Re: 5'8 vs 5'10
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »

I understand that the places where BodyBuilder and MrHandsome live have plenty of stupid superficial women. However, even if being short is a disadvantage in terms of physical attractiveness, there are girls out there who care about other stuff more. These girls can also be good looking and there is plenty of short people who have beautiful girlfriends and are happy.

This is why I think it's bull  all this talk about "you get nothing if you are less than 5'7", and all this self-hating. A lot of these users are actively encouraging people to do LL and hate themselves because of their heights which I think it's very irresponsible. All those people talking in absolutes like "you should do the surgery only if you are from 5'5 to 5'9 because you will benefit in dating" know nothing. I, for instance, think it's stupid to do the surgery at 5'8, others might say 5'7 or 5'10, whatever.

The point is this surgery in not necessary and all this talk about people below (insert your height level) cm won't get women or won't get respected is stupid.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

google42

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2017, 06:50:12 PM »

I feel like if someone doesn't have height dysmorphia, they'll definitely get it after coming to this site. You all are so condescending towards short guys, which happen to be yourselves!! Yes, it is a disadvantage, but not a disability!

I have coached a 5'1" friend into landing a 5'7" model before. Is it a challenge? Absolutely. Is it impossible? Absolutely not.

Height helps but it's not a magic pill.

I agree. The internet will amplify your insecurity or make you have one when you weren't even insecure about something in the first place. sites like this make you feel like you have some kind of disability and make you feel even worse.

MrHandsome

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2017, 01:22:30 AM »

I'm sorry but this is BS.

Look at some of your perceptions of the world:The only word to describe that thought is delusional.

There are lots of short guys that attract pretty girls. I was 5'2(albeit in India, it's still really short) and have been hit on by pretty girls. If I wasn't a total introvert with my head up my ass, I would've dated a lot more than I did.
This might be the real problem. I hope this doesn't offend you. This is me pointing you in the right direction. If you're 5'8 and finding it incredibly hard to date, it's either the state of mind or the face. Sure 5'8 isn't anybody's dream height, but a 5'8 guy with other attributes can most definitely score.

So if there's a possibility that height isn't the problem, is LL really going to make you happy? Food for thought.

Here's what I'll say with absolute certainty: Only get LL if you're sure that height is your Achilles heel, your fictional little nemesis. If you're not sure, sort your thoughts out first.

It's different in India and the United States and actually I am not ugly but I am considered ugly because of my height unfortunately. I have honestly been rejected by many girls for being 5'8. It really depends on the area I think. My height is a constant problem and I am way shorter than everyone else. I went to plastic surgery forums asking for advice about my face and they said it's not that big of a problem.

biggerdreams

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2017, 06:36:56 AM »

You are right.

This site (and the old forum coupled with other stuff on the internet) made me go into some kind of depression a year ago.
You and other people should just read the diaries and get the picture and afterwards leave. This forum is toxic and I highly believe some are fake users sent by third world countries LL doctors who say all this toxic stuff in order to push people into LL without thinking and researching enough

Luckily enough I'm considering LL not because I'm insecure so the comments on this site don't really affect me much. The diaries are really helpful and it's interesting to see people's points of views and insecurities. Those insecurities exist outside of this platform but it's a bad recipe for those susceptible influence.

Sibirsky

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2017, 08:44:14 AM »

176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller

Sibirsky

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2017, 08:47:04 AM »

I can't speak for 5' 8 to 5' 10, but going from 5' 9 to 6' is almost a world of difference......at least where I'm from where the average is about 170-175 cm. You could extrapolate this into your country's  average and decide how much of a difference it could make. But also be aware that if the change in height is too big and you're too old to possibly grow, people you know you before LL will get suspicious. Not everyone is oblivious to LL, and if they are they won't be for long once they start Googling. It is indeed a tough balancing act on choosing how much to lengthen
176 cm before
184 cm after

biggerdreams

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »

I can't speak for 5' 8 to 5' 10, but going from 5' 9 to 6' is almost a world of difference......at least where I'm from where the average is about 170-175 cm. You could extrapolate this into your country's  average and decide how much of a difference it could make. But also be aware that if the change in height is too big and you're too old to possibly grow, people you know you before LL will get suspicious. Not everyone is oblivious to LL, and if they are they won't be for long once they start Googling. It is indeed a tough balancing act on choosing how much to lengthen

I think it is very dependent on the person's personality too. Yes the height helps but whether it is a moderate change or a world of a difference is how it is used. We have to keep this in mind when we're giving advice.

Have you experienced anyone noticing and questioning after LL? Care to share about a particular experience?

Sibirsky

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2017, 04:42:11 PM »

I think it is very dependent on the person's personality too. Yes the height helps but whether it is a moderate change or a world of a difference is how it is used. We have to keep this in mind when we're giving advice.

Have you experienced anyone noticing and questioning after LL? Care to share about a particular experience?

Yeah I'd have to agree. Personality plays a huge height. If you're the type of person who notices other people's height more than anything else, you'd definitely feel the difference

As for my experience, there have been certain suspenseful situations. There was a friend of mine who after not seeing me for a while and noticed the height increase straight up asking me "You did limb lengthening didn't you?" to which I replied " Yeah.....like I would throw away 100 thousand dollars for a couple of centimetres". Mind you he's a smart guy who would know how much this would have cost. He knows I'm not the richest guy around as well. But I still can't tell for sure if he knows. Another tight situation was when a coworker, who noticed I was taller, was discussing with me how I drive and whether I would fit in the car to which I replied "why wouldn't I?". She then said "well you're shin is really long". That caught me off guard. This did happen when my calves were really small so no one really notices anymore because they're bigger now

So yeah although I'm extremely comfortable with my height,I've learned that inevitably that if you lengthen too much when you're too old, people WILL get suspicious.
176 cm before
184 cm after

biggerdreams

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »

Yeah I'd have to agree. Personality plays a huge height. If you're the type of person who notices other people's height more than anything else, you'd definitely feel the difference

As for my experience, there have been certain suspenseful situations. There was a friend of mine who after not seeing me for a while and noticed the height increase straight up asking me "You did limb lengthening didn't you?" to which I replied " Yeah.....like I would throw away 100 thousand dollars for a couple of centimetres". Mind you he's a smart guy who would know how much this would have cost. He knows I'm not the richest guy around as well. But I still can't tell for sure if he knows. Another tight situation was when a coworker, who noticed I was taller, was discussing with me how I drive and whether I would fit in the car to which I replied "why wouldn't I?". She then said "well you're shin is really long". That caught me off guard. This did happen when my calves were really small so no one really notices anymore because they're bigger now

So yeah although I'm extremely comfortable with my height,I've learned that inevitably that if you lengthen too much when you're too old, people WILL get suspicious.

Your friend coming out and asking if you did LL is kind of a dck move. That's pretty interesting. I wonder if others LLers have had similar experiences. I often wonder what my interactions will be after. Maybe I need to just avoid all people I used to know. haha

Body Builder

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2017, 06:08:35 PM »

If you lengthened a more normal amount like 6cm, less people would have understood (especially if you wore lifts before) and your shins would have been better as now, from the pic you uploaded, you have the most unproportional femur to tibia ratio I've ever seen in an LL'er.
You had a good preLL height so you should have been more wise to lengthen more conservatively as 8 cm in tibias is a bad choice except you are very short and lengthen as much as you can or if your tibias are disproportionately short but you had none of them.

Personally, many people said I looked taller or bigger after I did LL but noone really considered what I did, even some of my closest friends.
But when I did my second LL almost anyone would understand the difference, especially because I would be 31 when I'll do it so no growth spurt justification could stand.
But if someone does only one LL, if he wore lifts before and don,t lengthen too much, he may pass without much suspicions.
However, personally I never cared about all these, what matters is to get through LL without serious complications and get rid of height complexes.

fivefootthree

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »

Dude, all these replies made me question my actual life for a second lol. That's the effect these focused forums can have on someone. Some of you guys have some sort of BDD, and I am not gonna be part of that.
That's why I've made a rule for myself. I only go on this forum once I have an actual question regarding my LL plans and I only do it at night before bed, that way I avoid letting this journey consume my life.
Before this I was on reddit.com/r/short for a while and I noticed it had a similar, depressing vibe. Funnily enough there were a few Tinder experiment posts there with guys around my height who've had no success whatsoever and I fell into the pitfall of assuming their lives were mine (meanwhile I was doing fine with women in actual reality lol). You gotta understand, you're not representative of the group of guys who are your same height. You're you, you're an individual who's different. I realized this when I put my height in my Tinder bio and still got roughly the same amount of attention I had before (which was enough for me).

Regarding my post: Yeah man, I'm getting good matches on Tinder daily. I have decent facial aesthetics, I'm in shape and I have outdoorsy photos. I have a nice car and I list a nice job so I guess that helps too. There are days where it's a little slow but I generally get my fair share of attractive women. Also some of you seemed to think I end up banging all my matches. That's not what I was saying. I'm a busy guy and I'm not just looking for hookups anyway. Some guys chase, I don't. I don't know what my count would be if I chased because I never did. But so far I've dated (not just slept with) 8 girls from Tinder. One of them was way taller than me at 5'8" and another one was a 9/10 Burlesque dancer my height (the rest were pretty regular 7-8/10's). I'm mainly using Tinder to see who I match with and who strikes up conversations first. I guess you could call that "validation." Either way, when I want a date I can get it.
Am I particularly confident? Of course not, I wouldn't even consider LL at all if I was, but the confidence I show is apparently enough.
And it's not just Tinder, I've enjoyed the attention of girls in random places too, including the dreaded clubs (but I have to be drunk for this). I won't bore you with details but I've done pretty well for myself (considering I haven't even tried that hard).
And I know plenty of guys my height who are doing well with girls. I'm not the only one.

MrHandsome, dude, you're talking in terms of absolutes so much that there's no way you're not trolling. I know so many guys your height and shorter than you who are great with women. 5'8" is an absolutely normal height, most women probably even think you're tall. I legitimately don't understand how someone who's 5'8" can think height is the main deterrent in his desirability. It's like we're living in different realities. I wish I could make you see how absurd your worldview is through my reply, it's just such a waste of life and energy that you think you NEED this surgery to do well with women.
I mean I WANT this surgery I don't NEED it and I'm 5'3". You do the math man. Anyways, I wish you good luck whatever your plans may be. I probably won't check out this depressing-ass thread again lol.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:57:46 AM by fivefootthree »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »

^Good to have your perspective on the forum when there's so many incels on here.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Body Builder

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »

Five foot three yes, it is like living in different realities.
I never saw any man at your height, even 2-3 inches taller, hit a girl in a club.
I am the same height as Mrhandsome, about half an inch more to be specific, and many women didn't have problem with my height but still other had and a good amount rejected me only for that, even though they didn't mention it face to face. I am sure that almost all the women whonrejected me or the one that left me wouldn't have done the same if I was 5.11 or more.

So it is nice you are doing well with women. And surely every man is different regardless of his height. But this fking trait is so important for men that the majority of men of really short statures like you have a very hard time in dating especially no matter their other traits which can be very good.
This forum surely has some lunatics who think that at 5.11 or 6 ft they lack height and they wear heels to appear taller but most of people at 5.5-5.8 which is the majority, speak the truth and what they describe are not the lives of loosers but the difficulties that short-shorter than average people face in their everyday lives.
And that can be changed because a 5.3 guy like you is a very rare exception who has 8's and 9's looking girls at that height while even tall men struggle to have so hot women.
So I don't know how and why you are so successful with women but that can't change the fact that guys at your height and generally short guys have a very hard time with women, no matter how good in anything else they are.

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2017, 06:43:41 PM »

Yes, Up to 5 9" you wont see any benefit becuase you are very average or below there, a good height for me starts at 5 10", tears in 3,2,1.  2 inches are a great difference, you have to keep in mind that most of the people lie about their height, they are 5 6" And say 5 8", that is why persons believe that 5 10" is short, well in reddit average is 7', but the real world is a little different.

Exactly. Whenever someone says they are 5'11 (in my experience) they look like manlets. And people that claim the magical 6 feet look like giants. A lot of people lie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up