Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey in Vietnam  (Read 13248 times)

Viep

• Visitor
My journey in Vietnam
« on: June 25, 2017, 02:20:18 PM »

Hello everybody, today I decide to write one important thing in my life.

My starting height is just only : 5'4 and I want to have more 8 cm. In Vietnam is really hard to find a good doctor to trust them. Day by day, I search a lot of information about this and I find a dairy of Asiann 123. I choose Dr. Thuy for my surgery. When I go to hospital I heard that Dr. Thuy has retired already then just only Dr. Quynh can do my surgery. Of course, Im really scare when Dr. Quynh do. But until now, I do not have any problems Dr. Quynh did well. All of price I pay for this surgery is 12.600 USD including surgery, 4 months stay, foods and caring and like basically everything so I dont need anyone to go with me.

Dr. Quynh uses 1 small tube to deliver pain killer directly to my spinal, it makes me feel better and it does not hurt likes I think. Although the first few days did hurt a lot. But I got a lot of sleep so it went pass quickly. I am at 3 weeks now with no pain

I just wanna share my story to everyone who wants to have limb lengtening surgery including Vietnamese or foreigners. I need to share this feeling because it is a hard time ever guys. I will update every week or every other week depend on my mood and I will update photo as well. Please stick with me till the end.

doomsday

Re: My journey in Vietnam
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:33:34 PM »

Great to hear to your story.

Can you please post some pictures of your accommodation and the frames that you have on your legs? thanks.

WarRose

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 02:34:11 PM »

Good luck :)

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 02:38:02 PM »

Hello my friend and good luck with your LL.
Tell us a little more about the method you used (external only, lon etc) and listen to your body because 8cm in tibias is too much and you could end up with massive bf if your body can't handle it.
So stay focused and be careful to go till the end as smooth as it gets.

Keep strong!

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 04:47:06 PM »

Moved to Patient's Experiences.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »

Best of luck dude. I will follow.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 05:14:42 PM »

Great to hear to your story.

Can you please post some pictures of your accommodation and the frames that you have on your legs? thanks.
here are the photos.
http://imgur.com/a/yEETN
http://imgur.com/a/S1U48

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »

Hello my friend and good luck with your LL.
Tell us a little more about the method you used (external only, lon etc) and listen to your body because 8cm in tibias is too much and you could end up with massive bf if your body can't handle it.
So stay focused and be careful to go till the end as smooth as it gets.

Keep strong!
I did L.ON. well I want 8cm but I will stop if something wrong happen. Thank you

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 05:30:32 PM »

Best of luck dude. I will follow.
Thank you very much. But actually I'm a girl lollll

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2017, 06:47:37 PM »

Wow but 5'4 is a good height for women unless you plan on becoming a model. Good luck in your journey, and I also would recommend lengthening a little less, 6 cm tops. It's very good you decided on externals and not pure internal because as you are Asian and female your consolidation may be slower than Caucasians.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »

A 5.4 girl in Vietnam wants to do LL. And she wants to do more than 8cm in tibias!
In what world do we live after all?

Anyway, good luck from me. You'll need it.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »

Good luck on your journey. I would hope that you reconsider the amount of lengthening on your tibiae though, as Bodybuilder said.

Not all doctors agree on the amount, but my own was very insistant that going above 6 cm of tibia lengthening will cause some degree of permanent damage beyond what having the surgery in the first place will cause. That is because your muscles stretch up to a point, but greater than that point they will lose their rubber-band like elasticity and become more like a rope.

Looking at post-op reports from people who did tibia lengthening already and did above 6 cm, most of them regret it because they had muscle tightness that would not go away and required Achilles tendon lengthening, or they became self-conscious about how long their shins were in comparison to their thighs. Lengthening too much on your tibiae will also make your walking feel funny and make running more difficult.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

doomsday

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 07:26:24 PM »

paco1

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »

Don't do more than 6 cm in tibias.

MrHandsome

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »

Do not go over 5cm otherwise you are just asking for complications. Good luck.

biggerdreams

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »

Is there any difference in recovery factors depending on gender?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 01:09:21 AM »

Is there any difference in recovery factors depending on gender?

Women's bone healing is slower, bone density is lower and especially after menopause, they are prone to fractures
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 02:22:21 PM »

Wow but 5'4 is a good height for women unless you plan on becoming a model. Good luck in your journey, and I also would recommend lengthening a little less, 6 cm tops. It's very good you decided on externals and not pure internal because as you are Asian and female your consolidation may be slower than Caucasians.
So sorry about that but I have a mistake my height is 154cm, I thought 5'4 and 154cm are the same thing. I wanna have 8cm, this is my dream. If I have problems, I will stop it. Dr tells me If I want more than 6cm, I will have tendon release sủgery. However, I can get 8cm I accept that. Because I dont wanna run or play sport, I just want to walk like a normal person and more 8cm.

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »

Good luck on your journey. I would hope that you reconsider the amount of lengthening on your tibiae though, as Bodybuilder said.

Not all doctors agree on the amount, but my own was very insistant that going above 6 cm of tibia lengthening will cause some degree of permanent damage beyond what having the surgery in the first place will cause. That is because your muscles stretch up to a point, but greater than that point they will lose their rubber-band like elasticity and become more like a rope.

Looking at post-op reports from people who did tibia lengthening already and did above 6 cm, most of them regret it because they had muscle tightness that would not go away and required Achilles tendon lengthening, or they became self-conscious about how long their shins were in comparison to their thighs. Lengthening too much on your tibiae will also make your walking feel funny and make running more difficult.
So sorry about that but I have a mistake my height is 154cm, I thought 5'4 and 154cm are the same thing. I wanna have 8cm, this is my dream. If I have problems, I will stop it. Dr tells me If I want more than 6cm, I will have tendon release sủgery. However, I can get 8cm I accept that. Because I dont wanna run or play sport, I just want to walk like a normal person and more 8cm.

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 02:23:32 PM »

A 5.4 girl in Vietnam wants to do LL. And she wants to do more than 8cm in tibias!
In what world do we live after all?

Anyway, good luck from me. You'll need it.
Tks, i have a mistake. I thought 154cm and 5'4 are the same thing. Im actually 154cm hehe

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 02:24:36 PM »

Are those full ilizarov frames?
nope, only half frames

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 02:27:02 PM »

Don't do more than 6 cm in tibias.
thank you but if I have trouble i will stop

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »

Do not go over 5cm otherwise you are just asking for complications. Good luck.

biggerdreams

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »

Can you give more details about your experience?

Also include a lot more pictures. This would bring a lot more value to your diary.

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 06:35:04 PM »

Thanks for sharing! Wow, wasnt aware he retired. I plan to go to vietnam/russia in 2019  and do 8 cm LON like u. How old are u?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 07:24:52 PM »

The problem is Viep, that during lengthening, especially if you do not weight bear you have no way of knowing when you should stop. Even after stopping lengthening you will only know the impact of the surgery months after, when the bone is fully consolidated and the soft tissues have adapted. So I suggest you learn about the people here who have done tibia lengthening; while the people who did 6 cm and below are ok, a lot of the guys who did 8 cm had issues and regretted lengthening so much.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 03:44:55 PM »

UPDATE :

Welcome back,
Until now, it's 7 weeks after surgery. I drag ~ 3cm. I dont have any painful. Everyday, I try to pratice about 1 hour 30 minutes. Because Dr tells me should pratice about 1 hour to 2 hours/day. But 2 hours is very hard to me I just can do that.
Everyone at institute take good care for me, especially is Thao. When I have personal necessary or when I wanna buy something, he alway help me a lots. And more than that, when I wanna stop or feel bad he alway support me like a friend makes me feel more comfortable.
I will post more about my x-ray because hospotal keep my x-ray. And I will post pictures after frame removal.

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »

Thanks for sharing! Wow, wasnt aware he retired. I plan to go to vietnam/russia in 2019  and do 8 cm LON like u. How old are u?

Im 25 years old. When I was 20, I have saved money for 5 years to do this surgery. At the first time, I decide to do in Russian. Of course, in Russian is really expensive. I dont have enough money to do and I heard in Vietnam is also good too. Until now, I dont have any problem.

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 04:03:44 PM »

The problem is Viep, that during lengthening, especially if you do not weight bear you have no way of knowing when you should stop. Even after stopping lengthening you will only know the impact of the surgery months after, when the bone is fully consolidated and the soft tissues have adapted. So I suggest you learn about the people here who have done tibia lengthening; while the people who did 6 cm and below are ok, a lot of the guys who did 8 cm had issues and regretted lengthening so much.

I have a meet and talk with another guy, he have frame removal at 8.2. He did
tendon release surgery thought. But he said it only affect about 30% for his recovery. I will consider doing less if my tendon is too hard and require tendon release surgery

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 06:09:39 PM »

I've never done it, but from what I've researched and what I've read from people on this forum who have done it. Do not do tendon release surgery. You have already an average height for a lady in the western world and tall for SE Asia, add 6 cm and you will be tallish everywhere. Do a lot of stretching / physio and know that it will take time to recover. 30% loss of pre op ability is a lot.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up