Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 171037 times)

crimsontide

Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #527 on: May 03, 2015, 10:57:09 PM »

wanted to post a few pics, for comparison

might have to setup an account somewhere to host photos. cant seem to upload anything now

Taller

« Reply #528 on: May 04, 2015, 03:34:42 AM »

Use Imgur. It works really well with LL Forum for me.

Morgenst.

« Reply #529 on: May 05, 2015, 03:40:35 AM »

Hey Crimsontide first class to hear you're doing better man. Second I was wondering if you could advise any of us wanting to go the Dr Bagirov or Dr. Solomin route, basically doctors with the ability to perform LL but not a very good amount of aftercare.

I know the basics stretch prior to surgery, stretch during, walk to avoid certain issues. But anything in particular we should know going to Dr Barigov to help us succeed?   You know Besides that his aftercare sucks

Alittletooshort

« Reply #530 on: May 05, 2015, 09:56:38 AM »

Hey Crimsontide,
do you think your problems could have been avoided by staying at the clinic for the duration of the distraction phase?

crimsontide

« Reply #531 on: May 31, 2015, 03:43:42 PM »

little, well, yes, but  its the past

my right leg x rays last time were ok. my left leg was not. ill try to show x rays this week so all can see

i feel that my right leg might be different now, but doubt it. its just that my left leg is causing me to put uneven pressure

even if ill need to fix right eventually, which i dont think,  i dont at this moment.  i dont feel any pain even in my left leg, thankfully, though i have a feeling it's more due to my avoidance of walking than anything else. i'm pretty confident  all my issues will be resolved after fixing left leg.  the bone needs alignment in  at least 2 planes

ive decided to get it fixed by dr monegal. i was originally planning on nyc, but  rozbruch doesnt accept my insurance, and trying to get new insurance is  almost impossible under obamacare. the surgery here would be insanely expensive, and that doesnt include hospital  fees, though i think insurance would cover that

i feel pretty confident in dr monegal, though i'll be honest, and say that the  arguing with members put me off. The facts are that he works in a 1st world European nation, and I've spoken with a few people that went to see him. ONe that has not gotten surgery yet, but did say that his clinic is very modern.

I've also spoken to 2 or 3 that surgery with him, and do recommend him. One posts here, but nt much. Maybe he will post here

He also went to the university of barcelona, which is  possibly the top medical school in spain.

He also seems to want to make a name for himself, and that to me is a good thing.  You dont want to have people complaining, so you really try your best.

I'm relieved and excited to finally  get this resolved,so i can move on with my life.

ive put on a ton of weight, and dont do anthing because of my left leg. its caused a bt of edema, though not horrible, and just not easy to walk  with it

I dont care about having a nail in my leg tbh, as ive spoken with a few people  that say its nothing..  even rozbruch and paley said this

basically, just relieved to  getting this over with

just_me

« Reply #532 on: May 31, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »

Are your legs weightbearing if you wanted to walk more everyday?

You have earlier talked about Taylor Spatial Frame for aligning your left leg but know you have decided for Fitbone nail instead  - any reason why?

When will you have the surgery?

crimsontide

« Reply #533 on: May 31, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »

my legs have been weightbearing a long time

my left leg is not aligned at all though

tsf is expensive,  and while the frame will correct all my issues within 3 weeks, I'd have to wear frame  up to 4 months after

I'm not looking to wear a frame for 4 months, no matter how small is it is

maximize

« Reply #534 on: May 31, 2015, 06:44:48 PM »

Crimson, I would strongly encourage you to go with the TSF. Four months might suck wearing a frame, but here's the thing:

- The TSF comes with many ring sizes and you could go with a pretty slim one if your doctor agrees. Baggy pants would fit over.
- The Fitbone is completely non weight bearing, so it's going to be even more disabling in the short term.
- The Fitbone does not allow progressive 3 dimensional realignment. You will not end up with as perfect an alignment as with the TSF.

The last is the most important point. From living with your bent leg you know how important good alignment is. In my opinion, wearing a frame for four months is well worth it if it means your leg will be perfectly aligned and function perfectly for the rest of your life. With the Fitbone, if it is inserted at even the slightly wrong angle, you will still be misaligned afterwards. By less of a degree, yes. But you will still have the same problems you are experiencing now down the road.

A lot of the complications of LL seem to come from people wanting to take the short and easy road rather than the safe road. Frames get removed too early and legs get bent. People go for monorails because they have fewer pins. Etc.

Don't make the same mistake of taking the short path. 4 months is nothing compared to the 60 years you will need to walk on that leg going forward. People need to keep the bigger picture in mind with these procedures. Early onset arthritis is no laughing matter. You don't want to have to be in chronic pain and needing a knee replacement at 40-50 years old.

Please do share your xrays. It's helpful for all of us to see how the xrays go with the experience you're having.

Dr Monegal

• Account Deactivated
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2015, 09:25:22 PM »

Dear users

What we perform in this case is a corrective osteotomy to sort out limb malalignment.
This is exactly to prevent early knee joint osteoarthritis which migth be caused by malalignment.
After performing the osteotomy there are several ways to stabilyze the osteotomy but we are not using a Fitbone implant.

Hexapod external fixators such as TSF or Trulock are magnificent systems we use in progressive corrections of malalignment. Deformities after external fixators distraction are quite common, but they do not create major deformities that require progressive correction. In such cases correction can be achieved intraoperatively and stabilyzed straight away.

I use TSF as It is probably the best hexapod system in the market which allows us either to correct the axis, rotatory deformities and limb length discrepancies.

Great Point guys.

Cheers
Account Deactivated "I am no longer participating in here."

crimsontide

« Reply #536 on: June 29, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »

Here is my best word of advice to anyone considering doing this procedure, now that I'm almost done with everything

Only do this if you are doing it internally.. External is just way too hard for 99% of the population.

myloginacct

« Reply #537 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:35 PM »

It's been 2 years. How are you feeling about yourself now, after all this time?

Astronomy

« Reply #538 on: March 19, 2019, 07:29:22 AM »

Well i still grow some mm! ;)! havent stop growth completely yet! think a few mm in 2 years

what about this guy! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Rainer
That was what he deserved since birth.Everyone will rarely grow any more past 17-18

California2

« Reply #539 on: March 20, 2019, 01:18:13 AM »

Hey Crimsontide first class to hear you're doing better man. Second I was wondering if you could advise any of us wanting to go the Dr Bagirov or Dr. Solomin route, basically doctors with the ability to perform LL but not a very good amount of aftercare.

Why do you write that Professor Solomin does not provide a good amount of aftercare?

That was not my experience.  In fact, I began to comment to my wife that I was growing tired of seeing so often doctors from the Solomin/Kulesh team after my surgery.  It seems I was visited by some member of the team about three (3) times per week.

Even after I returned home for consolidation, Kulesh checks in with me no less than once every two weeks.  Both Kulesh and Solomin are actively involved with my local team and coordinate with my local team via e-mail.

I find my aftercare with Solomin/Kulesh better than any aftercare I ever enjoyed in the USA.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up