Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xray shows longer femur but visibly shorter by nked eye  (Read 596 times)

want2btall

Xray shows longer femur but visibly shorter by nked eye
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:26:17 PM »

I had went to the hospital (Doctor who offer CLL) to take xray, and the doctor said that my femur tibia ratio is Femur: 45cm , Tibia : 36cm, which mean i got a longer femur.

However, the weird thing is that when im comparing my tibia and femur with others who is much taller than me (about 10cm-15cm taller), i found that my tibia length is actually about the same as them and my femur length is visibly shorter than them.

Why will this happens? Btw i am Asian, is the femur tibia percentile apply to Asian too or only for European?
And is the Xray 1to1? If i want to confirm again on the length of my femur, can i just use measuring tape to mesure on the xray?

Penguinn

Re: Xray shows longer femur but visibly shorter by nked eye
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 04:52:30 PM »

36:45 is a 4:5 ratio, in other words, a 0.8 ratio. This is the perfect ratio.

Based off my experience(0.79 ratio with slightly shorter legs than you) you should be able to get away with 3 inches in the femurs. Can't comment on the leg:body/leg:arms ratios.

LLSouthAmerica

Re: Xray shows longer femur but visibly shorter by nked eye
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »

Because unlike what many people in this forum think, there is a big range of proportions walking out there in the world and nobody notices. You only noticed because you were comparing, for the rest of the world they are just normal.

Does anybody have the percentage of length of your femur/tibias compared to height? I mean to know whether a person of X height has on average Y length of femur and Z length of tibias.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient
Pages: [1]   Go Up