Small amount
- 9 (15%)
Everyone
- 2 (3.3%)
They are just stupid
- 6 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The mental illness in the forum  (Read 7549 times)

Body Builder

Re: The mental illness in the forum
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 12:28:16 AM »

But you just told Yves in the other topic that he should definitely go get LL and he is 5'8". That is average height. We have to move beyond personal preference and personal experience before we are constantly dictating what is wrong or right or what is mentally fit or unfit when we are far from qualified to diagnose it.
I think that Yves is from Europe. 5.8 is not average in eu, especially in my country it is 2.5 inches less.
So no, if someone is 2.5 inches less than average has reasons to do LL and is not considered completely average in no way.
When I say that LL is not suitable for more than average height men I mean for men that have the exactly average height of men in their country, not 2-3 inches less which is generally considered as almost average.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 12:31:01 AM »

LL is a real waste and a big mistake if your problems actually are just in your head.

Problems and their respective solutions are all debatable. Rozbruch's entire stature lengthening evaluation process is based on the premise that if he thinks LL can address the problems that are "in your head", then you're a candidate he would consider for the program.

But the two of you can sit down and discuss the merits of all this over a NY pizza slice in the near future lol

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017, 12:46:30 AM »

Not at all, Rozbruch and all the other COSMETIC LL have only one thing in their heads: Money. The only way they will not operate on you is if you are a crazy pain in the ass or they suspect there is a great possibility you will sue.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

6FeetSoon

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2017, 12:51:17 AM »

Not at all, Rozbruch and all the other COSMETIC LL have only one thing in their heads: Money. The only way they will not operate on you is if you are a crazy pain in the ass or they suspect there is a great possibility you will sue.

Are you high? He does the cosmetic surgeries as a side gig to his reconstruction practice. Have a look at his ig page (http://instagram.com/limblengthening) and tell me how many cosmetic vs actual medical cases you see. He doesn't need to fleece poor, desperate candidates, he turns down far more patients than he accepts.

Jack1066

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 12:59:27 AM »

Sure, and if the problem is solved by LL, it is a problem solved. But LL might not have been the best possible solution. And it is a pity to risk so much and sacrifice your health  and athletic potential for that reason.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2017, 01:15:28 AM »

Are you high? He does the cosmetic surgeries as a side gig to his reconstruction practice. Have a look at his ig page (http://instagram.com/limblengthening) and tell me how many cosmetic vs actual medical cases you see. He doesn't need to fleece poor, desperate candidates, he turns down far more patients than he accepts.

What do you not understand? Of course, he has actual medical cases and he is most likely a brilliant doctor. However, he takes these cosmetic cases only for the money and overall low risk. I dont think a doctor of his experience considers the poor poor life of the 5'8 crybaby as a really necessary surgery.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

6FeetSoon

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2017, 01:21:00 AM »

I dont think a doctor of his experience considers the poor poor life of the 5'8 crybaby as a really necessary surgery.

Exactly... which is the opposite of "The only way they will not operate on you is if you are a crazy pain in the ass or they suspect there is a great possibility you will sue."

Try to stay consistent...

google42

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2017, 01:25:52 AM »

What do you not understand? Of course, he has actual medical cases and he is most likely a brilliant doctor. However, he takes these cosmetic cases only for the money and overall low risk. I dont think a doctor of his experience considers the poor poor life of the 5'8 crybaby as a really necessary surgery.
I don't think rozbruch does the psychological evaluation anyways, it's some other psychologist. If the psychologist says the person is okay for leg lengthening then rozbruch probably goes with what the psychologist says. After all, 6feetsoon got to do it at 5'9".

Not saying I would support someone of average height going through it.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2017, 01:29:41 AM »

I don't think rozbruch does the psychological evaluation anyways, it's some other psychologist. If the psychologist says the person is okay for leg lengthening then rozbruch probably goes with what the psychologist says. After all, 6feetsoon got to do it at 5'9".

Not saying I would support someone of average height going through it.

He's not in the room for the evaluation obviously. But he talks to Ellen afterward and then decides what he wants to do

6FeetSoon

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2017, 01:32:35 AM »

Just a factoid here for those who like numbers. He told us he gets ~30 emails a week from prospective patients asking him to treat them. He's done 8 cosmetic LLs in total this year. Sounds like 8 / (26x30) = 1%. He takes 1% of cases... looks like he's leaving a lot of cash on the table for someone who only cares about money (*sarcasm*)...

Body Builder

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2017, 01:47:49 AM »

Just a factoid here for those who like numbers. He told us he gets ~30 emails a week from prospective patients asking him to treat them. He's done 8 cosmetic LLs in total this year. Sounds like 8 / (26x30) = 1%. He takes 1% of cases... looks like he's leaving a lot of cash on the table for someone who only cares about money (*sarcasm*)...
If that's true then which are his criteria of choosing patients?
What a 5.9 guy like you has that makes him suitable for LL and don't have it the other 99% of patients?

I respect Rozbruch but doing only LL in 1% of people want to get surgery with him is absolutely crap.
Also, 30 people a week maybe are doing LL in the whole world, it is impossible for so much people to actually do LL with one specific doctor.
Most of them would just email him to ask general questions, not for a date to do a surgery.

So we better not say exaggerations about doctors that even though are respectable, they are still geting money from that as almost all doctors who are doing LL do that for money, unless they do it only in very short men or dwarves. Not a 5.9 man like you.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2017, 02:21:44 AM »

Exactly... which is the opposite of "The only way they will not operate on you is if you are a crazy pain in the ass or they suspect there is a great possibility you will sue."

Try to stay consistent...

There is no inconsistency. The cosmetic cases are chosen because of money and low risk. The only function to the psychological test is to know which patients can endanger the process or the doctor. I dont think any cosmetic LL doctor does this surgery out of principle, if they did, they would prioritize dwarfs. They would not operate someone like you. If Dr Rozbruch refuses patients its because he doesnt have the time, or you / insurance paid more money
Went from 164 to 170 cm

6FeetSoon

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2017, 03:04:37 AM »

There is no inconsistency. The cosmetic cases are chosen because of money and low risk. The only function to the psychological test is to know which patients can endanger the process or the doctor. I dont think any cosmetic LL doctor does this surgery out of principle, if they did, they would prioritize dwarfs. They would not operate someone like you. If Dr Rozbruch refuses patients its because he doesnt have the time, or you / insurance paid more money

We all pay the same but thanks. (it doesn't matter to HSS if the money comes from out of pocket or insurance, the fees they receive are the same)

And dwarfism (achondroplasia) is a medical condition so that is processed under his normal practice.

biggerdreams

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2017, 03:27:13 AM »

The data suggests that he performs on all people that he gets an email on. He can't take everyone in as patients so it doesn't matter the amount of emails he gets its the amount of surgeries he's performed this year as the benchmark. Doubt it is 1%.

That being said I also doubt he is money hungry over CLL. Malpractice is very real in the US and he'd be stupid to take on more than he can handle. But is money an incentive, of course.

...now that we've veered way off topic, again.

onemorefoot

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2017, 04:12:19 AM »

The only way to know if this just height dysphoria is after the lengthening, if you want to fix everything, there is something more.Maybe the main mental illness here is depression, but that is caused by the short height in most of the cases, in negative cases is just not our problem, we are not here to give therapy, just to learn more about the surgery.
Budget will determine my future.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2017, 04:20:08 AM »

Well to return to topic... we know a lot of people here suffer from several degrees of depression and social fobia. This can be a result of short stature due to discrimination and can become a vicious circle in which these conditions can alter our own body image, which in turn makes us feel more depressed.

There are posters like Body Builder who try to argue logically that people of average or more than average should not do this surgery, while other people say 5'7 , 5'8, etc. Afterwards, a LL of average height or more tries to defend their position because of tallness of family, feeling of looking the rest from above, etc.

What we all have here is an OVERVALUED IDEA, that being taller will bring more women, more respect, and overall better life. It is an exaggerated belief which can be partially true but a lot of people here are fixated to the point that it becomes the main target of their life. When they argue they are not being logical, they are acting because of their emotions. For them LL is the solution to those negative feelings. So, I don't think people above average are crazy or mentally ill necessarily but they do have one idea that is bordering on delusional.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2017, 04:27:11 AM »

This thing only makes you taller with all the benefits, but id you are expecting to be Superman, this shouldnt be your choice.
Budget will determine my future.

biggerdreams

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2017, 05:45:32 AM »

we are not here to give therapy, just to learn more about the surgery.

AMEN!

biggerdreams

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 05:50:08 AM »

Well to return to topic... we know a lot of people here suffer from several degrees of depression and social fobia. This can be a result of short stature due to discrimination and can become a vicious circle in which these conditions can alter our own body image, which in turn makes us feel more depressed.

There are posters like Body Builder who try to argue logically that people of average or more than average should not do this surgery, while other people say 5'7 , 5'8, etc. Afterwards, a LL of average height or more tries to defend their position because of tallness of family, feeling of looking the rest from above, etc.

What we all have here is an OVERVALUED IDEA, that being taller will bring more women, more respect, and overall better life. It is an exaggerated belief which can be partially true but a lot of people here are fixated to the point that it becomes the main target of their life. When they argue they are not being logical, they are acting because of their emotions. For them LL is the solution to those negative feelings. So, I don't think people above average are crazy or mentally ill necessarily but they do have one idea that is bordering on delusional.

I totally agree. We all believe to a certain extent that being taller will bring more women, more respect, and overall better life otherwise none of us would consider LL or be on this forum. But you're absolutely right, it is not a magic pill. It won't get rid of all your problems. It's like taking cough medicine to try to cure cancer.

MrHandsome

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2017, 06:40:08 AM »

Having plastic surgeries is one thing.
Really needing plastic surgeries to fix an aesthetic problem is another thing and that makes the difference between having a mental illness or having a real problem that you want to improve.

If someone has 30% fat he is a good candidate for a liposuction. If someone has 12% fat and wants a liposuction, he is ill.
The same happens between a 5.5 and a 6ft men who want LL. The first one can really improve his life and has real reasons to risk for LL while the second is just mentally ill as he risks to improve something that is not even a problem.
Things are that obvious for me.

Exactly this is common sense. Anyone over 5'10 who is getting leg lengthening has a mental problem.

jojo

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2017, 07:17:25 AM »

What if you come from NL Where the main hieght is around 6-6,1 and you Are around 5,10

Thats the same as doing it at 5,8 in a contries Where the main hieght is 5,10

MrHandsome

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2017, 07:45:13 AM »

What if you come from NL Where the main hieght is around 6-6,1 and you Are around 5,10

Thats the same as doing it at 5,8 in a contries Where the main hieght is 5,10

Yes if you are below average in your area that is fine. Do people call you short a lot at 5'10? Just wondering.

Sibirsky

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2017, 08:26:46 AM »

My principal view is that everyone on this forum are like people looking to get a nose job done. Whether or not you have a nice nose to begin with is entirely subjective, depending on your view of yourself and with whom you're comparing to I.e. country of origin, family, friends. Except unlike the nose job, this is incredibly expensive as well as temporally and  physically demanding. And that you can compare height quantitavly unlike noses, but I digress

Height or lack of carries no physiological problems (unless you suffer from medically recognised gigantism or dwarfism) but doing this surgery will. So is anyone regardless of height 100% sane to sacrifice a perfectly functioning body for height? Is absolutely no one "mentally retarded"? At the end of the, less judgement is better and do what makes you happy.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:47:55 AM by Sibirsky »
176 cm before
184 cm after
-Walking, squatting, jogging slowly but not yet running
-Advocate of average height people wanting to be taller

jojo

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »

I agree. If a person who was 6,4 did LL
I Can say i wouldent envy Him. I would not judge.
If he was a prick walking around telling everyone under 6,4 was short i would just Walk away becuse he Will Face alot of walls in life

So Yes less judge is better

Body Builder

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2017, 11:20:48 AM »

My principal view is that everyone on this forum are like people looking to get a nose job done. Whether or not you have a nice nose to begin with is entirely subjective, depending on your view of yourself and with whom you're comparing to I.e. country of origin, family, friends. Except unlike the nose job, this is incredibly expensive as well as temporally and  physically demanding. And that you can compare height quantitavly unlike noses, but I digress

Height or lack of carries no physiological problems (unless you suffer from medically recognised gigantism or dwarfism) but doing this surgery will. So is anyone regardless of height 100% sane to sacrifice a perfectly functioning body for height? Is absolutely no one "mentally retarded"? At the end of the, less judgement is better and do what makes you happy.
Someone who sacrifices a perfectly functioning body to become normal-average or close to in height sacrifices something to achieve something other that for most of us is more important than running fast or jumping very high etc.
But someone who sacrifices a perfectly functioning body to become taller than average or very tall simply sacrifices something for no benefit in reality.
So yes, the difference is big and I can accept for myself or other short guys (as I was too before LL) to be in the same category with insanes like Vader and maybe even you as you did 8cm in tibias with a starting height more than average in your country, only because we all did LL.

LL is not suitable for anyone. However, anyone can do it but most of the times the height of the patient is a clear evidence of his state of mind.

myloginacct

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »

A topic dicussed heavily recently has been if mental disorders are the real causes that affect many users life. Be it from low self esteem or height neurosis we have all faced this to a degree.

If you could define only low self esteem as a mental illness (it is not one), then you could define the majority of the forum members as being mentally ill. That's why it's funny when you get some taller narcissists registering here and making posts on how they will finally get to be their 6'2 "true" selves, get the [number slash ten] women they "deserve" or whatever other bs they learned off the web, all after breaking their legs for it. They talk of the perfect life they're "entitled" to or have been "robbed of", but it just shows their (possibly literally) crippling insecurity. With that said, there's nothing wrong with having low self esteem, and for most it generally stems from real issues (like physical features, which may include height).

But yes, every man who's the average (or above) male height of the place he lives in has most likely other underlying issues. The most common ones are certainly BDD, depression, anxiety disorders and/or narcissistic personality disorder. It's much more important they give self-acceptance a try, as it could solve whatever pain they have without the risks. I don't think their height disqualifies them from CLL (it's their legs, life, and money), but it's obviously different for them. There are more complex factors like being an okay height for your country but under the average of your own ethnic group, but I'll leave that aside for now.

When in your opinion does it go to far to the point that they need to forget about the surgery and focus on getting help.

Most people will benefit from getting help if they went far enough down the rabbit hole to learn about CLL, no matter if actually very short or average. With that said, it's specially obvious/urgent that anyone who feels like they need to get CLL as soon as possible for them, despite being the average (or above) height for their country, needs to try to get help before even thinking about going through a procedure like this. You could call these people sick, as they will be willing to go to very bad doctors and risk so much. Ideally, no one should be going to bad doctors, but these people may not even benefit from it, even if it all goes well. In general, anyone who seems like they're about to make a bad, uninformed, hasty decision needs help first and foremost.

If this was an easy and cheap surgery where people magically get the height increase they want with the press of a button, my opinion would be very different. Too bad we are still not living in the times where people are easily able to look like whatever they want to look like.

This is also an interesting thread because it has more information on Rozbruch, and I know there have been more people looking into him recently.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2018, 10:18:56 AM »

I can see why doctors would want to have a psyche evaluation with some of his/her patients. I personallty think anyone above five feet six should not do cosmetic limb lengthening. Below five six and living in western world height prejudice is often a factor. People who are five six and over and want to do CLL I think they may suffer from height dysphoria.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

ThatGuy

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »

I can see why doctors would want to have a psyche evaluation with some of his/her patients. I personallty think anyone above five feet six should not do cosmetic limb lengthening. Below five six and living in western world height prejudice is often a factor. People who are five six and over and want to do CLL I think they may suffer from height dysphoria.
Honestly I hate necroing, but in response to this I'll admit I probably did have some form of height dysphoria a few years back. Which only got worse when I had seen my 6'7+ cousin and my 6'2 dad after not seeing them for almost a decade. I guess in reality I'm only getting LL at 5'8 because I feel like I wanna even things out. It's not like I couldn't pull off 6'0-6'2 with my wingspan so I might as well get the procedure and be done with it so I can move on with my life.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up