Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PILI/CATAGNI LEG LENGTHENING 9 CM ACHIEVED. ITALIAN 8 MONTHS IN THIS JOURNEY  (Read 3715 times)

Espresso2132

Hello everyone.

I have done the lengthening with doctor catagni with the help of pili in october 2016. I have finished lengthening. I have achieved 9 cm In 120 days. I wanted to Know If there is someone that is right on my stage( about to end). Thinking what will be like the removal stage and the post removal. if anyone else has questions on my journey up until now I am up in answering. Thank y all

TIBIKE200

Aren't the proportions really skewed? I have seen pictures of people who lengthened 7cm+ on their tibias and non looked remotely good. Even a Pilli patient who did 8cm on his tibias
I learned some stuff during this time

Body Builder

Have you done achilles tendon lengthening surgery?
Because without that 9cm in tibias is more than hard without massive ballerina.

Thanks for sharing wish u a speedy recovery

biggerdreams

Why did you choose Catagni vs Pili? Can you tell us more about yourself? Where you live and also where you stayed during lengthening.

What were your biggest challenges during the process? Is it what you expected?

Espresso2132

Aren't the proportions really skewed? I have seen pictures of people who lengthened 7cm+ on their tibias and non looked remotely good. Even a Pilli patient who did 8cm on his tibias

proportions are great. i was 171, so now i reached 180 cm without shoes... when the doctor has seen me first he told me it is nicer to have the tibias longer than the femurs, mainly cuz the eye catches that more easiy, they stand out more. i am glad i have done tibias rather than the femur. i mean, then its you as a patient in knowing what to do and on how far u want to push the lenghening. in my personal opinion, this is the type of surgery that is done once and thats all, so i wanted to maximize the outcome, so in a few years i wouldnt regret anything about it.

Espresso2132

Have you done achilles tendon lengthening surgery?
Because without that 9cm in tibias is more than hard without massive ballerina.

i did the lenghening of the tendon, and that was about in februry. that was really painful... mainly cuz they insert 2 pins each foot and for about a month circa, you cant really more your feet...but again, when you thinking in doing such surgery you have to know that you have to do the  tendon, also cuz with the tibias lenghening is at a fast rate, mine was 0.075 a day, and the tendon isnt fast enough in stretching, causing massive pain.... i have done crazy hours of exercises... but it wont take you anywhere... in the long term it  has to be done.

Espresso2132

Thanks for sharing wish u a speedy recovery

thank you.

Body Builder

i did the lenghening of the tendon, and that was about in februry. that was really painful... mainly cuz they insert 2 pins each foot and for about a month circa, you cant really more your feet...but again, when you thinking in doing such surgery you have to know that you have to do the  tendon, also cuz with the tibias lenghening is at a fast rate, mine was 0.075 a day, and the tendon isnt fast enough in stretching, causing massive pain.... i have done crazy hours of exercises... but it wont take you anywhere... in the long term it  has to be done.
So how do you feel your legs (walking, jogging etc) after atl?
Because I've done atl too and it was the most catastrophic decision I've ever done and I've done a corrective-shortening surgery almost 3 months ago to feel my legs normal again.
I am very against atl and I don't know anyone who did it to not regret it after.

So what is your opinion? Do you feel your legs normal now?

Espresso2132

Post surgery for the tendon lengthening... Was so painful, hard to explain... But after a week or so I got the hang of it. Started walking right afterwards and also started driving too. I mean  I sort of gained back my freedom because due the lengthening your forced to have literally the feet blocked at 90 degrees. But now I walk, i drive, i am content on how things moving forwards. I just can't wait for the full removal. It's been a crazy ride

Body Builder

Post surgery for the tendon lengthening... Was so painful, hard to explain... But after a week or so I got the hang of it. Started walking right afterwards and also started driving too. I mean  I sort of gained back my freedom because due the lengthening your forced to have literally the feet blocked at 90 degrees. But now I walk, i drive, i am content on how things moving forwards. I just can't wait for the full removal. It's been a crazy ride
Atl is a very bad surgery my friend.
I hope I prove wrong but you'll never feel your legs again the same. When you lengthen the tendon the tension of the triceps surae (at, gastrocnemius and soleus muscles) is way off and the muscles can't work normally. You'll always have a weakness in walking, your running will be very slow and your jumping will be minimal if could happen at all.

Right now I have major bf after my fix surgery but I prefer it 1000 times than the loose and weak feeling I had after atl.
I really hope your condition to be better but you should have avoided atl at all costs and stayed at 6-6.5 cm to have a great height and function completely normally.
After atl noone is even close to what he was before. Only shortening surgery could help after, nothing else, but it is a new major surgery that very few doctors do it.
Generally, people should avoid atl no matter what.

Espresso2132

Your the first person I came across speaking like this. Indeed I. Followed up what my doctor has said. This surgery has been exstiting for the past 30 years. Everything has improved. Obviously some react to it differently... Tried sending u a pic. I. Am actually driving right now. Smooth as hell, I know someone that didn't do the ATL, and now he is having issues. 80 % of people that due this surgery have to go through the ATL. Simply Cuz it's the greater good For a good result at the long term. Otherwise, trust me. If it was avoidable I would have done so. No pain no gain.

Body Builder

Nowadays almost no respectable doctor performs atl for LL.
They just make the patient stop before he has massive bf and needs atl.
Also, the thing that in the past made a lot of atls doesn't mean anything as after they see how bad the results were in the patients power they made it only in extreme cases.
Nowadays doctors perform gastrocnemius recession to achieve better ankle rom but still they try to avoid it too and just stop patient before lengthening too much.
That's why we say to not go over 6-6.5 in tibias. 9cm is really a bad decision as your biomechanics are dramatically changed and im addition to atl, you will be lucky to walk completelly normal and for lomg distances.
Driving is absolutely nothing, walking, running amd jumping is where you need the power of at.

I really hope you will be the exception but all the people I know had terrible results. Crimsontide can support my words as he did it too.
I am saying all these to protect people from doing that surgery because if someone had told me all these before 5 years when I did it, I would have acoid it and had much better results and I wouldn't have done another surgery right now to fix it.
Long term results of atl is comoletely reduction of bf but also a permanent loose and weak walking and great reduction of athletic abilities.
I wish you are the exception but still most of the people who did it are not.

The Dreamer

Nowadays almost no respectable doctor performs atl for LL.
They just make the patient stop before he has massive bf and needs atl.
Also, the thing that in the past made a lot of atls doesn't mean anything as after they see how bad the results were in the patients power they made it only in extreme cases.
Nowadays doctors perform gastrocnemius recession to achieve better ankle rom but still they try to avoid it too and just stop patient before lengthening too much.
That's why we say to not go over 6-6.5 in tibias. 9cm is really a bad decision as your biomechanics are dramatically changed and im addition to atl, you will be lucky to walk completelly normal and for lomg distances.
Driving is absolutely nothing, walking, running amd jumping is where you need the power of at.

I really hope you will be the exception but all the people I know had terrible results. Crimsontide can support my words as he did it too.
I am saying all these to protect people from doing that surgery because if someone had told me all these before 5 years when I did it, I would have acoid it and had much better results and I wouldn't have done another surgery right now to fix it.
Long term results of atl is comoletely reduction of bf but also a permanent loose and weak walking and great reduction of athletic abilities.
I wish you are the exception but still most of the people who did it are not.
The major problem going with Pili & Catagni is ATL indeed.They strongly believe doing this would make better your conditions.
However I'm inclined to agree with you Bodybuilder.Forgetting that you descrive in a very realistic and detailed way the problems with this operation, I read an article that was strongly against that.Maybe later I'll insert the link,editing this post.
However I've sent a PM to this guy for major explanation,I hope he will answer soon.
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you
Pages: [1]   Go Up