Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibly going to undergo forearm lengthening, insecure about arm length.  (Read 2111 times)

spider.l

• Visitor

I was originally 172 cm, now I am 178 cm and am planning a possible surgery on my femurs to get me to 183-184 cm. I have notice that in some individuals, their humerus takes so much of their arm up, I am in that category and will look weird if I touch my humerus for sure. Dr. Solomin and Dr. Kulesh have had success with forearm lengthening and are not quacks. I understand that because of the unique movements of the forearm that it is more risky than humerus lengthening. But every paper I have looked over, even amounts such as 10 cm did not permanently mess up the movements. I do not believe humerus lengthening is a viable option for me because it will definitely make my arms look more feminine. I have been in contact with them and they have agreed to 1.5-2 cm per forearm. I would really like 2cm on each forearm but will have to really think about this more. I am from the U.S.A and have already gone external tibia and I really doubt forearm lengthening will be worse, atleast I will be able to walk. I understand that many surgeons will not do it for cosmetic reasons (although I think Paley will if requested and the amount is conservative). Call me crazy but my humerus takes up too much of my arm as it is. Yes I know arm length/proportions don't matter to many of you, I don't want to hear any comments about how I am stupid/crazy, but I do not like having short arms and my forearms are definitely too short compared to my humerus. But if they had so much success with it is it really that risky as members here make it out to be with the amount is conservative?

I have read all the threads about forearm lengthening on here and the other site, but unfortunately I am concerned about my proportions especially if I decide for another LL (which is most likely).

TIBIKE200

If a good surgeon will allow you, go for it. But think carefully.

Where did you do your Tibias?
I learned some stuff during this time

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Idk which doctor said that(i think Parihar) forearm lengthening is risky af

Penguinn

I don't know much about forearm lengthening but there's just no way I'd do that. You're already 178cms man.

onemorefoot

Forearm lengthening shouldnt be done, better humerus.
Budget will determine my future.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Dr Paley wrote that forearm lengthening could have a "pulled taffy" effect where the bone regenerate of the forearm grows more thin than the original bone due to the pinch of the surrounding muscles and small diameter of the bones in the forearm. I don't know what the practical effects of that is, but it sounds like your forearms after lengthening would forever be more brittle and prone to injury.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

vegeta24

I agree with the fact that some people with longer humerus to forearm ratio probably should not do arm lengthening. I've looked into forearm lengthening myself and have seen the studies, but you have to keep in mind that those individuals had deformities, in a case of a normal patient it may be different, but I'm not sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up