Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilateral Femurs with Doctor Paley  (Read 1247 times)

StrydetoSucceed

• Visitor
Bilateral Femurs with Doctor Paley
« on: September 26, 2020, 06:28:47 PM »

Surgery Date September 24th
Dr Paley & Dr Robbins
Start Height- 5'5 (165 CM)
End Goal 5'8 (173 CM)
Late 20's

I had my consultation with Dr Paley last year & it finally took me a year to make a decision to go with this surgery. With the onset of Covid, it made it easier for me to move down to West Palm Beach for few months so I can work remotely after couple of weeks. My parents also came down here to help out with initial few weeks. I was planning to get surgery first week of October, however I decided last min to get surgery done in Sep

Surgery Experience:
I was told to come early on September 24th at 6:30 AM. After finishing up some paper work, I was taken to pre-op room to get all get tests done. Nurses were great and made me feel after very comfortable throughout the entire process. After couple of hours, I was taken to the surgery room where I was given Anastasia and I woke up around 3 PM later that day. Pain wasn't that bad since I was given bunch of pain medications that day. I definitely felt nauseated to Anastasia & threw up only once on the day of the surgery. Definitely felt a lot better after I threw up.

It's my third day at the hospital & I was finally able to walk around with walker earlier today. Pain is definitely there every now and then but nurses have taking quite good care of me. I did manage to sleep comfortably first 2 days & had to take Oxycotine 5 Mg every 4-5 hours especially during the night . I have also being give some antiobiotics,Valium,Vit D at periodic intervals. Again , I will mention nurses are top notch here & have been taking good care of me so far.

First Day Pain Lever- 5-6
Second Day-- 5-6 Later in the day.
Thirst dat- 1-2 Before my PT session. It's afternoon right now ( So far so good)

I am due to get discharged tomorrow--Wish me luck guys. I will keep you all posted on my progress
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde)
Surgery: Sep 24 2020
Starting height: 5'5 / 165cm 
Goal - 8 cm (5'8 / 173 cm)

Hagane

Re: Bilateral Femurs with Doctor Paley
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 07:10:57 PM »

best of luck STS!
will keep an eye on your progress!
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

StrydetoSucceed

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 12:57:32 PM »

4th day in Hospital. Pain is only 1-2 (out of 10) for most part of the day. Only taking oxy 5mg or 10 mg before PT session. Still no bowel movement. Nurse gave me some prune juice & milk of magnesia to speed up the bowel movement.

Good News- I am finally able to lift my leg on my own in my bed. I wasn't able to do that until yesterday.

I asked the nurse & Dr Alan if I could stay here another night & they were totally fine with it. I will try to take a full lap of the floor on walker today and see how it goes.

I will update you all later today.

brondo

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »

Congrats on starting your journey! I'm jealous you get to do this with Dr. Paley. Please keep us updated on how everything turns out.

-brondo

Beforeandafter

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »

Best of luck.
Keep updates.

StrydetoSucceed

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 08:22:07 PM »

Surgery Date September 24th
Dr Paley & Dr Robbins
Start Height- 5'5 (165 CM)
End Goal 5'8 (173 CM)
Late 20's
Long Term Goal - 5'10 ( Get Tibias done around same time next year if money & time permits)

I had my consultation with Dr Paley last year & it finally took me a year to make a decision to go with this surgery. With the onset of Covid, it made it easier for me to move down to West Palm Beach for few months so I can work remotely after couple of weeks. My parents also came down here to help out with initial few weeks. I was planning to get surgery first week of October, however I decided last min to get surgery done in Sep

Surgery Experience:
I was told to come early on September 24th at 6:30 AM. After finishing up some paper work, I was taken to pre-op room to get all get tests done. Nurses were great and made me feel after very comfortable throughout the entire process. After couple of hours, I was taken to the surgery room where I was given Anastasia and I woke up around 3 PM later that day. Pain wasn't that bad since I was given bunch of pain medications that day. I definitely felt nauseated to Anastasia & threw up only once on the day of the surgery. Definitely felt a lot better after I threw up.

It's my third day at the hospital & I was finally able to walk around with walker earlier today. Pain is definitely there every now and then but nurses have taking quite good care of me. I did manage to sleep comfortably first 2 days & had to take Oxycotine 5 Mg every 4-5 hours especially during the night . I have also being give some antiobiotics,Valium,Vit D at periodic intervals. Again , I will mention nurses are top notch here & have been taking good care of me so far.

First Day Pain Lever- 5-6
Second Day-- 5-6 Later in the day.
Thirst dat- 1-2 Before my PT session. It's afternoon right now ( So far so good)

I am due to get discharged tomorrow--Wish me luck guys. I will keep you all posted on my progress

StrydetoSucceed

• Visitor
Bilateral Femurs with Doctor Paley Sep 2020
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 12:50:23 PM »

Hello LL Family--Sorry for going mia for a bit...Just been busy with work,family & PT :)

So today is Day 15(Finally 1 CM longer ;). )

Here are updates for last 10 days-

Day 4 - Discharged from hospital. My brother flew down from NY and rented a SUV to pick me up from the hospital. I didn't use my car (Mustang) since everybody thought it would be too hard for me to get in & out of the car. since it's too low. Used wheel chair to get into my apartment (Wheel chair friendly on 8th floor).

Day 5 - Just spent some time with family , resting , and did some exercises every now & then that PT instructed when I was in the hospital. Pain was tolerable yet pretty high. I was taking around 2-3 oxys every 5-6 hours since Tylenol wasn't helping. Only using walker to get around in the house.

Day 6- Had my first PT session - They took all the measurements . PT lady seemed quite impressed with my walk. I made sure to take 1 oxy before PT (1 hr before) so I could give my 100%. They showed me few stretches & brother recorded all of them so I can do them at home.

Day 7
- First day of lengthening. I met with Luke early morning and used the ERC device to lengthen my legs 0.25 mm in front of him. .I have been told to use it 4x a day & making sure to not using it past 10 PM at night. I also removed the 6 patches (3 on each side).

Day 8-13- I have doing PT sessions everyday for 60 mins(except the weekends) & then doing about 2 sessions (around 30 mins) with my family. Pain has been pretty standard(hovered around 1-4 during day & 3-6 later in the evening.) I have been using 1 oxy 1 hr before my PT every single time & using the second one around in the evening. Oxy definitely helps me bring my A game during PT sessions.

I tried pushing through pain in the evening but it gets too uncomfortable at night forcing me to take one or half of 5 mg oxy along with Tylenol. Sleep has been good..I have been pretty much clocking in 6-7 hrs of sleep every night which is a good thing. I would just wake 1 or 2 times during night to urinate in the urinal since I am too stiff to use a walker to use the restroom. I have been taking shower everyday using the commode that they provided at time of discharge.

Day 14- The PT guy made me use cane for the first time. He told me people usually start using it at end of the 3rd week but I can start using it at the house for now since I have my family around. I am still kind of wobbly using a cane & not 100% comfortable. I think it would take me another week to fully prepared to use cane. I asked him how I was doing in terms of my walk & flexibility & he told I am doing alright slight above avg---However, he told me it would get tough as I get deep into the lengthening (4-5 cm) & it would get challenging then to stay above the curve.

I have only been using walker since I got discharged. I haven' t used wheelchair or crutches in last 10 days.

Day 15 - Finally 8mm (1 cm) taller....More to come..

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 07:16:14 PM »

Following. Hope you're doing okay
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up