Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC about Dutch average height  (Read 5230 times)

Knik

BBC about Dutch average height
« on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:25 PM »

Some comments : "most 18 16 year old girls are 180 or 185 cm" / "I am 16 years old, and 5'9. I am one of the shortest boys in the class our average boy length is 6'1 in class. Yep..... The Netherlands" / "Living in the netherlands is weird man, i'm 1,83(6') and most of my friends are way taller."
(I even think that Sun Ming Ming would be woman average in Netherlands)

I never visited Netherlands but it seems they are playing (maybe even mocking a bit) with that "myth" (""""""""""""""""""""). They have the tallest average of course (6ft), but it's only 3cm more than Czech, German, Belgian or Finnish (181 cm for Finland) average and nobody is talking about that countries. They are already pretending that their woman average is taller : like 6'1 that is already taller than every man average in the world (even dinaric Alps). And for people who can see some Dutch people thanks to tourism (that's the case where I'm living) they seems way under what we can read about.
And that BBC documentary is wrong, they are showing 6'6 and 6'1 women but even in Netherlands it's not common. That's also the case for 6'7. At 6'7 you are above Dutch average. You can make that kind of documentary (I mean showing tall people) everywhere, even in China.
And people in vid are probably not that tall.

What do you think about ? Even if I know there is already many topics about it
Looking for Pili

YungGud

Re: BBC about Dutch average height
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »

I think again ,it's all overestimated,Dutch average about 6 ft tall not full 6 ft ,some guy who was there  (he is 6 ft 1) told he felt comfortable above average height ,but there a bit bigger % of 6ft + people than in other parts of Europe
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »

I was in netherlands once and people aren't so tall. At least not taller than where im living lol.

Knik

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 03:07:49 PM »

That also what I think YungGud. So you are agree, that comments and kind of documentaries are bullcrap ?

Also don't forget that tallest woman average is ESTONIA, not Netherlands. I think it's time to stop with that  
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »

I was in netherlands once and people aren't so tall. At least not taller than where im living lol.

Yes, I guess. I'm sure I wouldn't see a big difference between my country and Netherlands.
But anyway where I'm living, it's full of Dutch and German tourists.
Looking for Pili

YungGud

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »

That also what I think YungGud. So you are agree, that comments and kind of documentaries are bullcrap ?

Also don't forget that tallest woman average is ESTONIA, not Netherlands. I think it's time to stop with that crap
Yup,I am totally agree with that
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Knik

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 03:27:16 PM »

Looking for Pili

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »

I think that all these are bs and people who brag about how tall they are are only because their countries have nothing more to offer in the worldwide community.

Dutches are so "capable" physically that almost all their natiolan football team players and boxers (the only sports that Netherlands is good at) are immigrants.
These are the "proud 6.1ft average height" Dutches. ;)

Knik

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »

I think that all these are bs and people who brag about how tall they are are only because their countries have nothing more to offer in the worldwide community.

Dutches are so "capable" physically that almost all their natiolan football team players and boxers (the only sports that Netherlands is good at) are immigrants.
These are the "proud 6.1ft average height" Dutches. ;)

6'1 average ? how dwarf, at 6'1 you are 1 or 2ft under Dutch woman average. Look at that 6'6 girl (who is probably not that tall), she is dwarf there !

But it's true that most the time we can hear about that country it's about that topic
Netherlands have more to offer, I'm sure. It's an interesting country

Looking for Pili

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »

I never visited Netherlands but it seems they are playing (maybe even mocking a bit) with that "myth"

You pretty much summed it up with that sentence. Yeah it's a national motif they like to play with and exaggerate, just like the stereotype that all Germans work hard and all Italians are lazy and womanizers. You can completely disregard Youtube comments for that matter because enough people there post stupid things that they've heard and aren't true (a lot of peole are stupid IRL) or because they have a wrong perception of height (they overestimate it). Adding to that, I've seen people of every nationality claiming that [insert nationality] is tall that you can pretty much not take these statements seriously. On the other LL forum, I've seen a Spanish guy say that young Spanish men are 1,85 on average, the Chinese poster on this forum saying young Chinese are 1,78 on average, I've also seen the statement that young people in Somalia are 6'1'' on average, and yeah of course the 6'1'' statement for Holland, which is probably closer to 6' in reality.

There's also the study that showed the average height stalled since 10-20 years and we can assume this trend is not going to change, because the Netherlands has a fair share of migrants that have higher birth rates and that will also mix with the native population a little, which will at least cause the height range to become more "diverse". One example is that a poster here once said that 5'7'' is still a common height in the Netherlands, even for a man, because you just have to go to a university and see a random, short Somali migrant attending there.

Funny note aside, if you follow F1, there's two Finns and a Dutchman racing there, and neither are tall. And they are natives.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

google42

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »

You pretty much summed it up with that sentence. Yeah it's a national motif they like to play with and exaggerate, just like the stereotype that all Germans work hard and all Italians are lazy and womanizers. You can completely disregard Youtube comments for that matter because enough people there post stupid things that they've heard and aren't true (a lot of peole are stupid IRL) or because they have a wrong perception of height (they overestimate it). Adding to that, I've seen people of every nationality claiming that [insert nationality] is tall that you can pretty much not take these statements seriously. On the other LL forum, I've seen a Spanish guy say that young Spanish men are 1,85 on average, the Chinese poster on this forum saying young Chinese are 1,78 on average, I've also seen the statement that young people in Somalia are 6'1'' on average, and yeah of course the 6'1'' statement for Holland, which is probably closer to 6' in reality.

There's also the study that showed the average height stalled since 10-20 years and we can assume this trend is not going to change, because the Netherlands has a fair share of migrants that have higher birth rates and that will also mix with the native population a little, which will at least cause the height range to become more "diverse". One example is that a poster here once said that 5'7'' is still a common height in the Netherlands, even for a man, because you just have to go to a university and see a random, short Somali migrant attending there.

Funny note aside, if you follow F1, there's two Finns and a Dutchman racing there, and neither are tall. And they are natives.
I've  seen this stuff online too where people overestimate height and exaggerate. The average in the Netherlands I read some where was actually 5-11. Doesn't matter because people will consider that 6 feet  anyways.

Knik

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »

Yes, 6ft average is already very tall.
But it's average, it mean there is still many people under that. (They will say it's only migrants)

I remember a spanish woman saying that all her female friends were over 5'9 and male over 6'1
But she was probably thinking that 5'9 is 1m59 and 6'1 1m61 but if not she is overestimating a lot
Also it's funny because in some case, people can underestimate easier.
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 08:10:31 PM »

I've  seen this stuff online too where people overestimate height and exaggerate. The average in the Netherlands I read some where was actually 5-11. Doesn't matter because people will consider that 6 feet  anyways.

If 5'11 is Dutch average, that mean they are not the tallest in Europe ?
What I'm sure is that German average is not above Czech average
Looking for Pili

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 03:28:00 AM »

Average height in a country has a lot of effect. I am now on vacation with my gf in my home country israel. Here average height is 2cm shorter than in Italy (where I live). After an entire day of walking in tel aviv, my gf said to me (knowing about my height insecurity) that i am taller than many people ( all women as well) and that i look almost tallish in here. Feels good.

average height has a lot of influence. Even a single inch moves the bell curve a lot
I learned some stuff during this time

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 12:01:07 PM »

Average height in a country has a lot of effect. I am now on vacation with my gf in my home country israel. Here average height is 2cm shorter than in Italy (where I live). After an entire day of walking in tel aviv, my gf said to me (knowing about my height insecurity) that i am taller than many people ( all women as well) and that i look almost tallish in here. Feels good.

average height has a lot of influence. Even a single inch moves the bell curve a lot
On Isreal the average men's height is 1.77 while in Italy is 1.765 (from official statistics).
So being almost 7cm less than average height in both countries makes you shorter than the majority of people and in no way "tallish".
I am 3-4cm less than average in my country and still I never feel "tallish" and most of men are at least a little taller than me. If I was 7 cm shorter than average for sure I'd feel even shorter.

So it is better to not exaggerate and Tibike you keep exaggerating about your height saying it is not a problem in dating and all these, while this can't be true as anything less (by a good amount) than average is always a problem.
And after all, if everything is fine (dating, people see you as "tallish" etc) then you shouldn't have height insecurity.
From the moment you have (and you are not insane like some 5.11 dudes who want LL) then you see that your height is not good .

Bander72

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 12:19:01 PM »

Yeah unless he already lengthen I was thinking that Israel avg height cant be less than 5"7. Bodybuilder with lifts I am a inch above average in the u.s and the same as the tallest race causcasian. Yet I still want to wear lifts to be at 6 feet after surgery. So i think it all depends on the persons mentality after all we have some nutcases in the forum that think that they are too short at 180 cm.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Knik

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »

Yeah unless he already lengthen I was thinking that Israel avg height cant be less than 5"7. Bodybuilder with lifts I am a inch above average in the u.s and the same as the tallest race causcasian. Yet I still want to wear lifts to be at 6 feet after surgery. So i think it all depends on the persons mentality after all we have some nutcases in the forum that think that they are too short at 180 cm.

Does American people are tall ? Because it's weird, I'm actually curious how they can find so many 6'6 + people for NBA
Looking for Pili

Bander72

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »

U.S is the same as the other devolped western eroupe countries. Minoritys bring the average height down which is why I was mentioning white male average height which  is 5 10. Alot of those nba players just have the right genetics and very few ever make it if they are short for basketball which is why there is mostly extremly tall people there.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

TIBIKE200

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »

On Isreal the average men's height is 1.77 while in Italy is 1.765 (from official statistics).
So being almost 7cm less than average height in both countries makes you shorter than the majority of people and in no way "tallish".
I am 3-4cm less than average in my country and still I never feel "tallish" and most of men are at least a little taller than me. If I was 7 cm shorter than average for sure I'd feel even shorter.

So it is better to not exaggerate and Tibike you keep exaggerating about your height saying it is not a problem in dating and all these, while this can't be true as anything less (by a good amount) than average is always a problem.
And after all, if everything is fine (dating, people see you as "tallish" etc) then you shouldn't have height insecurity.
From the moment you have (and you are not insane like some 5.11 dudes who want LL) then you see that your height is not good .

In italy average is 178-179 in israel it is 176. Israelis are shorter thank you. I get it you are extremely insecure. Dont state false facts.

Body Builder

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »

Does American people are tall ? Because it's weird, I'm actually curious how they can find so many 6'6 + people for NBA
With 350 million population is really easy to find 2000-3000 tall people who could play good basketball.
Nothing weird.

Body Builder

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 02:01:22 PM »

In italy average is 178-179 in israel it is 176. Israelis are shorter thank you. I get it you are extremely insecure. Dont state false facts.
The facts are these:
Italy average height of men : 1.76,5
Israel average height of men : 1.77
Source: http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country

I am not insecure, I am realist and I can't hear a man with 7cm less than average height to feel "tallish" on Israel and not in Italy which has the same or less average height.
And no, in Italy average man is not 1.79 for sure, so speak with facts or don't say bs about "tallish" and all these.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »

The facts are these:
Italy average height of men : 1.76,5
Israel average height of men : 1.77
Source: http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country

I am not insecure, I am realist and I can't hear a man with 7cm less than average height to feel "tallish" on Israel and not in Italy which has the same or less average height.
And no, in Italy average man is not 1.79 for sure, so speak with facts or don't say bs about "tallish" and all these.

You are extremely insecure. Let aside your comments about being "perfect in everything" besides height, your reaccuring remarks about 6'2+ looking lanky and bad all the time shows you are extremely insecure about your height (or just simply insecure in general).   
   Since you have joined this forum you have done nothing but continuesly repeat the same mantra about how being even a single cm shorter than average is horrible or what not. The fact that you did LL does not make you an authority about height and when it is ok for someone to do LL or when someone should feel bad about his height.
   You are just a narcissist who can't accept being less than an adonis and you try to justify your unaccomplished narcissism by telling people who feel good about their height (which doesn't correspond to your presumed "perfect" height) that they should feel bad and insecure.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 02:53:19 PM »

Hey, leave him be. He was obviously pretty satisfied with his height in the situation he described, why try to destroy it? We are all here because we're unhappy with our height, so if he felt better at least for a couple of days, that's a huge victory for him. He might not even need to do this horrible surgery anymore.

I also disagree that an average to slightly below average height can not feel "tallish" in certain situations. If you hang out with a couple of friends, let's say 5 women and 2 guys, and only one of these people is taller than you, it can feel tallish.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Body Builder

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 04:20:30 PM »

You are extremely insecure. Let aside your comments about being "perfect in everything" besides height, your reaccuring remarks about 6'2+ looking lanky and bad all the time shows you are extremely insecure about your height (or just simply insecure in general).   
   Since you have joined this forum you have done nothing but continuesly repeat the same mantra about how being even a single cm shorter than average is horrible or what not. The fact that you did LL does not make you an authority about height and when it is ok for someone to do LL or when someone should feel bad about his height.
   You are just a narcissist who can't accept being less than an adonis and you try to justify your unaccomplished narcissism by telling people who feel good about their height (which doesn't correspond to your presumed "perfect" height) that they should feel bad and insecure.
You talked about facts. I gave you the facts about average in Israel and Italy, do you have something to comment about it exceot from your bs about me?
I always talk with facts when I am referring to numbers so accept your fault and stop talking about other things.

I have no problem with you being ok with your height, if you really are.
My problem is that you misrepresent the truth when you say that in Isreal a 5.7 man is about average and sometimes feels "tallish" and that a 5.7 man has no problems in dating and all these bs which does not exist in reality.

So if someone is ok with his height he has no reason to be here otherwise he is a hypocrite.
I am not insecure about my height, I just admit that it is not enough to not have problems in dating.
I am completely honest and speak the truth, I am not saying that I have no problems in dating, I feel "tallish" many times and all these and at the same time I want to break my legs to have a better height.
So the difference between us is not the problems we have with our heights but that I admit it openly and you are not.

Iwannabetaller, I don't want to destroy anyone.
I mentioned the fact that in Israel average height is the same or more than Italy so it is insane to say that you feel "tallish" on Israel and short on Italy.
I don't care if someone feels ok with his height or if he feels "tallish" if he hangs out with dwarves, I really wish anyone would feel ok with himself but the more away you are from average the less objectively good you are and imo, people with high inteligence can't feel ok if they are less than average in any aspect.

biggerdreams

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 03:33:16 AM »

It's easy to find them, just wait for them to play basketball in highschool and college then send a scout to go look at the good players. There are plenty of good players or even tall good players that don't ever play for the NBA because they didn't go to school or never were found.

biggerdreams

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 03:33:57 AM »

I've also been to the Netherlands and did not notice people's height to be taller than, say, height of the average European or American.

Knik

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 09:49:01 AM »

I've also been to the Netherlands and did not notice people's height to be taller than, say, height of the average European or American.

Yes, but on the Net they are all over 6'11 :)
http://www.kaikura.net/tall_women/all_tall_women_portfolios.php most girls here are Dutch
am I a complotiste if I say that most height of these girls are exagerrated ?
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1]   Go Up