Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on a New Members section?  (Read 6578 times)

Penguinn

Thoughts on a New Members section?
« on: July 29, 2017, 05:02:25 AM »

A place for new members, whether they've done their research or not, to ask questions and not cloud LL Discussions.

alps

Re: Thoughts on a New Members section?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 05:07:52 AM »

yeah that'd be useful!

Bander72

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:30:57 AM »

I think thats a good idea as there is always people posting threads about how much they can gain without doing any research.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

jojo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »

Good idea

doomsday

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »

Dont give them new section only because they are too lazy to read any of the diaries or stuff like this " Lengthening Amount Recommended". New members should be able to make new topics 2 weeks after registration apart from the diaries section where people might just come to start a new one. There should be LL badges or something so the new member know when someone posting actually know anything or is just a basement dweller that got nothing else to do apart from posting total crap here. There has to be verified distinction between those who did LL and didnt.
Also there is not enough FAQ on potential risks easily available to new members so they can see how fast things can go wrong ans how difficult LL can be.

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »

I think this is a good idea. A topic where new members can ask what they want and if it has been answered again and again then noone would mind to answer for another time.
This is much better than any lazy new member opening new topics about his personal occasion as if he is something special or something.
I approve your idea Penguinn.
And also agree about doomsday about badges. The significance of the opinions of an LL veteran is not the same with a 18 yo boy or a 5.11 lunatic who never did LL.

Bander72

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 01:48:19 PM »

Dont give them new section only because they are too lazy to read any of the diaries or stuff like this " Lengthening Amount Recommended". New members should be able to make new topics 2 weeks after registration apart from the diaries section where people might just come to start a new one. There should be LL badges or something so the new member know when someone posting actually know anything or is just a basement dweller that got nothing else to do apart from posting total crap here. There has to be verified distinction between those who did LL and didnt.
Also there is not enough FAQ on potential risks easily available to new members so they can see how fast things can go wrong ans how difficult LL can be.

I agree there should be a name tag like in the old  forum that says LL veteran

Penguinn

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »

But that's the thing- you can just as well ignore the new members section. No longer will it take over LL Discussions and force you to see their posts. Those who want to help them can.

Anyway, I don't have the powers to set all these rules. I'm brainstorming and I'll take it to the admin.

limby101

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 03:33:21 PM »

Don't forget you were new to this forum yourself once.
I think there are better ways to welcome new users other than giving them the feeling they're a burden.

And in a more practical note, u could either ignore repetitive questions, or create more informative FAQ like threads.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 03:46:24 PM »

I agree there should be a name tag like in the old  forum that says LL veteran

I also want my LL badge and agree on the temporary ban on posting for new members.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »

Yes, and forbid them from posting in the other sections of the forum until their account is 3 months old and they've made 50 posts.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

biggerdreams

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 01:23:43 AM »

Yes, and forbid them from posting in the other sections of the forum until their account is 3 months old and they've made 50 posts.

I wonder how hard that would be to set up from a coding perspective.

I think 50 posts is a little high. If only there was a thread "read" count.

onemorefoot

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 05:30:37 AM »

Very good idea, but I dont agree with the badges, I know there are respectable people Who have done LL And know about the true facts of the surgery, although not everybody, generalizations are stupid mistakes,.There are people Who have done the surgery And still post lies or not true facts, Imo.
Budget will determine my future.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 06:06:36 AM »

Very good idea, but I dont agree with the badges, I know there are respectable people Who have done LL And know about the true facts of the surgery, although not everybody, generalizations are stupid mistakes,.There are people Who have done the surgery And still post lies or not true facts, Imo.

The last part might be true, but still the ones who do know about the surgery are LL doctors/assistants and then LL patients. There are a lot of "internet doctors" here who think they understand the surgery after reading a few threads and reading a few articles. LL is a delicate procedure only people with years of experience venture.

So yes, as LL patients, we are not on the same level as people interested in the surgery who might or might not do it in the end.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »

The last part might be true, but still the ones who do know about the surgery are LL doctors/assistants and then LL patients. There are a lot of "internet doctors" here who think they understand the surgery after reading a few threads and reading a few articles. LL is a delicate procedure only people with years of experience venture.

So yes, as LL patients, we are not on the same level as people interested in the surgery who might or might not do it in the end.
You have good points, although I think almost everybody here understand the surgery in the basic way, obviously I dont know the anatomic details or how to do the operation. There are situations when you dont need to be a LL doctor to answer It, as we can take the information left by the docs here And write that as an answer to the question. In my case I only repeat what docs here have wrote And dont try to create garbage, If someone dont know something, it is as simple as dont give an answer And dont cackle for nothing

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 08:16:47 AM »

Who has done the surgery and post false information about it?
I have argued with some veterans here for other things but I don't think that anyone have written something false about the surgery.

So of course a veteran badge is very important. The significance of the opinions between a veteran and someone who just heard about some things is not the same.

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »

Who has done the surgery and post false information about it?
I have argued with some veterans here for other things but I don't think that anyone have written something false about the surgery.

So of course a veteran badge is very important. The significance of the opinions between a veteran and someone who just heard about some things is not the same.
I dont want to say that being a LL veteran is nothing, but not every LL veteran knows even more than a person that have not done the surgery, I know you deserve that name, but not every single LL ex patient deserves it. I think that a signature can help also.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »

I dont want to say that being a LL veteran is nothing, but not every LL veteran knows even more than a person that have not done the surgery, I know you deserve that name, but not every single LL ex patient deserves it. I think that a signature can help also.

Every LL veteran knows more than a LL "enthusiast" because they've had a personal experience with the process and can tell their own testimony. The other people are usually just repeating what they might have heard or read in this forum as you've said, most likely without even understanding what they are saying.

A lot of people here think they "know" a lot. Even I, having had a medical education, probably understand better than most about the procedure and its risks but I'm not arrogant enough to think that I completely understand LL in the same way as a trained traumatologist or even the most clueless LL doctor.

Not all people have the same weight while expressing their opinions. That's why in medicine, "expert opinion" is valued as a degree of evidence to make clinical decisions. Coincidentally, a "case report" is even a higher degree of evidence and what are we LL veterans but a living testimony of the LL?
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 07:44:35 PM »

Every LL veteran knows more than a LL "enthusiast" because they've had a personal experience with the process and can tell their own testimony. The other people are usually just repeating what they might have heard or read in this forum as you've said, most likely without even understanding what they are saying.

A lot of people here think they "know" a lot. Even I, having had a medical education, probably understand better than most about the procedure and its risks but I'm not arrogant enough to think that I completely understand LL in the same way as a trained traumatologist or even the most clueless LL doctor.

Not all people have the same weight while expressing their opinions. That's why in medicine, "expert opinion" is valued as a degree of evidence to make clinical decisions. Coincidentally, a "case report" is even a higher degree of evidence and what are we LL veterans but a living testimony of the LL?
I agree that people with high education in medicine like you should be listened before anyone else, the few things I answer are based on the answers that docs have left here, just to make easier for people interested in the surgery to know about It without too much waste time in searching. Now with this section It would be easier.At the end I agree with the badges, but that doesnt mean that people Who May be patients in the future  shouldnt be listened, becuase the forum is for everybody interested in this thing.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 07:58:58 PM »

I agree that people with high education in medicine like you should be listened before anyone else, the few things I answer are based on the answers that docs have left here, just to make easier for people interested in the surgery to know about It without too much waste time in searching. Now with this section It would be easier.At the end I agree with the badges, but that doesnt mean that people Who May be patients in the future  shouldnt be listened, becuase the forum is for everybody interested in this thing.

I think I'm not explaining myself correctly. What I meant is that all LL veterans, even those with no medical knowledge should be listened to before anyone else because they are a living testimony of LL. Of course everyone can have an opinion, and those with a medical background will surely know more. However, I think that LL veterans are even above that level and should have a distinction like a badge or a signature.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 09:07:54 PM »

I think I'm not explaining myself correctly. What I meant is that all LL veterans, even those with no medical knowledge should be listened to before anyone else because they are a living testimony of LL. Of course everyone can have an opinion, and those with a medical background will surely know more. However, I think that LL veterans are even above that level and should have a distinction like a badge or a signature.
if the administrator wants, badges can be created, but I know you will agree with me that anyone can abuse of his/her status. As I wrote before, I agree ( at the end nothing is perfect), and I do think if there is a  votation most of the people will want it. Maybe the only thing is that if the veteran had a bad LL experience his opinion may not be objective anymore. By the way, signatures can be since now.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »

Yes because there is absolutely no LL patients living in complete denial.

doomsday

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 10:18:30 PM »

Actually Apo got one of the best diaries on the internet and he did both section.   load of knowledge in his diaries.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 10:28:35 PM »

Yes lying that he is completely fine and encouraging people to do LL with a doctor that recommends 10-11cms per segment.

What a knowledge.

onemorefoot

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 11:26:46 PM »

Many people had a disaster becuase of the utter crap of this sneaky guy, I dont know if he was lying about his recovery or process. This Guy is a Psycho, no doubts, he is sick.

Body Builder

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 11:31:29 PM »

Many people had a disaster becuase of the utter crap of this sneaky guy, I dont know if he was lying about his recovery or process. This Guy is a Psycho, no doubts, he is sick.
I don't think he is more sick than the psycho here who did 4 inches lengthening with an initial height of 6ft or another crazy man from brazil who wants to do 12+ cm with 5.11 initial height.
I told Apo on the old forum that he should have stopped after his firts LL but still there are much more crazy guys than him and here we have some of them.

onemorefoot

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 11:41:22 PM »

I don't think he is more sick than the psycho here who did 4 inches lengthening with an initial height of 6ft or another crazy man from brazil who wants to do 12+ cm with 5.11 initial height.
I told Apo on the old forum that he should have stopped after his firts LL but still there are much more crazy guys than him and here we have some of them.
I agree that he is not the worst of the world, we have demonize him becuase there are  also Many people that are so blind and do exactly what a pseudopsycho tells them,the things he did were bad wherever we analize them,  but there are worse people.

alps

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 03:15:16 AM »

How will someone prove they are a veteran?

Penguinn

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »

How will someone prove they are a veteran?

A diary with x-rays.

Body Builder

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »

Most of the new threads are from average or more height weirdos who want to lengthen big amounts or silly average height girls who want to scar and break their legs to become more "aesthetic".

Penguinn you should start the new members section where all these weirdos could make their questions there only because this forum starts to becoming a place full of threads of lazy lunatics asking the same and the same again.
If that continues I really believe that normal people who did or want to do LL have no place here.

Bander72

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 01:03:41 AM »

As someone who hasant done the surgery I know that the true ll veterans know alot more in actual complications that can occur. Besides the crazys who want to be 6"5 there also some of questionable I q giving bad information or just very silly statements. As penguin as said you cant ban someone for stupidy but maybe if we had the rep system we can see who should be listened to.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up