Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any other women here getting LL surgery?  (Read 2606 times)

shmv2222

• Visitor
Any other women here getting LL surgery?
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:40 PM »

If so- curious.. What are your reasons for doing so?

silvershade

• Visitor
Re: Any other women here getting LL surgery?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »

I am,
and I'm getting it because so so so many people see me as an object at this height.. and not as a person

Annalisa

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:51:33 PM »

My reasons for wanting surgery is basically that my height has being the main source of my anxiety disorders, that have prevented me to have a life.

I have been locked at home for years.

I've started to see a psychiatrist for a couple of months now, and taking anxiety drugs everyday, cause I had arrived to a point where the only thing I could thing to do in my future, was cutting my throat and ending my meaningless life.

I didn't live my teens. I dropped out of school at almost 16 and locked myself since then.

Now, thanks to the pills, I'm going back to school for my diploma.

Although I feel much better now (thanks to the therapy),  I know I won't never be fully confident in my skin and will face many discriminations in college and in the future career as a doctor I want to pursue, if I don't lengthen.

This is my witness for those who think very short women have an easy life. They don't.

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:39:02 AM »

My reasons for wanting surgery is basically that my height has being the main source of my anxiety disorders, that have prevented me to have a life.

I've started to see a psychiatrist for a couple of months now, and taking anxiety drugs everyday, cause I had arrived to a point where the only thing I could thing to do in my future, was cutting my throat and ending my meaningless life.

I didn't live my teens. I dropped out of school at almost 16 and locked myself since then.

Although I feel much better now (thanks to the therapy),  I know I won't never be fully confident in my skin and will face many discriminations in college and in the future career as a doctor I want to pursue, if I don't lengthen.

This is my witness for those who think very short women have an easy life. They don't.
It is a little curious becuase I enjoy been locked at home, maybe I have adapt to it.
Budget will determine my future.

childish_bambino

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 04:24:02 AM »

I just want to live normally. I know that sounds super dramatic, it's not like that, but I really would appreciate it I could do the little things like shop at any store for pants, stop having people question my age, reach stuff on the shelf, stop being taken for a child, stop asking people for help to get stuff for me, shop clothing online [like dresses and  ] WEAR HIGH LOW DRESSES [that just look like low-lower dresses on me] just blend in and be average height and do normal stuff.

Thatdude950

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »

This is body dysmorphia. When you "fix" your height, your neurosis will move to either another body part, or to the surgery itself (you'll be obsessed with how people look at you while you walk, or worry about your proportions)

You have a neurotic personality that surgery does not fix. That's why you end up here while millions of other women at the same height are fine. The problem isn't your height, it's yourself.

Annalisa

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »

Dear dude950, Can you link me your last publication?

You must to be an bright neuroscientist  to know how a person is  and even what she will do in the future, without  absolutely knowing her; or you're more likely a mansplainer convinced to know more about how a woman feels and experiences than the woman herself.

I'm aware I have a neurotic personality, and this is why I'm doing therapy, but this doesn't deny in any way the huge  discriminations and humiliating  reactions people have toward very short persons, which turned me  into socially anxious when I was still a little girl.

And the millions of women who are fine being at a child height, only reside in your head.

Jack1066

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:20 AM »

Annalisa, with all due respect I am also not trying to "mansplain" to you your own condition. I myself have had body dysmorphia, and the problems I felt were very, very similar to yours. I'm not saying you are wrong for pursuing LL or that your experiences are wrong, only that it does sound like BDD to someone who has struggled with it.

However, I don't feel that they would move to another aspect of my appearance after LL surgery, because they have always been rooted in very specific aspects of my body image for certain reasons. It has little to do with a generally neurotic personality, because I was not always a generally neurotic person.

Body dysmorphia is a socially rooted disease (all mental illnesses are tbh) and it has external causes and I believe external solutions. You can't have a body image issue aside from (at the very least how you interpret the message of) what society tells you about your body.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:13:34 AM by Jack1066 »

Chris

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 11:03:13 AM »

Dude's reply had NOTHING to do with your gender! He is against LL if someone is not too short. If you were male, he would have written "millions of other men".
This is really getting annoying!
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 12:29:53 PM »

Even if you are short for a girl, all the things you described are not normal and in reality there is no reason to feel that bad as a short girl. I was a short man before LL but I never felt like that and as anyone knows life for a short man is hundred times harder than a short woman.

So I really think that your problem is more a psychological than a real one.
And unfortunately I don't think that any respectable doctor will operate on you as you won't pass the psychological tests.
Of course there are always the solution of Indian or other third world doctors that operate even on 6+ ft men but most probably you end up with so much problems that you'll soon regret all these.

Anyway see life a little more positive and then see if you really need LL. But with that attitude even LL can't really make you happy.

KrP1

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »

what is your height ?

Chris

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »

According to her in another thread, she is 4 feet 11 inches.
I'm a real LL-patient.

silvershade

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 05:48:31 PM »

here's what it's like, at least to me... being a woman at 5'

lets start at work, I can't reach anything, but people think it's A-okay for me to need to get the ladder to do everything, or get on my toes, I don't like having to get up on my toes to do everything, I mean everything, and right now I work at a coffee shop so "everything" includes, reaching for cups, reaching for syrups, reaching for buttons on the machines, getting stuff from shelves to restock, seeing the screens, and not constantly being asked if I'm "even old enough to work here".

That's just work, now imagine what people constantly say... "oh you're so cute" "oh you're so adorable" "oh you child", I'm a 21 year old grown woman, don't treat me like a child.. but that is what everyone does, I'm a child in their eyes. weak, dumb, child. They get confused when I lift heavy things, (I bodybuild)

Auron

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 06:00:28 PM »

lets start at work, I can't reach anything, but people think it's A-okay for me to need to get the ladder to do everything, or get on my toes, I don't like having to get up on my toes to do everything, I mean everything, and right now I work at a coffee shop so "everything" includes, reaching for cups, reaching for syrups, reaching for buttons on the machines, getting stuff from shelves to restock, seeing the screens, and not constantly being asked if I'm "even old enough to work here".

That's just work, now imagine what people constantly say... "oh you're so cute" "oh you're so adorable" "oh you child", I'm a 21 year old grown woman, don't treat me like a child.. but that is what everyone does, I'm a child in their eyes. weak, dumb, child. They get confused when I lift heavy things, (I bodybuild)
Are you sure you're female?

silvershade

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »

Are you sure you're female?

I'm "transman" but I'm no gonna transition if I'll be a 5' tall man

Auron

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »

I'm "transman" but I'm no gonna transition if I'll be a 5' tall man
Oh, it makes sense now. You face a really difficult choice.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 07:51:21 PM »

Oh, it makes sense now. You face a really difficult choice.

Why?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Auron

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »

Why?
She wants to be a man but doesn't want to be a 5' man. At her current height I guess she'd rather be a female but I have no idea what is to be on her shoes.

Chris

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »

From Silvershade's perspective, "he" is in the wrong body, too short as a man, mistaken for a child and as a little girl on top of it.
And there is no way get rid of all the issues.
This is hard.
I'm a real LL-patient.

google42

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 10:30:47 PM »

If she is 5ft then she could do like 5 inches. Depending on were u live 5'5" is not terrible and can be an Ok height. Or she could just stay as a female.

Thatdude950

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 11:08:34 AM »

So what? These are like ... minor inconviniences. A person who wants to break themselves apart and spend tens of thousands for the privilege for those kinds of reasons is very unwell.

By the way, you're 21. To me nearly all 21 year olds are like kids regardless of height.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 07:36:47 AM »

Because I want to be treated fairly. All see is my height and they look down on me for it.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Guilt

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2020, 11:44:53 PM »

Excuse me, but anyone could say the exact same thing to you! "Other dudes would be happy at your same height. The problem isn't your height, it's yourself. You are neurotic, get help".

Guilt

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2020, 11:46:11 PM »

This is body dysmorphia. When you "fix" your height, your neurosis will move to either another body part, or to the surgery itself (you'll be obsessed with how people look at you while you walk, or worry about your proportions)

You have a neurotic personality that surgery does not fix. That's why you end up here while millions of other women at the same height are fine. The problem isn't your height, it's yourself.

Excuse me, but anyone could say the exact same thing to you! "Other dudes would be happy at your same height. The problem isn't your height, it's yourself. You are neurotic, get help".

delete account

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »

hi
I am a female and I'd like to get this done really.
It seems many males here can't understand the difficulty we also experience as a human.
I am looking for fellow female who would like to get this surgery.
and if things go well maybe team up or at least support each other emotionally.
pls pm if you're interested x.

delete account

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 08:55:59 AM »

hi
I am a female and I'd like to get this done too. (this is not a spam msg btw)
It seems many males here can't understand the difficulty we also experience as a human.
I am looking for fellow female who would like to get this surgery done.
and if things go well maybe team up or at least support each other emotionally.
i've set up a server for this community but firstly for women.
pls pm if you're interested x.

averagegirl

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 12:35:35 PM »

Yes! I’m 5,5‘ and getting surgery done in August this year.
I really don’t think that height neurosis is a disease that only effects men.
I’ve been suffering from being short since puberty. While all the girls started their period and stuff, I hadn’t even started to develop ... Also I’m the shortest in my family. I do know that I’m „not that short“, but does this even matter? There are guys in this forum that are average height for men and still getting LL surgery.
Nevertheless I’ve never experienced someone that understood my whole situation. And I’m not sure if the guys in this forum will...  And please don’t tell me that guys like short girls. For me it’s not about having better chances with men, as I think that height does not matter when it comes to dating. I personally don’t care about my boyfriend being shorter or taller than me.

short

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 04:01:14 PM »

5 feet 5 isn't short for a woman, even in Norway it's average...   ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up