Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crippling inferiority complexes  (Read 1547 times)

IwannaBeTaller

Crippling inferiority complexes
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:02:49 AM »

The last couple of months have been relatively stable for me, height-wise. I've managed to stay in a good spirit for most of the time and manage my life with stability.

However, I'm now doing an internship during a summer, for which I commute to an office complex in a relatively wealthy part of a city, every day. Everyone treats me well at work and respects me, however, the part of town is full of tall people. I cannot explain if it's just my neurosis fking with me, but as soon as I leave the train, I immediately get towered by dozens of random dudes all around me, of which incredibly many are more than 10 or 15 cms taller than me. I could swear that around 80% of men are taller than me here, with perhaps 40-50% being taller to a significant amount. I cannot escape this brutal reality, so even if I wake up and start the day in a good mood, I'm put down by these hundreds of tall people simply being there and completely devastating me, making me feel like an unworthy, stunted piece of   regularly.

It's a terrible feeling as usually, and it's hard to get through the next 8 hours with such a mood until I can finally head home. And all I can do is try to somehow nurse my soul by telling me this is an unusual social setting and I'm not that short, because I have often felt "shortish-average" in the past, and I still have the chance to do LL in the future, which can be a drastic change to my situation and an improvement, even if that surgery is still far ahead in the future. I gotta make it through this month somehow without suffering because I feel like subhuman trash so often.

Discuss.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Body Builder

Re: Crippling inferiority complexes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:55:01 AM »

Remind my your height. You are about 5.8 right?

Even all that you describe are true, why should you feel inferior?
The real problem with height is when you are so short that people stop treating you with respect and start geting jokes about your body (usually that happens to less than 5.6-5.5 men). There you could indeed feel inferior many times (although you are not of course) but as tou said you don't have such a problem.

So this feeling is completely in your head and it's up to you to reject it.
Men more than 5.7 but still less than complete average have only a disadvantage in dating imo, nowhere else in their lives.
But many men face such a disadvantage because they are bad looking, obese etc so even there there are a lot of men with the same problems. So there is really no reason to feel so frustrated.
Being less than average makes your life harder on dating but that doesn't mean you are inferior or everyone judges you about your body. It simply is not true.
If you are really short though then yes, many of the things you mentioned is a reality.

tallertree

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »

How tall are you? i live in Sweden and people here are among the tallest in the world. Being 163cm i stick out very much. However, i believe being of "normal" height wich is 170+ for a male(world wide), height should not be an obstacle in life because you will not be perceived as an outsider.

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 04:12:37 PM »

Where are you from? Surely being below average sucks, although as Body wrote depends how below average you are.Height neurosis is a real bit'_, IMO if you are 5 8", try one surgery, then move on, becuase we never know what Will happen in some time.
Budget will determine my future.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »

Thanks, Body Builder and tallertree

Where are you from? Surely being below average sucks, although as Body wrote depends how below average you are.Height neurosis is a real bit'_, IMO if you are 5 8", try one surgery, then move on, becuase we never know what Will happen in some time.

I know, this is my plan. But I won't have the money for quite some time, and getting through the day is often brutal as hell.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Bander72

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 06:36:10 PM »

If you feel that bad then wear lifts.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Jack1066

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »

Wear a 1 inch lift. Most people don't even call guys above 5'8 objectively short- they call them average. But nobody can call a 5'9 guy short unless you live in the Netherlands or something. And relax. It might well just be your neurosis. Body dysphoria does do very strange things to your perception- yes, I've even experienced feeling shorter than guys I was the same height as because of it (there was one case in particular which demonstrated this very clearly to me, when one day one of my professors looked 2 inches taller, when we were standing on the same level, and the next day I realised we were exactly the same height).

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 10:43:01 PM »

Get some friends and grab some beers.

Basically make your ass busy as much as you can, it helped me at least to some extent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up