Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Athletic Recovery - Tibias vs Femurs  (Read 25127 times)

crimsontide

Re: Athletic Recovery - Tibias vs Femurs
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2016, 01:52:58 AM »

any nailing  will likely cause pain

I have it now in my left  tibia

also, kneeling on a hard surface with my left  leg is awful

ub40

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2016, 02:52:27 AM »

How much did you lengthen Poly and with who?

What's up with everyone wanting to do LON? Isn't it a known fact LON (or any internal tibias) can cause permanent knee pain?

Because you can do the whole process and after 3 months go recover somewhere comfortable. It is more of a timing issue, I'm seriously considering LATP however. I just need to know how bad the scars will be
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

texasbruce

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2016, 04:16:13 AM »

How much did you lengthen Poly and with who?

Because you can do the whole process and after 3 months go recover somewhere comfortable. It is more of a timing issue, I'm seriously considering LATP however. I just need to know how bad the scars will be

I am not understanding people here. You wanna trade a whole life of pain for a few months in frame.  And you are worrying about scars instead of breaking your bone and inserting nails inside? I thought I was nuts.

ouroboros

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2016, 05:55:26 AM »

I am not understanding people here. You wanna trade a whole life of pain for a few months in frame.  And you are worrying about scars instead of breaking your bone and inserting nails inside? I thought I was nuts.

Yes it doesn't make sense from my point of view either.....maybe it's because we live in Canada, eh?

Long term recovery should be everyone's main goal, but for some reason people here seem to be in a rush and take on higher risk by turning this procedure more invasive than it already is.

texasbruce

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2016, 06:02:16 AM »

Yes it doesn't make sense from my point of view either.....maybe it's because we live in Canada, eh?

Long term recovery should be everyone's main goal, but for some reason people here seem to be in a rush and take on higher risk by turning this procedure more invasive than it already is.

I laughed at "eh". How do you know I live in Canada?

Name

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2017, 12:06:13 PM »

Do people who lengthen their femurs have permanent issues with activities like sprinting? The longer the femurs, the longer the strides, but the femurs become weaker and less flexible after surgery, right? Those who lengthen their tibias seem to have endurance problems, while people who lengthen their femurs seem to have problems with explosive movements. Maybe lengthening only your tibias by 4-5 cm would be good if you want to be able to sprint well in the future?

oryion

• Visitor
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 05:57:46 AM »

Hi. You say if one does 5 cm one can regain 100% of athletic ability. Do you mean 5cm on each bone or just 5 cm in general?
I want to do 4 cm on each bone(tibia and femur). Will I be able to be athletic again? thank you

Body Builder

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2017, 11:34:50 AM »

Hi. You say if one does 5 cm one can regain 100% of athletic ability. Do you mean 5cm on each bone or just 5 cm in general?
I want to do 4 cm on each bone(tibia and femur). Will I be able to be athletic again? thank you
No.
And we said it thousand of times here so read more carefully.
Noone will be the same after LL and this becomes worse if he does both segments even if he lengthens sensibly.
Accept that you'll lose at least a 10% of you functionality or forget about LL.

lldude

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 12:50:44 PM »

This entire discussion is silly unless you practice sports on a professional level, which I'm sure almost no one here does.

"You won't be able to reach 100% of your athletic potential" Who in here ever had to give them all in an athletic competition? The easier answer would be:

No, you won't be able to reach the athletic capability you had before, which is irrelevant since you most likely never had to give your all in sports anyway, therefore you won't be able to tell the difference from you pre-LL best and post-LL best (considering your lengthening and recovery goes well).
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up