Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: which doctors make it must to inform your parents/friends of LL?  (Read 2671 times)

which doctors make it must to inform your parents/friends of LL?
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:09:50 AM »

I know some doctors have this policy where one of your parents must be informed of your LL. I do not want any of my relatives. parents, friends, acquaintances to know about it (of course I will provide emergency contacts, but I will not ifnrom them, both are different things), it is my personal choice , but still the doctors would enforce it? which doctors enforce this rule? thanks.

Re: which doctors make it must to inform your parents/friends of LL?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »

I know some doctors have this policy where one of your parents must be informed of your LL. I do not want any of my relatives. parents, friends, acquaintances to know about it (of course I will provide emergency contacts, but I will not ifnrom them, both are different things), it is my personal choice , but still the doctors would enforce it? which doctors enforce this rule? thanks.

anybody? thanks.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:24:33 AM »

what are ur family members gonna do? call the cops cause you want to be taller? just man up and tell them.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 04:41:07 AM »

Man, you gotta understand that people have differen thought process, I value my privacy above everything else in the world. There are things that I want to take with me to grave. LL will be one of those, I wish even the surgeon doing the LL did not know about it :), LOL. So, seriously, do you know if it is mandatory for all doctors? or can it be waived?

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 04:45:25 AM »

You said Parihar is a target doctor, he will make you inform a relative.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:47:01 AM »

Dr Parihar is the only surgeon who offers CLL that I know of who requires that you inform someone else like a close friend or family member (that can be contacted) before he takes you on as a patient. I haven't heard of others listed here who have that stipulation.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 04:51:35 AM »

Man, you gotta understand that people have differen thought process, I value my privacy above everything else in the world. There are things that I want to take with me to grave. LL will be one of those, I wish even the surgeon doing the LL did not know about it :), LOL. So, seriously, do you know if it is mandatory for all doctors? or can it be waived?
f
or Guitchet is better if you dont have family! He can fuc!! You Up And nobody knows. No seriously, just some surgeons ask for that crap, Dr Parihar Will be one of them, careful surgeons.
Budget will determine my future.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 05:38:29 AM »

You said Parihar is a target doctor, he will make you inform a relative.

Dr. Parihar sounds like a sensible person. Of course it is important to have at least one person fully aware of what you are doing.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Zeo

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »

what are ur family members gonna do? call the cops cause you want to be taller? just man up and tell them.

this^

I was once terrified what would happen if someone finds out I had surgery. But now I'm like fck it, you really need to own this. Don't feel ashamed for having/wanting to do LL. I'm not saying tell the world, but you don't have to feel ashamed. If they don't like it then tough sh!t.

The way i see it is that no one will disown you or your friends won't abandon you for having done LL, and if they do, then your better off without them because that's a shiity person.

Honestly, just man up and stop being so afraid of being criticized.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »

Thanks team, much appreciate your help and inputs. Yes, I believe some more doctors other than Parihar also require this, for example I believe Paley does. Zeo, the reason I want to keep it secret is now because I am ashamed ot it, trust me I am the most shameless person I know of (to give you an idea - I used ot roam around without pants during my undergrads and I sleep nked in my room at home - even when I know a family member can walk in :), I will stop here - but you got the idea), but because I want some things to be private affair, it is just a preference.

Andy

• Rough situations don't last, rough people do.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 01:06:10 AM »

Hi all,
I can't really understand how it is even possible for a doctor to demand that the treatment is disclosed to another person against the patient's will. This is unethical and even illegal in some countries. Every adult patient with ability to consent for the treatment is entitled to confidentiality. We should not yield to such demands, we have rights.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 01:50:25 AM »

Hi all,
I can't really understand how it is even possible for a doctor to demand that the treatment is disclosed to another person against the patient's will. This is unethical and even illegal in some countries. Every adult patient with ability to consent for the treatment is entitled to confidentiality. We should not yield to such demands, we have rights.

Unethical how?

Just as patients have the right to choose their doctor, doctors have a right to create their own stipulations for accepting patients.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 02:31:49 AM »

Unethical how?

Just as patients have the right to choose their doctor, doctors have a right to create their own stipulations for accepting patients.

Unehtical is not the right word, i agree with Kilo here. but at the same time I believe that it is a questionable practice. If you see the pratcices in US or Europe, a person's privacy rights are of high importance and anybody who has lived or born is US or Europe will find it unacceptable. I am an indian, lived 30 years in india nd 6 years in US, 4 months in Europe and one of the reasons I left India to study and live in US is because of lack of respect for privacy and no protection of an individual's privacy. THe poster above (Andy) is right Kilo, in many countries it will be illegal. That is not to say that Parihar is wrong, I am sure he has good intentions, but this practice does violate the law of many western countries, maybe it is legal in India.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 02:43:38 AM »

Dr. Parihar sounds like a sensible person. Of course it is important to have at least one person fully aware of what you are doing.

How so? I hope you realize that LL is an elective cosmetic surgery, akin to chin implant, lipo. So in what way you feel it is important to inform someone else? No need to inform anybody. Informing anybody is of no use and violates privacy rights.

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 03:11:37 AM »

How so? I hope you realize that LL is an elective cosmetic surgery, akin to chin implant, lipo. So in what way you feel it is important to inform someone else? No need to inform anybody. Informing anybody is of no use and violates privacy rights.
They do It becuase ir you are in danger someone has to take care of you, becuase you are not mobile, but If you dont want, they shouldnt push you if you sign a paper or something like that.

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 03:18:56 AM »

They do It becuase ir you are in danger someone has to take care of you, becuase you are not mobile, but If you dont want, they shouldnt push you if you sign a paper or something like that.

Boss, you are confused between two things - whenever you visit a doctor or get a surgery or even any kind of medical treatment (and even for non medical issues) you have to put names of people that would be contacted in case of emergency, those are called emergency contacts, But nowhere would they say that you have to disclose to these contacts beforehand that you are visitign the doctor or undergoing a surgery. providing emergency contats makes full sense and I am sure nobody in no country in the world would be foolish enough to protest that, but this (informing people of your cosmetic surgery) is not acceptable.

The Dreamer

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 04:49:42 AM »

LL like a lipo/chin implant ? You must be joking
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

onemorefoot

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 05:03:21 AM »

Boss, you are confused between two things - whenever you visit a doctor or get a surgery or even any kind of medical treatment (and even for non medical issues) you have to put names of people that would be contacted in case of emergency, those are called emergency contacts, But nowhere would they say that you have to disclose to these contacts beforehand that you are visitign the doctor or undergoing a surgery. providing emergency contats makes full sense and I am sure nobody in no country in the world would be foolish enough to protest that, but this (informing people of your cosmetic surgery) is not acceptable.
I know dr Parihar asks for the number of one contact, but am not sure he pushes you to tell him/her about It, It is confused.

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 05:06:28 AM »

duplicate

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 05:08:58 AM »

I know dr Parihar asks for the number of one contact, but am not sure he pushes you to tell him/her about It, It is confused.

Ok, I hope he does not contact them beforehand, anyway - thanks to all for the inputs, if/when I chose the surgeon I will ask him/her but would push back if the doctor asks for disclosure to relatives/friends.

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 05:11:56 AM »

LL like a lipo/chin implant ? You must be joking

It was an example. I am not saying they have same complexity level or risk level or downtime or cost. But all of these are invasive cosmetic procedures, LL is much more invasive, complex and riskier for sure. Also, other procedures are much more well established and has long history. There will come a time when LL will be perfected more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up