Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr.Donghoon Lee 2017 (Seoul) LON (Lengthening Over Nail) on tibias  (Read 16905 times)

:Captain America:

Dr. Donghoon Lee 2017 (Seoul)
LON (Lengthening Over Nail) on tibias

I travelled to Seoul, South Korea in July 2017 to begin my LL journey. 

I've been dreaming about this for about 3 years, and I finally got this surgery with Dr Lee. For those years, the community has really helped visualize what it'd be like to get the surgery done. This time, I'd like to share my LL story with you guys. 

About me
Ethnicity & Nationality: N/A
Starting Height: 5'5'' (165cm)
Goal Height: 5'8'' (172.5cm)
Weight: 140 Ibs (60kg)

Surgery
Doctor: Donghoon Lee
Operation: LON (Lengthening Over Nail) on tibias
Type: Tibias
Planned Distraction: 7.5cm to 8cm if possible
Surgery Date: July 14, 2017 

Why I chose Dr. Donghoon Lee
Dr. Donghoon Lee in Seoul was trained under Dr. Paley in America.

Please click on this link for more information about Dr. Lee

http://www.drdonghoon.com/index.php/about

I woke up from the surgery, and I noticed my left foot was numb with a lot of pain. The pain was unmanageable for me. I could not sleep, so I asked for a sleeping pill, but they said it’s dangerous to take a sleeping along with a painkiller something they said. During the first week in the hospital was very intensive. Every time I sleep I got a muscle tense, which was really painful. I kept waking up from it and screamed, tears in my eyes. I had to stay in the hospital for one week. You will need to have someone who can take care of you 24 hours since you can't really move your legs during the first week. I got discharged from the hospital 6 days later. To be honest, the first 2 to 3 weeks for me was terrible. I was in a lot of pain everyday, especially in the morning. I go to bed around 11pm and I wake up around 4am because of the pain every morning.

Pain/Discomfort.

My left leg is still numb and tingling. At this point its' very uncomfortable, but I would not classify it as painful yet. However, this is just a temporary problem, according to Dr. Lee.

If you have any questions of me. I would be glad to try and answer them.

onemorefoot

Re: Dr.Donghoon Lee 2017 (Seoul) LON (Lengthening Over Nail) on tibias
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:05:58 AM »

Very good, another lee patient, May I ask his opinion about Achilles lengthening surgery?
Budget will determine my future.

U only live once

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 06:32:15 AM »

Dr. Donghoon Lee 2017 (Seoul)
LON (Lengthening Over Nail) on tibias

I travelled to Seoul, South Korea in July 2017 to begin my LL journey.

I've been dreaming about this for about 3 years, and I finally got this surgery with Dr Lee. For those years, the community has really helped visualize what it'd be like to get the surgery done. This time, I'd like to share my LL story with you guys.

About me
Ethnicity & Nationality: N/A
Starting Height: 5'5'' (165cm)
Goal Height: 5'8'' (172.5cm)
Weight: 140 Ibs (60kg)

Surgery
Doctor: Donghoon Lee
Operation: LON (Lengthening Over Nail) on tibias
Type: Tibias
Planned Distraction: 7.5cm to 8cm if possible
Surgery Date: July 14, 2017

Why I chose Dr. Donghoon Lee
Dr. Donghoon Lee in Seoul was trained under Dr. Paley in America.

Please click on this link for more information about Dr. Lee

http://www.drdonghoon.com/index.php/about

I woke up from the surgery, and I noticed my left foot was numb with a lot of pain. The pain was unmanageable for me. I could not sleep, so I asked for a sleeping pill, but they said it’s dangerous to take a sleeping along with a painkiller something they said. During the first week in the hospital was very intensive. Every time I sleep I got a muscle tense, which was really painful. I kept waking up from it and screamed, tears in my eyes. I had to stay in the hospital for one week. You will need to have someone who can take care of you 24 hours since you can't really move your legs during the first week. I got discharged from the hospital 6 days later. To be honest, the first 2 to 3 weeks for me was terrible. I was in a lot of pain everyday, especially in the morning. I go to bed around 11pm and I wake up around 4am because of the pain every morning.

Pain/Discomfort.

My left leg is still numb and tingling. At this point its' very uncomfortable, but I would not classify it as painful yet. However, this is just a temporary problem, according to Dr. Lee.

If you have any questions of me. I would be glad to try and answer them.

As some people say pain is temporary but your height will stay. Just focus on the big picture. I  am having my surgery done pretty soon in Spain. Out of curiosity how much are you paying ? thanks
Aim high

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 05:50:00 AM »

No pain, no gain! :-*

This is the surgery fee before the promotion 44,000,000 KRW =38,568.119USD. I came during the promotion, so I got a huge discount on the surgery.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 06:13:46 AM »

Week 5
I am happy with my condition right now.  However, I still have no sensation in my left ankle and I feel stiff, pain when I tried to stretch it down. Anyway, the loss of sensation is just a temporary complication after the surgery and nothing to worry about according to Dr. LEE. I am doing therapy every day all day long. Dr. Lee told me yesterday that my X-ray showed that I am 1.7 cm tall now.

Please feel free to ask me anything,

Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 01:05:43 PM »

Week 7

It's been a week since I updated the last diary. I don't have much to write for this week. I am feeling taller everyday and my legs are getting longer! I still have left foot pain and numbness which is annoying me 24 hours a day. I am going to visit Dr. Lee again in 2 weeks and get an x-ray to see how many cm I've achieved so far. Anyway, I am probably 3cm taller by now.

alps

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »

I think you should ask for more attention on the ankle numbness problem (if you haven't). Nerve damage post surgery is more common in tibia lengthening - maybe it can be decompressed on time.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 03:34:16 AM »

Dr. Lee told me its going take time to recover from nerves damage. He said, I just have to wait for it. Thank you for your concern.

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 05:01:34 AM »

I am going to see him again in 2 weeks. I will tell him about ankle numbness again :'(

Tall Story

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 07:34:47 AM »

Please keep your posts coming. Nerve damage is always a concern for tibia lengthening so any information you can share re the approach Dr. Lee took is taking to address your ankle is extremely valuable to this forum.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 11:15:11 AM »

I went to see Dr. Lee and physical therapist a few days ago. According to the X-ray, I am actually 3.3cm taller now. I don't have anything pin infection. I don't have any pain from the wound and no muscle pain. He addressed every question I have and concern as always. My mobility starting to come back. I can feel some improvement for the numbness and tingling.  :D

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 11:50:20 AM »

Tall Story

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 02:58:25 AM »

Congrats on reaching 3.3cm, you must be feeling the new height ;-)

would you be comfortable sharing a photo or two of your legs in the frames?

You mentioned that the first week was extremely challenging pain wise. How would you compare the pain now to the first week? Are you sleeping a lot more now or do you still find the pain creeps in, in the early hours of the morning?

Do you have full dorsiflexion of the foot with the ankle numbness and tingling sensation?

Your feedback for the forum is always appreciated.

Regards

Tall Story

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 03:21:30 AM »

re: "This is the surgery fee before the promotion 44,000,000 KRW =38,568.119USD. I came during the promotion, so I got a huge discount on the surgery."

Could you please let us know what was the total cost for your LON surgery and did this price include 90 days stay at Dr. Lee's guest house?

FYI, I was previously quoted 44,000,000 KRW which included the full lengthening period at the guest house (90 days).

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 04:31:59 AM »

Hello! I went from 165cm to 168.3, and I am definitely feeling the new height. I would share with you a photo If you could teach me how to post it here. As of today, I don't have any more pain, even in the morning. The first week was extremely painful for me, but Dr. Lee and his team took the best care of me. I do have full dorsiflexion of the foot with the ankle numbness and tingling. Are you going come to do LON surgery with Dr. Lee?

alps

Tall Story

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »

Hello,
It's great to know you are no longer feeling much pain and that you have full mobility with in the foot with the numbness.
I plan to have LON with Lee in early 2019.
I sent you a few emails, did you receive them? Would be great if we could catch up on email or skype etc.?

Regards

Tall Story

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 10:39:26 AM »

When you click on 'Reply' you'll see an option 'Attachments and other options' at the bottom where you can attach images.

c

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »

同胞加油,我也在qq群里

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 01:13:27 PM »

Hello,

I received your email. The numbness got so much better and most of the time I forgot about it.
I am glad to hear that you are going to have LON done with one of the top Dr for LL like Dr. Lee. I might also get my femur done with him in 2019.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 01:17:03 PM »

Hello Chinese Actor,

I don't understand your language. Could you please write in English?

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »

Started to lengthen my legs on July 23, 2017
Left Pic Aug 1, 2017
Right Pic Sep 10 ,2017
https://imgur.com/a/JQbhv

Tall Story

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 03:01:56 AM »

Looking good 'Man of Steel' literally... Thanks for sharing.

A couple of questions for the forum.

1. It is my understanding that Dr. Lee cuts the anterior compartment fascia sheath to prevent nerve damage from the compartment syndrome. Can you notice any changes in the way the anterior muscles of the calf look and feel? Perhaps it is difficult to see whilst in frames? I wonder if the sheath will close naturally or the muscle will protrude? Your thoughts?

2. How is your bone consolidation? Could you share a recent set of your x-rays at 3cm +?

We, the 'Limb Lengthening Forum' really appreciate your story and feedback to our questions.

Regards

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 07:59:36 AM »

I've been thinking a lot about the lengthen amount. I'm going to stay with the standard recommended safe tibia LL amount. Femur has been always a second option if I am not satisfied with first LL. I'm almost at 5cm. I might just stop at 5cm, 5.5cm or 6cm depending on my body. At first, I was aiming at 7cm or 7.5. My advice is try not to set a height goal going into LL and just wait to see how far you can go without problems/complications or getting yourself disabled. You'll have a better idea of that once you get around 4cm or 5cm+. I can't reach the original goal because the body just can't take it, and I've been trying very hard to push myself to get 7cm. In my opinion taking a risk for extra 1cm or 2cm isn't worth it. I'll be better off with a 2cm lift. Hopefully, I can hit 6cm or even 5.5cm would be amazing. I'll be happy being over 170cm+ because being 165cm ... you know what I mean. I am already feeling a lot taller than before, especially with my shoes on which give me a few more cm. I just want to appreciate each of cm I've gained. I'm going to go visit Dr. Lee next week, and I will stay posted.

jexus

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »

I've been thinking a lot about the lengthen amount. I'm going to stay with the standard recommended safe tibia LL amount. Femur has been always a second option if I am not satisfied with first LL. I'm almost at 5cm. I might just stop at 5cm, 5.5cm or 6cm depending on my body. At first, I was aiming at 7cm or 7.5. My advice is try not to set a height goal going into LL and just wait to see how far you can go without problems/complications or getting yourself disabled. You'll have a better idea of that once you get around 4cm or 5cm+. I can't reach the original goal because the body just can't take it, and I've been trying very hard to push myself to get 7cm. In my opinion taking a risk for extra 1cm or 2cm isn't worth it. I'll be better off with a 2cm lift. Hopefully, I can hit 6cm or even 5.5cm would be amazing. I'll be happy being over 170cm+ because being 165cm ... you know what I mean. I am already feeling a lot taller than before, especially with my shoes on which give me a few more cm. I just want to appreciate each of cm I've gained. I'm going to go visit Dr. Lee next week, and I will stay posted.

Man, you are so f*cking right. I'm also doing LON on my tibias and stopped at 6 cm because my legs were almost yelling me to stop. 1 or 2 cm absolutely doesn't worth it and I'm still asking myself should I stopped earlier. Hopefully you will achieve your goal. Wish you the best.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 11:30:43 AM »

Hey Jexus,

I wish you the best for recovery! I am still asking myself should I stop at 5cm or 6cm, but I will just let my legs tell me.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 02:45:35 PM »

Go luck man of steel! keep up the good work. Im sure you will get to your goals!
all my best wishes to you!
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Tall Story

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 10:44:01 PM »

I could not agree more with you. There's nobody on this forum that can advise you more than your body.
A friend of mine who lengthened a large amount on his femurs did 5.5cm on his tibia with LON with Dr. Lee.

Based on patients feedback, I hope I can manage 4~5cm when I do LON.

How is your consolidation 'Man of Steel'?

Regards,

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 09:10:08 AM »

Hey Tall Story,

My consolidation is good. I think you can do it! Are you planning to do LON with Dr. Lee anytime soon?

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »

Hey RGKEY,

Thank you so much for your support!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up