Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From 5'7 to 6' proportions, opinions and a few questions! Thank you so much  (Read 1185 times)

jakejake98

Hello guys, I've posted here before but I feel like everyday I think too much about height, which is true. Anyways, I'm around 169cm-171cm, like I'm pretty sure I am 171 cm from all the times I've been measured, but once I was measured at 169cm (a week ago) at some doctor scale so that's why now I'm starting to think I actually might be 169cm even tough my wingspan is like 172cm. I also asked one of my friends who is 6'5 how we grew so much, he said he drank 8 glasses of milk a day, he's 6 inches taller than his dad and his mum is really short, he said I could potentially grow to a natural 6'+ if I maintain a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and a lot of vitamin which is given from milk. But I just don't know, will I ever grow more than this? I would actually be happy if I managed to grow to a natural 175cm, but I feel like I'm gonna stay this height, even though my dad said I'm a very late bloomer, but I feel like I've permanently stunted my growth from the binge drinking and smoking. Please give me some ideas guys.

My arm length is around 76cm.

Guys what do you think of the proportions?
http://i.imgur.com/9FhmkvG.png
In the picture to the right I'm about 183cm,
I checked using: http://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html
So I compared 5'7 to 6'

Please let me know what you guys honestly think about the proportions? Could I pull it off?
I will be using Dr Paley for my operations if I ever get them done,
I'll be doing tibia and femur lengthening which will be parted from 1 year time, so first I'll either have a femur or tibia lengthening and in a year time I'll have another one!

I also have a question guys, I'm 16 and 4 months old, since the age 15 I've been drinking and smoking a lot. Too much. I've blacked out many many times, but now I'm quitting both. I'm not gonna drink and smoke until like after my 20's because I'm focusing on growing now. Is there a chance I've stunted some of my growth? My dad said he didn't grow until he was like 19, but my dad is only like 178 cm, my brother is 183cm though and my mum is like 160.

Thank you in advance guys! Peace, much love

jakejake98

Also guys, my cousin is 183 cm and me and him standing in the mirror look like the picture I made, except his torso is a little big bigger than mine. So his hip bone is over my belly button while standing, so his legs are like 10 cm taller than mine, so that gives me some hope, because I've noticed that all my tall friends are all leg-based, like literally none of their torsos stand out as 'big', and they're pretty comparable to mine.

My sitting height is around 93-94 cm guys, also I have the same sitting height as one of my 6'2 friends and I tower over my 5'7 friends with my sitting height, I find it weird... I think I'm just really short-legged.

llendpoint

Your legs do look a bit short for your torso in this left pic. On the right pic you look great.
You plan to do 2 LLs? I don't see how you can reach that desired height with one LL.

Visually speaking you are good to go. Decide for yourself if the risks are worth it for you. I don't know how much your lifestyle suffers under your height.

google42

Hello guys, I've posted here before but I feel like everyday I think too much about height, which is true. Anyways, I'm around 169cm-171cm, like I'm pretty sure I am 171 cm from all the times I've been measured, but once I was measured at 169cm (a week ago) at some doctor scale so that's why now I'm starting to think I actually might be 169cm even tough my wingspan is like 172cm. I also asked one of my friends who is 6'5 how we grew so much, he said he drank 8 glasses of milk a day, he's 6 inches taller than his dad and his mum is really short, he said I could potentially grow to a natural 6'+ if I maintain a healthy lifestyle, nutrition and a lot of vitamin which is given from milk. But I just don't know, will I ever grow more than this? I would actually be happy if I managed to grow to a natural 175cm, but I feel like I'm gonna stay this height, even though my dad said I'm a very late bloomer, but I feel like I've permanently stunted my growth from the binge drinking and smoking. Please give me some ideas guys.

My arm length is around 76cm.

Guys what do you think of the proportions?
http://i.imgur.com/9FhmkvG.png
In the picture to the right I'm about 183cm,
I checked using: http://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html
So I compared 5'7 to 6'

Please let me know what you guys honestly think about the proportions? Could I pull it off?
I will be using Dr Paley for my operations if I ever get them done,
I'll be doing tibia and femur lengthening which will be parted from 1 year time, so first I'll either have a femur or tibia lengthening and in a year time I'll have another one!

I also have a question guys, I'm 16 and 4 months old, since the age 15 I've been drinking and smoking a lot. Too much. I've blacked out many many times, but now I'm quitting both. I'm not gonna drink and smoke until like after my 20's because I'm focusing on growing now. Is there a chance I've stunted some of my growth? My dad said he didn't grow until he was like 19, but my dad is only like 178 cm, my brother is 183cm though and my mum is like 160.

Thank you in advance guys! Peace, much love

Yea height can fluctuate sometimes that's why you'll get different measurements.
Anyways, I think you look good in the pic. You don't need to worry about proportions too much.

Overdozer

Yea you do appear short legged, which makes you a good candidate for LL. Not sure though, it could be just photo-mirror angle. If you want a better representation of your proportions, you should take the photo from further away and (maybe) hold the camera centered to your body.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up