Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A side note on radiation  (Read 746 times)

myloginacc

A side note on radiation
« on: June 27, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »

Disclaimer: I'm no doctor. I'm not offering any kind of medical advice.

I've also received some PMs here "accusing" me of trying to create panic in the forums, but as with anything with a major surgery like this, I feel you should be fully informed about it.

There are are many CLL doctors requesting CT scans in place of plain film x-rays - so they can see the bones better. I'm not going to argue either for or against that, as I lack the medical knowledge and expertise, but I thought everyone should know about both of these procedures and their different levels of radiation exposure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CT_scan#Scan_dose

CT scans, however, may also be useful in monitoring DVT/blood clots, and preventing terrible health outcomes (that could result in death). Trust your doctors over what you read online, but I see no reason to not be informed about procedures you subject yourself to.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:59:07 AM by myloginacc »
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Johnson1111

Re: A side note on radiation
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »

While we're at it, should we discuss the risks of epidural injection and anesthesia as well?

hanshi

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:40:22 PM »

Trust your doctors over what you read online

I would rather say people should mistrust their doctors. Doctors who perform cosmetic surgeries, especially cosmetic LL, belong to the least honest category.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

notatroll

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 01:28:08 PM »

I would rather say people should mistrust their doctors. Doctors who perform cosmetic surgeries, especially cosmetic LL, belong to the least honest category.

They are full of deceit and lies. Investigate a lot before having surgery. Some testimonials here are completely or partially false. I don’t blame the patients. They had powerful reasons not to post the truth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up