Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)  (Read 29729 times)

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
Re: PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2018, 03:25:01 AM »

Another interesting segment during the Q&A was that Dr. Paley doesn't believe in pre-surgery stretching, since any short-term results go back to normal in a day.

Why then does the Paley Institute website list a number of stretching exercises as preparation for surgery?

Stretching exercises prior to surgery may help minimize pain and discomfort during the lengthening. [...] Stretches will be different for femoral lengthening and tibial lengthening.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

FormerKidd

Re: PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2018, 04:10:07 AM »

Why then does the Paley Institute website list a number of stretching exercises as preparation for surgery?

Stretching exercises prior to surgery may help minimize pain and discomfort during the lengthening. [...] Stretches will be different for femoral lengthening and tibial lengthening.
I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum, but while Dr. Paley is on the record saying that, all the PTs I talked to felt differently.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up