Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)  (Read 29677 times)

MirinHeight

Re: PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 01:17:24 AM »

Hopefully the precise stryde nail is around the same price as the current precise.

One of the huge drawbacks to the precise is the inability to fully weight bear, and this new nail would be a game-changer.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

dezolator

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 07:44:02 PM »

Does anyone know for how long crutches have to be used with Stryde ?
Can it be just a couple of months or less ?

Resilience

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 06:40:49 AM »

Does anyone know for how long crutches have to be used with Stryde ?
Can it be just a couple of months or less ?

If you are capable of fully weight-bearing during the lengthening process, you can speed up the generation of bone. So you will definitely be on crutches for a shorter amount of time. It depends on how fast your body can regenerate bone.

Limerence

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 03:26:09 PM »

Hello, are you going to Russia in summer to get ready for the doctor? I am also going to Russia in summer. (I use google translator)

Stadiometers

• Esquire "Esq."
Re: STRYDE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 03:29:57 PM »

Benefits of the upcoming STRYDE nail as described by a limb lengthening surgeon who currently uses the PRECICE nail.

1. Prevent dis-use osteoporosis, which could weaken the native bone, resulting in fractures around the implant

2. Improve re-generate bone healing

3. Robust rehabilitation leading to improved limb function

4. Faster gait normalization 

5. Eliminate the stigma and awkwardness of using a wheelchair

The Dreamer

Re: STRYDE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2018, 03:57:08 PM »

Benefits of the upcoming STRYDE nail as described by a limb lengthening surgeon who currently uses the PRECICE nail.
All this is too generic,who is this surgeon ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE (PRECICE v3.0) Cobalt Chrome
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2018, 07:52:03 PM »

NuVasive is anticipating a decision from the FDA on the STRYDE within 30-90 days. If all goes as expected, cosmetic patients would have access to the nail this summer, as I detailed earlier. Price has not yet been determined.
banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Oh So Arrogant, Jcold)

doomsday

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »

Great news guys!!

I found a video from some ortho conference where Paley was talking about stryde

so the new nails comes in 3 diameters and have the withstand of fatigue load(million cycles) of 167, 225, 320Lbs. I think he made mistake when he was talking about nails size but the presentation is clear(well you can assume)
10mm - 167lbs
11.5mm 244lbs (I think coz the presentation is not very clear)
13mm  320 lbs

Screen shot from the presentation
https://imgur.com/a/fodRB it's 244lbs for the 12.5 mm nail calculated on the 10mm and 13 mm nails.

So by just looking at it you can assume that most of LL patients will be able to weightbear right away if the nail is 11.5 and its actually the most common nail used for cosmetic patients.

MirinHeight

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 02:43:07 AM »

Great news guys!!

so the new nails comes in 3 diameters and have the withstand of fatigue load(million cycles) of 167, 225, 320Lbs. I think he made mistake when he was talking about nails size but the presentation is clear(well you can assume)
10mm - 167lbs
11.5mm 244lbs (I think coz the presentation is not very clear)
13mm  320 lbs

Screen shot from the presentation
https://imgur.com/a/fodRB it's 244lbs for the 12.5 mm nail calculated on the 10mm and 13 mm nails.

So by just looking at it you can assume that most of LL patients will be able to weightbear right away if the nail is 11.5 and its actually the most common nail used for cosmetic patients.

wow. that was a great talk. everyone interested in this surgery needs to watch this.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Android

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 07:57:08 AM »

Watched the entire presentation, excellent information; I agree with MirinHeight that those interested in CLL should definitely watch this. Thanks doomsday!

Another interesting segment during the Q&A was that Dr. Paley doesn't believe in pre-surgery stretching, since any short-term results go back to normal in a day. As we often preach, rehabilitation post-surgery is what's important.

Also, good info about IT band release shortly after the above question as well.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Body Builder

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 03:48:52 PM »

Stryde will be a real revolution for LL.
But I'd like to have some information about its price. Will be about the same as precise 2.2?
Because if it is significantly more expensive then it will be a dealbreaker for me and many like me who don't have millions and anything more than 40-50k euros will make LL with stryde impossible for them.

I hope that prices will be the same with the (already very expensive) precise 2. Otherwise, it will be available only for the rich.

FormerKidd

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 03:55:52 PM »

Sounds like he doesn't think it'll be widely available until next year, though?

Android

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 05:27:13 PM »

Sounds like he doesn't think it'll be widely available until next year, though?

Correct. Limited release in 2018 for his patients, general public in 2019.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Zeo

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2018, 03:44:38 AM »

Great news guys!!

I agree that everyone interested in LL needs to watch this video, amazing info

I keep rewatching 50:55 where Dr. Paley goes in on Guichet.
"Guichet's talked about that, I think it's nonsense" and then makes this funny face when he talks about Guichet wanting pts to increase muscle mass

Shots fired lmaoo
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »

bilateral tibia or femor is 5000$ more expensive than the current price of precise.
Stryde will be a real revolution for LL.
But I'd like to have some information about its price. Will be about the same as precise 2.2?
Because if it is significantly more expensive then it will be a dealbreaker for me and many like me who don't have millions and anything more than 40-50k euros will make LL with stryde impossible for them.

I hope that prices will be the same with the (already very expensive) precise 2. Otherwise, it will be available only for the rich.
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

Body Builder

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2018, 12:28:28 PM »

bilateral tibia or femor is 5000$ more expensive than the current price of precise.
Good news. Not a big difference considering how better the new nail is.
I hope it will become widely available next year and it will be the nail I'll use for my femur LL.

Shadow91

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »

Perfect, was afraid that the price would be much higher.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2018, 01:20:22 PM »

I really think this product will break down the cost of surgery quickly since much more people would start LL journeies all over the world without changing jobs or not having 6 months of break, and without a wheelchair!!!

However, I cannot wait till then since Im too old... I'd like to do it with Dr Paley this year.

imagine if greece, india or vietnum had stryde, price would be so much cheaper than 105,000$
and when more cases are done, the level of surgeries in these countries should go up too.

Good news. Not a big difference considering how better the new nail is.
I hope it will become widely available next year and it will be the nail I'll use for my femur LL.

FormerKidd

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »

However, I cannot wait till then since Im too old... I'd like to do it with Dr Paley this year.
It will be available at the Paley Institute in a few weeks, purportedly.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »

It will be available at the Paley Institute in a few weeks, purportedly.

yes dr paley has told me stryde starts by the end of this month.
I meant I have no time to wait until other countries have strydes for the cheaper price.
even doctor lee in korea would be much cheaper than paleys institute but have to wait for at least 2 years..

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »

banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Oh So Arrogant, Jcold)

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 04:17:43 PM »

hanshi

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 08:43:54 AM »

Hi, that's a very interesting video. Thanks for posting. However, there's a big flaw here: bending moments are measured in Newton x meters Nm, not in pounds or kg. Pounds or kg don't make any sense here.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

Body Builder

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »

I really think this product will break down the cost of surgery quickly since much more people would start LL journeies all over the world without changing jobs or not having 6 months of break, and without a wheelchair!!!

imagine if greece, india or vietnum had stryde, price would be so much cheaper than 105,000$
and when more cases are done, the level of surgeries in these countries should go up too.
What have Greece, a country which is on EU with third world countries like Vietnam or India?
I agree with your point however.

lucindaris

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2018, 01:06:57 PM »

Actually Vietnam is growing. and it's probably better than some poor eastern european countries. I've never been to Vietnam tbh but i saw some  ty stuff in east europe or even in south europe Greece/Cyprus/Southern Italy. I dont like my own country which is Poland, but those countries were way worse imo. Big populated cities with trash on the streets and immigrants sleeping under public buildings... I would go in future to Viet when Internal methods will be available and performed by experienced doctor since you save more money and comfort of living there is similar to those countries based on photos and stories who performed this already in the past.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0) - what about tibias?
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2018, 05:43:38 AM »

Darn, I missed the STRYDE by a couple weeks! It was FDA approved on April 3 and I did my tibias in March.

The spec sheet says the smallest diameter nails, 8.5mm, support a total patient weight of 57kg (125 lbs).

My PRECICE 2.2 tibia nails only support 50lbs each.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:29:55 AM by OverrideYourGenetics »
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Body Builder

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2018, 02:03:15 PM »

Actually Vietnam is growing. and it's probably better than some poor eastern european countries. I've never been to Vietnam tbh but i saw some  ty stuff in east europe or even in south europe Greece/Cyprus/Southern Italy. I dont like my own country which is Poland, but those countries were way worse imo. Big populated cities with trash on the streets and immigrants sleeping under public buildings... I would go in future to Viet when Internal methods will be available and performed by experienced doctor since you save more money and comfort of living there is similar to those countries based on photos and stories who performed this already in the past.
If you think that Vietnam is a better solution than Greece which has some of the best doctors in the world and strict laws about healthy issues, then good luck with you.
Vietnam is not better even than China which is a very bad place for LL nowadays.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
PRECICE 2.2 vs. 3.0
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »

OK, so how much weight do PRECICE 2.2 vs. 3.0 support for each of the diameters, 8.5, 10.7, 12.5 mm?
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Honore

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »

If you think that Vietnam is a better solution than Greece which has some of the best doctors in the world and strict laws about healthy issues, then good luck with you.
Vietnam is not better even than China which is a very bad place for LL nowadays.

Dear Body builder,

I always appreciate your posts.. often harsh but always sincere and (in my opinion) just... Greece (limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5091) would be on of my options (femur/tibia +10cm). What information do you have about the level of docs/laws in Greece... And do you reckon they will be using Precice 3 in 2019?

Thanks in advance

lucindaris

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2018, 03:15:14 PM »

I said it's probably better than some poor eastern european countries. Learn to read. You talk about some countries w/o knowledge because u've never been there, but its quite understandable for western brainwashed ppl.

doomsday

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »

what easten european countries ? by far every easter european country is better developed than vietnam. Even  hole like Ukraine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up