Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)  (Read 29697 times)

lucindaris

Re: PRECICE UNYTE Cobalt Chrome (PRECICE v3.0)
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »

Ukraine or Belarus? They come to sh..hole like Poland and say that, this country is so awesome. My friend bought car license for 200$ on ukraine and some skydiving certificate almost for nothing. Same for private doctors and surgeons, who can buy license etc. This country is so corrupt. I've been there. I have many friends form there, since 3 mln ppl from Ukraine work or study in Poland. Even if it's cheaper there, the quality of life is forcing them to quite this hole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage

doomsday

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »

you gotta be an imbecile if you think wage=development. EOT.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

lucindaris

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2018, 08:28:21 PM »

Glad you are not, if you compare that with HDI especially for some countries. I just said that, Ukraine is corrupt in terms licenses, certificates and its quite dangerous. Where did i write wage=development holy-moly, now i know why ppl leave this forum. Beside some good knowledge about LL you can meet most cancerous community with below 50 iq. I am just sayting i've been ukraine and belarus for a long time and i know these countries. I just linked this to show difference where you can see PPP aswell, but whatever it's like talking to wall. To others can i blacklist someone?

Body Builder

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2018, 12:41:25 AM »

I said it's probably better than some poor eastern european countries. Learn to read. You talk about some countries w/o knowledge because u've never been there, but its quite understandable for western brainwashed ppl.
Eastern europe countries have nothing in common with Greece or Italy which are on EU.
And of course nothing to do with Vietnam or any other poor asian country like it.
I've never been there but I've been to Greece and Italy and I am an EU citizen so I know what I am talking about.
Noone is brainwashed, you are just plain stupid ti compare southern europe countries with Vietnam and believe that we are the brainwashed ones.

But if you want go to Vietnam to do LL. And if something goes wrong, come to europe to fix your legs. Most people who go to third world countries then go to west to fix themselves, if they are lucky and they are not crippled for good.

@Honore, dr Giotikas is from Greece and uses precise 2.2. I believe that if Stryde becomes available he would use it.

lucindaris

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2018, 12:58:55 AM »

I compared Viet to eastern european countries because for example ukraine is corrupt and my friend bought there drive license for 200$ and you can get medical certificates for money. Idk why u change that what i wrote. I was in Greece, Cyprus and southern Italy (i liked north) even for longer time (student exchange) and i disliked some things which i explained. It was only my opinion, but from what i wrote is that i prefer my own country which still i don't like. I am doing this surgery in Poland or Germany not Vietnam but maybe if they use some new methods idk why some ppl still perform that with outdated fixators, cuz they want money and know there are ppl like some of us (this community) who want to change something with lower cost. Simple

TemakiSushi

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »

This particular hospital in vietnam looks great to me.
They have a CT and special care unit for LL.
This level of facility is actually much better than the clinic doing internal method in japan.
To me it seems that medical practice levels are not necessarily same as the level of development of a country.

Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

lucindaris

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »

I got similar photos from this new clinic and indeed it looks awesome, better than some clinics who perfom this in Europe. But according to community it's easier to say third word and go for Guichet to lose small fortune.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »

What have Greece, a country which is on EU with third world countries like Vietnam or India?
I agree with your point however.

I brought up Greece because it's quite cheep to do Precise there, 36950 Euro.
Even with Stryde, the price would not go up too high, I expect.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2018, 12:38:49 PM »

I got similar photos from this new clinic and indeed it looks awesome, better than some clinics who perfom this in Europe. But according to community it's easier to say third word and go for Guichet to lose small fortune.

For my curiosity, do you know if they will start Stryde next year in vietnam?

Dr Donhoon in Korea has just told me that it's possible to have the Stryde next year in korea.
Now Im thinking about going to korea then instead of going to florida this year. 

lucindaris

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2018, 01:12:13 PM »

Unfortunately i don't know. I heard they will use internals, but not sure if Stryde.

170cmMan

• Visitor
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »

Does anyone know how long the recovery time is from Stryde? I understand you can lose the crutches by week 3, but does this mean that normal walking is achieved sooner? If any of Dr. Paley's patients who are planning on undergoing this or are having consultation with him could ask, that would be much appreciated.

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE (PRECICEv3.0)
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2018, 01:30:10 PM »

This game changing technology from NuVasive has now officially arrived. The first patient in the world is set to have the full weight bearing STRYDE nails implanted this month at the Paley Institute.

Weight bearing capacity:
10(mm) Nail - 75(kg) 167(lbs)
11.5(mm) Nail - 110(kg) 244(lbs)
13(mm) Nail - 145(kg) 320(lbs)

Dr. Paley describes the STRYDE nail beginning at 47:09

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:01:53 PM by Stadiometer, Esq »
banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Oh So Arrogant, Jcold)

fokid

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2018, 01:47:05 PM »

Interesting how they got rid of the 8.5mm Precice 2 nail.

Stadiometer, Esq

STYRDE (PRECICEv3.0)
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »

I don't know if NuVasive got rid of the 8.5(mm) nail for the STRYDE version. That particular diameter nail is not routinely implanted in adults. Normally reserved for children or adult patients with very small bone canal space.
banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Oh So Arrogant, Jcold)

Petite888

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2018, 01:55:15 PM »

As I understand it the STRYDE is the name the Precice 3 has adopted for CLL patients which would be adults only as I remember Paley mentioning growth plate should be closed for CLL.  The name for Precice 3 for procedures which are not for cosmetic reasons I believe is still UNYTE and this may well still be available in a diamètre of 8.5 or similar as these procedures are quite often carried out on children who have smaller bones.  This is just my theory, I may be wrong.

Mtall

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »

Wait... when you say 'lose the crutches in 3 weeks', does that mean 3 weeks post-op or post the end of lengthening?

If you can lose the crutches in just 3 weeks, what does that mean for total recovery time? How fast can one start walking unaided post op?

And does lose the crutches = getting back to normal life like driving, going to work, etc.

Body Builder

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »

Wait... when you say 'lose the crutches in 3 weeks', does that mean 3 weeks post-op or post the end of lengthening?

If you can lose the crutches in just 3 weeks, what does that mean for total recovery time? How fast can one start walking unaided post op?

And does lose the crutches = getting back to normal life like driving, going to work, etc.
3 weeks after surgery means 3 weeks after surgery. Not after the end of lengthening.

I dont think the consolidation will be much faster but who cares if you can do almost anything without support?
And yes, if this nail is truly full weight bearing yoi would do all your everyday activities (driving, walking) without problems but you should be more careful with stairs and with puting extra weight like in gym. I would avoid those things.

Anyway, stryde will change completely LL for the better. Im looking forward to see the first diaries with that nail to see if it is really that good.

fokid

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »

yes this is a major breakthrough. unless you have small bones and need 8.5 nails. in which case you don't get stryde. you get unyte which isn't full weight bearing i think.

MirinHeight

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2018, 10:19:58 PM »

great news. i wonder if dr. rozbruch will also have the stryde available for pts soon
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2018, 03:31:55 AM »

Dr. Rozbruch told me he'd have it in July.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2018, 03:53:50 AM »

How much are his costs?

Stadiometer, Esq

Paley Institute Pricing Options - STRYDE
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »

fivetenneeded2016

Re: Paley Institute Pricing Options - STRYDE
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »

This means, Paley is fine with 8cm for tibias too. I wonder how he would handle the equinus for that length.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Hamiltonzac

Re: Paley Institute Pricing Options - STRYDE
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2018, 09:05:26 PM »

This means, Paley is fine with 8cm for tibias too. I wonder how he would handle the equinus for that length.

Mother of god that costs so much. Only like 170,000 more than my budget no biggie lol

MirinHeight

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2018, 05:21:34 AM »

Dr. Rozbruch told me he'd have it in July.

oh wow,thnx man
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Zeo

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2018, 01:45:11 PM »

Good to know that Stryde only costs 5,000$ more I was thinking it was going to be a bigger difference.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »

This now makes the Guichet nail completely obsolete right? The only advantage that it had before was that it was marketed as fully weight bearing and being in crutches from day 1. But now this Precise Stryde 3.0 can do that.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE - World Wide Pricing
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2018, 05:44:35 PM »

The STRYDE nail is an additional $5,000 U.S. Dollars at the Paley Institute. If the STRYDE nail were to be imported without added tariffs. This would be the price for surgery with the following doctors as of today's exchange rate. 18-May-2018

Dr. Giotikas: * Includes Physical Therapy
Femur: $48,500
Tibia: $50,900

Dr. Birkholtz:
Femur: $50,600
Tibia: $50,600

Dr. Parihar:
Femur: $52,100

Dr. Donghoon Lee: * Includes 90 Days of Food, Housing, Medication, Physical Therapy
Femur: $72,900
Tibia: $72,900
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:13:31 PM by Stadiometer, Esq »

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE - U.S. Pricing
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2018, 06:04:03 PM »

Pricing for an additional $5,000 U.S. Dollars for the STRYDE nail.

Dr. Rozbruch: * U.S. Medical Insurance Coverage
Femur: ~$50,000
Tibia: ~$50,000

Dr. Debiparshad: * Includes Physical Therapy
Femur: $73,000
Tibia: $77,000

Dr. Paley * Includes Physical Therapy
Femur: $95,000
Tibia: $105,000

Stadiometer, Esq

STRYDE - Financing
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2018, 12:18:42 PM »

$50,000-$100,000 is an unreachable amount of money for most people in a single payment. Dr. Debiparshad has stated he is trying to work with NuVasive to arrange financing options for patients, but that is currently not in place with no specific target date.

The following companies offer financing with competitive rates for up to $100,000 in the form of a straightforward personal loan. These products can potentially offer patients financial access to the top doctors around the world listed in the previous posts in this thread who are or will be using the full weight bearing STRYDE nail. Everyone should be able to have this surgery without taking extremely dangerous risks to their legs and life simply because they don't have the money.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:45:27 PM by Stadiometer, Esq »

hanshi

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2018, 08:05:14 PM »

Hey guys, sorry to rain on your parade, but there are some misconceptions here about the weight bearing thing in general. As I pointed out earlier there is a big mistake in the presentation from Dr. Paley. The 4-point bending test he is referring to is certainly the one defined by the standard ASTM F1264. The results of these tests are bending moments which are measured in Nm, I.e. Newton meters. Pounds make no sense whatsoever because the force needs to be multiplied with half the distance between the loading point and the support.
The resulting value does not constitute the maximum weight of a patient or something similar. It is only used to compare different nails. Therefore the figures presented by Dr. Paley mean that Precice Stryde is stronger than Precice2 by a factor of around 2.2. That's a very good result, however doesn't mean full weight bearing for all patients.
So if you want to know the weight bearing capacity of Stryde you must take the capacity of Precice2 and multiply with 2.2.

Hope this helps.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up