Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight Bearing after Lengthening (after distraction phase is completed)??  (Read 1132 times)

rami

What are the available methods (internal and external) that allows full weight bearing immediately after lengthening is completed?

Body Builder

External tibias with Ilizarov fixators and internals with albizia.

Dhdhdjuru

Guys how much is the safest and the most cm I can gain in both the tibia and femur so I can swim again. I do competitive swimming.
167cm Morning & 166.7 Evening.
Goal: 182cm, Tibia and Femur 14-15cm.
Possibly in Russia during Summer of 2019.

Moon knight

Guys how much is the safest and the most cm I can gain in both the tibia and femur so I can swim again. I do competitive swimming.

Honestly i would say 10cm 4 inches 5 cm in tibs and 5 cm in femurs yea to serguries but safest for getting more height if you realky desire it
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

LLSouthAmerica

Most likely you will be able to swim to some level at any lengthening since it is easier than walking (all weight is void). However, I don't think anyone can tell you the impact of LL on your swimming level and chances are you won't be able to compete at a high level.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Dhdhdjuru

Fair enough, Im not gonna be on a competitive level by the time I get the surgery anyways, my contract will be up next year so I'm cool with that. Just wanna be able to swim you know? Like a hobby.

LLSouthAmerica

Fair enough, Im not gonna be on a competitive level by the time I get the surgery anyways, my contract will be up next year so I'm cool with that. Just wanna be able to swim you know? Like a hobby.

I used to swim during lengthening. I don't know if it was the weight of the nail or the fracture, but I lost my buoyancy in my lower body and had to use more the hands or push a lot on the legs to go forward. I think I should retake swimming :) it really helps cool down the stiff muscles I recommend it.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

rami

What about LATN, LON and fit bone ?

Dhdhdjuru

Certainly does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up