Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I know this site is 90% males but...  (Read 4150 times)

childish_bambino

• Visitor
I know this site is 90% males but...
« on: August 22, 2017, 06:38:54 AM »

can you give me some insight in what is "normal"/"acceptable" height for a female? I'm asking strangers because it feels less bias that way; whereas with friends, they always give the same "no one notices your height!" "you're fine!! surgery is not worth it" "but short girls are cute" speech.

[and if there are any females on this site, please give me your opinion]

I've been considering this surgery for a while, but before I start making some major life-adjustments to save up for it, I want to make sure I'm not being "unneccessary" with this intense procedure, hence the question:

is 154cm (basically 5ft) really short for a girl? :/ I'm 19 and haven't grown since middle school.. Also I live on and off in the US and S.Korea, where the standard height for females is like 5 inches taller than me...it sucks because I tutor middle schoolers and they're all taller than me... and everyday they say the same joke like "are you really in college?! youre so short, stand up!"

I want to do internals [precise] on femur [6 - 8cm], and external on tibia [5cm or whenever my body says "no more" lol]. Procedures would be 3 years apart, starting from when I turn 22. Thinking about Paley/Dr.Dongho lee. so a total of 11 to 13 cm. honestly i hope i can do 14cm total...but thats just a hope. Anyways, my new potential height would be somewhere from 5'4 to 5'5, or possibly really close to 5'6.

Long ass intro/outro to a short ass question lol.

and here are some other questions!:

1. whats considered normal female height where you're from [don't answer if youre from europe, you're just gonna break my heart, yall be skyscrapers T-T actually, please do answer, i can take the pain lol]

2. if you were a 5ft tall female, would you do LL?

3. Do you think, from your male or female perspective, there is a bigggg difference between a 5ft girl and a 5'5 girl?

4. Do you even notice when a female is 5ft?! I know for guys, theres a big emphasis on height in society so girls are conditioned to notice a guys height asap and judge them but...what about for guys to girls lol? Or do you not even see 5ft girls because we're out of your peripheral view BECAUSE ALL YALL SO GODDAMN TALL! even the 5'4 guys on here...i would love to be naturally 5'4...this wasn't really a question tbh..oh wait it was..do you even notice a girls height? [females yall can answer too]

Overdozer

Re: I know this site is 90% males but...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:02:04 AM »

Just don't. You have no idea what you are signing yourself for. Plus you won't look better or hold a higher value post-LL - the opposite is more likely. Tibia scarring, 13 cm total amount of lengthening, not sure what you're thinking about. Also, 5' is obviously short but "normal short" for a female. The one and only way to lengthen for a female is all-internal low amount of lengthening (up to 8 cm or 3" for TWO surgeries). Or super low lengthening internal femurs (up to 5 cm or 2") That won't give you much anyway
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Bander72

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »

5 feet is short but not abnormally short for women and being a woman you can wear heels. You don't have any social stigma placed on you like a short man does. So avoid the surgery and focus on improving in other things.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

MirinHeight

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:36 AM »

can you give me some insight in what is "normal"/"acceptable" height for a female? I'm asking strangers because it feels less bias that way; whereas with friends, they always give the same "no one notices your height!" "you're fine!! surgery is not worth it" "but short girls are cute" speech.

[and if there are any females on this site, please give me your opinion]

I've been considering this surgery for a while, but before I start making some major life-adjustments to save up for it, I want to make sure I'm not being "unneccessary" with this intense procedure, hence the question:

is 154cm (basically 5ft) really short for a girl? :/ I'm 19 and haven't grown since middle school.. Also I live on and off in the US and S.Korea, where the standard height for females is like 5 inches taller than me...it sucks because I tutor middle schoolers and they're all taller than me... and everyday they say the same joke like "are you really in college?! youre so short, stand up!"

I want to do internals [precise] on femur [6 - 8cm], and external on tibia [5cm or whenever my body says "no more" lol]. Procedures would be 3 years apart, starting from when I turn 22. Thinking about Paley/Dr.Dongho lee. so a total of 11 to 13 cm. honestly i hope i can do 14cm total...but thats just a hope. Anyways, my new potential height would be somewhere from 5'4 to 5'5, or possibly really close to 5'6.

Long ass intro/outro to a short ass question lol.

and here are some other questions!:

1. whats considered normal female height where you're from [don't answer if youre from europe, you're just gonna break my heart, yall be skyscrapers T-T actually, please do answer, i can take the pain lol]

2. if you were a 5ft tall female, would you do LL?

3. Do you think, from your male or female perspective, there is a bigggg difference between a 5ft girl and a 5'5 girl?

4. Do you even notice when a female is 5ft?! I know for guys, theres a big emphasis on height in society so girls are conditioned to notice a guys height asap and judge them but...what about for guys to girls lol? Or do you not even see 5ft girls because we're out of your peripheral view BECAUSE ALL YALL SO GODDAMN TALL! even the 5'4 guys on here...i would love to be naturally 5'4...this wasn't really a question tbh..oh wait it was..do you even notice a girls height? [females yall can answer too]

I'm around 5'11 and I have a thing for short girls. It turns me on seeing a hot/pretty/cute short girl cause I can just toss them around and do whatever in the bedroom. A lot of guys over 6 feet think the same way.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »

Height on girls doesn't really matter unless you are very short or tall (less than 5ft or more than 5.9-10).
You are short but for most of men this won't be a drawback, for many of them it will be a benefit too as they like short girls.
Yes a 5.5 girl will look better proportionally as generally 5.4 to 5.7 are the best heights where women look good and feminine but still your height is not a problem to think about something so hard and risky like LL.
If you are good looking then you won't have any problem in anything. If you are not, try to be fit and maybe do a boobjob which is far easier and cheaper than LL and is much more important for a woman than height (if she has small breasts).

So in a few words, don't do LL, you don't need it.

Annalisa

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »

As a short female, I can advise you not not listen to males here. They're obviously clueless.

It's true that as a short female, you have  much less problem than if you were a male.

It's also true that many guys are attracted to small girls, but it's often because they're insicure misogynists and see small females as easier to submit. It's not positive at all.

Plus, it's only you who can decide how do you feel, not anyone else. Being too short, regardless of sxx, makes it harder to being taken seriously; and especially if you have a young face, could lead people to mistaken you for a teenager even if you're in your mid-tweenties (in fact people don't believe you're in college and tease you)

I don't say you need to be 170cms. But being at least 161, 162 cms and wearing heels, would be very different than being 154cms with heels. You wouldn't feel so far comparing to 170cms tall girls anymore. You decide.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 03:45:56 PM »

true that many guys are attracted to small girls, but it's often because they're insicure misogynists and see small females as easier to submit. It's not positive at all.
Don't speak for the males, you sound like a clueless feminist.
Men like shorter girls for the same reasons why girls like babies. It's instinct and it makes us want to protect girls. It's a very positive thing actually.
It even protects feminists like you from getting smacked in the face when they talk sh*t that men would have gotten a blue eye for it!

@childish_bambino

We men are hunters and I can promise you that we spot EVERY girl, no mater where or how short they are. It's what we do ;-)

I'm a short guy (163,5cm after one surgery), so I wouldn't mind your height at all, but because of my own short stature I can also relate to how it feels like to not be taken seriously by others.
In Europe (yes, I said it), where I live, about 7 in 50 girls are shorter than 165cm and only one of them is like your height.
So, your height is as rare among girls as mine is among men.
I know, it sucks.
But at least you can still date (almost) every man on this planet. I can't. I depend on finding my soulmate among short girls like you who are...well, very rare.
At one point in my life, I was stupid and tried to commit suicide because of all the discrimination from the guys, and the laughter from the girls. Exclusion kills you from the inside!
LL is now what has given me new hope and a reason to live on. So I would like to encourage you to do LL. As a >160cm tall girl, you would be much closer to average than I could ever be as a man, even after my second surgery.

Good luck!

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 03:51:56 PM »

Don't speak for the males, you sound like a clueless feminist.
Men like shorter girls for the same reasons why girls like babies. It's instinct and it makes us want to protect girls. It's a very positive thing actually.
It even protects feminists like you from getting smacked in the face when they talk sh*t that men would have gotten a blue eye for it!

@childish_bambino

We men are hunters and I can promise you that we spot EVERY girl, no mater where or how short they are. It's what we do ;-)

I'm a short guy (163,5cm after one surgery), so I wouldn't mind your height at all, but because of my own short stature I can also relate to how it feels like to not be taken seriously by others.
In Europe (yes, I said it), where I live, about 7 in 50 girls are shorter than 165cm and only one of them is like your height.
So, your height is as rare among girls as mine is among men.
I know, it sucks.
But at least you can still date (almost) every man on this planet. I can't. I depend on finding my soulmate among short girls like you who are...well, very rare.
At one point in my life, I was stupid and tried to commit suicide because of all the discrimination from the guys, and the laughter from the girls. Exclusion kills you from the inside!
LL is now what has given me new hope and a reason to live on. So I would like to encourage you to do LL. As a >160cm tall girl, you would be much closer to average than I could ever be as a man, even after my second surgery.

Good luck!

7 out of 50 girls are shorter than 165? where did you get that rubbish?
I learned some stuff during this time

Jack1066

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 04:01:12 PM »

No seriously if you are listening to someone say "I like short girls because I can toss them around and whatever and so many guys feel the same way" then yeah I don't think every woman would like to hear that. So that's not really a good thing to say. Although LLSouthAmerica is spot on, it is women who tend to have the need to feel small and helpless and men don't tend to often care about that unless they have a fetish.

I personally like short girls, because they're cute, and also because I'm insecure about my own height (so I usually go for short girls).

I do feel like if a short woman is open to dating short men then she has a big dating pool, and also that a lot of men do like short women for whatever reason. So in dating I think being a short woman, like being a tall man, is quite a good bonus (but not as big as being a tall man as women care more about height).

I can see that short women, like short men, are not always taken seriously. They are insulted less often but they are treated like children as often, when they get angry they aren't taken seriously etc.

I think if I was a woman I'd prefer to be average height, but if I was short I'd personally roll with the punches. I think I might rather be a short than a tall woman. I think there are positives and negatives in equal measure to being a short woman, but being a short man is basically an entirely negative experience. I think that having nothing to lose and everything to gain is probably what "justifies" LL (although of course I won't judge anyone who does the surgery- I'm just thinking in terms of what is worth risking).

I don't think there is a huge difference between a 5' and 5'5" girl however, height is much less important for women. Yeah we do notice your height but not in a negative way (whereas for short guys, height is always noticed in a negative way, unfortunately).

I'd say a "normal" female height is something like 5'2"-5'7", if by "normal" you mean average. But that doesn't make your height unattractive. Just like the way some women would find a height 5 inches above average like 6'3" ideal, some men would also find your 5" sub-average height very attractive. Again, it works differently for women. For a man to be considered generally speaking attractive to a large number of women I think his height would have to be in the 5'8"-6'4" range. For a woman height matters much less, maybe between 5'0" and 5'10" is where it looks "normal" and not odd, but again it doesn't really matter so much.

Chris

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 04:06:22 PM »

7 out of 50 girls are shorter than 165? where did you get that rubbish?

That's the girls in my life. I count short girls, it's a habit.
Come to Germany (the south) and count for yourself ;-)
If I would take the 30-year-olds into account, they would be more.
I'm a real LL-patient.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »

As a short female, I can advise you not not listen to males here. They're obviously clueless.

It's true that as a short female, you have  much less problem than if you were a male.

It's also true that many guys are attracted to small girls, but it's often because they're insicure misogynists and see small females as easier to submit. It's not positive at all.

Plus, it's only you who can decide how do you feel, not anyone else. Being too short, regardless of sxx, makes it harder to being taken seriously; and especially if you have a young face, could lead people to mistaken you for a teenager even if you're in your mid-tweenties (in fact people don't believe you're in college and tease you)

I don't say you need to be 170cms. But being at least 161, 162 cms and wearing heels, would be very different than being 154cms with heels. You wouldn't feel so far comparing to 170cms tall girls anymore. You decide.

I think the ones that have that stupid need to feel small and helpless are women. For a man, it is better to be stronger and "bigger" and it makes sense since these are positive characteristics. I don't understand why many women actively pursue to being the weaker in the relationship, it seems like for many submission is attractive.

Men don't care so much about height for their partners, as you can see from many of the surveys on internet. However, men with no self-esteem will prefer a shorter, smaller girl that makes them feel better about themselves. Those who feel good on their own skin want the hot girl regardless of her height.

That being said I personally find that longer legs in a woman are attractive and perhaps 160-170 cm is the best height for a girl. However, LL is intrinsically harder and riskier for a woman so girls have to put this in a balance.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

YellowSpike

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 04:31:46 PM »

The ONLY thing that puts me off about short women is that, since I'm still biologically virtually a midget (166cm before LL), having kids with a short woman will guarantee that I'll have short kids. I try to go for women at least 5'3", no shorter than that. Of course, I'd probably give any son of mine HGH to ensure he doesn't suffer the same fate I did (having to do LL). But even so...I find short women (who are thin and pretty) very attractive, and it definitely taps into that "protector" thing, a role I like filling.

I tend to end up dating women 5'4" To 5'7", usually. Recently dated one who claimed she was 5'9", but we were exactly the same height (I saw us in a mirror in her apartment when we were both barefoot). So who knows?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »

Shortest I dated/ one night standed was 5' tallest was 5'10 or so. Now with a 5'1 girl.  Never cared

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 05:03:56 PM »

Things you learn in this thread:

166 cm is biologically a midget.
7 out of 50 girls in Germany are below 165 (Chris...just wait until the Turkish population mixes with the German one a little more and also wait for the North African migrant population to increase and you can expect that number to change), and also I would be careful going the "red pill route" with the "men are hunters" biotruths, because I imagine a number of men could reject a woman of that height, one reason being the one YellowSpike listed: Some men don't want kids ending up short. So yeah, I don't believe men have no standards at height at all...but that's not a bad thing. Different people have different potential partners.

But if OP is like me, she cares less about finding a suitable partner and more about how she looks next to a crowd of normal, average people in her home country. How she compares to the height of her coworkers, her boss, the cashier at Burger King, and whoever she meets on a daily routine. If that bothers you a lot OP, then yes, LL could one day be an option for you. Take at least one year to think about it though.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Jack1066

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 06:08:00 PM »

Things you learn in this thread:

166 cm is biologically a midget.
7 out of 50 girls in Germany are below 165 (Chris...just wait until the Turkish population mixes with the German one a little more and also wait for the North African migrant population to increase and you can expect that number to change), and also I would be careful going the "red pill route" with the "men are hunters" biotruths, because I imagine a number of men could reject a woman of that height, one reason being the one YellowSpike listed: Some men don't want kids ending up short. So yeah, I don't believe men have no standards at height at all...but that's not a bad thing. Different people have different potential partners.

But if OP is like me, she cares less about finding a suitable partner and more about how she looks next to a crowd of normal, average people in her home country. How she compares to the height of her coworkers, her boss, the cashier at Burger King, and whoever she meets on a daily routine. If that bothers you a lot OP, then yes, LL could one day be an option for you. Take at least one year to think about it though.

I agree with the point you make. But, 5' is not really likely to be an impediment for a girl in finding a serious partner- It'd be pretty unlikely to be a dealbreaker for a guy who mattered- whereas say, a very short height for a man is much more likely to be an impediment in finding a serious partner.

Annalisa

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 07:01:16 PM »

I knew my comment would piss some of insicure misogynist off.

Personally I don't give a damn about being protected, especially from from some insicure male who hide his mental weakness by playing alpha macho.

None of you can't say if height matter for a short girl, expect the short girl herself.

You boil it all down to finding a partner, but in social life there is much more than that; and the difference between being 150-155 cms and being over 160 cms  is very significant for a girl; in respect of being taken seriously or not being mistaken for a child.

For a male, it would still be too  short, but the fact that males have higher standars with which confronting themselves, it doesn't make being a girl under a certain height free of social stigma. There is social stigma, and it's not small.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:32:35 PM by Annalisa »

Annalisa

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 07:09:37 PM »

"she cares less about finding a suitable partner and more about how she looks next to a crowd of normal, average people in her home country. How she compares to the height of her coworkers, her boss, the cashier at Burger King, and whoever she meets on a daily routine."

That's the exact reasons why particulary short women want this operation. Not dating related matters like men do. I don't care  about being tall at all, not even being average is fundamental; but being closer to the average woman height would not be a small change at all.

Especially because I want to be a neurologist, and in an authoritative position, always in contact with people who consult you on delicate matters, height doesn't go unnoticed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:43:35 PM by Annalisa »

Chris

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »

Annalisa,

thinking about LL makes you ladies even more "insecure" and "mentally weak" than the men, because you don't have even close to the same amount of social disadvantages and pressure.
And assuming that men only break their legs for dating is plainly stupid and shows how little you actually know about men and the true reasons for LL.
Maybe it's because the number of >180cm guys here and on reddit has been growing so much, but the short guys who really are in the need for LL are typically the most rational and mentally strongest.

I'm a real LL-patient.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 08:04:07 PM »

"she cares less about finding a suitable partner and more about how she looks next to a crowd of normal, average people in her home country. How she compares to the height of her coworkers, her boss, the cashier at Burger King, and whoever she meets on a daily routine."

That's the exact reasons why particulary short women want this operation. Not dating related matters like men do. I don't care  about being tall at all, not even being average is fundamental; but being closer to the average woman height would not be a small change at all.

Especially because I want to be a neurologist, and in an authoritative position, always in contact with people who consult you on delicate matters, height doesn't go unnoticed.

That's exactly why I did the surgery, so not all men only care about dating. Height is unfortunately associated with power regardless of gender but especially in men, and psychology shows first impressions are very important.

However, it is also the truth that the pressure is not as strong as in men. I really do think that very short women and women striving to become models can benefit from LL. Unfortunately, this surgery as risky as it is, can become more dangerous in women, particularly in those who have an unrealistic goal. It is a biological fact that cannot be disregarded.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

silvershade

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 08:07:29 PM »

That's exactly why I did the surgery, so not all men only care about dating. Height is unfortunately associated with power regardless of gender but especially in men, and psychology shows first impressions are very important.

However, it is also the truth that the pressure is not as strong as in men. I really do think that very short women and women striving to become models can benefit from LL. Unfortunately, this surgery as risky as it is, can become more dangerous in women, particularly in those who have an unrealistic goal. It is a biological fact that cannot be disregarded.

Why do you say that the procedure is more dangerous in women?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »

Annalisa,

thinking about LL makes you ladies even more "insecure" and "mentally weak" than the men, because you don't have even close to the same amount of social disadvantages and pressure.
And assuming that men only break their legs for dating is plainly stupid and shows how little you actually know about men and the true reasons for LL.
Maybe it's because the number of >180cm guys here and on reddit has been growing so much, but the short guys who really are in the need for LL are typically the most rational and mentally strongest.

Speaking of rationality and mental strength in a LL forum is an oxymoron. According to you, you are mentally weaker than dwarfs who want to do LL because they have more social disadvantages and pressure.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »

Why do you say that the procedure is more dangerous in women?

Because it is a biological fact that women generally have lower bone mass than males, and it predisposes them to fractures and delayed consolidation especially if we consider that bone mass is even lower in small framed slender women which at the same time is directly correlated with less height.

This even becomes more pronounced around mid 40s and bone mass markedly decreases after menopause. Fortunately, while I've seen crazy 50 year olds doing this surgery, I've never met women at that age planning to do LL.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

silvershade

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »

Because it is a biological fact that women generally have lower bone mass than males, and it predisposes them to fractures and delayed consolidation especially if we consider that bone mass is even lower in small framed slender women which at the same time is directly correlated with less height.

This even becomes more pronounced around mid 40s and bone mass markedly decreases after menopause. Fortunately, while I've seen crazy 50 year olds doing this surgery, I've never met women at that age planning to do LL.

So how does a lower bone mass contribute to it being more risky? and what if a woman is big boned (like having larger than normal bones)

Chris

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 08:42:01 PM »

Speaking of rationality and mental strength in a LL forum is an oxymoron. According to you, you are mentally weaker than dwarfs who want to do LL because they have more social disadvantages and pressure.

Nah, it can only get so and so bad below a certain height, objectively.
Males and females, who are not too short are the ones with a messed up head.
Average people want more respect, more dates, more career..more of everything they already have.
Too short people want respect, a date...normal things that they are excluded from average and tall people.
One of this is rational, the other is some form of greed.

I'm a real LL-patient.

Annalisa

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »

LOL Chris, you're hilarious. If it's not about dating, then the others social disadvantages like not being taken seriously or being confused for a child, they're the same that have been tormenting me since my childhood and have contributed to make me obsessive compulsive and social phobic.  Issues that have led me to lock myself for YEARS and thinking seriously about suicide many times.

Dimishining my pain as something insignificant just because I'm not a male, it's just  shows your pathetic misogyny.

Everyone who has not a pathological problem (real midgets), does lengthening for eastetical reasons and social approval; which is the exact definition of insecurity.

So yes, I'm insecure about my height, but I'm not mentally weak as someone who has not the courage to admit his insecurities.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »

So how does a lower bone mass contribute to it being more risky? and what if a woman is big boned (like having larger than normal bones)

I just told you, fractures and delay consolidation with are an added risk for women, diabetics, smokers, Asians, etc. Of course, I cannot say that it is impossible that one particular woman can have more bone mass than one particular man. However, as an average, men have higher bone mass and heal faster than women.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 09:04:49 PM »

LOL Chris, you're hilarious. If it's not about dating, then the others social disadvantages like not being taken seriously or being confused for a child, they're the same that have been tormenting me since my childhood and have contributed to make me obsessive compulsive and social phobic.  Issues that have led me to lock myself for YEARS and thinking seriously about suicide many times.

Dimishining my pain as something insignificant just because I'm not a male, it's just  shows your pathetic misogyny.

Everyone who has not a pathological problem (real midgets), does lengthening for eastetical reasons and social approval; which is the exact definition of insecurity.

So yes, I'm insecure about my height, but I'm not mentally weak as someone who has not the courage to admit his insecurities.

What you are saying Annalisa about social disadvantages for being short as a woman (not being taken seriously or getting treated as a child) is very true. I've met a lot of them during my LL journey.

What you should understand is that the majority of short men have a little bit of misogyny in them. Remember that most of us have been rejected by women for being short and not only that but many disrespectful women put into question men masculinity itself only because of height. So what Chris is saying is a product of seeing every day short women who date/respect more tall guys and constantly ignore short men, even when they are not tall themselves.

On the other hand, Chris you are not allowed to tell a woman what they are or are not entitled to do with their own body. You cannot insert your values onto their heads and expect them to think like you.

So try to understand each other.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Annalisa

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 09:22:37 PM »

Thanks, SouthAmerica, for showing empathy. Height has had a dreadful impact on my mental health and life, so when I read patronizing comments by males saying being small is not a problem for women because they have less problems dating (like if it were the only important thing in life), it really bothers me.

Of course, if I compare myself with the actor playing Tyrion in game of thrones, my problems seem much smaller and I feel a bit irrational and ungrateful; but everyone  on this forum could say the same thing ( I doubt the are real midgets in here, we're all healthy people with no genetic defect).

However, even if not a midget, the impact of being under a certain height is huge. And it could make a physician career much much harder, than if I had 13cms more. Lengthening is a risk I want to take to overcome my anxiety problems and basically removing a big hurdle in the way of the life I want.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:14 PM »

Thanks, SouthAmerica, for showing empathy. Height has had a dreadful impact on my mental health and life, so when I read patronizing comments by males saying being small is not a problem for women because they have less problems dating (like if it were the only important thing in life), it really bothers me.

Of course, if I compare myself with the actor playing Tyrion in game of thrones, my problems seem much smaller and I feel a bit irrational and ungrateful; but everyone  on this forum could say the same thing ( I doubt the are real midgets in here, we're all healthy people with no genetic defect).

However, even if not a midget, the impact of being under a certain height is huge. And it could make a physician career much much harder, than if I had 13cms more. Lengthening is a risk I want to take to overcome my anxiety problems and basically removing a big hurdle in the way of the life I want.

Just for you to know, that head department of one of the internal medicine departments in the hospital I am in is a maximum 5'2 woman.
The second in the line of command of the pediatric department is also maximum 5'3 (she always wears heels so I don't know..).

I am not telling you this in order to discredit your mental problem with height but in order to show you that what you are saying (atleast about workplace) is simply not true..
 A doctor, lawyer (non american because in the states they have this theater like courts), vet and any basically any working place I have witnessed, men and women get judged by their skills and not their looks.

Annalisa

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »

I'm 4'9. I have often being told of being particulary smart, but the first thing my patients would think about me, it wouldn't be "how smart the doctor is", but "the neurologist looks like a child wearing a coat".

If I were at least 5'3, I wouldn't bother to lengthen.

Our society is superfial and, under a certain level, the amount of cms overshadow your intelligence and character, making social life a source of sadness, rather than a pleasure.

Chris

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2017, 10:27:37 PM »

Are you f*cking kidding me!?
Where did I say someone is not allowed to do anything?
You're allowed to lengthen you limbs until they reach the moon, I don't care what you guys do to your bodies.
I very clearly stated the differences between too short people and average/tall people, regardless of one's gender and before that I said that (too short) men have more social disadvantage and pressure compared to (too short) women, and I, at no point, nullified disadvantages for any women.
If you're having hallucinations and scream like Xena across the web because you see a gender-wars coming, it's your own fault.
I'm out.

I'm a real LL-patient.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up