Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I know this site is 90% males but...  (Read 4140 times)

Annalisa

Re: I know this site is 90% males but...
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »

I'm 4'9. I have often being told of being particulary smart, but the first thing my patients would think about me, it wouldn't be "how smart the doctor is", but "the neurologist looks like a child wearing a coat".

If I were at least 5'3, I wouldn't bother to lengthen.

Our society is superfial and, under a certain level, the amount of cms overshadow your intelligence and character, making social life a source of sadness, rather than a pleasure.

Chris

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2017, 10:27:37 PM »

Are you f*cking kidding me!?
Where did I say someone is not allowed to do anything?
You're allowed to lengthen you limbs until they reach the moon, I don't care what you guys do to your bodies.
I very clearly stated the differences between too short people and average/tall people, regardless of one's gender and before that I said that (too short) men have more social disadvantage and pressure compared to (too short) women, and I, at no point, nullified disadvantages for any women.
If you're having hallucinations and scream like Xena across the web because you see a gender-wars coming, it's your own fault.
I'm out.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2017, 10:28:00 PM »

I'm 4'9. I have often being told of being particulary smart, but the first thing my patients would think about me, it wouldn't be "how smart the doctor is", but "the neurologist looks like a child wearing a coat".

If I were at least 5'3, I wouldn't bother to lengthen.

Our society is superfial and, under a certain level, the amount of cms overshadow your intelligence and character, making social life a source of sadness, rather than a pleasure.

Sorry. I thought you were 5'. I must have mistaken you for somebody else
I learned some stuff during this time

Annalisa

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »

I made a mistake.

I meant 4'11 (148,149 cms), not 4'9 (144 cms, that would be technically midget and my country would pay for the operation). I'm italian, I don't understand your inch system very much.

Still 5' is too short. I would still be short, but not too much to matter, at 5'3 (160cm) or close. 150-155 cms is  too far from the average and it has big impact of the way people see or treat you.

The height I aim is 161-162 cms. I would still be below average, but it would not matter.

childish_bambino

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 12:51:42 AM »

WOW so many replies, Thank you all! TBH this can be an imitadating website but thanks for answering my questions without making me feel stupid for asking (:

@overdozer
damn...you're probably right. are the scars on ext. tibia that bad? Do you have any examples? I tried looking around in the forum but most photos are from guys that are tan+hairy so I couldnt see their scars that much and Im fair skin-ish and have no hair to cover my scars lol. I would be committed to do scar removal too...maybe I'll just shoot for 10cm (total,so femur and tibia combined) is that alright? (I just want to be average) Also, why do you recommend internal for tibia, and how much cm on tibia would you do if you were a 5ft girl already committed to LL? Just curious, since you have lots of experience with LL.

@Bander72
Even with a heels though (casual everday wear heels, like 2inches) I'm still not average...but I get what you're saying. Thanks for direct about it. TBH when you put like that, in terms of opportunity cost, there are other things I could be doing rather than being in a hospital for months..

@mirinheight
okay, noted. thanks for the input and honesty.

@body builder
I get the points you're making, and they are valid, but the thing is...I'm not really doing this for dating-related reasons. I just want to be average, not have to shop in the kids/teenage section, not have to tailor every pair of pants and dresses, reach the shelf without tip toeing or jumping or asking some other person, not have to be hyperaware of everyone elses height...small stuff like that. But maybe it's not worth it, idk. I was like 88% committed before posting this forum, but after everyone's replies, Im not sure.

@Jack1066
"Everything to gain but nothing to lose" damn...just when i got my heart set on the surgery you plottwisted me with philosophy...do i have everything to lose? really, I think I need to put things in perspective.

@TIBIKE200
As a member of the 5ft girls association, thanks for not caring, LOL. Also, the references you gave about your doctors being 5'2 or 5'3 are encouraging, even though... they're still taller than I  T_T

@Iwannabetaller
"But if OP is like me, she cares less about finding a suitable partner and more about how she looks next to a crowd of normal, average people in her home country. How she compares to the height of her coworkers, her boss, the cashier at Burger King, and whoever she meets on a daily routine. If that bothers you a lot OP, then yes, LL could one day be an option for you. Take at least one year to think about it though." MY INTERNAL DIALOGUE EVERDAY, i just want to be normal. I'll take another year to think about it then, thanks yo thanks.

@YellowSpike
SAME. My kid will be on that HGH life if he falls behind average, which will probably happen since I tend to date "short" guys (5'4-5'7). even though tall guys are nice to look at... with short guys, we just see more...eye to eye...........................bu dum tiss

@LLsouthamerica
I didn't know girls had more complications like that :O You speak the truth though, the part about being not being taken seriously...I can't tell you how many times guys have made side jokes about my height...and I hate being treated like a child but there are worst problems in the world, like my bone density leading me to having multiple fractures...:/

@Annalisa
Girl, as a future computer scientist who was born and raised in Silicon Valley, I know where you're coming from in terms of being scared that our height(+gender) will affect our careers...Also, high-five, my grandpa was italian too!

and I'm a feminist too, but you seem to be a little too aggressive in your endeavor to prove a point to Chris, and although i think its totally acceptable for any girl to show aggressiveness, regardless of your gender, you took an L when you made the generalization that all guys on this site are clueless. Just like any man saying all girls on this site are clueless, these phrases are the opposite of gender equality, we shouldnt make any generalizations about any gender on any topic, especially negative generalizations.

I can feel your frustration, sexism is a serious issue that deserves discussion, but Chris ain't that guy. /:

Also, when you said "None of you can't say if height matter for a short girl, expect the short girl herself. ", just remember that I asked them,

Lastly, sociologically, it is true that society is harder on short men. However, not every individuals life, yours included, always obey sociologically-placed assumptions like this. So it can be true that your struggles with your height have caused you the same amount of pain as it would a man's, but it's also important to realize that what Chris is saying isn't wrong either. Height standards for both genders are real in their consequence (for men, the consequence is stigma/trouble dating/ etc etc ; for women, it can be the same, or more, most likely less, but not always)but consequences very from person to person's experience, and on average, men do face more consequences from their height. But that doesn't have to invalidate your experience. In other words, You can both be right

Yall need to empathize with each other more, how can you expect him to validate your struggles with height if you can't even give him the benefit of the doubt and accept that he might just like cute girls for no truly mysgonistic reason.

On a side note, im making the assumption youre about to start college or are in college, we might be doing LL at the same time!! If you ever decide to get it done, we could potentially meet at the same hospital years from now ahaha. Good luck to you!! I hope you make a diary and your scars heal nicely!!

@Chris
Basically the same ^^^ stuff as I said to Analisa, but on an extra short note, please don't say you'll slap a girl for spouting feminist-ignorance ): You gotta see that she's coming from a world of struggle and sexism so try to empathize with her frustration and then talk her down and discuss the problems with her statements...Like LLsouthamerica said, try to understand each other. Yall both coming from a society that  s on you, so maybe instead of trying to compare the experiences, just validate it, because we'll never really know what it's like to be the other gender/height.

on a side note, thank you answering my question! Good luck to you on your LL journey, and thanks for making me feel better about my potential LL decision, I'll be more grateful for average height ^^ It's encouraging when someone tells you to just do it, LOL

Bander72

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 02:08:44 AM »

Yes women have disadvantages but it is not EQUAL to the challenges short men have. So the short fenimist women if you were to say your challenges were equal to a 5" 2 short man in the streets then they would laugh at you and wonder what is wrong with you.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:29:09 AM by Bander72 »
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

onemorefoot

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2017, 02:23:56 AM »

You are not that small, at least you are over 5', dont even bother in this surgery. The discrimination you experiment is nothing compared to the very short males. If you decide at the end just go for the easy precise route, you dont need to be in cages for a year, although is safer.
Budget will determine my future.

silvershade

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2017, 02:35:17 AM »

I am "male"

onemorefoot

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2017, 02:42:50 AM »

silvershade

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2017, 03:48:21 AM »

I Wrote to the OP
Wrong thread, my bad

onemorefoot

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2017, 03:50:18 AM »

childish_bambino

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2017, 04:03:57 AM »

Yes women have disadvantages but it is not EQUAL to the challenges short men have. So the short fenimist women if you were to say your challenges were equal to a 5" 2 short man in the streets then they would laugh at you and wonder what is wrong with you.

but since we're talking about something as subjective as pain (or whatever term you would like to use to describe the emotional reprecussion of stigma on short people), then it's relative right? I mean, I personally agree that short men have more challenges but it's like......im not sure how to put it in words, so ill use as an example:
Alex breaks his leg, the doctor asks him "on a scale of 1 to 10 how much pain do you feel?" and he says 5
Julie twists her ankle and the doctor asks her the same question, she says 10

Even though Alex obviously has a more serious injury, Julie is "more" pain.

We can't measure how much a social stigma affects as indivudal relative to another because its so subjective. Thus, I think Annalisa could have experienced as much pain as the other males on this site, not neccessarily because society been as equally mean to her as to short men, but more because, irrelevant of how much stigma she did face, it affected her emotional state more; so she felt the pain as much.

I'm not really good at typing thoughts coherently, so forgive me if my reply seems messy. Also, sorry to annalisa so speaking on your behalf, I don't know what you've been through emotionally.

Overall though, thanks for your input!

P.S I would kill to be 5'2 T_T ahhh but i dream

Bander72

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2017, 04:44:27 AM »

That has more to do with her having more emotional issues but she wants to argue that in general, it is equal which is not. Of course, she has more insecurities and pain than some short men that don't care about their height.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Thatdude950

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »

You're absolutely clueless. This isn't like getting a new haircut or dress. Jesus Christ. Run away and forget that you ever heard of this surgery.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2018, 07:31:17 AM »

I am a short black woman and I can completely relate to what Annalisa says. I have face so much stigma for being black ANd short that I feel that CLL is my only option. She is right about when people dont take us seriously. I have stoof up against my bullies made ultimatum and its like they didnt take it into consderation. The fact is short height is seen as inferior. No matter how talented, nice,, or intelligent a person is..the short height is what they see..and its wat they judge. Im really tired of short men complaining about how they cant get a girlfriend because they are short. So what? Who cares. Its not as bad when everyone you meet..automatically thinks you are inferior and you have to prove them right and bascially be super assertive in order to be respected.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

wants2growtaller

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 07:34:07 AM »

Having children with a short person is not a gurantee that a persons offspring will be short. Height is determine by genetics yes but its also heavily influence by nutrtion..and how a person takes care of themselves. If a person takes really good care of themselves growing up chances are they wont be short. But being short ..if its not a little person is not adeath sentence. The reason why shortness is so hard is because its socially unacceptable to be short. And that height prejudice is widely accepted.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Bon_Voyage

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 02:11:11 PM »

Why are you tired of short men complaining they cant have a girlfriend because they are short, isnt that a legit complaint??? Dont you even as a short woman discriminate against short men when it comes to dating???

wants2growtaller

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2018, 09:29:50 AM »

Why are you tired of short men complaining they cant have a girlfriend because they are short, isnt that a legit complaint??? Dont you even as a short woman discriminate against short men when it comes to dating???

I just think its not a good enough reason to do cosmetic limb lengthening because you can not get a girlfrfiend or boyfriend. CLL is a very serious operation and no one is worth that much of a sacrifice. I personally don't date at all. ANd I klnow that my height is a barrier when it comes to relationship. I know that if I don't do cosmetic limb lengthening surgery I will probably never find true love and have children. But to me its not the most important thing in the world. I am going to do CLL for how people mistreat me on a regular basis. And to move up the corporate ladder.

Thatdude950

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »

Even stupider reason. Height is more likely to magic you up a girlfriend (1% chance) than it is to magic up a promotion (0.1%)

Sara123

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2018, 05:25:59 AM »

Height on girls doesn't really matter unless you are very short or tall (less than 5ft or more than 5.9-10).
You are short but for most of men this won't be a drawback, for many of them it will be a benefit too as they like short girls.
Yes a 5.5 girl will look better proportionally as generally 5.4 to 5.7 are the best heights where women look good and feminine but still your height is not a problem to think about something so hard and risky like LL.
If you are good looking then you won't have any problem in anything. If you are not, try to be fit and maybe do a boobjob which is far easier and cheaper than LL and is much more important for a woman than height (if she has small breasts).

So in a few words, don't do LL, you don't need it.

Lol you told me a similar thing!!! Telling women to just get boob jobs instead. Sorry but you appear to have little understanding of how women feel regarding this. It’s not just a case of getting a boob job and all is fine.

I know you mean well but it’s not usually that simple. But I know you mean well, that you are warning women against this operation, an operation they may not really need deep down.

I’m starting to have second thoughts. The closer it gets, the scarier it becomes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:46:39 AM by Sara123 »

kream

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »

gonna throw my 2 cents in here; really including males the LL procedure isn't very needed for many (odd coming from me who desperately wants it simply because I'm not at my ideal height and I'm not really as short as the majority here).

But using logical thinking & reasoning, the cost, procedure, pain and time going through this surgery probably won't do anything for you if your main issue is self-confidence. You can fix that with life style changes, good people in your life, or even surgical procedures to other parts of yourself (as mentioned before by some, breast augmentation, or perhaps nose jobs, etc) which are far cheaper and "safer".

Heightism, (which I never had a problem with but have read on about through these forums and other sources) primarily only affects men unless perhaps you are trying to work in an industry where height matters, which is really only modelling, but even then there are usually exceptions made/other similar options for shorter women.

For anyone (not just the women) considering LL, definitely treat it as a last resort for your problems. Especially if its simply self-confidence in yourself; change up your lifestyle and see if after a year you feel the same.

You don't want your height affecting how you think In your daily life; trust me. I hate it and it breaks me mentally every now and then.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2018, 08:16:43 AM »

gonna throw my 2 cents in here; really including males the LL procedure isn't very needed for many (odd coming from me who desperately wants it simply because I'm not at my ideal height and I'm not really as short as the majority here).

But using logical thinking & reasoning, the cost, procedure, pain and time going through this surgery probably won't do anything for you if your main issue is self-confidence. You can fix that with life style changes, good people in your life, or even surgical procedures to other parts of yourself (as mentioned before by some, breast augmentation, or perhaps nose jobs, etc) which are far cheaper and "safer".

Heightism, (which I never had a problem with but have read on about through these forums and other sources) primarily only affects men unless perhaps you are trying to work in an industry where height matters, which is really only modelling, but even then there are usually exceptions made/other similar options for shorter women.

For anyone (not just the women) considering LL, definitely treat it as a last resort for your problems. Especially if its simply self-confidence in yourself; change up your lifestyle and see if after a year you feel the same.

You don't want your height affecting how you think In your daily life; trust me. I hate it and it breaks me mentally every now and then.

Don't listen to this deal. Being taller will give you more advantage in life. Unless you are prepared to fight heightism..then do com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up