Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From 5.96' to 5.11' or 6',any tips ?  (Read 1521 times)

The Dreamer

From 5.96' to 5.11' or 6',any tips ?
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:20:12 AM »

Hi everyone🙋,I'm a young male(just 21 years old).I have spent a lot of time reading the patient's diary (in fact i'm a newbie there ☺) and I think this forum is great.
Currently I'm 176/177 cm and I really would like to be at least 180 cm.The best option would be achieving 182/183 cm,that would be great.I was asking my self which method would be the best,if you have some tipes for me,that would be great.
★I would prefer doing tibias because having longer tibias is aesthetical better than having longer femurs (in my opinion)
★I would do this only in USA or Europe,considering other patient's experiences like Sweden,crimsontide and others.
It would be great if anyone would explaine me the differences between LATN( i know the acronyme is "lengthening and then nailing" but i didn't understand what it does imply)  and LON.
I'm clealrly not English nor American so i'm apologizing for my bad writing skills.
I know i don't have a bad height (i'm deeply aware that some members of this forum wish had my height,so it's not my intention to seem like an   or greedy man) but it's obvious that guys that are 6' feet have a lot of noticeable advantages.And a lot of young male are above 5.10'
Best regards for all of you
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Bander72

Re: From 5.96' to 5.11' or 6',any tips ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:57:52 AM »

It all depends on your budget. You mentioned Lon and Latn so I assume you know what internal methods are and don't want to do them because of the price. If that is the case you would have to do in Europe as you won't find a inexpensive doctor for externals in the u.s. There are some in western and eastern europe where you can do the hybrid methods. Check the doctors section for more details such as price and what procedures they do.

The difference of Lon and Latn is that Lon you insert the nail together in the first surgery with the frames. With Latn you put the frames on first lengthen and then take the frames out and then insert the nail. So there is more surgery involved with Latn but it has the advantage that you can have the doctor correct alignment issues caused during lengthening while with Lon you won't be able to do it. If you are doing Tibias and are not using pure externals then it is better to do only 5cm.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

MirinHeight

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:05:53 AM »

Hi everyone🙋,I'm a young male(just 21 years old).I have spent a lot of time reading the patient's diary (in fact i'm a newbie there ☺) and I think this forum is great.
Currently I'm 176/177 cm and I really would like to be at least 180 cm.The best option would be achieving 182/183 cm,that would be great.I was asking my self which method would be the best,if you have some tipes for me,that would be great.
★I would prefer doing tibias because having longer tibias is aesthetical better than having longer femurs (in my opinion)
★I would do this only in USA or Europe,considering other patient's experiences like Sweden,crimsontide and others.
It would be great if anyone would explaine me the differences between LATN( i know the acronyme is "lengthening and then nailing" but i didn't understand what it does imply)  and LON.
I'm clealrly not English nor American so i'm apologizing for my bad writing skills.
I know i don't have a bad height (i'm deeply aware that some members of this forum wish had my height,so it's not my intention to seem like an ahole or greedy man) but it's obvious that guys that are 6' feet have a lot of noticeable advantages.And a lot of young male are above 5.10'

I am 5'10.5 in the middle of the day and am in same position as you. I wear a 30 inch inseam and am going to lengthen 3-4 cm external tibias with Dr. Salameh in Germany in about a year/two years.
Dr. Salameh is expensive (around 25k euros i believe) but very experienced and he has full weight bearing fixators that you can hide under sweat pants. Thats why I am going to go to him. I'm from the US too
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

The Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »

First of all,thank you for replying Bander 72☺.No,I'm not excluding any method because of the budget,i'm seeking the best one which would me allow to gain at least 5 cm with the minimal pain and effort.However i'm a aware that is impossible to be painless.If i'm not wrong,the Penguin's case 😮was the only surgery with pain level mostly equal to 0/1.
I still don't understand the sense of inserting both the nail(are you talking about an extensive nail like Precice ?) and frames(do you mean ilizarov frames ?). If i didn't misunderstand those 2 metods seem ibrid methods(?).
Greetings

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »

Go for external only on tibias with Catagni. It is the best choice for external tibias in the world and you can easily gain 6cm, be good aesthetically and reach 6ft.

Bander72

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:27:19 AM »

First of all,thank you for replying Bander 72☺.No,I'm not excluding any method because of the budget,i'm seeking the best one which would me allow to gain at least 5 cm with the minimal pain and effort.However i'm a aware that is impossible to be painless.If i'm not wrong,the Penguin's case 😮was the only surgery with pain level mostly equal to 0/1.
I still don't understand the sense of inserting both the nail(are you talking about an extensive nail like Precice ?) and frames(do you mean ilizarov frames ?). If i didn't misunderstand those 2 metods seem ibrid methods(?).
Greetings

When doing Latn or Lon you will still use traditional frames during lengthening but the nail is inserted so you can take frames out sooner and have support for your body. The safest would be as bodybuilder said external with catgni but the con is and which is why I don't want to do pure external is that you have to keep those frames on longer which can be more uncomfortable. If you do 5 cm then you should be fine with a hybrid method.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

MirinHeight

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »

Go for external only on tibias with Catagni. It is the best choice for external tibias in the world and you can easily gain 6cm, be good aesthetically and reach 6ft.

Catagni is a very good option for external operation.

I just feel like going to Salameh because of his device being full weight bearing and can very small (can hide under baggy sweats)

Whats your view on Salameh in Germany?
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 11:49:01 AM »

Catagni is a very good option for external operation.

I just feel like going to Salameh because of his device being full weight bearing and can very small (can hide under baggy sweats)

Whats your view on Salameh in Germany?
I am not sure if Salamehfix can correct malunions like hexapods Catagni use and I think that Salameh's price is expensive for pure external.
Otherwise I think he is a capable doctor but between him and Catagni I'd have choosed the second.

The Dreamer

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »

Hi Body Builder🙋,thanks for replying. In fact I live in Italy and Catagni & Pili are italian doctors.The distance between my current location and Milan is 2 hours(train). I was wondering why are you stateting it would be easy🙈.Sweden clearly told us to not do more than 5 cm on tibias in a lot of posts of his diary.
I gues you're recomending pure external because using internal nails (or hybrid methods) seems to encourage the permanent knee pain.I've read a lot about this in forum. Feel free to correct me whenever you thinks i'm stating wrong things.
PS:May I ask you if you did LL ? Because i've read a lot of diaries but not all of them.
However thanks for sharing your experiences with we "new" guys,you',re great guys !✊✊

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »

Since you are Italian and just 2 hours train ride from Milano Catagni should be your choince IMO.

Think carefully if you want to do this surgery at your height though as Italians are not that tall on average (I know because I live in Bologna)
I learned some stuff during this time

The Dreamer

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »

Thank you very much for your answer,it's very clear now ☺
So you're recomending hybrid technique.I've read in Forum about knee permanent pain as a common complication when there are involved nails 😩,what do you think ?
May I ask you if you did LL ? I've spent a lot of reading diaries but i didn't read all of them.Surely I will
I would also know if you know a patient with my starting height.I guess I have a good starting height since all of diaries that i have read are dealing with "shorter" patients😐.I'm thinking about Sweden(173 cm),crimsontide(165 if i'm not wrong),RGKEY and others.

The Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »

Are you living in Bologna,mr TIBIKE😊 ? Such a beautiful city....I have been there 5 months ago,it was an antiracist big party celebrating the Liberation Day(25 April),such good day and divertissment😃
However,yeah I know the Italy was stated as a medium-low country considering the height.But things changed a lot😅,now the young generation has outmatched even the american one.I remember clearly reading this in a lot of articles.We now are stated as 177 cm but it is counting also the old generations.I almost sure the average height of young people is now 180 cm.Clearly an height that would be slightly above that would be great.That would allow you to feel tall without be regarded as too tall/giant🙆.I have a friend which is a pure 183 cm,he is perfect.Obviously he is not towering me but the difference is clearly noticeable.
Yeah,thanks for the advice.I'm thinking up alot on this surgery,it's a serious thing😥

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 12:50:06 PM »

Are you living in Bologna,mr TIBIKE😊 ? Such a beautiful city....I have been there 5 months ago,it was an antiracist big party celebrating the Liberation Day(25 April),such good day and divertissment😃
However,yeah I know the Italy was stated as a medium-low country considering the height.But things changed a lot😅,now the young generation has outmatched even the american one.I remember clearly reading this in a lot of articles.We now are stated as 177 cm but it is counting also the old generations.I almost sure the average height of young people is now 180 cm.Clearly an height that would be slightly above that would be great.That would allow you to feel tall without be regarded as too tall/giant🙆.I have a friend which is a pure 183 cm,he is perfect.Obviously he is not towering me but the difference is clearly noticeable.
Yeah,thanks for the advice.I'm thinking up alot on this surgery,it's a serious thing😥

You are young and insecure ( also insecureabout your height) so it's normal to feel shorter than you actually are. I know since I have been there... Think about it for a few years once you are a man with some value (career and such) and if it will still be on your mind than do it (also the tech will be more advanced).

About people at your starting height, There is one user here that I remember about called Polycrates. But from my personal info, LLers of your starting height are pretty rare
I learned some stuff during this time

The Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 01:23:48 PM »

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll look Polycrate's case,analizing it deeply.I doesn't feel really bad with my height but I have the sensation that at 182,183 cm I could surely be at my maximum level.It implies doing 120% in all things.
I think it's hard to explain.However I don't want to be disrespectful toward shorter people.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »

Hi Body Builder🙋,thanks for replying. In fact I live in Italy and Catagni & Pili are italian doctors.The distance between my current location and Milan is 2 hours(train). I was wondering why are you stateting it would be easy🙈.Sweden clearly told us to not do more than 5 cm on tibias in a lot of posts of his diary.
I gues you're recomending pure external because using internal nails (or hybrid methods) seems to encourage the permanent knee pain.I've read a lot about this in forum. Feel free to correct me whenever you thinks i'm stating wrong things.
PS:May I ask you if you did LL ? Because i've read a lot of diaries but not all of them.
However thanks for sharing your experiences with we "new" guys,you',re great guys !✊✊
I did LL and I lengthened 7.5 cm on tibias. i have a diary on the old forum. 6cm in tibias is not hard for the majority of people, personally till 6cm everything was easy for me, after 6.5 cm bf became very stiff.

So I truly believe that up to 6cm things are not hard for tibias.
And I recommend external because for tibias it is the best method. Less invasive than any internal, less money and can correct misalignments which are very frequent.
The only drawback is that you should have 2 bulk frames in your legs for a little less than a year.
But if you have time and patience externals only are the best for tibias. And Catagni the best for externals too.

doomsday

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »

I know i don't have a bad height (i'm deeply aware that some members of this forum wish had my height,so it's not my intention to seem like an ahole or greedy man) but it's obvious that guys that are 6' feet have a lot of noticeable advantages.And a lot of young male are above 5.10'
First of all you must be bat   crazy to do LL at this height. You must have insecurities and now you try to fix them through the most difficult cosmetic surgery there is.
Tibia is  . You will either do externals and wear crappy frames for almost a year or get into valgus. There is no way to get perfect bone alignment if you lengthen with a nail. Sure some world class surgeons can tinker around with nail positioning or screws but it will never be perfect and who know how this will affect you leg in span of 50 years.Now you're young and strong but if body need to compensate messed up bio-mechanics in a long term you  dont know how this will affect you.
Longer tibia's are not more athletic or what ever you said. I did 4.5 cm and my legs are awkwardly long. I would rather have longer femurs.
You will get weird pains here and there and you can do nothing about it. Forget about running really fast or playing football like a normal person.
For pure cosmetic reason i think femurs with internal rod are the only option so get ready to spend around $50k to be few cm taller.
BTW. Girls at you height will be much more interested in your face than height. Just so you know.

The Dreamer

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 06:15:39 PM »

Thank you for replying,dear Doomsday✋
I think you have misunderstood,I said doing tibias will be more aesthetic,non atletic.
I have absolutely no issues with girls or people.I would say that a higher height has a lot of vantages😔(more possibility to acquire better job positions,more physical intimidation,of course more odds with girls but I don't have problems with them).Being 182/183 cm or at least 180 cm it was my dream.Doing so I would able to be a "tall guy" in the most country of the world☺.
I'm very good at football(i'm a stricker and play in a team) so it is quite disappointing😑 I will never recover my abilities.However i'm skilled but not enough to beacame a professional player so I really don't care much about.
It seems you've done tibias, may I ask how are you doing now ? Did you regret LL ? Feel free to send me a PM if you want privacy.
Best regards

The Dreamer

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 09:50:26 AM »

So,you're even taller than me...Wish I had your height...Honestly I didn't understand the part of "wearing a 30 inch steam". What does it mean ?
However,so you will do the surgery with Salameh....Interesting,I really didn't heard much about this doctor...
Why did you choose him ? Are there in forum some of his patient'diary ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up