Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you rather have 6 cm extra height or 5 cm extra PLUS 50,000 cash?  (Read 1274 times)

Zeo

Question, if you had to choose would you rather have an extra 6 cm in your femurs or 5 cm in your tibias PLUS 50,000$ cash. I’ll explain my situation further down.

Honestly, it’s the old internal vs external question. My choices would be Dr. Guichet or Dr. Pili. I know internals with Guichet would probably be more comfortable with a much faster recovery time, but I know I can safely get 5 cm with Dr. Pili. (more than likely I would try for 5.5 cm in tibias or 6.5 cm in femurs, either way only 1 cm difference and both safe). Substitute Paley for Guichet for those of you that prefer but either way same question applies.

My situation is as such: I just got a job that will let me save/make decent money. I plan on saving for about 1.5 years (maybe a little more) and I can probably save around 90k (enough for internals). Even if make enough for LL before the 1.5 years I need to stay in this job for this long or a bit longer for career purposes. So I'll have the money either way.

It will be ungodly hours and the work is very hard physically and mentally. The reason I’m thinking so much is that I understand that internals recovery “better/easier” but the thought of all that money and work being spent and me coming home flat broke and have to start all over again for just 1 extra centimeter makes me think. But I also understand that this surgery will affect me for the rest of my life so what's an extra year of work in the long term? (if I wanted to do internals and actually have some money left over, so 2.5 years of saving/working)

Idk I think it's because I’m now 26 and I will be like 27-28 when I do LL (28-29 if I chose internals and want some money left over) . I am also 162 cm and I want to get this LL thing over with so I can move on with my life. I know I’ll still be short, but it will be a big difference. I don’t have a problem being short, I just want to move on from LL. (on a side note, its really not as depressing as a lot of you make it seem)

What do you all think? I’m leaning towards going to Dr. Pili after 1.5 years and have some money left over and getting this over with asap. I can always wear an extra sole in my shoe if I’m really dying for that 1cm boost.

P.S on a side note 5.5 on tibias and 6.5 on femurs would be my absolute max for recovery purposes.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

GeTs

Re: Would you rather have 6 cm extra height or 5 cm extra PLUS 50,000 cash?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »

5cm + 50k is the no brainer.

Aside from better recovery/better proportions, you also have the option to do femurs later on for +4/5 height increase.

However if you work a physical job, I'd say to save more than that.

FDR101

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 05:34:09 PM »

I would do internals on femurs, but stick to 5 cm.

In general tibia is more complicated and I wouldn't recommend more than 4 cm. Especially if you are 162 cm.

Your femurs are naturally longer than your tibias.

Zeo

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 06:45:26 PM »

I would do internals on femurs, but stick to 5 cm.

In general tibia is more complicated and I wouldn't recommend more than 4 cm. Especially if you are 162 cm.

Your femurs are naturally longer than your tibias.

Even at 162 I think most people will agree that one could safety lengthen 5 cm with good PT, lots of standing/walking if allowed and lengthening at a slow rate. Yes the soft tissue isn't as elastic as femurs but it has been safely done many many times. I get the recovery wont be as swift or seamless but that's the trade off I guess
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Body Builder

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »

6cm on femurs is about a 5cm actual gain in height because it is not completely straight as tibias.
But even if it was a complete 6cm gain someone should have been stupid to prefer 1cm over 50k. Also on tibias LL looks better.

So 5cm + money is a very easy choice for me.

Datum

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

5 cm + money
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

biggerdreams

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 05:12:23 PM »

Remember it is not just the difference of $50K and 1cm. The healing process and how fast you will return to normal-ish life should be a deciding factor. With externals your life will come closer to being normal a lot later than if you did internals.

If it was just $50K or 1cm that is a no brainer but an extra 6 months away from your normal life may be more worth it to you. Big holes in your career gap might cost you more that $50K.
Pages: [1]   Go Up