Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: wingspan less than height  (Read 16347 times)

shawty

wingspan less than height
« on: April 06, 2014, 03:46:35 PM »

What do you guys think the max difference someone can get away with?  Normally you wingspan is longer by a couple to a few inches than your height.  For someone with a relatively close wingspan to height ratio (I'm 5'7 with a span of 5'8.5") would getting to 5'11" look weird.  My span would be 2.5 inches less than height.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: wingspan less than height
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:57:28 PM »

I don't think it'll be too much of an issue for you.  A lot of guys have short arms, and while it does look like they have short arms, that's not a big deal to most people.

Moubgf

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:10:58 PM »

Im 5'5-5'6 and when i used to wear lifts at around 5'8 in height. My arms looked kinda short BUT i realised that i was so close to 5'11 literally 8 cm. That the arms will look kinda short but as i said 5'11 is the safe limit for all of us. No matter what height you start at.

Taller

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:51 PM »

Can you please calcify what you mean by 5'11 is the safe limit for all? Surely it's safer for a 5'10 guy to reach 6'0 than a 5'2 person to reach 5'11.

Moubgf

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 12:13:13 AM »

Generally speaking the 5'2 guy can't reach 5'11 even if he lengthened 10 cm on each segment.

So i was more speaking to people that HAVE the opportuinity to reach 5'11 they can do so.

Because 5'11 is a height where you can't blame it for you not succeding in life, you can complain at 5'10 and lower.

And your arms will look short but long enough to support a height of 180 cm.

5'11 or go home.

Unless you are shorter where you do not have the opportunity to reach that heigth then any height for them is fine and improved.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 12:17:09 AM »

If you're 5'10 and not succeeding in life I think height is probably the last reason. It's above the national average.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Moubgf

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:06 AM »

Negative bro. We need to be realistic here. Look outside your window take a real good look.

No you need 5'11 it's like a unwritten blueprint for not being discriminated against.

Not to get me wrong 5'10 is fine as hell. BUT if you have ambitions above the norm and want to "shine" then 5'11 is a height you need.

If all you want out of life is that Sedentary lifestyle. wife, 2 kids and dog called skippy then 5'10 is good.

But if you want to really live and go hard you need 5'11.

As i said this are just my notion of the world as a whole today.
There is different heights for different purposes.

Taller

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 02:08:15 AM »

If all you want out of life is that Sedentary lifestyle. wife, 2 kids and dog called skippy then 5'10 is good.

Lol. I agree with you, for the most part, although I feel superficial and sad in doing so. My perception of the world is that you will never face discrimination at 5'9 or 5'10 or ever be treated as sub-human or undatable. Still, it's sadly incredibly hard to become the alpha male or to get a 'manly' or 'upper class' ("presidential-syle/regally elegant") reputation at only average height. As sad as it is, to really be seen as strong, rugged, dominant, and attractive, you've also got to be 5'11+. There are very, very few "studs" who are under 5'11, and to become one bellow 5'11, you need a certain personality that you can only possess if you're born with it. No surgery can give it to you.

LL at an average starting height is still ridiculously superficial, but the world is also matchingly superficial, thanks in big part to the stupid media. Being tall makes life so much easier and so much more enjoyable. I know because I've worn ridiculous amounts of lifts in my combat boots to get to 6'2 and girls and guys seemed to bow down to me, respect me, treat me as a leader automatically, and flirt like crazy (mostly just the girls). I wouldn't have believed being tall through LL was a worthwhile pursuit for a person of average height until I tried out being 6'2. Getting to average height puts you on a level playing field. Getting to a tall height makes life incredibly enjoyable and far easier... until the people around you mature (if ever). Then being above average height loses its appeal. If a person is going to do LL at average height, I understand. They just need to remember where they came from and and give the shorter guys the respect and fair treatment they deserve.

Moubgf

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 03:03:38 AM »

Lol. I agree with you, for the most part, although I feel superficial and sad in doing so. My perception of the world is that you will never face discrimination at 5'9 or 5'10 or ever be treated as sub-human or undatable. Still, it's sadly incredibly hard to become the alpha male or to get a 'manly' or 'upper class' ("presidential-syle/regally elegant") reputation at only average height. As sad as it is, to really be seen as strong, rugged, dominant, and attractive, you've also got to be 5'11+. There are very, very few "studs" who are under 5'11, and to become one bellow 5'11, you need a certain personality that you can only possess if you're born with it. No surgery can give it to you.

LL at an average starting height is still ridiculously superficial, but the world is also matchingly superficial, thanks in big part to the stupid media. Being tall makes life so much easier and so much more enjoyable. I know because I've worn ridiculous amounts of lifts in my combat boots to get to 6'2 and girls and guys seemed to bow down to me, respect me, treat me as a leader automatically, and flirt like crazy (mostly just the girls). I wouldn't have believed being tall through LL was a worthwhile pursuit for a person of average height until I tried out being 6'2. Getting to average height puts you on a level playing field. Getting to a tall height makes life incredibly enjoyable and far easier... until the people around you mature (if ever). Then being above average height loses its appeal. If a person is going to do LL at average height, I understand. They just need to remember where they came from and and give the shorter guys the respect and fair treatment they deserve.

You and me tall we think the same, i would not say i feel superficial it's more "am im crazy? and i just don't know it? or do i have some mental illness going on?. Or am i actually alpha for taking a hold of my own destiny?".

Bro i have been 5'8 as i might agree you will not face discrimination at 5'9 because at that height you are 5'10 in shoes anyway and objectively not short. Exactly you need 5'11 to live a dominant lifestyle where your will is actually respected. Exactly and those personalities only gets to blossom when they get positive feedback from people all the time so they get more confidence. but as a short guy you probably got neutral impressions during your childhood and then by adolescence you got bad feedback obviously so because you are short and that created a negative spiral of emotions and stuff and here we are on this forum about to change ourself for the better.

Yes the most annoying thing about tall people is most of them don't deserve it. My friend was a fat noob when we went to school together and we stayed friends all through that and i love him. But too see NOW the amount of intimidation and respect just by being tall he gets now is MIND BLOWING that is the MAIN reason i am doing this surgery. Because im good looking (no homo) And i know i would become a puzzy slayer if i got to 5'11 no doubt about it i KNOW it. Life is mega easy when you are tall. i saw ugly little brothers of people and loosers in school now tall acting all that like they always was that bad ass. When infact the reason they got anything in life is because they got tall.
The people meeting them don't get that. But i was there from the  begining and i know who they REALLY are behind their height. Not to say some of them deserve it they do. But i guess all i can do is learn and act on what i have seen my life growing up to this point.

if you asked us 1995 about LL lengthening being average height, i would have smacked him at the back of his head and said look at the world you don't need it....yet. NOW though the whole earth has transformed into a narcissistic egoistic hellhole. ( i actually think the Illuminati is behind the gap of tall and short perception. Divide and conquer they know that 80% of the population are not tall so they play on that card and create favour for the top 20% and make us the people want that. Clever technique.

Yes when i see a short guy i just want to hug him and help him. Give him all my possesions i want him to be happy no matter what. It's kind of weird but ever since i realised the discrimination. i was a good person before now im super aware and want happyness to all mistreated people. Thats why i can't wait until i get my surgery so i can progressively help "inferior" people be happy.

Adriano

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 03:21:18 AM »

I wouldn't have believed being tall through LL was a worthwhile pursuit for a person of average height until I tried out being 6'2.

Well said mate.  PPl think im nuts for targetting LL gains of 8 inches.

More height is always better if you are not already taller then 75% of Men.

ttomy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 11:57:57 AM »

"Not to get me wrong 5'10 is fine as hell. BUT if you have ambitions above the norm and want to "shine" then 5'11 is a height you need." that really is delusional lol. if you cant "shine" at 5'10 you wont at an inch more. thats an obsession

LLCaptain

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 05:25:53 PM »

Because 5'11 is a height where you can't blame it for you not succeding in life, you can complain at 5'10 and lower.

Anyone seen the type of members flocking to the forums lately?

A bunch of 5'8+ guys who can't live another day without feeling miserable, a dude who wants to gain 5 inches not for height but to be a ceremonial guard (lol?), and up here a guy who thinks 5'10 is a case for failure in life.

Seems like these dudes are lacking in a lot of things, not just height.

ttomy

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 06:58:37 PM »

and since 5'10 is mostly average in the us 50% of ppl can blame failure on their height

Peaceout

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 07:09:10 PM »

Anyone seen the type of members flocking to the forums lately?

A bunch of 5'8+ guys who can't live another day without feeling miserable, a dude who wants to gain 5 inches not for height but to be a ceremonial guard (lol?), and up here a guy who thinks 5'10 is a case for failure in life.

Seems like these dudes are lacking in a lot of things, not just height.
ikr

ttomy

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »

also dont read reddit/short its the same thing maybe even worse and too negative in general

Iamready

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 06:48:37 PM »

it's all good everyone has their perception/experiences.  But I was just skimming through some actors I thought looked like a good height, Shia and Tom Hardy, and they are 5 9 believe it or not.  Also it has to do with how you carry yourself and I think taller people naturally carry themselves more confidently because of their height and how people react to their height but some people who are shorter than 6 feet have that same aura because either they were raised to believe height doesn't mean   or they feel they are superior to others. 

Either way it's an interesting argument for what height people view as the cut off for no longer blaming your height for problems in your life.  Where do we draw the line between a physical issue and what could actually be a psychological issue.

Knik

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 07:04:04 PM »

Do you think 80 cm arms is short for a 6'1-2 guy ?
Looking for Pili

a

• 5'9
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 10:01:51 PM »

Bump it, I didn't want to ask the same question in another topic.

What do you guys think the max difference someone can get away with?
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

a

• 5'9
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 01:11:17 AM »

Bump it, I didn't want to ask the same question in another topic.

Bump again, sorry for the spam. Not a spam tbh. Its been a long time since the topic was dropped back after I bumped it. Still sorry tho. No hate.

Iron_Man

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2020, 01:37:56 AM »

It's hard to tell, because the wingspan isn’t only about the length of the arms. 
In this video Cyborg4Life talks about human proportions. He gives this calculation formula there - full arm length / height ~ 0.35

a

• 5'9
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 09:40:25 AM »

Yes exactly, although I dont have broad shoulders my wingspan is 180-181cm I guess thats because of my huge hands. I wish my arms were longer.

ididUrMIM

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »

"Not to get me wrong 5'10 is fine as hell. BUT if you have ambitions above the norm and want to "shine" then 5'11 is a height you need." that really is delusional lol. if you cant "shine" at 5'10 you wont at an inch more. thats an obsession

“need” Mate, I suggest you learn to differentiate a ‘need’ from a ‘want’

6inchesofconfidence

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2020, 01:44:52 PM »

If you guys talkin abt power and money
Just putting this out here, Putin - 5'6"
Jeff Bezos- 5'7"

Rest, you guys fill the gaps.

Iron_Man

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »

If you guys talkin abt power and money
Just putting this out here, Putin - 5'6"
Jeff Bezos- 5'7"

Rest, you guys fill the gaps.

By the way, Putin is actually below 170. He wears very high shoes
https://ibb.co/5hZCKBc

ShortArm

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2020, 06:20:18 AM »

I will say this. With a better proportion you will be able to live less painful life. You can do more things and enjoy more about life. With short arms you need to use back and legs all the time to compesate the lack of reach. Less you have reach more you compesate.

I would never do leg lenghtening if my arms ware not hugely long..

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2020, 07:08:18 AM »

If someone says you look like a t-rex, just reply with a "thank you, T's were the most badass of the dinosaurs."
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ididUrMIM

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2020, 10:56:46 AM »

I will say this. With a better proportion you will be able to live less painful life. You can do more things and enjoy more about life. With short arms you need to use back and legs all the time to compesate the lack of reach. Less you have reach more you compesate.

I would never do leg lenghtening if my arms ware not hugely long..

100% I am 164cm and my wingspan is 179. If my wingspan was not as big as it is now, I would either consider arm lengthening.

short

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2020, 12:00:05 PM »

Are you sure you're not a monkey?

ididUrMIM

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2020, 02:30:18 PM »

Are you sure you're not a monkey?

Lol, genetics decided to make a joke

short

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2020, 03:31:17 PM »